PDA

View Full Version : McGinn out of Scots game...

Hibby soldier
29-05-2017, 03:55 PM
http://www.footballnewshound.com/View.aspx?Si=11&Ap=Common&Al=newsview.html&Un=Hibernian&NI=3104713

Ronniekirk
29-05-2017, 03:59 PM
http://www.footballnewshound.com/View.aspx?Si=11&Ap=Common&Al=newsview.html&Un=Hibernian&NI=3104713

Only reason i got a bloody ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
29-05-2017, 04:01 PM
Bad news for John, good news for Hibs
What's his injury problem?

SirDavidsNapper
29-05-2017, 04:03 PM
Good

calumhibee1
29-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Bad news for John, good news for Hibs
What's his injury problem?

He's just been cut from the provisional squad, not injured.

Billy Whizz
29-05-2017, 04:08 PM
He's just been cut from the provisional squad, not injured.

Ok ta, means he can have an extended holiday

HoboHarry
29-05-2017, 04:09 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if NL asked that he be dropped to give him more rest time.

Smartie
29-05-2017, 04:09 PM
Ok ta, means he can have an extended holiday

A much-needed, well-earned extended holiday. Well, not so much extended but more just a normal holiday, which he hasn't had for a while.

Great news for Hibs and I think it is exactly what John needs right now too, not that I expect he'll see it that way.

Tyler Durden
29-05-2017, 04:10 PM
Seems a bit of a strange approach this, surely Strachan could have waited and announced the squad later and called in reinforcements where needed? Rather than announce the bigger squad so early.

Where the SFA are involved things quite often seem to be over complicated

J-C
29-05-2017, 04:13 PM
Seems a bit of a strange approach this, surely Strachan could have waited and announced the squad later and called in reinforcements where needed? Rather than announce the bigger squad so early.

And these reinforcements might be sunning themselves on a beach 10lbs overweight by now, name the squad and see who's fit and able, then trim were needed.

Billy Whizz
29-05-2017, 04:13 PM

He was probably waiting to see if anyone got injured in the cup
Final, in midfield

superfurryhibby
29-05-2017, 04:14 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if NL asked that he be dropped to give him more rest time.

I doubt very much NL has any say in it.

Shame for McGinn, good for his rest and recovery though.

greenlex
29-05-2017, 04:14 PM
Based on this seasons performances he was lucky to be included in the first place. Jack Hamiltons inclusion is just plain baffling.

Tyler Durden
29-05-2017, 04:22 PM
And these reinforcements might be sunning themselves on a beach 10lbs overweight by now, name the squad and see who's fit and able, then trim were needed.

Maybe so but those players could be informed privately that they're on standby anyway.

Many of the English based players will be on holiday now anyway before reporting for the game, another week or more from now.

Not a big deal, just find it a curious approach.

HoboHarry
29-05-2017, 04:27 PM
I doubt very much NL has any say in it.

Shame for McGinn, good for his rest and recovery though.

I never said NL could overrule Starchan but do you really think Strachan doesn't discuss individual players with their club managers?

Big_Franck
29-05-2017, 04:44 PM
Good. We'll hopefully benefit next season from McGinn having had a proper summer's rest. How he got in the squad ahead of Callum McGregor in the first place was baffling.

angus hibby
29-05-2017, 05:58 PM
Our last game was some weeks ago and I imagine McGinn has been keeping himself ticking over, knowing the England game was coming up, obviously hoping/expecting to be in squad. In fact, sure I read he was considering training with another team or even a rugby team to keep his fitness up.

Having done all that, he then gets binned! He could've had an even longer rest.

Itsnoteasy
29-05-2017, 06:11 PM
Based on this seasons performances he was lucky to be included in the first place. Jack Hamiltons inclusion is just plain baffling.

Totally agree.

Iain G
29-05-2017, 06:48 PM
Fletcher out also, now down to three forwards in the trimmed squad, good positive indication of Strachan's plans there. New broom needed.

Eyrie
29-05-2017, 06:55 PM
My reaction to McGinn being dropped was one of relief. He can now have a proper break before pre-season training rather than wasting his time not getting on the pitch.

Pete70
29-05-2017, 06:57 PM
8 defenders, 10 midfielders and only 3 forwards left in the squad.

I looks like Strachan will be playing to avoid defeat as Levein did against the Czechs

WeeRussell
30-05-2017, 12:19 PM
I never said NL could overrule Starchan but do you really think Strachan doesn't discuss individual players with their club managers?

I really think Strachan would laugh if any manager asked him not to select a player for a qualifier match against England in June, because he thinks he could do with a few extra days rest in the summer.