PDA

View Full Version : NHC Bruno Alves

Navids Numpties
31-05-2017, 05:05 PM
The huns confirm the siging Alvez who is turning 36 this year on a 2 year deal. Must be on a huge wage to take Der Hun on as his retirement package.

Navids Numpties
31-05-2017, 05:07 PM
The huns confirm the siging Alvez who is turning 36 this year on a 2 year deal. Must be on a huge wage to take Der Hun on as his retirement package.

Apologies admins. Just realised there is another thread, please merge.

HoboHarry
31-05-2017, 05:07 PM
They would have been cheaper sticking with Clint Hill I imagine but they are a little too stupid to think of that.......

GreenNWhiteArmy
31-05-2017, 05:53 PM
He's a name so will give the hun fans something to foam about. From what I heard though, Clint hill performed well for them last season.

Here's hoping for another Barton/Krankjaer type signing

SirDavidsNapper
31-05-2017, 07:57 PM
Sevco are an irrelevance of a club.

Nakedmanoncrack
31-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Who?

Bostonhibby
31-05-2017, 08:13 PM
Am pretty happy with this one, its in the same category as Barton, Krancjaer and Senderos, big fanfare, marquee signing, Record wheeling out all the positive press, no fee,big wages. Bet the orcs don't even know if he's a Kafflik or not.

cabbageandribs1875
01-06-2017, 01:11 AM
Who?

that singer guy

franck sauzee
01-06-2017, 04:45 AM
Am pretty happy with this one, its in the same category as Barton, Krancjaer and Senderos, big fanfare, marquee signing, Record wheeling out all the positive press, no fee,big wages. Bet the orcs don't even know if he's a Kafflik or not.

I read that they had paid £500,000 for Bruno Alves

Since90+2
01-06-2017, 05:36 AM
He is the exact opposite type of player Rangers should be trying to sign. They should be copying Celtic and trying to find young hungry players who they can try and sell on for a huge profit.

They are not going to be in the Champions League for years so selling players is the only viable option to increase income. The amount of money Celtic have made over the past few years , and will make when they sell Dembele, is partly the reason they are so far ahead.

Rangers becoming a retirement home for 36 year old former Portuguese internationals is not going to end well for them. Shame.

KanyeWestLower
01-06-2017, 06:00 AM
I think thats a decent signing from them, big dirty CB is exactly what they need. Can see him bossing it

calumhibee1
01-06-2017, 06:56 AM
I fully expect him to be an utter waste of money. Whether that's cause he doesn't play many games or because he'll be utter ***** I'm yet to decide.

Smartie
01-06-2017, 07:05 AM
I think he could be a decent signing.

I think there's a place for an over-the-hill player who has played at a much higher level in most teams.

Sevco's problem is that they seem to be wanting to fill their club with them, which could be disastrous. To get the best out of these old boys you need young legs around them.

Bostonhibby
01-06-2017, 07:16 AM
I read that they had paid £500,000 for Bruno Alves
Even better. Presumably it's 500,000 instalments of a £ they have to find.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
01-06-2017, 07:21 AM

I reckon this is spot on. Makes you wonder where the money is coming from too? Have to say that I'm delighted for them, long may they continue to spend big on the likes of Bruno.

Heisenberg
01-06-2017, 07:29 AM
The way they were going on about it I didn't expect him to have only played once at the Euros in 2016. There's no doubt he is a step above what they've already got, hopefully turns out like another Barton scenario. The DR and the likes are certainly giving him the same big build up.

Cameron1875
01-06-2017, 07:45 AM
Shocking signing.

As much as Scottish football may not be the best quality, one thing it does have is pace. It's no coincidence Kolo Toure was dropped from October onwards.

If you are a snail of a centre back then you eventually get found out so I'm looking forward to him trying to play a high line against Cummings, Murray and Boyle!

Topographic Hibby
01-06-2017, 07:46 AM
I think he could be a decent signing.

I think there's a place for an over-the-hill player who has played at a much higher level in most teams.

Sevco's problem is that they seem to be wanting to fill their club with them, which could be disastrous. To get the best out of these old boys you need young legs around them.
My thoughts as well, decent player and decent signing.

Kinda shows that bloggers JJs Begging Bowl and Phil Mac Four Names are largely talking piffle. Very little of what they write ever comes to fruition. Admin2, roofs, cold-shouldering, Ashley taking them down etc etc . Sevco appear to have gone out and spent half-a-mil on a decent player.

bigwheel
01-06-2017, 08:17 AM
My thoughts as well, decent player and decent signing.

Kinda shows that bloggers JJs Begging Bowl and Phil Mac Four Names are largely talking piffle. Very little of what they write ever comes to fruition. Admin2, roofs, cold-shouldering, Ashley taking them down etc etc . Sevco appear to have gone out and spent half-a-mil on a decent player.

It shows the exact opposite in my opinion - singing players on a free - no big money spent - a signing on fee and a big salary ...

They will probably find a million or two to buy players too...but consider that against their 30 odd million season ticket fund and it tells you they are in a perilous financial state. Don't think they will go under, because park and other directors would bail them out - but major financial challenges remain

essexhibee
01-06-2017, 08:26 AM
He is the exact opposite type of player Rangers should be trying to sign. They should be copying Celtic and trying to find young hungry players who they can try and sell on for a huge profit.

They are not going to be in the Champions League for years so selling players is the only viable option to increase income. The amount of money Celtic have made over the past few years , and will make when they sell Dembele, is partly the reason they are so far ahead.

Rangers becoming a retirement home for 36 year old former Portuguese internationals is not going to end well for them. Shame.

Great post sir totally agree:agree:

Sergio sledge
01-06-2017, 08:40 AM
Seems like a good time for this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeauSzvGUpU

Scouse Hibee
01-06-2017, 08:50 AM
Do they never learn. Big name, high earning signings for a short fix and massive hit to their finances.

lyonhibs
01-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Being serious, when was the last time they sold someone for, say, £3 million +. Or even £5 million?