PDA

View Full Version : This night...

Jamesie
26-05-2017, 11:03 PM
...has had some bittersweet memories given it is our last evening as Scottish Cup holders - at least for now! It is fitting that we held that title for a year *and* a week given how long we had to wait to regain it.

I'm 36 and I sincerely hope tonight isn't the last night in my life I go to sleep with Hibs holding the Scottish Cup but I won't be too selfish - if it is then I have been far more fortunate than so many of our forebearers to see the old trophy return to Easter Road. And their memory marches on.

penihibs
26-05-2017, 11:12 PM
Never thought about that, sitting watching Time for Heroes.
I'm kicking on for 60 I'll never have a better day in my life.
God Bless the Hibs.

NASAHIBS
27-05-2017, 05:22 AM
...has had some bittersweet memories given it is our last evening as Scottish Cup holders - at least for now! It is fitting that we held that title for a year *and* a week given how long we had to wait to regain it.

I'm 36 and I sincerely hope tonight isn't the last night in my life I go to sleep with Hibs holding the Scottish Cup but I won't be too selfish - if it is then I have been far more fortunate than so many of our forebearers to see the old trophy return to Easter Road. And their memory marches on.

God Bless the Hibs.

I'm with you both on this guys. The last year(and a bit) has been the most amazing feeling. The way we done it, how we done it and who it was against, the best ever feeling and emotions. I had been dreaming of that day all my life, and our team of heroes along with Stubbsy and the backroom team, made all our dreams come true.

HibbyDave
27-05-2017, 07:35 AM
It's my birthday today AND WE ARE STILL THE CUP HOLDERS!
GGTTH

Frazerbob
27-05-2017, 08:18 AM

Couple of beers last night Geebsie? Getting all emotional haha

SirDavidsNapper
27-05-2017, 09:44 AM
God Bless the Hibs.

I'm worried I've peaked at 33 🙈

HibbyDave
27-05-2017, 10:57 AM
It's my birthday today AND WE ARE STILL THE CUP HOLDERS!
GGTTH

Jamesie
27-05-2017, 10:59 AM
Couple of beers last night Geebsie? Getting all emotional haha

Believe it or not that was sober!

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2017, 11:55 AM
We have been the best cup holders for decades .... no club has taken the opportunity to take the cup out and about to the people like we have, more folk have probably seen and touched the trophy in the last year than have in the last 100 years.

What a year it has been and Hibs deserve huge credit for the way we have grasped the opportunity to use the cup to promote the club, an example other clubs would do well to follow.

If Celtic win it today it will just get bunged into a cupboard along with their other 30 odd replicas and their thoughts will immediately turn to the champions league ..... that's understandable I suppose, but when it comes to the Scottish cup it seems to me its a lot better for the competitions image if a club like us wins it.

Cheerio auld girl ..... for now :greengrin

Pretty Boy
27-05-2017, 12:19 PM
Bittersweet.

Sad that as of 4.45ish we are no longer holders. Happy that we experienced something generations didn't. The memories will last a lifetime.

jacomo
27-05-2017, 07:05 PM
Bittersweet.

Sad that as of 4.45ish we are no longer holders. Happy that we experienced something generations didn't. The memories will last a lifetime.

For me, it was done after the semi final. But we took our Cup defence back to Hampden, which was a very respectable effort.

erin go bragh
27-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Liam Henderson to deliver , has retained the cup .

poolman
28-05-2017, 12:01 AM

36 ya lucky git 😁

I'm coming up 64 and honestly really don't care if we win it again in my life I have ahead ( obviously I would love them to of course )

But I waited all these years for them to do it and it will never take away the pride and joy I have had the last 12 months 😂

SON OF PADDY
28-05-2017, 08:04 AM
We have been the best cup holders for decades .... no club has taken the opportunity to take the cup out and about to the people like we have, more folk have probably seen and touched the trophy in the last year than have in the last 100 years.

What a year it has been and Hibs deserve huge credit for the way we have grasped the opportunity to use the cup to promote the club, an example other clubs would do well to follow.

If Celtic win it today it will just get bunged into a cupboard along with their other 30 odd replicas and their thoughts will immediately turn to the champions league ..... that's understandable I suppose, but when it comes to the Scottish cup it seems to me its a lot better for the competitions image if a club like us wins it.

Cheerio auld girl ..... for now :greengrin

Very nicely worded NAE NOOKIE😀
But now that we've had a taste of success,I don't think it will be long before we win it again. 😁