PDA

View Full Version : Marciano

Hibee87
29-05-2017, 02:02 PM
Made a bid for him
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-make-offer-for-ashdod-keeper-ofir-marciano-1-4460235

Big_Franck
29-05-2017, 02:06 PM
Made a bid for him
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-make-offer-for-ashdod-keeper-ofir-marciano-1-4460235

Good. Hopefully we can get this over the line soon as it'd be good to have the majority of the squad in place when we return for pre-season.

Pete70
29-05-2017, 07:04 PM
I'd be delighted if we can get this deal done.
Stokesy and Efe next please. :pray:

jacomo
29-05-2017, 07:26 PM
Let's hope this works out.

Best keeper we've had for years. Will even grudgingly accept he's better than Big Maka.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-05-2017, 07:30 PM
Looks like all parties involved want the deal to go through. Will be great news if he signs.

Fuzzywuzzy
29-05-2017, 07:31 PM
Let's hope this works out.

Best keeper we've had for years. Will even grudgingly accept he's better than Big Maka.

Just had a butchers at Wikipedia for ma-kalamby. Alarmingly, a career over a decade and the ripe age of 31 he's only played about 64 games!!! Nearly all for us!!

Keyser Sauzee
29-05-2017, 07:40 PM
Quiz question:

Can anyone name the last goalkeeper to play for hibs directly after Ashdod??

essexhibee
29-05-2017, 07:42 PM
The polish bald fella Gregorz something. Begins with an S but I'll be damned tryna spell it!

bingo70
29-05-2017, 07:42 PM
Quiz question:

Can anyone name the last goalkeeper to play for hibs directly after Ashdod??

The monk

(Guessed it correctly but googled to check, good knowledge knowing that in the first place!)

blackpoolhibs
29-05-2017, 07:43 PM
Just had a butchers at Wikipedia for ma-kalamby. Alarmingly, a career over a decade and the ripe age of 31 he's only played about 64 games!!! Nearly all for us!!

That cant be right, i was told (and you know who you are) that Maka would play at a higher level than us and be a regular there.

He had everything a keeper needed except bottle and the ability to keep the ball out the net.

Wilson
29-05-2017, 07:44 PM
The polish bald fella Gregorz something. Begins with an S but I'll be damned tryna spell it!

Szamotulski. Good keeper.

tamig
29-05-2017, 07:48 PM

And he'd probably have played many more if Yogi hadn't introduced that legendary Goalkeeping School of Excellence. One of his proudest achievements.

jacomo
29-05-2017, 07:56 PM
And he'd probably have played many more if Yogi hadn't introduced that legendary Goalkeeping School of Excellence. One of his proudest achievements.

Exactly.

Maka would have won us the title if it wasn't for Yogi and his silly ways.

MikeyS
29-05-2017, 08:00 PM

Think hes he's a personal trainer these days. Am sure I saw a pic of him training with Melanie Sykes, I'd have chucked the fitba to watch her stretch too!

jacomo
29-05-2017, 08:04 PM
That cant be right, i was told (and you know who you are) that Maka would play at a higher level than us and be a regular there.

He had everything a keeper needed except bottle and the ability to keep the ball out the net.

Ah well.

You win some, you lose some.

Pretty Boy
29-05-2017, 08:08 PM

I'm still waiting on my cash from the bet I took on that. He was going to be playing for a top 6 EPL club within a year iirc.

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Would be a massive statement if we're spending cash on Marciano, Sercombe then offering decent wages to the likes of Efe and Stokes. Although I know not all first choice signings come off.

Rocky is an excellent GK and any team in Scotland would be delighted to have him. Continuity in the defence is key

delbert
29-05-2017, 09:51 PM
Exactly.

Maka would have won us the title if it wasn't for Yogi and his silly ways.

Maka would have had an unparalleled goals against record if we played with no goalposts !!

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2017, 10:52 PM

How anyone ever thought that guy would go on to carve out a decent career as a goal keeper is beyond me.

Onion
30-05-2017, 12:27 AM
Best keeper we've had in ages. Hope we can get hime signed up.

Changed days, eh ?

Dashing Bob S
30-05-2017, 01:08 AM
How anyone ever thought that guy would go on to carve out a decent career as a goal keeper is beyond me.

And he was like a sheet of plasterboard hammered into the posts compared to Simon Brown.

California-Hibs
30-05-2017, 01:40 AM
Really hope we sign him, I think he's brilliant, definitely the best keeper we've had in years and a good solid international! 👍

Nameless
30-05-2017, 05:10 AM
In Laidlaw and Marciano, we would have the 2 best keerpers at the club since Anderson and Hyldegard(sp). If Lennon manages to sign the defence that has been rumored in the press, this team will concede very few next season.

blackpoolhibs
30-05-2017, 06:58 AM
I'm still waiting on my cash from the bet I took on that. He was going to be playing for a top 6 EPL club within a year iirc.

Aye I remember that post too. 😂

Stokesy's on fire
30-05-2017, 07:24 AM
Delighted!!

Dashing Bob S
30-05-2017, 07:30 AM
Best two keepers at ER since Zibi and Clown battled it out for role of numero uno sticksman.

The Leith Dutch
30-05-2017, 07:55 AM
Szamotulski. Good keeper.

Only way I could do a passable pronunciation was to mumble about a Salmon Toastie.....

rodhibs55
30-05-2017, 11:41 AM
Maka would have had an unparalleled goals against record if we played with no goalposts !!

Is your name Cathro?

jacomo
30-05-2017, 04:26 PM
And he was like a sheet of plasterboard hammered into the posts compared to Simon Brown.

:agree:

I think Simon Brown is my least favourite Hibs player of all time.

lyonhibs
30-05-2017, 07:19 PM

Makalamby was honking, but a veritable Buffon compared to that fat ****.

tamig
30-05-2017, 07:39 PM

Remember his stellar performance when Charlie Adam beat him at his near post with two identical free-kicks. He was way out of position for the first but to repeat it for the second was criminal. Most folk in ER except the Brown balloon could see what was coming. Mowbray never covered himself in glory with his choice of keepers.

Fritz
30-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Remember his stellar performance when Charlie Adam beat him at his near post with two identical free-kicks. He was way out of position for the first but to repeat it for the second was criminal. Most folk in ER except the Brown balloon could see what was coming. Mowbray never covered himself in glory with his choice of keepers.

Did he not also get caught out by the classic 'striker hiding behind the goalie' routine where he dropped the ball at his feet and the opposition player ran round from his blind side and scored?

ekhibee
30-05-2017, 08:04 PM
The second one wasn't Brown, it was Andy McNeill that was in goals. The first game was near the end of the season, the second game was not long after the start of the following season, and McNeill was beaten almost exactly the same way as Brown had been. Both free kicks were taken from the right hand side, if I remember correctly, I was in the East stand at the time of both of them.

tamig
30-05-2017, 08:06 PM
Did he not also get caught out by the classic 'striker hiding behind the goalie' routine where he dropped the ball at his feet and the opposition player ran round from his blind side and scored?

I can't remember that one but wouldn't be surprised. More buffoon than Buffon.

Dibben
30-05-2017, 08:10 PM

I remember it almost happening at a Hearts game at ER. I'm sure the ****** shouts from th crowd gave him a warning before Lee Miller could get th ball (I'm sure it was close to being a penalty!!!).

ekhibee
30-05-2017, 08:25 PM
I remember it almost happening at a Hearts game at ER. I'm sure the ****** shouts from th crowd gave him a warning before Lee Miller could get th ball (I'm sure it was close to being a penalty!!!).
Brown was a bombscare, maybe the one you're thinking of was the one against Hearts when he left the ball thinking it was going out and it went in the top corner? That might have been at Tynecastle though.

snooky
30-05-2017, 08:28 PM
The second one wasn't Brown, it was Andy McNeill that was in goals. The first game was near the end of the season, the second game was not long after the start of the following season, and McNeill was beaten almost exactly the same way as Brown had been. Both free kicks were taken from the right hand side, if I remember correctly, I was in the East stand at the time of both of them.

I remember both goals well.
Once fair enough. Twice = :doh:

Dibben
30-05-2017, 08:35 PM
Brown was a bombscare, maybe the one you're thinking of was the one against Hearts when he left the ball thinking it was going out and it went in the top corner? That might have been at Tynecastle though.

I'm sure at ER Lee Miller was behind SB and he didn't notece, he threw the ball forward to kick it upfield and Miller almost nicked in and got the ball. I'm sure it was a decent penalty shout!!

tamig
30-05-2017, 08:40 PM
No Brown definitely conceded two free kicks in the same game from Charlie Adam. Both at the Famous Five end.
Report here. Sounds like he almost got to the second but my recollection was it was also swing in from the right at the near post.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/6409023.stm

ekhibee
31-05-2017, 12:54 AM
No Brown definitely conceded two free kicks in the same game from Charlie Adam. Both at the Famous Five end.
Report here. Sounds like he almost got to the second but my recollection was it was also swing in from the right at the near post.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/6409023.stm
The second goal went through his legs, the goals you mentioned originally both went in at the near post. The goals I saw were both at the Famous Five end, but it was different keepers and different games. In both cases, the way the wall was lined up there was no excuse for a goalie making an error like that, particularly McNeill who surely would have seen Brown's error in the first game. I agree with you about how bad Brown was though, in my opinion he was worse than Malkowski and that's saying something. Mind you, Tony Caig was worse than both of them.

SRHibs
31-05-2017, 01:07 AM
Makalambay had an absolute howler vs Aberdeen where he threw the ball of the player and it went in the net. Looking for the video but can't find it. Sure it had 2M+ views.

EDIT: He kicked it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp8tAcWp64g

sadtom
31-05-2017, 01:45 AM

Pretty certain that was the game my boys were the mascots.
John Collins was the manager at the time though.

Hermit Crab
31-05-2017, 02:47 AM
Makalambay had an absolute howler vs Aberdeen where he threw the ball of the player and it went in the net. Looking for the video but can't find it. Sure it had 2M+ views.

EDIT: He kicked it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp8tAcWp64g

He kicked the gall of the back of lee miller when he was at Aberdeen and we lost 1-0