PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods NHC

Kojock
29-05-2017, 04:34 PM
Looking for a driver.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/2017/05/29/tiger-woodsarrested-charges-driving-influence/

snooky
29-05-2017, 04:43 PM
Looking for a driver.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/2017/05/29/tiger-woodsarrested-charges-driving-influence/

Can he no' just use his 2 wood?

Lago
29-05-2017, 05:11 PM
Finished.

Sioux
29-05-2017, 05:22 PM
Only a matter of time. Before he was injured his driving was all over the place.

iwasthere1972
29-05-2017, 05:37 PM
Cost him a wedge to get out on bail.

SANH 1875
29-05-2017, 05:38 PM
I wont be chipping in

pedroorange1875
29-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Woods is done, he is better closing the circus that has become his career, time to retire i think

HoboHarry
29-05-2017, 05:48 PM
Will he sign on the brew?

iwasthere1972
29-05-2017, 05:50 PM
Saw his mugshot on Sky and he looked rough. No car to get home so a fairway to walk.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-05-2017, 06:47 PM
He will be clamped in irons.

WoreTheGreen
29-05-2017, 06:53 PM
Saw his mugshot on Sky and he looked rough. No car to get home so a fairway to walk.

Silly question but can he drive a golf buggy

The Pointer
29-05-2017, 07:17 PM
He was certainly looking below par in his mugshot.

iwasthere1972
29-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Silly question but can he drive a golf buggy

:greengrin

Colr
29-05-2017, 07:23 PM
Looking for a driver.

What a brassie neck!

snooky
29-05-2017, 07:43 PM
I wont be chipping in

Well, I'd pitch in to help.

Sylar
29-05-2017, 09:26 PM
A bigger shame in professional sport, I can't recall in my lifetime. His downward spiral has been captivating and crushing in equal measure and I take no joy seeing his latest debacle.

He was genuinely THE golf idol of my generation and could easily have surpassed Jack had he not come completely undone.

I find the entire thing horrifically sad for a number of reasons: 1) because his behaviour could have killed someone quite easily, 2) because it's quite clear he's finished as a professional golfer and 3) because all of those people who genuinely looked up to him and wanted him to succeed in every comeback are now rapidly realising just how great his demons are.

blackpoolhibs
01-06-2017, 08:07 AM
Just seen his arrest on SSN, and he's certainly confused to say the least. Apparently his alcohol blood count was zero, so it seems he's taken something whether its prescription drugs or worse. :confused:

Either way he shouldnt have been driving.

Andy74
01-06-2017, 09:44 AM
Just seen his arrest on SSN, and he's certainly confused to say the least. Apparently his alcohol blood count was zero, so it seems he's taken something whether its prescription drugs or worse. :confused:

Either way he shouldnt have been driving.

True but if you've already been affected by the medication then that judgement isn't there surely?

McSwanky
01-06-2017, 02:26 PM
I'm no fan of Tiger Woods, but what bothers me about all of this is how the footage got into the public domain in the first place. This matter should be between him and the police - no way should this have been released for public consumption.

Scouse Hibee
01-06-2017, 06:26 PM
Driving under the influence of drink or drugs is just crazy behaviour. He's had some fall from grace, pretty sad really.

Andy74
01-06-2017, 06:35 PM
Driving under the influence of drink or drugs is just crazy behaviour. He's had some fall from grace, pretty sad really.

Agreed. But if you've no idea what you're doing due to a reaction to prescribed drugs? Not sure if you can be responsible or not?

Scouse Hibee
01-06-2017, 09:11 PM
Agreed. But if you've no idea what you're doing due to a reaction to prescribed drugs? Not sure if you can be responsible or not?

I suppose it depends how long he has been on them and whether or not he has experienced the side effects before. Then again you have a responsibility to ensure that anything you take prior to driving is not going to adversely affect your ability to drive.

greenlex
02-06-2017, 08:42 PM
I suppose it depends how long he has been on them and whether or not he has experienced the side effects before. Then again you have a responsibility to ensure that anything you take prior to driving is not going to adversely affect your ability to drive.

He's had back problems for years. Unless it's new medication which is doubtful he should be acutely aware of their effects. 3am? Strange one.

lord bunberry
02-06-2017, 09:35 PM
It's obvious that the guy needs help. It's at times like this that he needs strong people around him with his own interests at heart. The death of his father seems to have started his downward spiral. I really hope he manages to come to terms with his demons and make a recovery. I doubt we'll see him back on the golf course again, but I would be delighted if we did.

frazeHFC
03-06-2017, 10:16 AM
He's made some silly decisions down the years but it's horrible seeing someone so brilliant go downhill like this. Love sitting watching clips of some of his shots/wins over the years. Only wish I could remember him at his prime, my first real memories are when I saw him in 2007 at Carnoustie.

greenlex
29-11-2017, 02:55 AM
Back in the saddle this week after fusion surgery has given him his life back. What’s the thoughts then? I still reckon he hasn’t got it between the ears anymore and we will only see him fleetingly.

Tornadoes70
29-11-2017, 10:35 AM
Back in the saddle this week after fusion surgery has given him his life back. What’s the thoughts then? I still reckon he hasn’t got it between the ears anymore and we will only see him fleetingly.

Tiger's no chance in the Heroes. I was second again after Aphibarnrat well joint second with Suri at the weekend there with Ormsby the winner who no-one would have a penny on :confused:. There's some very interesting tournaments this week, Haydon Porteous could go well at the Afr/Asia and I fancy Fowler to take the Heroes and Marcus Fraser/Ryan Fox to have a chance in the Australian PGA. It'd be great to see Tiger return to something resembling his past form but just cannot see it.

greenlex
01-12-2017, 08:36 PM
Decent first couple of rounds to get him started. Good to see. Hating the coverage. Gave up today after his front nine. It seemed that no one else was playing. For TV purposes it was the Tiger Woods show.

Tornadoes70
01-12-2017, 10:19 PM
Decent first couple of rounds to get him started. Good to see. Hating the coverage. Gave up today after his front nine. It seemed that no one else was playing. For TV purposes it was the Tiger Woods show.

He's played a lot better than I thought he would getting back into the saddle after such a long period out which is great to see. Can't believe Charley Hoffman is overnight leader tonight with the players that are involved. Don't think he'll win but its just bizarre. Good to see Tiger (Get in the hole) back and playing well again.

Golden Bear
03-12-2017, 02:48 PM
Apart from anything else, it's simply wrong that essentially an invitation tournament counts for world ranking points.