PDA

View Full Version : Fyvie

Pages : [1] 2

blackpoolhibs
01-06-2017, 07:40 PM
Just seen on another site that he's reported to have turned us down and will be leaving.

SMAXXA
01-06-2017, 07:41 PM
Aberdeen imo

oneone73
01-06-2017, 07:42 PM
Cup legend. Shame. He'll always get a round of applause from me.

stevie-bee
01-06-2017, 07:43 PM
Aberdeen fans gave him a hard time at hampden

we are hibs
01-06-2017, 07:44 PM
heard Dundee united and Hearts want him. not bothered at all, we can and will do better.

SirDavidsNapper
01-06-2017, 07:45 PM
Replacement for Jack probably. I like Fyvie but he's not Lennons first choice

Skol
01-06-2017, 07:46 PM
Big loss IMO and a key part of our team when we are playing well

Golden Bear
01-06-2017, 07:47 PM

Spot on.

Pete
01-06-2017, 07:48 PM
A real shame but the writing was on the wall when Bartley got the shirt from Lennon and signed a deal. Fyvie is too good for the bench so it's understandable that he's decided to move on.

A real talent and a cup winning legend. No hard feeling no matter who he comes back with...and I mean anyone.

kevo1875
01-06-2017, 07:48 PM
Yes cup winning legend , will always be thankful for his part in winning the cup...i wonder if Lennon will maybe be considering playing efe as defensive midfielder as he has played there for Nigeria ?

Ozyhibby
01-06-2017, 07:50 PM
Must admit I'm disappointed but not surprised. Has not been a first pick for Lennon. I expect the same with McGeogh next season as he has not been a first pick this season even when he has been fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibee
01-06-2017, 07:50 PM
Will be missed, we were poor when he was out for a while in the middle of the season.

GreenNWhiteArmy
01-06-2017, 07:52 PM

100%.

Has the ability to play for anybody outside of celtic. Hope we don't regret this decision. NL might want to start adding midfielders to his squad instead of more defenders.

If we can bring in better quality then kudos Mr Lennon. We'll see

weecounty hibby
01-06-2017, 07:53 PM
Pretty gutted about that if true. He was instrumental in some of our best football and played a huge part in us winning the cup. Wish him all the best no matter wherever he ends up, just not when playing us

CRAZYHIBBY
01-06-2017, 07:54 PM
Just seen on another site that he's reported to have turned us down and will be leaving.

What site was this

Sergey
01-06-2017, 07:55 PM
In Lennon I Trust.

If I'm being brutally honest, he probably had as many poor matches as he had good ones.

I still wish him a fond farewell.

Keyser Sauzee
01-06-2017, 07:56 PM
100%.

Has the ability to play for anybody outside of celtic. Hope we don't regret this decision. NL might want to start adding midfielders to his squad instead of more defenders.

If we can bring in better quality then kudos Mr Lennon. We'll see

What decision will that be? We offered him a deal, he has turned us down. Not a lot the club has done wrong here.

Sir David Gray
01-06-2017, 07:57 PM
Not surprised by this at all if it is true.

Elephant Stone
01-06-2017, 07:58 PM
Yes cup winning legend , will always be thankful for his part in winning the cup...i wonder if Lennon will maybe be considering playing efe as defensive midfielder as he has played there for Nigeria ?

I've next to no idea how well it would work but I've fancied seeing Efe played there as well.

I could get accustomed to some of this :

https://media.balls.ie/uploads/2013/11/iFqYkBRz9ebpH.gif

Is that ball totally under control? Who knows!

Worth a try I reckon.

Argylehibby

I think he's a key part of the team and we play better when he's in it.

The_Horde
In Lennon I Trust.

If I'm being brutally honest, he probably had as many poor matches as he had good ones.

Probably not good enough for the Ryman league, right?

Big L

I was thinking that, but I didn't know he played their for Nigeria. If we played a 4-2-3-1 Efe & Bartley would be magic in front of the back 4.

SirDavidsNapper
In Lennon I Trust.

In a nutshell

mentalhibee
01-06-2017, 07:59 PM
Gutted if he is away, great player!

.Sean.
01-06-2017, 08:00 PM
Very disappointed.

He'll leave with my very best wishes and he'll always be welcomed back as long as he doesn't sign for Hearts or Rangers. Aberdeen would be a good move for him and can see why he'd be keen to go back.

Cup-winning legend - hopefully too sensible to tarnish that by signing for the two aforementioned gangs.

01-06-2017, 08:01 PM
I will miss him. One ginge leaves and another arrives. We can't keep them all. Change is good. wish Fraser all the best he gave his all in the green and what more can we ask for.

SON OF PADDY
01-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Absolutely Gutted if this is true !
Wherever he goes " I wish him well "
Thanks for the always giving your best in a Hibs shirt.

The abuse Fraser got was nothing short of embarrassing.

Eyrie
01-06-2017, 08:04 PM
Sad to see him go, but not surprised as Fyvie will be looking for a team where he has a better chance of regular first team football. Our midfield is competitive enough and we've still to add the goal scorer that Lennon wants.

JimboHibs
01-06-2017, 08:04 PM
I think he's a key part of the team and we play better when he's in it.

Definitely imo,gutted to see him leave if true,I like Bartley but would play Fraser before Marvin everyweek ...

GreenNWhiteArmy
01-06-2017, 08:05 PM
What decision will that be? We offered him a deal, he has turned us down. Not a lot the club has done wrong here.

That depends on what he was offered. Lennon has probably told FF his plans, a contract has been offered on the back of that to reaffirm his position going forward. My opinion is that he is deserving as any of the out of contract players to be given favourable terms**

I trust NL though so if he feels this is the right decision then so be it. I just personally believe he has a lot to offer us next season

**With the exception of Stevenson and McGregor. They were outstanding and should have been signed up for life

tamig
01-06-2017, 08:06 PM
Disappointing but not unexpected. Was delighted when we initially got Fyvie on a short term deal and even more delighted when we kept him for a further two seasons. Great wee player and he will be missed.

mjhibby
01-06-2017, 08:06 PM
With mcginn,Bartley,mcgeoch and swanson probably ahead of him in the pecking order and with lennon on the lookout for at least another one or two it would be difficult for him to get in the team. The same dilemma as boyle and the length of time both are taking to decide probably means them going elsewhere or of course they are hoping for a better offer than is currently on the table. If they do leave it with my best wishes as both have always given their best and Boyles screamer v livi will live long in memory.

Jonnyboy
01-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Disappointed if Fraser goes as I really like him as a player but things evolve, it's the nature of the business

Johnny_Leith
01-06-2017, 08:09 PM
Very good player who will be missed. Played some of our best stuff with McGeouch and Fyvie in the middle.

Good luck Fraser, cup winning legend! Just don't sign for Hearts. Will be going to Aberdeen I'd imagine

w pilton hibby
01-06-2017, 08:10 PM

Is/was in Aberdeen for Ryan Jack's stag do!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-signing-ryan-jack-enjoys-10543500

MWHIBBIES
01-06-2017, 08:10 PM
In Lennon I Trust.

Not even close to being true. He had about 5 bad games in 3 years.

Why are folk saying he wasn't first choice? He was apart from a dip in form and an injury.

We'll miss him big time and you'll see it next season if we have McGinn and Bartley playing in a 2.

Steve20
01-06-2017, 08:12 PM
Bit disappointing. Good player who isn't appreciated by a lot of our support. We were better when he played.

The_Horde
01-06-2017, 08:16 PM
Good player on his day. But his day didn't come often enough IMO. We'll replace him relatively comfortably but I'd still rather we didn't have to.

brianmc
01-06-2017, 08:18 PM
Decent player, always a 100% guy, leaves with my best wishes - but I think (Lenny thinks) he can find better.
Certainly won't give Fraser any abuse whenever he returns (unless it's for the big or wee huns, obviously).

The Spaceman
01-06-2017, 08:21 PM
Great wee player who I wanted us to keep. We aren't going to struggle massively without him but he is a very good option for us to have when we need to change our game plan in the midfield.

Would move on with my very best wishes :aok:

Nemo
01-06-2017, 08:23 PM
the sun reporting it also

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1091557/fraser-fyvie-set-to-leave-hibs-after-knocking-back-new-contract-offer/

we are hibs
01-06-2017, 08:24 PM

Why are folk saying he wasn't first choice? He was apart from a dip in form and an injury.

We'll miss him big time and you'll see it next season if we have McGinn and Bartley playing in a 2.

well that's just not true considering he had way more than 5 bad games last season alone.

MikeyS
01-06-2017, 08:24 PM
Disappointing news and won't be fully appreciated until he is back playing against us. He's better than Bartley, more consistent than Dylan (due to his time spent on sidelines admittedly) and I'm not convinced Swanson is going to be an improvement on any of them.

Hopefully NL has someone else lined up and it's not as big an issue as it currently seems. Sad to see a cup winning legend go though.

Ah well, The Hibs go marching on.........

RoxburghHibs
01-06-2017, 08:25 PM

No he just took to long. He returned from his holiday and contacted Hibs looking to sign only to be told the deal was no longer on the table.

He's gutted but will find a new club.

All the best and thanks for the cup win Fraser

B.H.F.C
01-06-2017, 08:27 PM

Why are people saying he wasn't first choice? Probably because he only started a handful of games in the last 3 months of the season.

Fyvie is a decent player. We've had as many good performances without him as we did with him though. Just this season we won away to Falkirk twice without him. Dundee Utd at the turn of the year and Hearts at home which were probably our two best performances of the season.

As for Bartley and McGinn playing as a two, we've had plenty good performances with them as a two. Hearts at home, Dundee Utd away and the semi final performance once we changed the shape. I'd bet we were equally as inconsistent with or without Fyvie all season.

guthrie01
01-06-2017, 08:27 PM
Disappointing news and won't be fully appreciated until he is back playing against us. He's better than Bartley, more consistent than Dylan (due to his time spent on sidelines admittedly) and I'm not convinced Swanson is going to be an improvement on any of them.

Hopefully NL has someone else lined up and it's not as big an issue as it currently seems. Sad to see a cup winning legend go though.

Ah well, The Hibs go marching on.........

My thoughts too, sad to see him go and will be even worse when he inevitably plays against us, hopefully not with Hearts

Brightside
01-06-2017, 08:28 PM
He's a much better player than Bartley but Lennon has never really fancied him. Also with Murray joining we were back to our legal limit for gingers.

essexhibee
01-06-2017, 08:29 PM
Big loss. Pretty gutted tbh about that.

hibsbollah
Hardly a surprise after the semifinal. I've never seen a man look so biscuit ersed after being subbed.

MikeyS
No he just took to long. He returned from his holiday and contacted Hibs looking to sign only to be told the deal was no longer on the table.

He's gutted but will find a new club.

All the best and thanks for the cup win Fraser

if that's the case that he missed an agreed deadline then maybe we can presume that other targets are in the pipeline and we couldn't afford to miss out on them waiting for him.

MWHIBBIES
01-06-2017, 08:30 PM
well that's just not true considering he had way more than 5 bad games last season alone.No, he didn't.

MikeyS
01-06-2017, 08:33 PM
He's a much better player than Bartley but Lennon has never really fancied him. Also with Murray joining we were back to our legal limit for gingers.

ha ha! I'm actually struggling to think of many prominent gingers in the game just now. There is that French boy that looks like he's a competition winner at Barca (Mattieu?) but not many others!

MWHIBBIES
01-06-2017, 08:33 PM
Why are people saying he wasn't first choice? Probably because he only started a handful of games in the last 3 months of the season.

Fyvie is a decent player. We've had as many good performances without him as we did with him though. Just this season we won away to Falkirk twice without him. Dundee Utd at the turn of the year and Hearts at home which were probably our two best performances of the season.

As for Bartley and McGinn playing as a two, we've had plenty good performances with them as a two. Hearts at home, Dundee Utd away and the semi final performance once we changed the shape. I'd bet we were equally as inconsistent with or without Fyvie all season.Yes, he had a poor run of form as was dropped. Our best performances in the last 3 months were still with him playing (Ayr away, QOTS at home)

The problems with Bartley and McGinn become obvious when the games aren't scrappy. Neither takes the ball from the defence, we need a player like that or we start aimlessly punting it. So many examples of this over the last 18 months. Not having that type of player cost us a league cup win.

Dashing Bob S
01-06-2017, 08:34 PM
Upset about this - a quality player. Let's face it, if he's not going to England, he's off to Rangers, Hearts or Aberdeen, and not Patrick Thistle, Ross County or St Johnstone.

RoxburghHibs
01-06-2017, 08:34 PM
if that's the case that he missed an agreed deadline then maybe we can presume that other targets are in the pipeline and we couldn't afford to miss out on them waiting for him.

I guess Hibs can't wait forever. I know his old man and went to games with him over last couple seasons. He fell in love with Hibs on 21.05.16 and even though Fraser will be gone will attend Hibs games with us next season when he can.

MikeyS
01-06-2017, 08:35 PM
Yes, he had a poor run of form as was dropped. Our best performances in the last 3 months were still with him playing (Ayr away, QOTS at home)

The problems with Bartley and McGinn become obvious when the games aren't scrappy. Neither takes the ball from the defence, we need a player like that or we start aimlessly punting it. So many examples of this over the last 18 months. Not having that type of player cost us a league cup win.

Agree with this, neither Marv or McGinn really look under control of the ball or try starting moves from deep. Its even more important that we get Dylan fully fit now ( if such a thing exists)

MikeyS
01-06-2017, 08:37 PM
I guess Hibs can't wait forever. I know his old man and went to games with him over last couple seasons. He fell in love with Hibs on 21.05.16 and even though Fraser will be gone will attend Hibs games with us next season when he can.

Thats good to hear, John McGinn told our table at the sponsors do his dad doesn't miss many games either. He even chose a hibs game over an important fixture of one of the other McGinn sons. :flag:

B.H.F.C
01-06-2017, 08:42 PM
Yes, he had a poor run of form as was dropped. Our best performances in the last 3 months were still with him playing (Ayr away, QOTS at home)

Yet Fyvie was left out of some of our biggest games over that 3 month period. Big pressure games against Hearts and at Tannadice. Both of which we won. Both with Marv and McGinn in the middle of the park.

I don't think Fyvie is a bad player. But he doesn't dramatically improve the team. Do we win substantially more games with him in the team as opposed to not? I don't think we do.

CraigHibee
01-06-2017, 08:46 PM
good player and i'm disappointed, understandable though if he isn't getting a start, i wish him well

MWHIBBIES
01-06-2017, 08:48 PM
Yet Fyvie was left out of some of our biggest games over that 3 month period. Big pressure games against Hearts and at Tannadice. Both of which we won. Both with Marv and McGinn in the middle of the park.

I don't think Fyvie is a bad player. But he doesn't dramatically improve the team. Do we win substantially more games with him in the team as opposed to not? I don't think we do.We certainly win more cup finals when hes in the team.

He was in a poor patch of form and Shinnie was in a very good patch so Fyvie was dropped for those games. We've won plenty of big games with him in the side. It isn't really the big games he is most effective in anyway, we are a much better side against the cannon fodder with him in the team.

Replacing Fyvie is our highest priority now, hope Lennon knows what he is doing.

Jones28
01-06-2017, 08:53 PM
I've got a sneaky feeling he will end up at st Johnstone

makaveli1875
01-06-2017, 08:54 PM
Dont think he will be difficult to replace , not too worried about him coming back to haunt us either . He leaves us as 1 of the legends and best of luck to him where ever he ends up next .

jeffers
01-06-2017, 08:54 PM
'til he got injured I thought he'd been our best midfielder this season, but when he came back he was a bit hit or miss. When he was on his game he was excellent, when he wasn't he was woeful, pretty much how I viewed his time with us. He doesn't do anything badly but equally I don't think he excels in anything either. Part of a midfield who don't get or really create enough goals. Good luck to him, but I wouldn't worry about him hurting us in any games he plays against us next season.

Why do people keep comparing him with Bartley ? Too totally different players, other than maybe playing in the same part of the pitch. Fwiw I'd rather have Bartley doing what he does best.

fat freddy
01-06-2017, 08:56 PM
Very disappointed. When Bartley, Mcgeouch and Swanson are finished playing Fraser Fyvie will still be going strong, this is like throwing out the crown jewels to me, a decision on a par with letting Wotherspoon leave.

Pete70
01-06-2017, 08:58 PM
I'll be disappointed if he leaves, he's a better player than most give him credit for. If we plan on attacking teams he should play before Marv as he gives us more going forward. He will be a loss but goes with my thanks for being part of the cup winning team.

Hopefully Dylan will be fit enough top play more than 10 games so that Fyvie won't be missed too much.

Brightside
01-06-2017, 09:00 PM
'til he got injured I thought he'd been our best midfielder this season, but when he came back he was a bit hit or miss. When he was on his game he was excellent, when he wasn't he was woeful, pretty much how I viewed his time with us. He doesn't do anything badly but equally I don't think he excels in anything either. Part of a midfield who don't get or really create enough goals. Good luck to him, but I wouldn't worry about him hurting us in any games he plays against us next season.

Why do people keep comparing him with Bartley ? Too totally different players, other than maybe playing in the same part of the pitch. Fwiw I'd rather have Bartley doing what he does best.

They are the main deep playing midfielders in the squad. They are different as Fyvie has a first touch and a passing ability. Bartley on the other hand is a nuisance to opposing players but creates nothing.

The_Horde
01-06-2017, 09:00 PM
Very disappointed. When Bartley, Mcgeouch and Swanson are finished playing Fraser Fyvie will still be going strong, this is like throwing out the crown jewels to me, a decision on a par with letting Wotherspoon leave.

Jesus. He's hardly Messi. :hilarious

We've lost better before and will again.

MWHIBBIES
01-06-2017, 09:04 PM
Jesus. He's hardly Messi. :hilarious

We've lost better before and will again.
That makes it okay then. Should just release Cummings as well since he isn't as good as Griffiths.

B.H.F.C
01-06-2017, 09:04 PM
I'll be disappointed if he leaves, he's a better player than most give him credit for. If we plan on attacking teams he should play before Marv as he gives us more going forward. He will be a loss but goes with my thanks for being part of the cup winning team.

Hopefully Dylan will be fit enough top play more than 10 games so that Fyvie won't be missed too much.

Hopefully he squad has a better balance this year. We've had 4 central midfielders (McGinn, Fyvie, McGeough and Bartley) who don't even contribute double figures between them.

If Fyvie's wage can be used to fund a different type of player then it might not be the worst thing in the world.

jeffers
01-06-2017, 09:05 PM
They are the main deep playing midfielders in the squad. They are different as Fyvie has a first touch and a passing ability. Bartley on the other hand is a nuisance to opposing players but creates nothing.

Fyvie is the better "footballer" no disagreement there, but I think you are being unfair on Bartley. It's not his job to create anything, he is there to break up attacks, win the ball and pass it to other more creative players.

007 Mickey Weir
01-06-2017, 09:06 PM
He was offered a contract 2 months ago. He tried to negotiate better terms for himself directly with club, no agent. Lennon put him on bench last game "as he hadn't signed his contract. Went on holiday 3 days after last game and came back on the 23rd. Contacted his agent to get the deal done in the 24th and his agent was informed the deal was off the table. Fact. Fraser wanted to stay but on better terms and Lennon has been Lennon and taken the offer off the table far to early.
Its now done and all will move on. But he is a brilliant player and will always be a cup legend. I wish him all the best and hopefully he gets a good move quickly for him and his family.

Greenworld
01-06-2017, 09:07 PM
Perhaps better players are on their way in ....

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

AZhibee
01-06-2017, 09:08 PM
Like him; would miss him if he departs; maybe best move for him to move on; wish him well!

The_Horde
01-06-2017, 09:10 PM
That makes it okay then. Should just release Cummings as well since he isn't as good as Griffiths.

Hardly the same. There's a million Fyvies in the football world, but very few match winners like JC and LG.

jeffers
He was offered a contract 2 months ago. He tried to negotiate better terms for himself directly with club, no agent. Lennon put him on bench last game "as he hadn't signed his contract. Went on holiday 3 days after last game and came back on the 23rd. Contacted his agent to get the deal done in the 24th and his agent was informed the deal was off the table. Fact. Fraser wanted to stay but on better terms and Lennon has been Lennon and taken the offer off the table far to early.
Its now done and all will move on. But he is a brilliant player and will always be a cup legend. I wish him all the best and hopefully he gets a good move quickly for him and his family.

Not having a go but what do you mean by "Lennon has been Lennon" ??

bingo70

What if Lennon found a better replacement during the time Fyvie was thinking about it?

Lennons loyalty is to Hibs not Fyvie.

Keyser Sauzee
01-06-2017, 09:13 PM

Wotherspoon was bang average at best for a couple seasons when he left. It wasn't a bad decision by the club, in fact, it was 100% the right decision.

Borderhibbie76
01-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Absolutely Gutted if this is true !
Wherever he goes " I wish him well "
Thanks for the always giving your best in a Hibs shirt.

The abuse Fraser got was nothing short of embarrassing.
Abuse?? No chance that's total rubbish. If anything he is one of the most overrated Hibs players amongst the support. Personally I think he's decent nothing more...always be a cup winning legend but I'm not overly fussed either way. If he doesn't wanna fight for his place in the team...similar to Keats than its thanks and goodbye from me...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
01-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Disappointed in losing Fyvie, I rate him highly and would have preferred to have kept him over others. It's what Lennon thinks that matters though, so fair enough.

Borderhibbie76
01-06-2017, 09:18 PM
No, he didn't.
Sorry but he did...he was on a really poor run-of-form post new year that saw him lose his place in the side. Some just don't see it in here and that's fine we all have opinions...but he was bang average for a while before lennon dropped him. As an aside for a midfielder how many goals/assists did we get from FF last season??

RMQ1967
01-06-2017, 09:19 PM
Abuse?? No chance that's total rubbish. If anything he is one of the most overrated Hibs players amongst the support. Personally I think he's decent nothing more...always be a cup winning legend but I'm not overly fussed either way. If he doesn't wanna fight for his place in the team...similar to Keats than its thanks and goodbye from me...

Or perhaps the most underrated by some of the support - excellent footballer & sorry to see him go.

Borderhibbie76
01-06-2017, 09:23 PM
Or perhaps the most underrated by some of the support - excellent footballer & sorry to see him go.
Time will tell but Lennon clearly doesn't see it that way...he is our manager and I trust his judgement. Our main weakness last season was lack of goalscoring threat and creativity from the middle of the park...and Fraser Fyvie contributed to that. Decent player yes but not irreplaceable imo

Scouse Hibee
01-06-2017, 09:24 PM

Yes that sounds about right, wish him well and sorry to see him go.

we are hibs
01-06-2017, 09:24 PM
No, he didn't.

yes, he did. that's why he had barely featured this year

Heisenberg
01-06-2017, 09:28 PM

Far too early? He was offered a contract two months ago and decided to stall on making a decision as he chased more cash. We can't hang about forever.

SON OF PADDY
01-06-2017, 09:29 PM

Yes abuse ?? You must be going to different games or sit with your fingers in your ears.

angus hibby
01-06-2017, 09:31 PM
Hope this doesn't come back to haunt us. Bartley will be useful in some games next season but Fyvie is the better all round footballer by a distance.

Borderhibbie76
01-06-2017, 09:33 PM
Yes abuse ?? You must be going to different games or sit with your fingers in your ears.
I've honestly never heard any abuse directed at fyvie...yes maybe the odd comment after a misplaced pass but nothing out the ordinary

01-06-2017, 09:35 PM
Perhaps better players are on their way in ....

That's what I was thinking, if the offer has been withdrawn because he took too long it may mean we are close to securing a deal with one or two midfielders. Hendo? Lose one cup final legend but bring another back home where he belongs.

BSEJVT
01-06-2017, 09:36 PM
I will be sorry to see Fraser Fyvie go.

But it seems clear to me that Lennon prefers Marvin in the DM role.

For me its one or the other in the team not both.

Somehow or other we need to get more creativity and especially goals from midfield in the team

Neither Fyvie nor Bartley for that matter will provide those.

If as expected JC moves on I think we would do very well to sign as prolific a scorer as him and that will make the need for more midfield goals even more acute.

I see Swanson as an upgrade to Shinnie (from a goals perspective at least), whose to say there is not a Bartley / Fyvie upgrade in the offing, with Scott Martin filling in the gap left by Fyvie when injuries and suspensions bite.

dmc1875
01-06-2017, 09:36 PM
He's a cup winning legend and will be a miss. But he would be a squad player next season going by what Lennon wants I believe.

In Lennon we trust.

SON OF PADDY
01-06-2017, 09:37 PM
I've honestly never heard any abuse directed at fyvie...yes maybe the odd comment after a misplaced pass but nothing out the ordinary

Fair enough mate ! But I certainly did, we'll just have to agree to disagree.😉

Borderhibbie76
01-06-2017, 09:38 PM
Fair enough mate ! But I certainly did, we'll just have to agree to disagree.😉
Fair do's mate 👍

NAE NOOKIE
01-06-2017, 09:42 PM
I always thought Fyvie was a better player than he was given credit for, but he wasn't an outstanding one ..... I cant remember too many defence splitting passes and like all of our midfielders he was pretty short on goals. In fact his stand out moment in a Hibs shirt was his run to pick up Gray's throw in at the end of the cup final.

I do think we need to replace him ... we need a guy with a calm head in midfield who can see and hit an accurate through ball or long range pass, I don't think any of the current midfield players do that with the possible exception of McGinn, but even he isn't consistent with it, we need more of that that in the team ... Commons can do it, but I'm not convinced he is the way forward for us ... Scott Allan can certainly do it and if we could get the Allan who played so well for us before his Sevco nonsense I would be delighted to see him back. He would have to know that a move to Hibs would be his absolute last chance to make it in the game which you would hope would concentrate his mind .. I admit its pretty unlikely we will see him back though.

Anyway ... good luck Fraser, always a Hibs legend.

GreenCastle
01-06-2017, 09:47 PM
Heard there had been a deal on table for a while so not surprised he's not taken it.

Signs were obvious being taken off in semi final early etc that him and Lennon don't get along that well.

Fyvie is a legend and I want him to stay as he's a leader and quality player.

The worry for me is if SJM goes too then that's a big 2 missing in the middle.

The other annoying thing would be if he went to a rival rather than downsouth.

snooky
01-06-2017, 09:56 PM
I like Fyvie a lot. Good engine and doesn't hide. Some games he looks off the boil a bit but you could easily say that about every player in the squad.
Don't like when quality leaves unless there's better quality already signed up.

007 Mickey Weir
01-06-2017, 09:57 PM
Not having a go but what do you mean by "Lennon has been Lennon" ??

Playing hard ball. But that's what you would expect I suppose. No deadline was given and then offer removed before he could sign. Just sad for him. But we all will move on. No doubt Lennon has targets in mind for replacements. Or Martin could step up

jeffers
01-06-2017, 10:01 PM
Playing hard ball. But that's what you would expect I suppose. No deadline was given and then offer removed before he could sign. Just sad for him. But we all will move on. No doubt Lennon has targrrsvin mind for replacements. Or Martin could step up

Cheers. On the face of it a bit tough on Fyvie if no deadline had been given.

matty_f
01-06-2017, 10:02 PM
Genuinely sorry to see him leave, I always thought we were a better team when he played than when he didn't.

Cup winner, so goes with best wishes.

kaimendhibs
01-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Sorry if he leaves, good player who never hid and his drive and determination led to our winning goal on 21.5.16

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cocaine&Caviar
01-06-2017, 10:12 PM
I was thinking that, but I didn't know he played their for Nigeria. If we played a 4-2-3-1 Efe & Bartley would be magic in front of the back 4.

Really like that idea, a little Mascherano/Alonso esque, when they had Gerrard behind Torres. Or a more recent example of ****e/Matic.

GK: Marciano / Laidlaw

RB: Whittaker / Gray
CB: McGregor / Forster
CB: Hanlon / Fontaine
LB: Stevenson / Crane

DM: Ambrose, Murray
DM: Bartley, S. Martin

RW: Swanson, Boyle
AM: McGinn, McGeouch
LW: Stokes*, TBC

ST: Cummings, S. Murray

RMQ1967
01-06-2017, 10:21 PM
Time will tell but Lennon clearly doesn't see it that way...he is our manager and I trust his judgement. Our main weakness last season was lack of goalscoring threat and creativity from the middle of the park...and Fraser Fyvie contributed to that. Decent player yes but not irreplaceable imo

Agreed Fyvie can't shoot to save himself but he has other attributes that make him stand out from your Wotherspoons & Rankins. I only hope NL does have someone better lined up & isn't just making a point to show who's boss.

Fergos
01-06-2017, 10:24 PM
Sorry if he leaves, good player who never hid and his drive and determination led to our winning goal on 21.5.16

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Aye about sums it up for me.

Fyvie is a good player, great attitude and his performance in the final was excellent.

He will always get a clap from me.....the dilemma is will he if he turns up in a yam top........

GGTTH

keep the faith
01-06-2017, 10:38 PM
I always thought Fyvie was a better player than he was given credit for, but he wasn't an outstanding one ..... I cant remember too many defence splitting passes and like all of our midfielders he was pretty short on goals. In fact his stand out moment in a Hibs shirt was his run to pick up Gray's throw in at the end of the cup final.

I do think we need to replace him ... we need a guy with a calm head in midfield who can see and hit an accurate through ball or long range pass, I don't think any of the current midfield players do that with the possible exception of McGinn, but even he isn't consistent with it, we need more of that that in the team ... Commons can do it, but I'm not convinced he is the way forward for us ... Scott Allan can certainly do it and if we could get the Allan who played so well for us before his Sevco nonsense I would be delighted to see him back. He would have to know that a move to Hibs would be his absolute last chance to make it in the game which you would hope would concentrate his mind .. I admit its pretty unlikely we will see him back though.

Anyway ... good luck Fraser, always a Hibs legend.

Disappointed to see FF go. Totally agree that SA would be the best replacement/upgrade

NAE NOOKIE
01-06-2017, 10:38 PM
Aye about sums it up for me.

Fyvie is a good player, great attitude and his performance in the final was excellent.

He will always get a clap from me.....the dilemma is will he if he turns up in a yam top........

GGTTH

If he turns up in a Yam top he sure as hell wont be getting a clap ..... but I'll resist the temptation to hurl my usual torrent of foul mouthed abuse :greengrin

1van Sprou7e
01-06-2017, 10:40 PM
Do we really think he'd go to Hearts? Seems highly unlikely but I would be devastated if that happens

Real shame to see him leave, always had a great attitude and IMO he's an excellent midfielder

hibee92
01-06-2017, 10:48 PM
Bitterly disappointed to be honest. Rate him highly. Best of luck, he was part of a very unique group and he'll long be remembered fondly down our way.

Mathias Jack
01-06-2017, 10:56 PM
With mcginn,Bartley,mcgeoch and swanson probably ahead of him in the pecking order and with lennon on the lookout for at least another one or two it would be difficult for him to get in the team. The same dilemma as boyle and the length of time both are taking to decide probably means them going elsewhere or of course they are hoping for a better offer than is currently on the table. If they do leave it with my best wishes as both have always given their best and Boyles screamer v livi will live long in memory.

As regards Boyle, he's on holiday in Dubai at the moment, contract will be signed upon his return.

neil7908
01-06-2017, 11:02 PM
I will be sorry to see Fraser Fyvie go.

But it seems clear to me that Lennon prefers Marvin in the DM role.

For me its one or the other in the team not both.

Somehow or other we need to get more creativity and especially goals from midfield in the team

Neither Fyvie nor Bartley for that matter will provide those.

If as expected JC moves on I think we would do very well to sign as prolific a scorer as him and that will make the need for more midfield goals even more acute.

I see Swanson as an upgrade to Shinnie (from a goals perspective at least), whose to say there is not a Bartley / Fyvie upgrade in the offing, with Scott Martin filling in the gap left by Fyvie when injuries and suspensions bite.

This post is spot on. I would rather he stayed but McGeough does more with the ball and is a better passer, McGinn drives us forward and chips in with more goals and Bartley is better at breaking up play.

Fyvie is a good all round midfielder who will easily find a decent team in England or Scotland but I don't think he's irreplaceable and I'd have him behind the 3 players mentioned above.

As with Keatings I'm sad to see good players who give their all and care about the club leave but I think some are a bit OTT on him going.

Forza Fred
01-06-2017, 11:13 PM
Good player who did the unspectacular but necessary stuff well.

He obviously wants more game time, but doubt he would get that at Hibs.

He did everything that was asked of him and hope he gets a club soon.......as long as it not the Gorgie mob.

Thecat23
01-06-2017, 11:21 PM
As regards Boyle, he's on holiday in Dubai at the moment, contract will be signed upon his return.

He's home, back the other day.

Thecat23
01-06-2017, 11:23 PM
As for Fyvie I've had many debates on here about him. Never rated him at first and the lad grew on me. I appreciated his work rate more and what he brought to the team.

That said, I honestly don't think Hibs will miss him next season. Maybe just me though, anyway hope he does well in his career just like any of the cup winning side. So he goes with my best wishes.

J-C
01-06-2017, 11:54 PM
Decent average player who did the basics reasonably well, generally unspectacular but there is better out there, was unable to take us to the next level and was very inconsistent, just my opinion.

Unseen work
02-06-2017, 12:08 AM
I really like Fyvie as a player. Very good at controlling a game and had a real winners mentality.

However his indecision makes me think hibs were right to remove the offer, who would he go to that's better than us? This is a very exciting time for hibs and if he's unsure whether he wants to be part of it then fine.

We clearly have a list of players to replace him.

CMurdoch
02-06-2017, 12:12 AM
Not at all happy about this.
Believe it is the first mistake made by Lennon re personnel and we will regret it.
However, he is the manager so I hope his judgement is superior to mine on this matter.
Time will tell.
Wouldn't be surprised if he turned up at Aberdeen.

SirDavidsNapper
02-06-2017, 12:25 AM
I like Lennons stance on this. If players want to dilly dally on a new contract then they aren't fully commited. Contract off table. Sure Fyvie has history of this at Aberdeen. Either sign or leave.

Cameron1875
02-06-2017, 01:24 AM
His performance after Halliday's Goal was sensational. It seemed he just decided right Hibs are winning this bloody cup.

Cup legend and all the best (unless he sign for Hearts or the Huns).

JJP
02-06-2017, 01:51 AM
Like Keatings before, I am sad to see him leave and wish him all the best.

Greenworld
02-06-2017, 05:50 AM
Not at all happy about this.
Believe it is the first mistake made by Lennon re personnel and we will regret it.
However, he is the manager so I hope his judgement is superior to mine on this matter.
Time will tell.
Wouldn't be surprised if he turned up at Aberdeen.
A wee bit over the top.FF played a delaying tactic to try and get a better deal at another club.
I personally am delighted the club have pulled the deal.
None of us know the masterplan for the squad NL wants this year but I'm sure our midfield will be very good whoever we bring in.

Pete
02-06-2017, 05:58 AM
His performance after Halliday's Goal was sensational. It seemed he just decided right Hibs are winning this bloody cup.

Cup legend and all the best (unless he sign for Hearts or the Huns).

Quite a lot of these sentiments but IMO he's still a legend no matter what shirt he turns up in...even a Celtic one as people seem to be forgetting they are just as fierce rivals as the aforementioned clubs.

There'll be no cheering or booing, just respect for a legend.

blackpoolhibs
02-06-2017, 06:43 AM
Hope this doesn't come back to haunt us. Bartley will be useful in some games next season but Fyvie is the better all round footballer by a distance.

I agree with that, although i don't understand why these two are always banded together, as they are completely different types of players?

I hope Fyvie has a change of mind, and Lennon too if the poster above is right. If not then we carry on and the team evolves.

We will bring someone else in, it's not as if we will play with 10 men, and hopefully the manager will find someone even better.

Marco G
02-06-2017, 07:14 AM
I really like Fyvie as a player. Very good at controlling a game and had a real winners mentality.

However his indecision makes me think hibs were right to remove the offer, who would he go to that's better than us? This is a very exciting time for hibs and if he's unsure whether he wants to be part of it then fine.

We clearly have a list of players to replace him.
Correct. We need to get on with our signings and can't hang around while folk make up their mind. Commit to Hibs or leave, simple as that.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Paloschi
02-06-2017, 07:18 AM
See ya. Many players better or worse than Fyvie will come and go. Priority now is to keep SJM and somehow keep McGeouch fit.

RossScott1991
02-06-2017, 07:32 AM
Thanks for everything Fraser, cup winning legend.

Sentimental thoughts aside. Personally I am very much in the 'meh' camp. I've said it on here once before, but I dont think Fraser Fyvie is a good as many make him out to be. Yes id keep him if could, and hed be a squad player. However that is it, going forward I do not see him as the man to make us tick in midfield. IMO fraser is very much a okay footballer, however I still think he lacks that bit of magic spark to his game. I once compared him to a Beuzelin. Which one would you take? In my opinion both were to do the same job, yet Beuzelin did it with abit more guile, goals and quicker in getting us forward, switcing the play etc and with Fyvie I think he doesnt
- Score enough goals
- Get into positions to score / Shoot
- I cant imagine he has many assists to his name? ( i dont remember many defence cutting passes)

I feel Fraser is very much a crab footballer, does the simple things in being link between the defence and attackers, however I dont think he is forward thinking enough, too much of a safe centre midfielder. This has played a big part in our lack of goals from other areas in the pitch over the past few seasons. I think there are many Fraser Fyvie's out there who could do the same job as him. Im looking for NL to actually replace him with better, and i think he will. IMO.

Salt N Sauzee
02-06-2017, 07:35 AM
Big loss and will definitely need replaced

bigwheel
02-06-2017, 07:36 AM
Think this is a loss for us ..disappointed he is gone. Much more forward going player than many give him credit for..on his game can be our best midfielder - and just turned 24 this year - his best years ahead of him . confident he will get a good Move for himself ... wish him all the best

supermcginn
02-06-2017, 08:30 AM
Meh. i'm confident his replacement will add more to the team.

hfcok
02-06-2017, 08:37 AM

Sentimental thoughts aside. Personally I am very much in the 'meh' camp. I've said it on here once before, but I dont think Fraser Fyvie is a good as many make him out to be. Yes id keep him if could, and hed be a squad player. However that is it, going forward I do not see him as the man to make us tick in midfield. IMO fraser is very much a okay footballer, however I still think he lacks that bit of magic spark to his game. I once compared him to a Beuzelin. Which one would you take? In my opinion both were to do the same job, yet Beuzelin did it with abit more guile, goals and quicker in getting us forward, switcing the play etc and with Fyvie I think he doesnt
- Score enough goals
- I cant imagine he has many assists to his name? ( i dont remember many defence cutting passes)

I feel Fraser is very much a crab footballer, does the simple things in being link between the defence and attackers, however I dont think he is forward thinking enough, too much of a safe centre midfielder. This has played a big part in our lack of goals from other areas in the pitch over the past few seasons. I think there are many Fraser Fyvie's out there who could do the same job as him. Im looking for NL to actually replace him with better, and i think he will. IMO.

Yeh totally agree, he tends to slow up the play as well, too slow to find a man. Did his bit though, always tried and never hid.
Thanks FF

Dashing Bob S
02-06-2017, 08:38 AM
Great player but has already been more than adequately replaced.

I felt that the writing was on the wall for him when we signed Simon Murray.

500miles
02-06-2017, 08:39 AM
I agree with that, although i don't understand why these two are always banded together, as they are completely different types of players?

I hope Fyvie has a change of mind, and Lennon too if the poster above is right. If not then we carry on and the team evolves.

We will bring someone else in, it's not as if we will play with 10 men, and hopefully the manager will find someone even better.
I would imagine they're banded together because when one plays, the other sits out.

snooky
02-06-2017, 08:55 AM

Cup legend.....

Lest not we forget. :agree:

Cameron1875
02-06-2017, 09:06 AM
Quite a lot of these sentiments but IMO he's still a legend no matter what shirt he turns up in...even a Celtic one as people seem to be forgetting they are just as fierce rivals as the aforementioned clubs.

There'll be no cheering or booing, just respect for a legend.

Ahhh, worded that crap since it was pretty late!

The whole bunch are Cup legends forever but if he signed for that pair then I'd not be able to clap him when subbed etc.

Borderhibbie76
02-06-2017, 09:13 AM

- Score enough goals

This is where I am with FF 110% mate...decent player but will and can be replaced. And I think lennon is right to withdraw the contract offer too...if he doesn't wanna commit then bye and good luck in the future. Cup winning legend yes - but wouldn't have been a regular starter next season and was obviously stalling on a better offer from elsewhere that hasn't materialised.

Stevie Reid
02-06-2017, 09:18 AM
If he goes, he goes with my best wishes, but he is the out of contract player (who was offered a new one) that I'm least bothered about retaining - even more so given he seems to have kept us waiting too long.

Is a good player but I don't see any aspect of his game - whether it be passing, tackling, ability to get around the park (certainly not pace or goals) - that shouldn't be comfortably replaced within the same wage bracket.

Will always be a legend for 2016, but things move on.

mjhibby
02-06-2017, 09:27 AM
With the competition he would have had and with Whittaker possibly signing he was realistic enough to realise him game time would have been limited. If he couldn't get a regular starting place in the championship he wasn't going to get one in the spl with Swanson and probably others added to the squad. Did enjoy watching him play and will always be remembered for his role on May 21. Thanks Fraser and I hope your son keeps belting out sunshine on leith in the car.

RIP
02-06-2017, 10:34 AM
First James and now Fraser. Both fast, direct and gave 100%.

Pretty gutted if I'm honest.

keep the faith
02-06-2017, 11:08 AM
Great player but has already been more than adequately replaced.

I felt that the writing was on the wall for him when we signed Simon Murray.

😉

CMurdoch
02-06-2017, 11:51 AM
A wee bit over the top.FF played a delaying tactic to try and get a better deal at another club.
I personally am delighted the club have pulled the deal.
None of us know the masterplan for the squad NL wants this year but I'm sure our midfield will be very good whoever we bring in.

As long as it was a football decision and not a huffy because Fyvie looked around at other options.
Again if Fyvie missed the deadline set by the club for acceptance fair enough.
On the upside NL has brought in Swanson so still have the same number of Midfielders as last season.
A lot still hinges on the fitness of McGeough and Fyvie would have been insurance in a tougher league.

Lago
02-06-2017, 12:01 PM
A good player, not a great player & a legend, not for me.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-06-2017, 12:07 PM

Man put in a fantastic performance when we won the cup. That ticks all the Legend boxes right there....

Deansy
02-06-2017, 12:12 PM
Being honest, I thought when Fyvie was subbed in the 34th minute of the SF against Aberdeen that his days at Hibs were numbered.

Lago
02-06-2017, 01:09 PM
Man put in a fantastic performance when we won the cup. That ticks all the Legend boxes right there....
Sorry one good game does not a legend make, you have to measure it against the greats of previous years.

Blaster
02-06-2017, 01:11 PM
Sorry one good game does not a legend make, you have to measure it against the greats of previous years.

Every single player that won the cup are legends to me

Mikey09
02-06-2017, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=Lago;5059227]A good player, not a great player & a legend, not for me.[/

In your opinion is Conrad Logan a Legend?

Lago
02-06-2017, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=Lago;5059227]A good player, not a great player & a legend, not for me.[/

Now we are talking about a real legend:flag:

Mikey09
02-06-2017, 02:35 PM

Mikey09
02-06-2017, 02:37 PM
[QUOTE=Mikey09;5059415]
Now we are talking about a real legend:flag:

Yet he had one good game? Strange logic.

Salt N Sauzee
02-06-2017, 02:37 PM

Nonsense. Every single person who was in a Hibs kit that day is a legend. Even Chris Dagnall.

Lago
02-06-2017, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE=Lago;5059416]

Yet he had one good game? Strange logic.
Correct me if I am wrong, I frequently am, but did he not have a fantastict game in the semi final, in effect won it for us, followed by a good game in the final, so .....more than one good game, but hey, its all about opinions after all.

Pete
02-06-2017, 04:24 PM
Nonsense. Every single person who was in a Hibs kit that day is a legend. Even Chris Dagnall.

:agree:

Every one of them. I'd say that some are more legendary than others though.

hfc rd
02-06-2017, 04:40 PM

Exactly this!

Best of luck to Fraser Fyvie, great wee player on his day as we all saw on 21/05/16.

Mantis Toboggan
02-06-2017, 04:40 PM
Best wishes to Fyvie. Some of the clowns where I sit tried to make him into a boo boy, at least until Shinnie showed up and became the new target. Really embarrassing.

wookie70
02-06-2017, 05:02 PM
Far too early? He was offered a contract two months ago and decided to stall on making a decision as he chased more cash. We can't hang about forever. I presume Boyle was offered a contract at the same time and he was only announced as signing today. The club have to have a deadline to allow us to look elsewhere but it may be difficult to replace FF for the money. I like Marv and FF but if I wanted to keep one it would be FF.

Mike Berry
02-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Fyvie is one of those players who always divided opinion. At first I thought he was a slightly negative kind of player, but as time went by I started to like him more and more. Very neat and tidy player, good passer, good choice of pass as well. Occasionally he'd have a bit of an off day, but I think his contribution during his time with Hibs has been more often good than not. I wish him well, and as others have said, he'll always be a legend

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

theonlywayisup
02-06-2017, 07:00 PM
IMO he's a great wee player. Our two poor spells in the 15/16 and 16/17 seasons coincided with him being out of the team.

His performance on the 21st May was fantastic. He got better as the game progressed.

He will always be one of my favourite players. A legend who helped win us the cup.

I'd love him to stay, buy if he goes I trust Lennon to bring in someone better.

Famous Fiver
02-06-2017, 07:30 PM
Tin hat on.

I haven't half read some dross on this thread and other threads about Fyvie. Some folk must be blind as well as stupid.

In my view he should have been (and maybe still is, for all we know) top of the list for signing up. I think the guy is top drawer and it has been a privilege to have him play for us.

He contributed massively to my greatest day supporting the Hibs as well as turning it on week in week out. Have him in my team any day.

Can't say any more than that, really.

jacomo
02-06-2017, 07:39 PM
IMO he's a great wee player. Our two poor spells in the 15/16 and 16/17 seasons coincided with him being out of the team.

His performance on the 21st May was fantastic. He got better as the game progressed.

He will always be one of my favourite players. A legend who helped win us the cup.

I'd love him to stay, buy if he goes I trust Lennon to bring in someone better.

15/16 season yes.

16/17 season he was actually available to play more of the time but had some absolute stinkers.

I do like FF but maybe it's just one of those situations where a good player just can't find his place in the team.

jeffers
02-06-2017, 07:46 PM
Tin hat on.

I haven't half read some dross on this thread and other threads about Fyvie. Some folk must be blind as well as stupid.

In my view he should have been (and maybe still is, for all we know) top of the list for signing up. I think the guy is top drawer and it has been a privilege to have him play for us.

He contributed massively to my greatest day supporting the Hibs as well as turning it on week in week out. Have him in my team any day.

All about opinions and it would make this place slightly less interesting if we all agreed. Fyvie had a number of good games for us but equally quite a lot where he was dreadful. I wouldn't have been unhappy if he stayed but he was part of a midfield that doesn't create or score enough goals. If it means players like Fyvie and, the favourite of a number of posters on here, McGeouch move on to bring in players who will score/create goals then so be it. Fwiw I'd have signed McGregor, Marciano, Gray, Boyle, Bartley and once it was known he would sign for us, Ambrose, all before Fyvie.

You are spot on re the final, he was excellent that day and I'll remember him fondly for it. But would the thought of him playing against us worry me ? Not at all.

Lago
02-06-2017, 08:18 PM
:top marks
All about opinions and it would make this place slightly less interesting if we all agreed. Fyvie had a number of good games for us but equally quite a lot where he was dreadful. I wouldn't have been unhappy if he stayed but he was part of a midfield that doesn't create or score enough goals. If it means players like Fyvie and, the favourite of a number of posters on here, McGeouch move on to bring in players who will score/create goals then so be it. Fwiw I'd have signed McGregor, Marciano, Gray, Boyle, Bartley and once it was known he would sign for us, Ambrose, all before Fyvie.

You are spot on re the final, he was excellent that day and I'll remember him fondly for it. But would the thought of him playing against us worry me ? Not at all.

overdrive
02-06-2017, 08:28 PM
I'm not his biggest fan but I wouldn't have minded him staying. Signing a more forward thinking midfielder along with the resigning of Bartley would probably provide more balance to the squad.

Mantis Toboggan
02-06-2017, 10:11 PM
Tin hat on.

Could not agree more.

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-06-2017, 10:42 PM

You are spot on re the final, he was excellent that day and I'll remember him fondly for it. But would the thought of him playing against us worry me ? Not at all.Absolute nonsense. Fyvie was an excellent player for us and had a handful of poor games at most.

anon1875
02-06-2017, 10:48 PM
Him and McGeough are by far the most technical at the club atm, will be missed.

jeffers
02-06-2017, 10:50 PM
Absolute nonsense. Fyvie was an excellent player for us and had a handful of poor games at most.

Nonsense in your opinion. In mine he had a far more than a handful of poor games.

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-06-2017, 10:52 PM
Nonsense in your opinion. In mine he had a far more than a handful of poor games.Yeah, which ones?

jeffers
02-06-2017, 11:01 PM
Yeah, which ones?

Off the top of my head Falkirk away (think it was the playoff game) the Huns away when we lost 4-1 I think, first half of Hearts away in the cup this season, the semi v Aberdeen.......

Mikey09
02-06-2017, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE=Mikey09;5059432]
Correct me if I am wrong, I frequently am, but did he not have a fantastict game in the semi final, in effect won it for us, followed by a good game in the final, so .....more than one good game, but hey, its all about opinions after all.

He had hee haw to do in the final. So it takes two good games, by your logic, to become a Legend?! Like it or not, Fyvie will go down in history as a Hibernian Scottish Cup winning Legend along with the rest of them.

Mantis Toboggan
02-06-2017, 11:04 PM
[QUOTE=jeffers;5059975]Off the top of my head Falkirk away (think it was the playoff game) the Huns away when we lost 4-1 I think, first half of Hearts away in the cup this season, the semi v Aberdeen.......[/Q

That's 4 games. And he wasn't ***** at tynecastle either. So that's 3 out of how many?

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-06-2017, 11:07 PM
Off the top of my head Falkirk away (think it was the playoff game) the Huns away when we lost 4-1 I think, first half of Hearts away in the cup this season, the semi v Aberdeen.......Like I said, a handful of games where he was poor, not 'dreadful'. He wasn't dreadful in the semi either. He was rightfully sacrificed due to the tactics that NL had deployed to begin with. Nothing to do with how he was playing. If anything McGinn was worse up to that point.

jeffers
02-06-2017, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE=jeffers;5059975]Off the top of my head Falkirk away (think it was the playoff game) the Huns away when we lost 4-1 I think, first half of Hearts away in the cup this season, the semi v Aberdeen.......[/Q

That's 4 games. And he wasn't ***** at tynecastle either. So that's 3 out of how many?

I thought he was ***** at Tynecastle and so did others. Thats 4 games that I can remember the exact opposition doesn't mean there weren't others. I could probably only manage to do the same with games where I thought he played really well, but equally that doesn't mean I believe he only had 4 of them. I posted earlier in this thread that I thought 'til his injury he was probably our best midfielder this season but I can't remember the specifics of any of those games either.

jeffers
02-06-2017, 11:16 PM
Like I said, a handful of games where he was poor, not 'dreadful'. He wasn't dreadful in the semi either. He was rightfully sacrificed due to the tactics that NL had deployed to begin with. Nothing to do with how he was playing. If anything McGinn was worse up to that point.

I thought he was dreadful in the semi, the fact that McGinn may have been worse is besides the point.

MWHIBBIES
02-06-2017, 11:19 PM
Off the top of my head Falkirk away (think it was the playoff game) the Huns away when we lost 4-1 I think, first half of Hearts away in the cup this season, the semi v Aberdeen.......

He was brilliant in the 2nd half at Tynie and was subbed against Aberdeen after 30 minutes with our manager saying his team mates were to blame for that.

I'd list all the games he was good in but I have to get up in the morning.

jeffers
02-06-2017, 11:28 PM
He was brilliant in the 2nd half at Tynie and was subbed against Aberdeen after 30 minutes with our manager saying his team mates were to blame for that.

I'd list all the games he was good in but I have to get up in the morning.

Disagree, he was definitely better in the 2nd half (which wasn't hard) but no way was he brilliant. He wasn't the only one who was dreadful in the early stages of the semi, but we are not discussing other players we are discussing FF.

That's impressive you can list all the games he was good in, your memory is clearly better than mine. But to put things into context I really rate John McGinn but I don't think he was great last season and he had more than one game where he was dreadful - I can't name them either tho.

Beefster
03-06-2017, 06:41 AM
Tin hat on.

Yup. Folk will realise that eventually.

theonlywayisup
03-06-2017, 06:45 AM
I thought he was dreadful in the semi, the fact that McGinn may have been worse is besides the point.

IMO Fyvie has never been "dreadful" in any game. Yes, he's had poor passes, poor decision making, slow to react. But tell me a footballer who hasn't been accused of that and plays at our level.

There's BLACK and there's WHITE and there's a lot of grey in between.

Heisenberg
03-06-2017, 07:05 AM
I presume Boyle was offered a contract at the same time and he was only announced as signing today. The club have to have a deadline to allow us to look elsewhere but it may be difficult to replace FF for the money. I like Marv and FF but if I wanted to keep one it would be FF.

True, however Lennon confirmed a few weeks back that Boyle "had agreed to sign". So he'd committed to the deal on the table despite being away on holiday etc and signed it when he was back. It seems Fyvie on the other hand went looking to see what else was available and got bitten on the arse for it.

Fyvie is a Hibernian Scottish Cup winning legend and I'll be sad to see him go, but I don't blame Hibs for him leaving.

J-C
03-06-2017, 07:24 AM
Fyvie is a decent midfielder and nothing more and on his day can be very good but recently his good days have been outnumbered by his bad ones. Recently he's become nothing more than a squad player but it's up to him to make sure he's a 1st pick every week and he hasn't done that, Lennon will have told him that and the contract offer will show that also. Legend for the cup win but not irreplaceable.

Waxy
03-06-2017, 07:29 AM
Fyvie legend.

green day
03-06-2017, 07:33 AM
True, however Lennon confirmed a few weeks back that Boyle "had agreed to sign". So he'd committed to the deal on the table despite being away on holiday etc and signed it when he was back. It seems Fyvie on the other hand went looking to see what else was available and got bitten on the arse for it.

Fyvie is a Hibernian Scottish Cup winning legend and I'll be sad to see him go, but I don't blame Hibs for him leaving.

This.

How many times in previous years have we moaned about Hibs taking forever to sign players / picking up business at the last minute in the window.

I am sure that Lennon has told the board that he wants his new team together as soon as possible to prep for the coming season. That will be one reason behind the players getting early offers, and - although I like Fyvie, he must have known the situation.

Shame, but its all about the club not the player.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-06-2017, 07:42 AM
Any news on Shinnie, is he definitely away with no chance of coming back?

Itsnoteasy
03-06-2017, 07:49 AM
Nonsense in your opinion. In mine he had a far more than a handful of poor games.

He has big hands.

penihibs
03-06-2017, 08:01 AM
Fyvie is a decent midfielder and nothing more and on his day can be very good but recently his good days have been outnumbered by his bad ones. Recently he's become nothing more than a squad player but it's up to him to make sure he's a 1st pick every week and he hasn't done that, Lennon will have told him that and the contract offer will show that also. Legend for the cup win but not irreplaceable.
Agree 100%

Greenworld
03-06-2017, 08:13 AM
Any news on Shinnie, is he definitely away with no chance of coming back?
I'm guessing we are setting the bar higher than than shinnie...think it's good that another couple of new players come in . Much will depend on if John Mcginn or Jason Cummings move on

Dashing Bob S
03-06-2017, 08:51 AM
Tin hat on.

Agree 100%. Always feel reassured when he's on the pitch and would be my first pick. Huge loss if he goes.

bigwheel
03-06-2017, 08:53 AM
Agree 100%. Always feel reassured when he's on the pitch and would be my first pick. Huge loss if he goes.

I'm in this camp too. He will also go on to develop further. Disappointing news for me

southsider
03-06-2017, 09:03 AM
I'm in this camp too. He will also go on to develop further. Disappointing news for me
Steady enough player but NL can bring in better. Christie/Henderson/McKay-Stevens spring to mind.

erin go bragh
03-06-2017, 09:22 AM
I've not looked at all the thread , so maybe this has been said . I feel we needed one of Bartley or Fyvie , as both played together is too defensive imo . Who would I pick if I had to choose ? I'd have gone for Fyvie but it's a close one to call .

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
03-06-2017, 10:15 AM
I've not looked at all the thread , so maybe this has been said . I feel we needed one of Bartley or Fyvie , as both played together is too defensive imo . Who would I pick if I had to choose ? I'd have gone for Fyvie but it's a close one to call .

Has Bartley re-signed?

KWJ
03-06-2017, 10:20 AM
Has Bartley re-signed?

Yes. 2 years.

bigwheel
03-06-2017, 10:57 AM
Steady enough player but NL can bring in better. Christie/Henderson/McKay-Stevens spring to mind.

Completely Different players and positions - would take any of them Mind you

Dashing Bob S
03-06-2017, 11:01 AM
McKay-Stevens in danger of becoming a Scott Allan figure. Ludicrous how, in a league of journeymen, that footballers of that talent are paid not to play.

Best argument for a US style salary cap ever.

MikeyS
03-06-2017, 11:03 AM

They might be better players technically but not one of them could play the role Fyvie does.

ancient hibee
03-06-2017, 11:05 AM
McKay-Stevens in danger of becoming a Scott Allan figure. Ludicrous how, in a league of journeymen, that footballers of that talent are paid not to play.

Clearly couldn't cope with competing with Roberts,a player with much less experience than him.

Zazu62
03-06-2017, 11:06 AM

We need both, it's a long season.

The Leith Dutch
03-06-2017, 11:13 AM

Had a quick look at his stats and he at least got 25 games in his first full season at celtic.
This season on the other hand not so great but maybe why he's looking to move on?

One of those players I'd be happy to see sign - I remember him at ER with DU a few seasons back and he looked like he had some serious skills.

On the Salary Cap - I'd like it to come with a squad size cap (including a loan cap).
I'm less concerned that celtic can offer any one player way more than us and more concerned they can offer lots of players more than us to sit on the bench and go out on loan.

Tyler Durden
03-06-2017, 10:42 PM
Clearly couldn't cope with competing with Roberts,a player with much less experience than him.

Less experience but much more ability. Roberts is probably worth £10m, I wouldn't be put off signing GMS because he's behind Roberts for a game.

Re Fyvie, unfortunately Hibs have a number of midfielders of a similar ilk and none of them really goalscorers. If I had to choose one to go, Fyvie would be the man. Shame to see him go though

neil7908
03-06-2017, 11:02 PM

Would he honestly be your first pick? So your choosing your Hibs XI and the first person you put down is not Cummings, McGinn or McGregor?

I like Fyvie, I wanted him to stay but I'm honestly perplexed by some of comments praising him. I'd take McGinn, McGeough and even Bartley (defensively at least) ahead of him.

snooky
03-06-2017, 11:08 PM

If we do sign McKay-Stevens it sounds like we'd get two players for the price of one.

Dunbar Hibee
04-06-2017, 02:19 AM
Not fussed at all about Mackay-Steven tbh. Can't see him being a Hibs player anyway.

Beefster
04-06-2017, 07:53 AM

I'll ignore the fact that those players are not replacements for Fyvie.

Folk say that sort of stuff about 'bringing in better' as if it's the easiest thing in the world. Unfortunately, for every Fyvie that we manage to recruit, there are a dozen mediocre journeymen that don't work out very well in between.

B.H.F.C
04-06-2017, 09:07 AM
I'll ignore the fact that those players are not replacements for Fyvie.

Folk say that sort of stuff about 'bringing in better' as if it's the easiest thing in the world. Unfortunately, for every Fyvie that we manage to recruit, there are a dozen mediocre journeymen that don't work out very well in between.

A replacement for Fyvie doesn't need to be like for like IMO. I think the squad has been imbalanced. 4 central midfield players in Dylan, Fyvie, McGinn and Bartley who scored about 6 goals between them last year. I don't think we can continue to carry that and have the finances to add the quality in the areas we need to. Something has to give somewhere.

J-C
04-06-2017, 11:10 AM
A replacement for Fyvie doesn't need to be like for like IMO. I think the squad has been imbalanced. 4 central midfield players in Dylan, Fyvie, McGinn and Bartley who scored about 6 goals between them last year. I don't think we can continue to carry that and have the finances to add the quality in the areas we need to. Something has to give somewhere.

I don't think having Fyvie there imbalanced the squad but we also have Martin, who we have high hopes for. We need quality elsewhere, Bartley won't be on a lot of cash and perhaps Fyvie was offered less money hence why he's rejected it, we still need 4 central midfielders for cover.

RoxburghHibs
04-06-2017, 11:30 AM
I don't think having Fyvie there imbalanced the squad but we also have Martin, who we have high hopes for. We need quality elsewhere, Bartley won't be on a lot of cash and perhaps Fyvie was offered less money hence why he's rejected it, we still need 4 central midfielders for cover.

Fyvie didn't reject a contract offer.

Blaster
04-06-2017, 11:32 AM

Didn't accept it either

J-C
04-06-2017, 11:50 AM

If he didn't sign it then he rejected it and Hibs withdrew it.

RoxburghHibs
04-06-2017, 12:12 PM
If he didn't sign it then he rejected it and Hibs withdrew it.

He wanted to sign but the offer was removed. He should have signed before going on holiday but wasn't given any indication that there was a timeframe. Anyway it is what it is.

Big L
04-06-2017, 12:14 PM

Thats my understanding of the situ. He took to long to commit. Can I ask where you got your info from?

Lago
04-06-2017, 12:25 PM
He wanted to sign but the offer was removed. He should have signed before going on holiday but wasn't given any indication that there was a timeframe. Anyway it is what it is.
He surely didn't think it was an open offer time wise, if so more fool him.

hibs0666
04-06-2017, 12:49 PM

If he has missed out on a contract offer that he wanted to accept, Fyvie needs to get himself a better agent.

Speedway
05-06-2017, 03:19 PM
If he has missed out on a contract offer that he wanted to accept, Fyvie needs to get himself a better agent.

He went in without an agent and this story isn't quite done yet.

GreenNWhiteArmy
05-06-2017, 03:22 PM
He went in without an agent and this story isn't quite done yet.

Do you think there is a chance he could still yet renew? or has that ship sailed?

Speedway
05-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Do you think there is a chance he could still yet renew? or has that ship sailed?

I think it's possible but not probable.

Billy Whizz
05-06-2017, 03:48 PM

So presume he wants to stay and fight for his place?

BlackSheep
05-06-2017, 04:14 PM
I read somewhere that he didnt sign before going on holiday and then the offer was withdrawn by hibs cos he was stalling....

Hopefully this means they are back at the table negotiating a new deal again.

Speedway
05-06-2017, 04:20 PM
So presume he wants to stay and fight for his place?

Think he may have had his bluff called but not sure.

Vault Boy
05-06-2017, 04:22 PM

I think we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot somewhat by completely writing him off, hope there are negotiations left to be had.

CapitalGreen
05-06-2017, 04:26 PM
I think we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot somewhat by completely writing him off, hope there are negotiations left to be had.

Agreed, seems crazy to think we would go through the process of trying to find a replacement (and possibly failing to) when there is a player there Lennon wanted to keep and who apparently wants to stay.

1van Sprou7e
05-06-2017, 04:28 PM
It would be ridiculous to lose a player like Fyvie just because he took slightly too long to reply to an offer IMO

If he wants to stay here then I really hope we can agree something with him

Smartie
05-06-2017, 04:29 PM
I'd love it if we kept Fyvie.

snooky
05-06-2017, 05:10 PM
I'd love it if we kept Fyvie.

Yep, I'll give you a high Fyvie on that for sure.

J-C
05-06-2017, 05:57 PM

Boyle had his offer and he intimated to Lennon it would be signed on return from holidays which he duly did, Fyvie more fool him for not opening his gob and telling anyone what his intentions were on his return.

GreenCastle
05-06-2017, 06:03 PM
Really hope he stays and then we add a goal scoring midfielder too.

ancient hibee
05-06-2017, 07:16 PM
It would be ridiculous to lose a player like Fyvie just because he took slightly too long to reply to an offer IMO

If he wants to stay here then I really hope we can agree something with him

And if if he took far too long?Isn't it more likely that he hoped to get a better offer here or elsewhere and ,as he's perfectly entitled to do,decided to gamble and lost.

weecounty hibby
05-06-2017, 07:22 PM
I heard from someone who knows someone that he does have an agent and the agent had been instructed by FF to get him a better deal at Hibs when he was on holiday. The agent had advised him to sign the offer on the table but he left for hols. By the time he came back there was no improved offer and no offer at all in the end. The person I spoke to thinks FF may still be a Hibs player next year. Might be true might not, just passing on what I was told

1van Sprou7e
05-06-2017, 08:07 PM
And if if he took far too long?Isn't it more likely that he hoped to get a better offer here or elsewhere and ,as he's perfectly entitled to do,decided to gamble and lost.

Well the transfer window hasn't even opened yet, not sure I'd agree that he's taken "far too long"

Marco G
05-06-2017, 08:50 PM
Well the transfer window hasn't even opened yet, not sure I'd agree that he's taken "far too long"
Fine but we dont know what the offer said do we? Eg if we want to sign his replacement smartish when the window opens we need to know before then if he is going to accept the offer or not dont we, and the offer may have stated that?

J-C
05-06-2017, 10:21 PM

The transfer window has nowt to do with it, Fyvie was offered a contract by Hibs back in April, the same as all the other out of contract players, who were happy enough to sign ( except Keatings who went to Dundee U ). Fyvie for reasons only known to himself has stalled signing this contract and as such has lost the right to the contract with it being withdrawn.

Why did he not sign like the rest of the players?

Was it cash? and he wanted too much.

Was it assurance he'd be picked more? No one can guarantee 1st team choice in these days of squad rotation.

Fraser Fyvie has caused this situation himself, he's a decent central midfielder but he's not as good as some make out on this thread, on his day he's very good but his days of being very good are few and far between.

jacomo
05-06-2017, 10:47 PM
The transfer window has nowt to do with it, Fyvie was offered a contract by Hibs back in April, the same as all the other out of contract players, who were happy enough to sign ( except Keatings who went to Dundee U ). Fyvie for reasons only known to himself has stalled signing this contract and as such has lost the right to the contract with it being withdrawn.

Was it assurance he'd be picked more? No one can guarantee 1st team choice in these days of squad rotation.

Fraser Fyvie has caused this situation himself, he's a decent central midfielder but he's not as good as some make out on this thread, on his day he's very good but his days of being very good are few and far between.

Nothing to be gained by picking over the bones of this. We offered him a contract. But he wanted more money.

Fyvie never pretends to be a Hibs fan but I like his character. He's a professional footballer and he's entitled to maximise his return from the game.

If he wants to stay and we can thrash out terms with him then great.

ekhibee
06-06-2017, 01:07 AM

I totally agree with this. He's a good/decent player, but for me not a game changer. It'd be great to have him stay with Hibs but if he doesn't, for whatever reason, I certainly won't be losing any sleep over it.

Bay Area Hibees
06-06-2017, 02:30 AM
Easy to criticize for not signing but can we blame guy for trying to better his situation?
The money they're on is nothing like top flight in England and can't blame anyone for trying to do best - who knows how many more years any of them have.
Anyway hope he signs, some squad NL is assembling.

Big_Franck
06-06-2017, 07:26 AM
I would have been a lot more gutted to lose Fyvie at the end of the 15/16 season than I would be now. He was one my favourite players in 15/16 and I thought in the final in particular he was everything a centre mid should be.

Last season he was far more inconsistent and had a number of poor games in particular away from home. I thought he was one of the worst last season for looking like he turned up thinking it'd be easy as we were playing Raith, QOS etc. I also thought Lennon was referring to him among others when he criticised players for that attitude without naming names.

If he signs he'll be a useful man to have around. If he doesn't we can hopefully replace a centre mid that never scores goals with someone that at least chips in with a few.

Marco G
06-06-2017, 07:37 AM
I would have been a lot more gutted to lose Fyvie at the end of the 15/16 season than I would be now. He was one my favourite players in 15/16 and I thought in the final in particular he was everything a centre mid should be.

Last season he was far more inconsistent and had a number of poor games in particular away from home. I thought he was one of the worst last season for looking like he turned up thinking it'd be easy as we were playing Raith, QOS etc. I also thought Lennon was referring to him among others when he criticised players for that attitude without naming names.

If he signs he'll be a useful man to have around. If he doesn't we can hopefully replace a centre mid that never scores goals with someone that at least chips in with a few.
Fair comments imo. Thinking back, I wonder how much being hooked early doors in SF made him have doubts about signing?

snooky
06-06-2017, 07:58 AM
Nothing to be gained by picking over the bones of this. We offered him a contract. But he wanted more money.

Fyvie never pretends to be a Hibs fan but I like his character. He's a professional footballer and he's entitled to maximise his return from the game.

If he wants to stay and we can thrash out terms with him then great.

Did Hibs tell him there was a time limit on the offer on the table? (I would like to think they did.)
If they did, then Fyvie should have no complaints at it being withdrawn.
If they didn't, while Hibs have every right to withdraw their offer, it strikes me as being a bit shoddy.

RoxburghHibs
06-06-2017, 08:12 AM
Did Hibs tell him there was a time limit on the offer on the table? (I would like to think they did.)
If they didn't, while Hibs have every right to withdraw their offer, it strikes me as being a bit shoddy.

No "time limit" to signing was given.

InchHibby
06-06-2017, 08:28 AM
I hope he stays, would be difficult to replace him and to be fair there was more than him who turned up last season and thought a win was a forgone conclusion, hence the number of draws.
As for wanting more cash, if that is the reason, I think we've all got a bit of that in us.
Fraser would be accepted in most teams in the Premier, better with us than against us.

Craig_HFC
06-06-2017, 08:35 AM
Would be delighted if Fyvie was to end up staying. Our midfield is at it's best when him, Super John & Dylan play together.

He is the 'water-carrier' and I think that McGinn always performs better when playing with Fyvie.

When he plays I'd reckon he gets more of the ball than almost any other Hibs player as he constantly makes himself available for the ball; I bet he is the type of player that other players absolutely love playing with.

MB62
06-06-2017, 08:45 AM

Thought it was only the really big teams that had chips :wink: :greengrin

Big L
06-06-2017, 09:05 AM

Scottish Cup legend, helped us win the Championship, leaves a wee bit of a bad taste TBH.

JimboHibs
06-06-2017, 10:10 AM

You state the transfer window has nothing to do with it yet also state Fyvie for reasons only known to HIMSELF ?

So you you don't really know do you ??

Craig_HFC
06-06-2017, 10:11 AM
You state the transfer window has nothing to do with it yet also state Fyvie for reasons only known to HIMSELF ?

Of course he doesn't.

CapitalGreen
06-06-2017, 10:25 AM

This. It's amazing that people can speak on such authority about players personal contract discussions. There could be a multitude of possible reasons for why he delayed signing the offer.

J-C
06-06-2017, 10:28 AM

The transfer window has nothing to do with it because his contract had run down, he is now a free agent and can now sign for anyone at anytime, hence why the window means absolutely nothing.

Of course I don't know and at no time did I say I did, you yourself highlighted the word HIMSELF, we know a contract was offered and for whatever reasons Fyvie has decided not to sign the new contract, as yet we don't know the reasons for not signing, was it money? Squad status? Guaranteed playing time? Longer contract?

Kato
06-06-2017, 10:28 AM

The "situation" only exists on this thread. Whatever is happening in the real world is perfectly normal, whether FF stays or goes and personally I'm hoping for the former.

1875STEVE
06-06-2017, 10:42 AM
The transfer window has nothing to do with it because his contract had run down, he is now a free agent and can now sign for anyone at anytime, hence why the window means absolutely nothing.

Of course I don't know and at no time did I say I did, you yourself highlighted the word HIMSELF, we know a contract was offered and for whatever reasons Fyvie has decided not to sign the new contract, as yet we don't know the reasons for not signing, was it money? Squad status? Guaranteed playing time? Longer contract?

Has the window officially opened though, it was shut when his contract ended, does he not have to wait until it's open to sign for someone??

Im pretty sure that if a player is released from his contract, when the window is open, he can instantly sign for someone, but if he is released after, he is left in limbo.

Im pretty sure that's why you see players being released in January, on the final day, when the window is closing, to make sure they can get a club and incase they cant find one before the window closes

might be talking pish mind you....

J-C
06-06-2017, 10:56 AM
Has the window officially opened though, it was shut when his contract ended, does he not have to wait until it's open to sign for someone??

Im pretty sure that if a player is released from his contract, when the window is open, he can instantly sign for someone, but if he is released after, he is left in limbo.

Im pretty sure that's why you see players being released in January, on the final day, when the window is closing, to make sure they can get a club and incase they cant find one before the window closes

might be talking pish mind you....

Opens on the 9th June, this means nothing to us as he was registered with us and the contract offer was not new but seen as an extension. :confused:

I don't know fully the ins and outs of when players out of contract can sign but Swanson was revealed the other day and that is prior to the window, maybe you can sign but paperwork won't go through till 9th.

Craig_HFC
06-06-2017, 10:57 AM

The key thing is that we don't know the bit in bold for sure; it's just being assumed.

Nobody on this thread knows what happened/is happening.

J-C
06-06-2017, 11:00 AM
The key thing is that we don't know the bit in bold for sure; it's just being assumed.

That is exactly what I keep saying, hence all the questions at the end of my post, it could be for a number of reasons.

ancient hibee
06-06-2017, 11:02 AM

Surely we did know the bit in bold.The contracts were available,most signed them,he didn't.

Arch Stanton
06-06-2017, 02:39 PM
No "time limit" to signing was given.

Yea, but there is an implied time limit surely - if he isn't signing then Hibs will need to go into the transfer market and find a replacement.

I would imagine that he has now become one of a number of midfielders being considered - I can't believe he wouldn't be considered just because he didn't jump to and agree Hibs' terms.

Certainly my hope would be that, if he doesn't sign, it will be because we have found someone better.

RoxburghHibs
06-06-2017, 02:44 PM
The

Don't be so sure of that - some on here know him or people close to him :wink:

BTW what does the hand gesture in your avatar mean?