PDA

View Full Version : English football transfers

Ozyhibby
27-05-2017, 09:57 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11686/10894568/watford-captain-troy-deeney-could-cost-clubs-32m-due-to-the-nature-of-his-release-clause

For anyone who thinks £2m is too much for Jason Cummings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
27-05-2017, 10:08 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11686/10894568/watford-captain-troy-deeney-could-cost-clubs-32m-due-to-the-nature-of-his-release-clause

For anyone who thinks £2m is too much for Jason Cummings.

Funnily enough I saw that on SSN earlier this morning and my immediate thought was WTF and I don't normally swear. It's up there with the £40M that Dembele of Celtic is valued at by the club. Granted that he's scored a barrow load of goals but he would be lucky to get into double figures in the EPL.

Average players demanding top money and earning more in a year than most of us earn in a lifetime in jobs that we don't even like. The world has gone mad.

Eyrie
27-05-2017, 10:14 AM
I'm not quite old enough to remember the reaction to Trevor Francis being the first £1m player, but I do remember the outrage when AC Milan paid a then world record £15m for Lentini.

Fast forward two decades and players who are good but not outstanding in their own league are being priced at double that :rolleyes:

I also have a vague memory of Souness paying £2m for someone at Huns RIP and commenting that no player was worth that money but it was the price that had to be paid. Deeney certainly won't provide £32m of value to whoever pays that for him.

Baader
27-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Troy Deeney could go for almost as much as City paid for Aguero then... I know it was a few years ago but come on.

Zazu62
27-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Troy Deeney 😂

HFCdeb
27-05-2017, 10:31 AM
Even the £25m that West Brom want to pay for him is insane. Troy Deeney ffs 😂

MWHIBBIES
27-05-2017, 10:44 AM
Do people really think he is going to move for that much? He has a clause and Watford wont sell him so if he is going to move the clause will have to be triggered.

Jason would do well to achieve half of what Deeney has, very solid player.

Folk on here constantly go on about the English TV money but then laugh when English clubs pay big money for players. If Deeney scored 10 goals and got West Brom 15 points next season he'd be worth that much to them.

iwasthere1972
27-05-2017, 10:44 AM
Even the £25m that West Brom want to pay for him is insane. Troy Deeney ffs ��

:agree: WBA could pay £10m for Jason and still have enough money left over to buy McGinn.

SChibs
27-05-2017, 10:57 AM
Who's gonna be the first to claim Jason Cummings is better than troy deeney then?

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2017, 11:28 AM
Who's gonna be the first to claim Jason Cummings is better than troy deeney then?

Nobody is saying JC is better than Deeney ...... but having watched the guy on the telly I cant say I would have put him anywhere near 35 million quid, he looks like a guy at the arse end of his career who is playing from memory ... the fact that the English market is so hyper that even an average player like him is being quoted as being worth that is the issue ....... I first saw the figure mentioned on 'teletext' and I nearly burst out laughing.

If Troy Deeney ..... an honest player who I have nothing against .... is worth £35,000,000 then JC if only because of his potential is worth £5,000,000 because that certainly appears to be the market we are operating in.

SirDavidsNapper
27-05-2017, 11:35 AM
Who is Troy Deeney?

heretoday
27-05-2017, 11:58 AM
Deeney is bigger and stronger than Cummings and he has to be because defenders in the prem are better than anything north of the border. There's no comparison really.

hfc rd
27-05-2017, 11:59 AM
I'm not quite old enough to remember the reaction to Trevor Francis being the first £1m player, but I do remember the outrage when AC Milan paid a then world record £15m for Lentini.

Fast forward two decades and players who are good but not outstanding in their own league are being priced at double that :rolleyes:

I also have a vague memory of Souness paying £2m for someone at Huns RIP and commenting that no player was worth that money but it was the price that had to be paid. Deeney certainly won't provide £32m of value to whoever pays that for him.

Was it Barry Ferguson?

Ozyhibby
27-05-2017, 12:36 PM
When an English championship team are struggling come Xmas and want a striker then we should lend them Cummings till the end of the season. 6 months scoring goals down there and we'll £10m for him.

hibsbollah
27-05-2017, 01:27 PM
I expected troy deeney to be a the celtc target in the summer for some reason. But I never imagined he'd be worth £10 million let alone £35.

Andy74
27-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Who is Troy Deeney?

He's captain of an EPL team with a scoring record for them better than 1 in 3.

I'm not sure why people continue to be surprised by market prices these days. Teenagers who've done nothing but have some potential are going for more than that.

As for Cummings, if these teams really thought they could get such a bargain, then they would. I'm sure they'd prefer to pay £2m or £3m for a player of similar ability to one they could get for £20m.

hibs#1
27-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Real Madrid signed 16 year old vinuis junior for 38 million earlier in the week.

Talk of man Utd 200 plus million for 4 players in the summer crazy times.

ian cruise
27-05-2017, 02:36 PM
When an English championship team are struggling come Xmas and want a striker then we should lend them Cummings till the end of the season. 6 months scoring goals down there and we'll £10m for him.

Problem would be if it's a side struggling he might not get that much support and not get a huge amount of goals. Leigh struggled at that level and I think he's a striker who is better at creating chances for himself than Jace, as great a player as I think JC is.

hibs#1
27-05-2017, 03:09 PM
Problem would be if it's a side struggling he might not get that much support and not get a huge amount of goals. Leighton struggled at that level and I think he's a striker who is better at creating chances for himself than Jace, as great a player as I think JC is.

Can't remember jim Leighton creating any chances for himself 😉

ian cruise
27-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Can't remember jim Leighton creating any chances for himself 😉

Ha! Bloomin autocorrect. Meant Leigh G. Good spot, makes me wonder how many times I type Jim Leighton for my phone to correct Leigh to that though!

hibs#1
27-05-2017, 03:43 PM
Ha! Bloomin autocorrect. Meant Leigh G. Good spot, makes me wonder how many times I type Jim Leighton for my phone to correct Leigh to that though!

Happens to the best of us haha.id imagine you would lose a few years trying that.

brog
27-05-2017, 05:02 PM
Imagine what he'd be worth if he could trap a ball!

GreenNWhiteArmy
27-05-2017, 05:18 PM
One of the biggest problems we've got is we compare ourselves to the premiership down south which is just daft.

We should be ramping up interest in our own game via marketing and making it a more desirable place to play.

It's also upto the clubs to have a stronger hand in negotiations. Young players should he on long term contracts and if clubs want to buy then extract as much pennies as you possibly can before selling. Simple

**** Troy Deeney and **** Watford or West Bromwich. They may have millions to spend because of the league they're in but fans have never witnessed real success.

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2017, 02:04 PM
One of the biggest problems we've got is we compare ourselves to the premiership down south which is just daft.

We should be ramping up interest in our own game via marketing and making it a more desirable place to play.

It's also upto the clubs to have a stronger hand in negotiations. Young players should he on long term contracts and if clubs want to buy then extract as much pennies as you possibly can before selling. Simple

**** Troy Deeney and **** Watford or West Bromwich. They may have millions to spend because of the league they're in but fans have never witnessed real success.

Surely you can respect the folk who follow these clubs a bit more than that then .... its not easy following a club who never win anything, no matter what league they play in.

But I get what you mean in another way .... I heard an English premiership manager on talk sport the other day being told how chuffed he must be with the clubs 'successful season' .... cant remember which club it was, but they had escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth. Proof if it were needed that its all about the money.

Is It On....
28-05-2017, 11:34 PM
Who is Troy Deeney?

Correct question..