View Full Version : Horeshoe pub - sectarian chants

Sioux
28-05-2017, 05:24 PM
Just came out of Saughton park and couldn't believe what I was hearing. Billy boys, FTP and IRA etc..... They must have outside seating at the back. Though it was huns but no, the gorgie mob. Wife asks why are they singing that stuff? One or three of her relations are herts supporters and she said that if one of her cousins came out with that they'd be dismantled by 'the family'.

I'm quite honestly shocked at this. Are these f.....s for real? effen disgusting at this hour of day (or at any time). There's not been a game on, its the close season ffs!

28-05-2017, 05:28 PM
I might be wrong but I think that's where the plane hirers hang out.

Sounds like a nice place.

28-05-2017, 05:40 PM
Just came out of Saughton park and couldn't believe what I was hearing. Billy boys, FTP and IRA etc..... They must have outside seating at the back. Though it was huns but no, the gorgie mob. Wife asks why are they singing that stuff? One or three of her relations are herts supporters and she said that if one of her cousins came out with that they'd be dismantled by 'the family'.

I'm quite honestly shocked at this. Are these f.....s for real? effen disgusting at this hour of day (or at any time). There's not been a game on, its the close season ffs!

The good news is it's getting knocked-down soon - the neanderthal-choir will have to find another hovel to infest !

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/gorgie-and-dalry/historic-hearts-pub-to-be-demolished-as-developers-plan-new-flats-1-4333104

Sioux
28-05-2017, 05:50 PM
The local residents must be delighted

28-05-2017, 05:59 PM
Obviously the ones that haven't got the bus fare to travel West, I know a lot of hearts fans and they can't stand that crap, pity the horseshoe couldn't be flattened with these neanderthals still inside it

28-05-2017, 06:45 PM
Some came running out of there on cup final day and tanned in a window on our bus.

28-05-2017, 07:10 PM

So you heard singing fi a beer garden but never seen them.🙄

28-05-2017, 07:31 PM
So you heard singing fi a beer garden but never seen them.🙄
I'm no Sherlock Holmes but I'd say the beer Gdns was at the rear of the pub .

28-05-2017, 07:38 PM
Obviously the ones that haven't got the bus fare to travel West, I know a lot of hearts fans and they can't stand that crap, pity the horseshoe couldn't be flattened with these neanderthals still inside it

Hate to speak up for Hearts fans :greengrin but my experience is much the same. Some Hearts fans would claim it never happens but most I know accept it can happen and abhor it.

Hibs fans, on the other hand, are all perfect. :wink:

28-05-2017, 07:54 PM
I think Hearts can probably claim the sectarian element in their support is a minority with a straight face, unlike Rangers say. It is quite a vocal and nasty minority though. Boy I play 7s with, Hearts fan, got a smack in the face at Pitrodrie a few weeks back for challenging one of them for singing a song about Tommy Burns.

28-05-2017, 08:10 PM
can you be a bit more specific of which horseshoe bar in the thread title please :greengrin thought i would have to stop going to our friendly horseshoe bar in glasgow on our regular visits to hampden

28-05-2017, 08:11 PM
Always been a home to that element of their support.

28-05-2017, 08:38 PM
can you be a bit more specific of which horseshoe bar in the thread title please :greengrin thought i would have to stop going to our friendly horseshoe bar in glasgow on our regular visits to hampden

That's what I thought too when I saw the thread title. Expected it to be the other side of the equation celebrating taking temporary charge of our Holy Grail 'til we reclaim it next season.

LustForLeith
28-05-2017, 08:41 PM
Is that where the Georgie Loyal hang out?

They used to have quite an unsavory website/forum

28-05-2017, 08:59 PM
Is that where the Georgie Loyal hang out?

They used to have quite an unsavory website/forum

Money for a pint but not the train fare?

IFONLY
28-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Think Staughton Park gives a big hint!!!!!!@

28-05-2017, 09:51 PM
Think Staughton Park gives a big hint!!!!!!@

if only it was in the title then eh !!!!!!!!!!!! @ :rolleyes:

Hint 1. thread title

28-05-2017, 09:53 PM
That's what I thought too when I saw the thread title. Expected it to be the other side of the equation celebrating taking temporary charge of our Holy Grail 'til we reclaim it next season.

it's only on loan :thumbsup:

stonewaller1875
28-05-2017, 10:08 PM
Diet Sevconians

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

28-05-2017, 10:33 PM
I'm no Sherlock Holmes but I'd say the beer Gdns was at the rear of the pub .

My point is, how does he know they were Hertz fans. If he just heard them. Is it because it wisnae a Glesgae accent.

28-05-2017, 11:47 PM
The mini Hun element is still existent within the Hearts support, but they are a dwindling minority of nutters who the decent majority have no time for, in my experience.

28-05-2017, 11:55 PM
The mini Hun element is still existent within the Hearts support, but they are a dwindling minority of nutters who the decent majority have no time for, in my experience.aye right then. the decent majority. :wink:

28-05-2017, 11:58 PM
can you be a bit more specific of which horseshoe bar in the thread title please :greengrin thought i would have to stop going to our friendly horseshoe bar in glasgow on our regular visits to hampdento be even more specific, it is almost on the Junction of the Balgreen road when it joins the gorgie road .

connerg
29-05-2017, 12:42 AM
Hearts fans sing anti-Catholic songs. What a shocker! Why is there a thread about this?

29-05-2017, 04:00 AM
The old wheatshief or whatever it was called was worse. Hearts fans that claim to not be interested are mostly lying *******s - they love it and wish they were real bigots. Source - me, living in gorgie for far to many years, surrounded by both rangers and hearts family and 'friends'. 😷

KazaHibs
29-05-2017, 08:46 AM
Some came running out of there on cup final day and tanned in a window on our bus.

Such a stupid decision to go through Gorgie after us winning the cup.

We were right behind your bus :greengrin

Sioux
29-05-2017, 09:09 AM
My point is, how does he know they were Hertz fans. If he just heard them. Is it because it wisnae a Glesgae accent.

"All the Hibees are gay, FTP and the IRA" was the first give away. Never heard that one before. The "gorgie billy boys" confirmed it.

Loud and clear as I walked to the bust stop, westward, opposite Saughton. If you're looking to be an apologist for them that's your problem, crack on.

29-05-2017, 09:10 AM
Did this pub used to be called 'Luckie's"?

29-05-2017, 09:16 AM
Did this pub used to be called 'Luckie's"?

Aye, thats the one.

29-05-2017, 09:24 AM
Aye, thats the one.

That place has always been a magnet for the lowest elements of the maroon balloons support.:agree:

29-05-2017, 09:31 AM
The decent majority that belted out oh the hibees are gay and the Billy boys at Derby games. Don't make me laugh. Maybe the decent so called majority are 90 minute bigots but when they sing these songs the whole of their end belt it out. They have got worse over the years and the glorious 12th has hardened a lot of them to sing these songs. Mini huns with a few exceptions.

29-05-2017, 09:39 AM
I don't believe that Hertz have a sectarian faction. Not for one minute :bitchy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQuLLfTaZEo

29-05-2017, 09:42 AM
There used to be a pub called The Derby's somewhere around there. Think it then changed to the Laich or similar. Different pub or same one?

Back in the 80s Edinburgh West Hibs used to run a bus from it. Maybe owned by Jackie Mac?

NthCarolinaHibs
29-05-2017, 09:44 AM
There used to be a pub called The Derby's somewhere around there. Think it then changed to the Laich or similar. Different pub or same one?

Back in the 80s Edinburgh West Hibs used to run a bus from it. Maybe owned by Jackie Mac?
Jackie Mac and Ralph Callachan owned it..

29-05-2017, 09:45 AM
...and there's absolutely NO sectarian chanting in this photo-shopped clip. They are true bastions of the 21st century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nf3BQ4kGRE

29-05-2017, 09:45 AM
Geez that video is something else.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry it's so tragically bad.

Now, if it had been like the scene from Trainspotting 2.......��

29-05-2017, 10:04 AM
Geez that video is something else.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry it's so tragically bad.

Now, if it had been like the scene from Trainspotting 2.......��
They haven't got girlfriends and their mum's said they have to be in a group with like minded people, sadly the Scouts said they were too old and would never be able to tie a knot. Only option was a marching band.

29-05-2017, 10:11 AM
"All the Hibees are gay, FTP and the IRA" was the first give away. Never heard that one before. The "gorgie billy boys" confirmed it.

Loud and clear as I walked to the bust stop, westward, opposite Saughton. If you're looking to be an apologist for them that's your problem, crack on.

Thanks for keeping us abreast of the situation :wink: Seriously though, I was in there before a function at Bainfield Bowling Club and found the place to be pretty much full of Hertz neanderthals.

29-05-2017, 10:16 AM
Thanks for keeping us abreast of the situation :wink: Seriously though, I was in there before a function at Bainfield Bowling Club and found the place to be pretty much full of Hertz neanderthals.
My uncle supported hearts, he lived just off balgreen road and used to go into luckies / the horseshoe, he could take care of himself but just gave up drinking there because of the numpties and started going to the bowling club instead.

29-05-2017, 10:16 AM
Most Hearts fans are not in anyway shape or form sectarian.

They , like us and every major club in Scotland , have some bams in their support but most of them are just normal people who follow their team.

29-05-2017, 10:20 AM
Does anyone know if the fat guy that looks like he'd already eaten one giant drum managed to win his epic struggle with the one that was fighting back or did he manage to overpower and devour that one when the camera stopped?

29-05-2017, 10:38 AM
I don't believe that Hertz have a sectarian faction. Not for one minute :bitchy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQuLLfTaZEo

Not a bad effort from the 'twirly' gadgie, especially when you consider the absence of opposable thumbs...and nobody even threw the poor wee f***er a fish.

29-05-2017, 10:39 AM
Cant speak for Edinburgh, but I know quite a few match going Borders Yams and AFAIK not a single one of them has any time for the clubs 'Billy boy' element. How they behave in the pub before kick off or inside the ground I have no idea, but in my company I have never heard any sectarian nonsense from them.

29-05-2017, 10:45 AM
I was in "Luckys" after a derby once. Burst into a song about fenians because Celtic lost the cup final to Kilmarnock iirc and I swiftly left.

29-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Not a bad effort from the 'twirly' gadgie, especially when you consider the absence of opposable thumbs...and nobody even threw the poor wee f***er a fish.

Must admit my first inclination us pity these simple minded fools. However its hard to suppress a wry smile when the baton twirly laddie stabs himself in the knee two minutes in.

29-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Did a decent bar lunch about twenty years ago. I went there about 5 years ago and it had seriously went downhill. Evening clientele is definitely drawn from the ****mier element of the ****bos support.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/city-football-casuals-clash-as-hibs-fans-storm-hearts-pub-1-1237269

29-05-2017, 10:50 AM
I always wondered about the psychology of people who sing "oh the hibees are gay" and that is far from a minority.

29-05-2017, 10:54 AM
I always wondered about the psychology of people who sing "oh the hibees are gay" and that is far from a minority.

Is there that much to wonder about? 90-minute homophobes.

29-05-2017, 10:56 AM
It's probably one of the two songs they've got left and since the world's long moved on I quite like the mind set that sees this as a decent yam song. Often cite it to fans down here when I'm explaining the gulf between Hibs and the poppy thieves.

29-05-2017, 11:23 AM
Living up this way I tend to avoid boozers in the close vicinity of Tynie when they are at home. The true colours tend to come out when they are amongst "their own". Perhaps not so much in singing songs but, certainly the casual sectarian bile that some of them seem to enjoy spewing out in general conversation.

29-05-2017, 11:27 AM
Well, I know a few Hearts fans through here in Lanarkshire and with only a couple of exceptions they're indistinguishable from the worst of the Rangers fans. :sick:

29-05-2017, 12:09 PM
It's probably one of the two songs they've got left and since the world's long moved on I quite like the mind set that sees this as a decent yam song. Often cite it to fans down here when I'm explaining the gulf between Hibs and the poppy thieves.

I suppose the more progressive "Oh the hibees have a mix across the entire sexual orientation and gender identity spectrum" doesn't quite scan.

29-05-2017, 02:27 PM
I suppose the more progressive "Oh the hibees have a mix across the entire sexual orientation and gender identity spectrum" doesn't quite scan.
[emoji106]

Too many syllables. Big famous team though. Not many others have stolen from the same charities as them.

hibeg
29-05-2017, 07:36 PM

Edinburgh West ran from the Silver Wing in Sighthill

29-05-2017, 08:32 PM
Edinburgh West ran from the Silver Wing in Sighthill

I seem to remember getting the west bus from the chesser Inn

29-05-2017, 11:52 PM
We can't judge all Hearts fans by the standard of the bams who sing in pubs or are members of Loyalist flute bands. Most clubs in the central belt have that element, sadly. Hearts certainly have that element amongst them, but it isn't institutional, like it is at Rangers.

30-05-2017, 12:57 AM
We can't judge all Hearts fans by the standard of the bams who sing in pubs or are members of Loyalist flute bands. Most clubs in the central belt have that element, sadly. Hearts certainly have that element amongst them, but it isn't institutional, like it is at Rangers.

Yes we can. It's unfair, but it's Hearts, so I've no problem with it.

30-05-2017, 01:11 AM
Yes we can. It's unfair, but it's Hearts, so I've no problem with it.

Fair enough, Bob :greengrin

30-05-2017, 01:16 AM
Too be frank, if I was judging them by those aforementioned standards, I'd be guilty of elevating their status considerably.

30-05-2017, 06:25 AM
They've not really much else to sing about. ******s.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk