PDA

View Full Version : 1860 Munich

Waxy
30-05-2017, 05:43 PM
Anyone watching this? 1860 going down and the fans have stopped the match.

Nameless
30-05-2017, 05:44 PM
What have they done?

Waxy
30-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Throwing stuff at the Regensburg goalie.It's on BT now.about 10 mins left to score 2 goals.

BigKev
30-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Been watching it. Who was the guy going nuts at the crowd 😂

Waxy
30-05-2017, 05:48 PM
Been watching it. Who was the guy going nuts at the crowd 😂
The manager i think.

BigKev
30-05-2017, 05:51 PM
The manager i think.

👍 About to restart... Shame to see 1860 toiling mind.

Bostonhibby
30-05-2017, 05:51 PM
Any exuberance? If so they can call in police glasgows crack "sitting on their arse eating doughnuts whilst watching CCTV squad" to help catch all the baddies.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
30-05-2017, 05:53 PM
Just started watching it. Love a pitch invasion. :greengrin

Wilson
30-05-2017, 05:59 PM
Just started watching it. Love a pitch invasion. :greengrin

Invading is just so unlike the Germans.

Nameless
30-05-2017, 06:01 PM
Is this to decide who goes up or down?

hfc rd
30-05-2017, 06:02 PM
Is this to decide who goes up or down?

Down I believe

Pretty Boy
30-05-2017, 06:02 PM
Feel sorry for 1860.

They are a bit like Hibs. Overshadowed by a world famous city neighbour with global appeal who draw support from the 4 corners.

Nameless
30-05-2017, 06:04 PM
All the big German clubs from my youth are tumbling down the league's - this is very disconcerting.

WoreTheGreen
30-05-2017, 06:07 PM
But do they sell chips with there bratwurst

Sir David Gray
30-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Feel sorry for 1860.

They are a bit like Hibs. Overshadowed by a world famous city neighbour with global appeal who draw support from the 4 corners.

Who have a special relationship with the Champions League.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
30-05-2017, 06:16 PM

😁

lyonhibs
30-05-2017, 06:21 PM
Shame to see them struggle so much. Went to one of their games on my stag last March and had a great time in with the "Ultras".

Yours truly dressed in a ******g pink Power Rangers-esque onesie drew quite some attention, mostly of the humourous variety but one well oiled Kraut seemed to have had a fairly successful sense of humour bypass and lobbed a plastic bottle at my bonce outside after the game. 15 mates and the Polizei quashed his exuberance rather sharpish though.

Dashing Bob S
30-05-2017, 07:10 PM
Feel sorry for 1860.

The crucial difference is that 1860 were single handedly defeated in two world wars.

tamig
30-05-2017, 07:42 PM
But do they sell chips with there bratwurst

And what's their glass curtain like?

Keith_M
30-05-2017, 07:47 PM
And what's their glass curtain like?

As they play at the Allianz Arena, it's more of a big polythene goldfish bowl.

jacomo
30-05-2017, 07:48 PM
Shame to see them struggle so much. Went to one of their games on my stag last March and had a great time in with the "Ultras".

Yours truly dressed in a ******g pink Power Rangers-esque onesie drew quite some attention, mostly of the humourous variety but one well oiled Kraut seemed to have had a fairly successful sense of humour bypass and lobbed a plastic bottle at my bonce outside after the game. 15 mates and the Polizei quashed his exuberance rather sharpish though.

Yet again, extreme provocation from a Hibs fan.

You are lucky the coppers didn't lift you.

Lancs Harp
30-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Have a bit of a soft spot for 1860. Years ago when I was still barely out of short trousers my Mum went on holiday to Munich, I asked her if she could bring something back for me football wise, obviously expecting something regarding Bayern. She brought me back this sky blue tee shirt with TSV 1860 on it. "Whats this I asked?" (at the time I hadnt even heard of them, although later investigation I learned of their European cup winners cup final appearence in '65) Mums reply was that i wanted a football top/T shirt and this was what they were all wearing that weekend in the City centre. Obviously 1860 were at home that weekend and Im guessing Bayern were away. Ive kind of looked out for them ever since.

surreyhibbie
31-05-2017, 10:53 AM

The Weegie Polis would have...

InchHibby
31-05-2017, 11:00 AM

I liked that.
When they invade though, they stay for ages, they invaded Polands pitch in 1939 and stayed until 1945.

overdrive
31-05-2017, 11:06 AM
I see Ian Ayre, the former Liverpool CEO, went there as General Manager a month ago. He resigned before the game citing in-fighting in the Board. Sounds like the club is a mess.

Lancs Harp
31-05-2017, 11:24 AM
I see Ian Ayre, the former Liverpool CEO, went there as General Manager a month ago. He resigned before the game citing in-fighting in the Board. Sounds like the club is a mess.

For decades.

SuperAllyMcleod
31-05-2017, 10:58 PM
Have a bit of a soft spot for 1860. Years ago when I was still barely out of short trousers my Mum went on holiday to Munich, I asked her if she could bring something back for me football wise, obviously expecting something regarding Bayern. She brought me back this sky blue tee shirt with TSV 1860 on it. "Whats this I asked?" (at the time I hadnt even heard of them, although later investigation I learned of their European cup winners cup final appearence in '65) Mums reply was that i wanted a football top/T shirt and this was what they were all wearing that weekend in the City centre. Obviously 1860 were at home that weekend and Im guessing Bayern were away. Ive kind of looked out for them ever since.

You were barely out of short trousers and your mum went on holiday without you?

You're certainly not one of these modern kids who's parents run their whole life around!

Credit to your mum. [emoji4]

lyonhibs
01-06-2017, 06:56 AM

It's odd. There were plenty of polis there, some on horseback, who could have easily skelped me back to the stone age (not that it would have been even slightly merited but, then again, when did that ever stop the Weegie Polis) and yet instead they had a laugh at my ridiculous outfit, posed for a photo and were Johnny on the spot when there was a spot of actual policing to be done.

A very strange experience.

Keith_M
01-06-2017, 07:03 AM
Apparently the 'Ultras' wrecked the stadium (http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/1860-abstieg-fliegende-sitze-aus-der-loewen-kurve-fotostrecke-147908.html#page=7) after the match.

But never mind, they make the whole match day experience much more interesting.

lyonhibs
01-06-2017, 07:53 AM
I should specify, when I was there, there was some 35,000 fewer people in the stadium and 1860 were up against the mighty fury of FC Sandhausen.

In general, I agree that Ultras (and especially UK attempts to copy them) can be hooligans with a songbook or absolutely cringeworthy.

GreenLake
01-06-2017, 10:46 AM
Feel sorry for 1860.

Mohndiebe

Keith_M
03-06-2017, 09:00 AM
1860 were relegated to the German 3rd division but have been refused a license to play in that league and the best case scenario* for them now is a drop to the Bavarian Regional Leagues instead.

Basically, the license was refused because their owner did not get his way in an attempt to restructure the club and refused to pay the license fee (http://www.espnfc.com/tsv-1860-munich/story/3137917/1860-munich-fail-to-secure-league-license-to-play-in-german-third-tier).

* There's a distinct possibility they could declare insolvency.

PeeJay
03-06-2017, 10:22 AM
1860 were relegated to the German 3rd division but have been refused a license to play in that league and the best case scenario* for them now is a drop to the Bavarian Regional Leagues instead.

Basically, the license was refused because their owner did not get his way in an attempt to restructure the club and refused to pay the license fee (http://www.espnfc.com/tsv-1860-munich/story/3137917/1860-munich-fail-to-secure-league-license-to-play-in-german-third-tier).

* There's a distinct possibility they could declare insolvency.

No real sympathy for them, they've been on a downwards spiral of their own making for years - pity this isn't happening over at the Säbener Strasse if you ask me ... still they will now be able to open the Sechzigerstadion in the Grünwalder Strasse again, I guess ...

Keith_M
03-06-2017, 02:43 PM
No real sympathy for them, they've been on a downwards spiral of their own making for years - pity this isn't happening over at the Säbener Strasse if you ask me ... still they will now be able to open the Sechzigerstadion in the Grünwalder Strasse again, I guess ...

:agree:

I would have loved Hollywood FC to have been proven to be implicated in the recent Financial shenanigans alongside their beloved Beckenbauer. It would hardly have been a surprise, given their adulation for the return from prison of a convicted tax evader.

One can only hope...