PDA

View Full Version : Celtics' Winner

18Hibee75
27-05-2017, 05:46 PM
Anyone else notice that Celtic scored there winner in 90+2 minutes and celebrated in a very familiar part of the stadium, in a very familiar fashion?

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
27-05-2017, 05:49 PM
What do you expect? The most unoriginal club in the world.

3pm
27-05-2017, 05:49 PM
Often imitated, never equalled.

iwasthere1972
27-05-2017, 06:01 PM
Anyone else notice that Celtic scored there winner in 90+2 minutes and celebrated in a very familiar part of the stadium, in a very familiar fashion?

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

You don't say.

Nameless
27-05-2017, 06:02 PM
That made me chuckle.

oneone73
27-05-2017, 06:02 PM

This.

weecounty hibby
27-05-2017, 06:07 PM
Anything to be like Hibs

Skol
27-05-2017, 06:14 PM
was he booked though

hibee_girl
27-05-2017, 06:15 PM
was he booked though

He was

OxoHibby
27-05-2017, 06:23 PM

Hahaha too true

hibsbollah
27-05-2017, 06:33 PM
Canon Hannon>Brother Walfrid
David Gray>Rogic
Us>Them

Bostonhibby
27-05-2017, 06:45 PM
Any rangers players horribly attacked? Suppose I should wait for the Sunday mail exclusive and prestons affidavit.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

heidtheba
27-05-2017, 06:45 PM
David Gray>Rogic
Us>Them

Best Hibs/Celtic post ever. Can we get that made into t-shirts please...?
:flag:

WoreTheGreen
27-05-2017, 06:50 PM
Any polis hats knocked off? If not a poor effort

Pete
27-05-2017, 07:02 PM
They've probably forgotten about it already.

Iggy Pope
27-05-2017, 07:34 PM
They've probably forgotten about it already.

Winning the treble and doing it entirely unbeaten is the stuff of forgetting about, it's true.

Pete
27-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Winning the treble and doing it entirely unbeaten is the stuff of forgetting about, it's true.

I suppose they might remember it for a few days then. ;-)

As for all the accultions regarding them going unbeaten and winning three trophies etc...the phrase "flat track bully" immediately springs to mind.

Iggy Pope
27-05-2017, 08:11 PM
I suppose they might remember it for a few days then. ;-)

As for all the accultions regarding them going unbeaten and winning three trophies etc...the phrase "flat track bully" immediately springs to mind.

Only springs to my mind that I heard Alan Shearer or someone use that term about World Cup Winner Mezut Ozil today, as you no doubt did. Must be the phrase of the day. Means nowt to me at all.
Like it or not, they've won the treble undefeated. I think they'll remember it for a while. It's unprecedented.

Captain Trips
27-05-2017, 08:16 PM
The Celtic winner actually reminded me of Stokesy's first goal in the final.

Pete
27-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Only springs to my mind that I heard Alan Shearer or someone say use that term about World Cup Winner Mezut Ozil today, as you no doubt did. Must be the phrase of the day. Means nowt to me at all.
Like it or not, they've won the treble undefeated. I think they'll remember it for a while. It's unprecedented.

I'm not sure what your point is about Alan Shearers use of that phrase. Whatever it means to you, it's an appropriate phrase to describe Celtic.

I'm also not really that bothered about what they've won, I'm just not getting on board with all the fawning over them when their budget absolutely dwarves everyone else's. what's unprecedented is the stranglehold they have over our game and it isn't healthy.

As for them remembering it....maybe. Maybe they'll be hacked off next year when they only win the treble and lose one game.

Swedish hibee
27-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Copycats. They take everything from other clubs and make it their own.. but I'm not fooled!!!

PatHead
27-05-2017, 08:31 PM
Copycats. They take everything from other clubs and make it their own.. but I'm not fooled!!!

They will be selling chips next

SirDavidsNapper
27-05-2017, 08:44 PM

I like it. They would have no comeback to it either.

Captain Trips
27-05-2017, 08:46 PM

Indeed. They would probably use that phrase as well haha.

SirDavidsNapper
27-05-2017, 08:46 PM
How long before they have a giant class curtain wall installed?

Bostonhibby
27-05-2017, 08:49 PM
They will be selling chips next
[emoji106]

I think this whole treble / unbeaten story has been totally eclipsed by the poppy thieves announcement about things you can make from a potato. Brilliant media management. Celtc must be seething.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

vuefrom1875
28-05-2017, 12:17 AM
Best Hibs/Celtic post ever. Can we get that made into t-shirts please...?
:flag:

Take my hat of to you Sir.....tee shirt ordered.

tamig
28-05-2017, 12:25 AM
Only springs to my mind that I heard Alan Shearer or someone use that term about World Cup Winner Mezut Ozil today, as you no doubt did. Must be the phrase of the day. Means nowt to me at all.
And bear in mind, this was only their fourth treble by all accounts. To do it undefeated across the three competitions is a phenomenal achievement.

tamig
28-05-2017, 12:31 AM
I'm not sure what your point is about Alan Shearers use of that phrase. Whatever it means to you, it's an appropriate phrase to describe Celtic.

I'm also not really that bothered about what they've won, I'm just not getting on board with all the fawning over them when their budget absolutely dwarves everyone else's. what's unprecedented is the stranglehold they have over our game and it isn't healthy.

As for them remembering it....maybe. Maybe they'll be hacked off next year when they only win the treble and lose one game.
The hun budget - other than celtc - dwarfes every
Other club in the land. How come they never finished second in the league? Can you not give a bit of credit where it's due? Very petty otherwise.

Pete
28-05-2017, 02:02 AM
The hun budget - other than celtc - dwarfes every
Other club in the land. How come they never finished second in the league? Can you not give a bit of credit where it's due? Very petty otherwise.

Rangers being absolutely pathetic and not punching anywhere near their weight is kind of irrelevant. In fact all it does is lessen Celtics "monumental" achievement as its been achieved without any credible opposition whatsoever.

At the risk of sounding petty, I'll save my credit for teams like Forest, Arsenal and Juventus. Teams who didn't have such a massive advantage over their competitors when they achieved unbeaten runs and multiple trophies.

I can't actually believe there are Hibs fans who are positive about this in any way at all as it's basically the scenario we've all been dreading. They've become that powerful that they've won every trophy and almost every game.

Of course Celtic have done something right that they didn't do in the past but the only thing I see is the ultimate indication that out game is unbalanced, lop-sided and totally ****ed as far as competition is concerned.

Tricla
28-05-2017, 06:40 AM
Rangers being absolutely pathetic and not punching anywhere near their weight is kind of irrelevant. In fact all it does is lessen Celtics "monumental" achievement as its been achieved without any credible opposition whatsoever.

At the risk of sounding petty, I'll save my credit for teams like Forest, Arsenal and Juventus. Teams who didn't have such a massive advantage over their competitors when they achieved unbeaten runs and multiple trophies.

I can't actually believe there are Hibs fans who are positive about this in any way at all as it's basically the scenario we've all been dreading. They've become that powerful that they've won every trophy and almost every game.

Of course Celtic have done something right that they didn't do in the past but the only thing I see is the ultimate indication that out game is unbalanced, lop-sided and totally ****ed as far as competition is concerned.

10/10

Col_0762
28-05-2017, 06:52 AM

Spot on. Give those absolutely ****my *******s nothing. Utter **** of a club. Terrorist glorifying, Irish arselicking ****s. There's not one inch of that club that deserves anything! I hope Rodgers does stay for "ten in a row", another prick that likes to say things that make him sound a little more intelligent than a child licking a window! The money they have compared to everyone else, they should be doing this all the time. How any Hibby can have any time for those ****s makes me feel sick. Vile!!

SOLGirl
28-05-2017, 06:59 AM
And bear in mind, this was only their fourth treble by all accounts. To do it undefeated across the three competitions is a phenomenal achievement.
Let's fave it, in 2 out of the 3 competitions it's necessary to go unbeaten in order to win the cups. The league is the main one however they shouldn't expect anything less based on their budget. If Chelsea were beating the likes of Forest Green and Lincoln City every week (similar budget comparison) I'm not sure it would be thought of as an unbelievable feat.

Eyrie
28-05-2017, 09:47 AM
I don't like Celtc anymore than the next sensible football fan does, but I do give them credit for completing an entire season unbeaten domestically. If it was that easy to achieve, then when was it last managed by any club?

I reserve the right to change my opinion if they manage to repeat the feat next year, but they won't.

emerald green
28-05-2017, 09:56 AM

Juventus! That's a good one. :rolleyes: See link below.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/jul/15/newsstory.europeanfootball

Scouse Hibee
28-05-2017, 10:03 AM
Going unbeaten in cup comps is achieved every year.

Special to do it in all three though whatever the opposition or financial advantage.

Sir David Gray
28-05-2017, 10:23 AM
Spot on. Give those absolutely ****my *******s nothing. Utter **** of a club. Terrorist glorifying, Irish arselicking ****s. There's not one inch of that club that deserves anything! I hope Rodgers does stay for "ten in a row", another prick that likes to say things that make him sound a little more intelligent than a child licking a window! The money they have compared to everyone else, they should be doing this all the time. How any Hibby can have any time for those ****s makes me feel sick. Vile!!

If only Hibs.net had a Like button...

Swedish hibee
28-05-2017, 11:11 AM

It's never a good thing for a country to have one club to win everything. And the scary thing is that the gulf shall get wider. I'm horrified more than excited for sure...

hibby6270
28-05-2017, 11:49 AM
David Gray>Rogic
Us>Them

On assumption the > symbol means 'greater than', then the following could be added.

SoL>YNWA

:thumbsup::flag:

Iggy Pope
28-05-2017, 04:23 PM
Let's fave it, in 2 out of the 3 competitions it's necessary to go unbeaten in order to win the cups. The league is the main one however they shouldn't expect anything less based on their budget. If Chelsea were beating the likes of Forest Green and Lincoln City every week (similar budget comparison) I'm not sure it would be thought of as an unbelievable feat.

It is now, but for 40 odd years or so it was very possible to get beaten in a single league cup game and get to the final or win it.
We did both in our time. 1972 and 1985.
Going unbeaten in an entire domestic season is remarkable.

Iggy Pope
28-05-2017, 04:23 PM

Or a 'rant' button.

Eyrie
28-05-2017, 05:57 PM
It is now, but for 40 odd years or so it was very possible to get beaten in a single league cup game and get to the final or win it.
We did both in our time. 1972 and 1985.
Going unbeaten in an entire domestic season is remarkable.

The current League Cup format starts with a group stage, so it is possible to have a defeat at that point but still progress and win the competition.

Iggy Pope
28-05-2017, 06:12 PM
The current League Cup format starts with a group stage, so it is possible to have a defeat at that point but still progress and win the competition.

Very true.

GreenLake
28-05-2017, 10:05 PM
Celtic - always in our hoops.

majorhibs
28-05-2017, 10:51 PM

Wow! Bigots are us! Get an effin grip! tic are 3rd worst in Scotland, Poppy thieves obv. lowest of the low, but it would seem your glory boys the huns, they stoop so low, past & present, that it just seems your gonnae have to suck up yer seethe & hopefully at yer funny handshake place someone'll calm ye doon a bit. Aw that or*ngen#ss doesnae seem to be daein your blood pressure any good!

majorhibs
28-05-2017, 10:57 PM

You & yer mate elsewhere in the thread, nae matter how much you's try, maist Hibees just arenae goin for this funny handshake caper. Dislike tics aw ye want, nae time for them masel, but their thousands ae times better than the hun ****bag hordes! That's right Falkirk Hibee, **** huns.

Sir David Gray
29-05-2017, 08:14 AM
You & yer mate elsewhere in the thread, nae matter how much you's try, maist Hibees just arenae goin for this funny handshake caper. Dislike tics aw ye want, nae time for them masel, but their thousands ae times better than the hun ****bag hordes! That's right Falkirk Hibee, **** huns.

You seem rather obsessed with my posts on this subject, it's not the first time you've made comments like this towards me.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to suggest but if I annoy you so much, perhaps it would be better if you stuck me on ignore.

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2017, 11:22 AM

Wow.

Hero76
29-05-2017, 11:59 AM

:top marks

NAE NOOKIE
29-05-2017, 12:55 PM
Going a whole season unbeaten is an achievement to be sure, no matter how much better off financially Celtic are the players on the park still need to get through 50 odd games without defeat and that's not to be sniffed at .... there are still banana skins like St Johnstone away and Pittodrie to negotiate.

But having said that, there cant have been a time in the history of Scottish football where a Celtic team was as well placed to achieve an unbeaten season than now ...... the financial gulf between them and the rest has risen from huge to stratospheric, if that needs illustrating then consider the fact that at 1 - 1 in a tough game they were able to substitute a player worth 12 million quid and leave a guy they think is worth 40 million on the bench. If that isn't a stratospheric gulf in player resources compared to everybody else I cant imagine what is.

So yes, I'm willing to give the Celtic players credit for doing their jobs ...... but for Celtic as a club the honest truth is that there isn't much to crow about when your achievement is the football equivalent of Mike Tyson knocking out the guy who advertises 'Mr Muscle'

snooky
29-05-2017, 01:07 PM
I don't like Celtc anymore than the next sensible football fan does, but I do give them credit for completing an entire season unbeaten domestically. If it was that easy to achieve, then when was it last managed by any club?

I reserve the right to change my opinion if they manage to repeat the feat next year, but they won't.

I don't really buy into the praise for Celtic's unbeaten record. In boxing world terms, with their financial clout, the fight wouldn't be allowed.
It's Tyson Fury fighting wee Jimmy fi' Ecclefechan.

ErinGoBraghHFC
29-05-2017, 01:09 PM
Spot on. Give those absolutely ****my *******s nothing. Utter **** of a club. Terrorist glorifying, Irish arselicking ****s. There's not one inch of that club that deserves anything! I hope Rodgers does stay for "ten in a row", another prick that likes to say things that make him sound a little more intelligent than a child licking a window! The money they have compared to everyone else, they should be doing this all the time. How any Hibby can have any time for those ****s makes me feel sick. Vile!! you don't happen to have pumped a goat at any point yer life have ye?? :greengrin erin go bragh xx

snooky
29-05-2017, 01:31 PM
A bit silly but ....
Imagine the teams below are in a 100 yds handicap sprint and they get a yard start for every million they are worth.
I've rounded off the values taken from an article in The Scotsman in 2015.
http://www.scotsman.com/business/how-much-are-scotland-s-top-football-clubs-worth-1-3903530
(Don't know how they got the TRFC figure :confused:)

Celtic £47m
Rangers £31m (???)
Hibs £15m
Kilmarnock £11m
Partick £4m
Ross Co £3m
St Johnstone £2m
Dundee U £1.1m
Hearts £1.1m
Motherwell £700k
ICT £300k
Hamilton £100k
Dundee -£110k

majorhibs
29-05-2017, 09:54 PM
You seem rather obsessed with my posts on this subject, it's not the first time you've made comments like this towards me.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to suggest but if I annoy you so much, perhaps it would be better if you stuck me on ignore.

FalkirkHibee, you don't annoy me in the slightest. I find it highly amusing when you keep on re-affirming your orangeness & anti tic-ness, you are really quite heavy on it, are most of your muckers fi Falkirk the same way inclined, are you the new Airdrie? :flag:

Sir David Gray
29-05-2017, 10:02 PM
FalkirkHibee, you don't annoy me in the slightest. I find it highly amusing when you keep on re-affirming your orangeness & anti tic-ness, you are really quite heavy on it, are most of your muckers fi Falkirk the same way inclined, are you the new Airdrie? :flag:

This thread is about Celtic, not Rangers so logic says that I would comment on them. If you care to look at any of my posts on any threads which regularly come up on here regarding Celtic and Rangers, you will see that I am quite consistent in my extreme loathing of the pair of them. If you wish to start a thread about everything that's bad about Rangers FC then feel free to crack on, I'm sure I'll be along at some point to state how much I dislike them, just as I have done many times in the past.

However since this thread is about Celtic, I'll stick to criticising them, if that's ok with you.

It's nice you clearly spend so much time analysing my posts though.

Kavinho
30-05-2017, 10:48 AM
Wow.

Glad that it wasn't just me thinking that

Eyrie
30-05-2017, 07:58 PM
I don't really buy into the praise for Celtic's unbeaten record. In boxing world terms, with their financial clout, the fight wouldn't be allowed.
It's Tyson Fury fighting wee Jimmy fi' Ecclefechan.

I think your comparison would be fair if I was praising Celtc for winning the treble. That can be done on a regular enough basis (think I read it's the eleventh time in Scotland) that it's not worth comment by anyone other than the team concerned.

On the other hand I think you need to consider how often a club manages to go an entire 38 game league campaign unbeaten as well as two cup competitions. That is a one-off, as far as I know, even with Celtc's financial advantage and that makes it worth acknowledging.