PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fans on Twitter

Babyshamble
30-05-2017, 12:29 AM
Really can't understand the abuse Simon Murray is getting.surely we must get behind anybody that pulls on a Hibs shirt.everyone deserves a second chance.hope he bangs in the goals for us 👍🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Dashing Bob S
30-05-2017, 12:55 AM
You need a scapegoat

Frogga
30-05-2017, 06:16 AM
What's the abuse for?

Big_Franck
30-05-2017, 06:19 AM
Really can't understand the abuse Simon Murray is getting.surely we must get behind anybody that pulls on a Hibs shirt.everyone deserves a second chance.hope he bangs in the goals for us 👍🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Can't imagine there are Hibs fans abusing a potential new signing. It's more likely to be bitter, jealous wee hearts gimps.

Golden Bear
30-05-2017, 06:19 AM
Embarrassing.

Carheenlea
30-05-2017, 06:27 AM
They won't be proper fans.
Twitter and Facebook provides a platform for thousands of losers with nothing of note going on in their lives to engage with those who do. They will be best ignored/blocked.

lugz
30-05-2017, 06:39 AM
Is it people actually abusing him or voicing their own opinions on their personal page?

Viva_Palmeiras
30-05-2017, 06:48 AM
Everything is not as it first appears in the internet - and that's a direct quote from Abe Lincoln.

KeithTheHibby
30-05-2017, 06:53 AM
Disgraceful behaviour.

oldbutdim
30-05-2017, 06:57 AM
I looked at his twitter page but can't find anything. I don't think I'm doing this right......... can someone put a link so I can find it please?

we are hibs
30-05-2017, 07:11 AM
Is it people actually abusing him or voicing their own opinions on their personal page?

as far as i've seen its people simply saying he's not good enough. no abuse at all.

Coults1875
30-05-2017, 07:36 AM
as far as i've seen its people simply saying he's not good enough. no abuse at all.

Yep, all i've seen. That and Dundee Utd fans saying they've had the deal of the century getting Keatings for him. I'll be making my judgement on him after a few games under his belt in a hibs top. Hopefully other fans will do the same

CallumLaidlaw
30-05-2017, 07:52 AM

People saying how s***e he is and tagging him in the message so he can see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB62
30-05-2017, 08:01 AM
Yep, all i've seen. That and Dundee Utd fans saying they've had the deal of the century getting Keatings for him. I'll be making my judgement on him after a few games under his belt in a hibs top. Hopefully other fans will do the same

I wouldn't say it's exactly the deal of the century, considering Murray scored 18 goals for them last season. However, given a choice, I would have been happier with the status quo if Keats had chosen to sign a new deal with us. His choice though was to leave, and whilst Murray signing doesn't exactly get the juices flowing in excitement, I still think he will score a few goals for us.

SMAXXA
30-05-2017, 08:09 AM
Cause some hibs fans are arse holes pretty simple. All clubs have them

CallumLaidlaw
30-05-2017, 08:12 AM
I wouldn't say it's exactly the deal of the century, considering Murray scored 18 goals for them last season. However, given a choice, I would have been happier with the status quo if Keats had chosen to sign a new deal with us. His choice though was to leave, and whilst Murray signing doesn't exactly get the juices flowing in excitement, I still think he will score a few goals for us.

I just don't think Keatings and Murray are comparable.
There were many games last season that Keatings was absolutely invisible. Utd fans may focus on things like his last minute goal against Falkirk but there was also plenty times he offered nothing.
I'm personally looking forward to seeing Murray for hibs. He is a good member of the squad. I still believe we'll keep Cummings and sign another striker in the Holt mould so we will have some good options.

HibsNutter
30-05-2017, 08:16 AM
There are a fair few creepy Hibs fans on twitter so I can believe it, some of them really need to get a life.

If we are going to compare Murray and Keatings: Keatings has turned down the chance to move up to the PL knowing he needed to fight for his place, THREE times. I'd much rather have someone with Murray's attitude.

CRAZYHIBBY
30-05-2017, 08:17 AM
We just signed a big fast striker who has scored goals wherever he's been for nowt ....some fans are just cocks

we are hibs
30-05-2017, 08:27 AM
We just signed a big fast striker who has scored goals wherever he's been for nowt ....some fans are just cocks

we've also just signed a striker who fluffs a lot of chances when through one on one.

JDHibs
30-05-2017, 08:32 AM
Dundee Utd fans will see the games where Keats has played well and think hes great, where he has some decent highlights, i.e against Falkirk or Raith at the end of the season. Shame that only happened 2 or 3 times last season. Rest he was invisible, hiding and offered little to nothing.

Murray may no be as good technically as Keats, but hes quicker, stronger and never hides. 18 goals and 12 assists in a poor Utd who suggest that theres something there.

Utd have lost Murray and Andreu, thats 40 goals they need to replace!! 40!! Goals scored to minutes played ratio Keats (198mins/goal) & Murray (195mins/goal) are similar, however, worth noting that Murray played 2000 more minutes than Keats, played in a team that finished 14 points behind us who scored 9 goals less than us.

Reckon we got the better deal overall. Keatings will always be a championship player, Murray has loads of room for improvement

MB62
30-05-2017, 08:34 AM
we've also just signed a striker who fluffs a lot of chances when through one on one.

Don't think there's a striker alive that hasn't done that at some point in his career. Maybe should be concentrating on the fact he gets in to that position so often, then work on his finishing.

frazeHFC
30-05-2017, 08:47 AM
Knowing quite a few Utd fans the reviews I've been given haven't inspired me in the slightest, but it's still harsh to give the guy stick before he's even kicked a ball. Hopefully proves them all wrong.

we are hibs
30-05-2017, 08:47 AM
Don't think there's a striker alive that hasn't done that at some point in his career. Maybe should be concentrating on the fact he gets in to that position so often, then work on his finishing.

just pointing out he's not a "natural finisher" like some are proclaiming him to be. He is coming in as a squad player. He will feature about the same amount of times as Graham has this season.

CraigHibee
30-05-2017, 08:54 AM

:top marks

greenlex
30-05-2017, 09:23 AM

A first chance would be nice never mind a second one.

Albanian Hibs
30-05-2017, 09:26 AM

How many chances did Cummings "fluff" in the championship? Remember Raith Rovers for example? Every striker does it. Let's support the lad ffs.

Broken Gnome
30-05-2017, 09:27 AM
There's someone who has replied to the actual Hibs announcement he's s****, as Lennon's other signings have been. Like Ambrose.

Sheesh.

Thecat23
30-05-2017, 09:44 AM

So does Jason Cummings, what's your point?

we are hibs
30-05-2017, 09:45 AM
How many chances did Cummings "fluff" in the championship? Remember Raith Rovers for example? Every striker does it. Let's support the lad ffs.

Cummings is a far better player than Murray, scores more goals and is younger. I want Murray to do well but I'm not hopeful.

Pete70
30-05-2017, 09:56 AM
Some people just gotta have a boo boy, even before he's pulled on a Hibs shirt.

Wilson
30-05-2017, 09:57 AM
Cummings is a far better player than Murray, scores more goals and is younger. I want Murray to do well but I'm not hopeful.

Lennon tried to sign him for this championship. Couldn't get him. He has a season to assess the situation and still wants him - even though were looking at building a squad for the Scottish premiership. Gets his man and us delighted to do so.

Pardon me for not worrying how hopeful you are.

Time to back our player people.

Dundee Utd. fans can do one. Enjoy finishing behind Inverness and Falkirk next year. Weirdos.

Billychaotic182
30-05-2017, 10:00 AM
There's someone who has replied to the actual Hibs announcement he's s****, as Lennon's other signings have been. Like Ambrose.

Sheesh.

I'm currently having a debate with the idiot just now

JimBHibees
30-05-2017, 10:01 AM
Lennon tried to sign him for this championship. Couldn't get him. He has a season to assess the situation and still wants him - even though were looking at building a squad for the Scottish premiership. Gets his man and us delighted to do so.

Dundee Utd. fans can do one. Enjoy finishing behind Inverness and Falkirk next year. Weirdos.

Agree United fans are gutted and bitter at present with staying down and wont have been chuffed with Simon sprinting down the road to sign for us. As for their view of how good a player he is dont really care to be honest however based on the play off games he did more than anyone to get them into the final.

we are hibs
30-05-2017, 10:02 AM

pardon me for not thinking running about a lot makes you a great player.

JimBHibees
30-05-2017, 10:04 AM

and scoring goals, no one said he was a great player.

Wilson
30-05-2017, 10:12 AM

It doesn't. That is why I didn't rate Tam McManus :)

Murray has got something about him and Lennon sees it. Give him a chance.

DaveF
30-05-2017, 10:12 AM
I hope the so called fans ****ging him off don't have season tickets and confine their hibe activities to trolling around the depths of the Internet.

Who knows how Murray will do, but FFS, let the laddie settle in and get a chance.

Welcome to Hibernian Simon. Ignore the online idiots.

JimBHibees
30-05-2017, 10:25 AM
I hope the so called fans ****ging him off don't have season tickets and confine their hibe activities to trolling around the depths of the Internet.

Who knows how Murray will do, but FFS, let the laddie settle in and get a chance.

Welcome to Hibernian Simon. Ignore the online idiots.

Nail on head.

Colr
30-05-2017, 10:27 AM
They won't be proper fans.
Twitter and Facebook provides a platform for thousands of losers with nothing of note going on in their lives to engage with those who do. They will be best ignored/blocked.

If you ever start to feel too good about yourself, they have this thing called the Internet, and you can find a lot of people there who don't like you.

Tina Fey, Golden Globes Acceptance Speech, 2009

NAE NOOKIE
30-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Bloody Norah ...... I cant believe the amount of negativity there has been around this signing, the way some folk are going on you would think we had missed out on Ronaldo and Murray was next on the list.

If there is one thing we have been missing for the last 2 or 3 seasons its a player who buzzes about in the final third getting into faces and rushing defenders into passes .... Holt tried to be that player at times, but he just didn't have the energy to keep it up for more than 50 minutes in a game and lets face it, if folk have doubts about Murray's goals return its still stratospherically better than Holt's was in the same division .... that's not a criticism of Holt, but it is a defence of what Murray could possibly bring to us compared to what we had by the end of last season.

It seems to me that he will be a combination of the two strikers we have lost ..... Keatings could be a great finisher, but at times he was anonymous in games, Holt was good at 'noising up' defences but just didn't score nearly enough goals ...... Murray it seems to me wont go into a huff and disappear if things aren't going his way like Keatings seemed to at times and he will keep going for 90 minutes unlike Holt who just wasn't fit enough to play with that intensity, great natural finisher or not, the guy does score goals.

Not just that ...... If Neil Lennon who has managed in the champions league and two of Scotland's best managers in Alan Archibald who has done a great job at Thistle and Tommy Wright whose record speaks for itself both thought Simon Murray was good enough for the premiership that will do for me ..... I'm more than willing to give him a chance.

This might be a long post .... but I'll back it against folk going 'aye he's pish' just because the guy isn't Derek Riordan and a few disillusioned Dundee Utd fans are, not unnaturally, happy to diss anybody in a team who failed to get them promotion.

matty_f
30-05-2017, 10:35 AM
People saying how s***e he is and tagging him in the message so he can see

I've never quite understood why folk feel the need to do that.

Pete70
30-05-2017, 10:52 AM

Folk just showing how "Hibs Class" they are! :confused:

CraigHibee
30-05-2017, 10:56 AM

it's so they can feel big and hard behind a computer screen, just a form of bullying imo.

i think he will be a decent signing for us and i hope he proves his doubters wrong.

Lago
30-05-2017, 10:57 AM
I would guess you are on twitter.

Albanian Hibs
30-05-2017, 10:58 AM
I wonder what the reaction would have been if he had signed for St Johnstone?

Tamhere1875
30-05-2017, 10:59 AM
Can I ask what a "good Hibs support is".Im one of the don't fancy Simon Murray brigade. So am I not a good Hibs support? We all as football supporters have our own opinions about players and mine is that I don't think he's what we need to be a top four team. The guy is now a Hibee and will get my 100% backing. As for him being a scapegoat all I have to say is people in glass houses should not throw stones.

Lago
30-05-2017, 10:59 AM
All he needs to do is read Neil Lennon's piece on the BBC web site, thats the opinion that counts.:aok:

Mikey09
30-05-2017, 11:06 AM

Cause they mistakingly think the players they tag in their pathetic posts actually give a ****. Oh... And they're sad ****s.

Mikey09
30-05-2017, 11:08 AM
Can I ask what a "good Hibs support is".Im one of the don't fancy Simon Murray brigade. So am I not a good Hibs support? We all as football supporters have our own opinions about players and mine is that I don't think he's what we need to be a top four team. The guy is now a Hibee and will get my 100% backing. As for him being a scapegoat all I have to say is people in glass houses should not throw stones.

Eh?

DaveF
30-05-2017, 11:13 AM

You seem to be missing the point by a million miles.

By all means you can have doubts about him. No one is demanding anything else. It's the twitter trolls who are saying he is rubbish who are being criticised here.

ScottM1875
30-05-2017, 11:14 AM
A good hibs support doesn't have to believe that every player brought in is amazing, but when they are brought in should really get behind them and support them, unlike fannys on twitter giving Murray abuse and revelling in him already having to block supporters of his new club

Waxy
30-05-2017, 11:34 AM
When Simon Murray scores against the jambos, no one on here will be unhappy.

Borderhibbie76
30-05-2017, 11:36 AM
Even JC our main striker fluffs chances

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
30-05-2017, 11:38 AM
I'm currently having a debate with the idiot just now
How on earth anyone can claim ambrose was a poor signing...just beggars belief must be an undercover yam surely

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
30-05-2017, 11:40 AM
When Simon Murray scores against the jambos, no one on here will be unhappy.
:aok:

The reaction the lad is getting on twitter is way over the top.

jacomo
30-05-2017, 11:40 AM
I just don't think Keatings and Murray are comparable.
There were many games last season that Keatings was absolutely invisible. Utd fans may focus on things like his last minute goal against Falkirk but there was also plenty times he offered nothing.
I'm personally looking forward to seeing Murray for hibs. He is a good member of the squad. I still believe we'll keep Cummings and sign another striker in the Holt mould so we will have some good options.

They play in more or less the same position. Of course they are comparable.

Mikey
30-05-2017, 05:07 PM

Stop being ridiculous. It's the Hibs fans who are hounding him on social media that are being discussed here. He'll have been delighted to have signed yesterday and now he must wonder what he's let himself in for.

I just can't get my head round that sort of behaviour at all.

emerald green
30-05-2017, 05:25 PM
They should rename it Twatter.

Golden Bear
30-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Stop being ridiculous. It's the Hibs fans who are hounding him on social media that are being discussed here. He'll have been delighted to have signed yesterday and now he must wonder what he's let himself in for.

I just can't get my head round that sort of behaviour at all.

Hear hear!

Andy74
30-05-2017, 07:03 PM
and scoring goals, no one said he was a great player.

Well apart from Lennon who sort of did.

IAmLee
30-05-2017, 07:17 PM
A good hibs support doesn't have to believe that every player brought in is amazing, but when they are brought in should really get behind them and support them, unlike fannys on twitter giving Murray abuse and revelling in him already having to block supporters of his new club

He's blocked me on twitter and all I said, in a conversation with another Hibs fan, was that any time I've seen him he hasn't impressed me and I don't rate him because of that, but I hope he proves me wrong if he does sign. I didn't tag him in any of my posts so he's clearly searching his own name and blocking those with opinions he doesn't like!! I've seen some people who are being bang out of order to the lad but most people are simply expressing their opinion that they don't think he's a good signing. I think his comments about being glad he didn't sign for us last season are playing a part too tbh.

As with every other player he'll get my full backing as long as he's pulling on our shirt but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed an opinion of how he's played before on my own twitter page.

Fritz
30-05-2017, 07:17 PM
Bloody Norah ...... I cant believe the amount of negativity there has been around this signing, the way some folk are going on you would think we had missed out on Ronaldo and Murray was next on the list.

If there is one thing we have been missing for the last 2 or 3 seasons its a player who buzzes about in the final third getting into faces and rushing defenders into passes .... Holt tried to be that player at times, but he just didn't have the energy to keep it up for more than 50 minutes in a game and lets face it, if folk have doubts about Murray's goals return its still stratospherically better than Holt's was in the same division .... that's not a criticism of Holt, but it is a defence of what Murray could possibly bring to us compared to what we had by the end of last season.

It seems to me that he will be a combination of the two strikers we have lost ..... Keatings could be a great finisher, but at times he was anonymous in games, Holt was good at 'noising up' defences but just didn't score nearly enough goals ...... Murray it seems to me wont go into a huff and disappear if things aren't going his way like Keatings seemed to at times and he will keep going for 90 minutes unlike Holt who just wasn't fit enough to play with that intensity, great natural finisher or not, the guy does score goals.

Not just that ...... If Neil Lennon who has managed in the champions league and two of Scotland's best managers in Alan Archibald who has done a great job at Thistle and Tommy Wright whose record speaks for itself both thought Simon Murray was good enough for the premiership that will do for me ..... I'm more than willing to give him a chance.

This might be a long post .... but I'll back it against folk going 'aye he's pish' just because the guy isn't Derek Riordan and a few disillusioned Dundee Utd fans are, not unnaturally, happy to diss anybody in a team who failed to get them promotion.

Might be a long post but it's a good one. Wholeheartedly agree.

Fritz
30-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Hear hear!

I don't think they're really Hibs fans in the first place. All smells a bit...yammish to me.

ColinNish
30-05-2017, 07:21 PM
Even more hilarious are the majority who are tagging in the wrong simon Murray on their twitter rants! 😂😂😂

Fritz
30-05-2017, 07:24 PM
He's blocked me on twitter and all I said, in a conversation with another Hibs fan, was that any time I've seen him he hasn't impressed me and I don't rate him because of that, but I hope he proves me wrong if he does sign. I didn't tag him in any of my posts so he's clearly searching his own name and blocking those with opinions he doesn't like!! I've seen some people who are being bang out of order to the lad but most people are simply expressing their opinion that they don't think he's a good signing. I think his comments about being glad he didn't sign for us last season are playing a part too tbh.

As with every other player he'll get my full backing as long as he's pulling on our shirt but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed an opinion of how he's played before on my own twitter page.

Of course you're allowed your own opinion. As he is allowed to block you for it. Got to love the old "when he pulls on a Hibs shirt he'll get my full backing" line. That really shouldn't need to be said.

we are hibs
30-05-2017, 07:32 PM
I would guess you are on twitter.

why? because I don't think every single player we sign is a great world beater? I said I don't think he is a good signing. I haven't abused him at all.

Lago
30-05-2017, 07:32 PM
Well apart from Lennon who sort of did.
Said he was a great player!!

Lago
30-05-2017, 07:35 PM

He is quite right to block you and the other complainers, why should he have to put up with unwarranted criticism before he has kicked a ball.

IAmLee
30-05-2017, 07:46 PM
Of course you're allowed your own opinion. As he is allowed to block you for it. Got to love the old "when he pulls on a Hibs shirt he'll get my full backing" line. That really shouldn't need to be said.

No it shouldn't but there are people who abuse them regardless & I wanted to qualify that I'm not one of them! I didn't say he wasn't allowed to block me for it, of course he is (although I don't personally see the point in blocking someone who doesnt follow you in the first place), I mentioned it because someone said earlier it's pathetic that he's HAVING to block his own fans when most of them didn't tag him in anything in the first place. These people didn't specifically target him & it's not our fault he searches his name & doesn't like what he finds!

IAmLee
30-05-2017, 07:50 PM
He is quite right to block you and the other complainers, why should he have to put up with unwarranted criticism before he has kicked a ball.

He wouldn't have to "put up with it" at all if he wasn't searching his own name to look at what people were saying about him!! Everything I said about him was based on his performances for United and were in response to a question a friend asked me. Am I to lie or not say anything at all incase he decides to have another nosey at what people who don't follow hom are saying!?

Lago
30-05-2017, 08:01 PM
why? because I don't think every single player we sign is a great world beater? I said I don't think he is a good signing. I haven't abused him at all.
Glad your not advising Neil Lennon on signing targets.:confused:

Golden Bear
30-05-2017, 08:31 PM

Try and reverse the situation. You've just signed for a Club you're Dad once played for and are now looking forward to a new career. At the very least you might expect the fans to make you feel at home, you're self confidence is boosted and you can't wait for the new season to start.

But instead a few guys who have probably never kicked a ball in earnest in their lives decide that you're a waste of space . How would YOU feel?

Lago
30-05-2017, 09:45 PM
Try and reverse the situation. You've just signed for a Club you're Dad once played for and are now looking forward to a new career. At the very least you might expect the fans to make you feel at home, you're self confidence is boosted and you can't wait for the new season to start.

But instead a few guys who have probably never kicked a ball in earnest in their lives decide that you're a waste of space . How would YOU feel?

Lancs Harp
30-05-2017, 09:48 PM
God Im glad I dont have a twitter account. :greengrin

oneone73
30-05-2017, 09:49 PM

Well said.

tamig
30-05-2017, 09:59 PM

Spot on. I can't understand what some of these folk think they're going to achieve with their negative comments. Bizarre.

marinello59
30-05-2017, 10:02 PM

Well said.

Jonnyboy
30-05-2017, 10:44 PM

God Im glad I dont have a twitter account. :greengrin

Nor do I and I'm glad I haven't :greengrin

Andy74
31-05-2017, 09:41 AM
The internet probably peaked about 10 years ago.

It's obviously useful to be connected to stuff and information, however, anything that it is any way useful soon gets taken over by having to pay for it by advertising and becomes less useable.

Twitter was a good, simple idea, it's now out of control.

Facebook was a useful and well presented way of keeping up to date with some friends, now it is out of control.

I don't need Facebook to give me regurgitated news and comment. I don't need my News sites to direct me to list of 30 things that will blow my mind.

It's all gone a bit crap.

lyonhibs
31-05-2017, 09:21 PM
Twitter has long been a refuge for delinquents and miscreants. This seems to prove it once and for all.