PDA

View Full Version : Which Player?

CMurdoch
26-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Which player currently playing in Scotland for any team other than Celtic would improve the present Hibs the most.

Ma pick is Johnny Hayes.
Impresses me every time i see him. Clever player who works hard, sets up and scores goals.
A collossas at our level. Aberdeen are lucky to have him.

Andy74
26-05-2017, 10:03 AM
Rooney.

Since90+2
26-05-2017, 10:10 AM
Liam Boyce or Jonny Hayes.

ekhibee
26-05-2017, 11:10 AM
Tavernier :offski:

Big_Franck
26-05-2017, 11:15 AM
Which player currently playing in Scotland for any team other than Celtic would improve the present Hibs the most.

Ma pick is Johnny Hayes.
Impresses me every time i see him. Clever player who works hard, sets up and scores goals.
A collossas at our level. Aberdeen are lucky to have him.

Yeah I'd go for Hayes as well. Closely followed by Graeme Shinnie, especially if we played him at left back.

JeMeSouviens
26-05-2017, 11:20 AM
Nobody going for Malaury Martin then? :confused:

:lolyam:

SirDavidsNapper
26-05-2017, 11:45 AM
Crawford from Hamilton

CMurdoch
26-05-2017, 11:47 AM
Nobody going for Malaury Martin then? :confused:

:lolyam:

No even Hearts fans goin' for him
We cannae get him anyway as he has a contract to the end of the decade and due to his ability with a free kick a £1 million release fee :greengrin.

Unseen work
26-05-2017, 11:49 AM
Hayes by a country mile.

frazeHFC
26-05-2017, 11:50 AM
Hayes all day long for me too.

lyonhibs
26-05-2017, 11:57 AM
Hayes. Great wee player, exactly what we've been crying out for for about 10 years!!!

R'Albin
26-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Rooney.

He would improve us but he hasn't been as good this past season.

He's comfortably behind Hayes, McLean, Logan and Shinnie in terms of players who would improve us from that Aberdeen squad at the moment IMO.

Swedish hibee
26-05-2017, 12:17 PM
Scott Bain. We need a decent goalie, and behind a decent defence- I reckon he'd do well.

yonder1875
26-05-2017, 12:21 PM
Scott Bain. We need a decent goalie, and behind a decent defence- I reckon he'd do well.

Would rather we signed Marciano than Scott Bain.

Dashing Bob S
26-05-2017, 12:23 PM
Perry Kitchen

Mike Berry
26-05-2017, 12:23 PM
I agree that we need a better goalie. I've never been totally convinced by Rocky. But Lenny seems set on him.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
26-05-2017, 12:38 PM
I agree that we need a better goalie. I've never been totally convinced by Rocky. But Lenny seems set on him.

Sent from my MotoG3 using TapatalkAye, because Lennon is rightfully totally convinced by him. Scott Bain couldn't lace Rockys boots.

Mike Berry
26-05-2017, 01:15 PM
I don't think Scott Bain is the answer, neither is Rocky. He's good, but I've seen him make more mistakes this season than we can afford. He's not a top class keeper.

CallumLaidlaw
26-05-2017, 01:17 PM
I don't think Scott Bain is the answer, neither is Rocky. He's good, but I've seen him make more mistakes this season than we can afford. He's not a top class keeper.

Quite surprised at this. In Scottish football terms, Rocky is a VERY good goalkeeper.

Keyser Sauzee
26-05-2017, 01:20 PM

Ur spraffing ***** mate

MWHIBBIES
26-05-2017, 01:21 PM

Sent from my MotoG3 using TapatalkList them then, he has made very few mistakes this season.

There are about 10 top class keepers in this world, none of them will ever play for Hibs.

Mike Berry
26-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Semifinal for a start. He's only marginally better than Ross Laidlaw.

MWHIBBIES
26-05-2017, 01:27 PM

Sent from my MotoG3 using TapatalkAny others? Just the free kick in the semi which was also very much McGeouchs fault?

makaveli1875

are you serious ? he's the best keeper weve had in years

HoboHarry

Aye right you are then. I'm waiting with baited breath on your next attempt at a wind up. Or not........

PeterboroHibee
26-05-2017, 01:30 PM

We hardly conceded any goals this season, so I dont think thats true. Hes been part of one of the strongest defences in Scotland (possibly the strongest?).

we are hibs
26-05-2017, 01:37 PM

he's quite a distance ahead of laidlaw

GreenLake
26-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Perry Kitchen

No, let's not sink to his level.

Pretty Boy
26-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Marciano made errors in the semi and v St Mirren, both of which also included errors from other players. He had 2 top class stops in the game at Tynecastle and a great save away v Ayr as well. Apart from that he's been solid and reliable and the defence take confidence from that. A lot of the best goalkeepers don't make spectacular saves week in, week out. They just do the basics well.

With Marciano and Laidlaw we are as strong as we have been in the goalkeeping department for a while. I really hope both are here next season. Hopefully Rocky improves the consistency of his kicking though. One minute he's like Van Der Sar spraying 60 yard passes, the next he brings back memories of Jim Leightons kicking.

CorrieHibs
26-05-2017, 01:47 PM
Marciano made errors in the semi and v St Mirren, both of which also included errors from other players. He had 2 top class stops in the game at Tynecastle and a great save away v Ayr as well. Apart from that he's been solid and reliable and the defence take confidence from that. A lot of the best goalkeepers don't make spectacular saves week in, week out. They just do the basics well.

With Marciano and Laidlaw we are as strong as we have been in the goalkeeping department for a while. I really hope both are here next season. Hopefully Rocky improves the consistency of his kicking though. One minute he's like Van Der Sar spraying 60 yard passes, the next he brings back memories of Jim Leightons kicking.

He also got us a point against Dunfermline when we went to pot.

I think Rocky has been good. Best keeper we've had in years.

Allant1981
26-05-2017, 01:48 PM

sorry but thats just rubbish and you are clearly at it

WoreTheGreen
26-05-2017, 01:50 PM
No, let's not sink to his level.

Think he was tapped by Levien

snooky
26-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Quite surprised at this. In Scottish football terms, Rocky is a VERY good goalkeeper.
And in Hibs terms. We've had some howlers.

DavidDavidGray
26-05-2017, 02:03 PM
I'd go for Kenny McLean. Really like the look of him and would provide a bit of creativity that we've been lacking at times this season

Swedish hibee
26-05-2017, 02:34 PM
Oops re my reply.. What did I start!!!!
This thread is outwith Celtic, playing in Scotland who would you want to sign... We need a keeper, so I went for one. That's all folks.

SouthMoroccoStu
26-05-2017, 02:39 PM
I think Rocky has been good. Best keeper we've had in years.

And have you seen his wife?!?

This alone would justify a 5 year deal for Rocky

And we can get her to model the new shirt!

SRHibs
26-05-2017, 02:43 PM

I think Rocky's kicking has always been good. He's extremely calm when the ball's played back to him, even when being closed down by the opposition. Laidlaw is definitely less confident, and takes an absolute age to kick it which is ridiculously infuriating when we're behind and there's minimal time left.

BH Hibs
26-05-2017, 02:47 PM
Perry Kitchen

Would rather sign Perry Como.

Christ I'm getting old. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
26-05-2017, 02:48 PM
I think Rocky's kicking has always been good. He's extremely calm when the ball's played back to him, even when being closed down by the opposition. Laidlaw is definitely less confident, and takes an absolute age to kick it which is ridiculously infuriating when we're behind and there's minimal time left.
His kicking under pressure is great.

When he has time though he seems to have that weird slicing across the ball technique that means he can be a bit erratic at times.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Juice-Terry
26-05-2017, 02:55 PM
The second goal in the semi was not Rocky's fault. The 'wall' was to blame for that one.

Andy74
26-05-2017, 03:55 PM
He would improve us but he hasn't been as good this past season.

He's comfortably behind Hayes, McLean, Logan and Shinnie in terms of players who would improve us from that Aberdeen squad at the moment IMO.

A big striker that also scores goals would have, for me, the biggest impact.

On other threads a new striker seems to be the consensus for the priority position to fill.

It's not going to happen of course but I think those others would be good additions but we have some options in those positions. Up front we basically have Cummings.

keep the faith
26-05-2017, 04:08 PM
Ali Crawford at hamilton

CMurdoch
26-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Hayes seems to be the player of choice for most folk followed by a number of his Aberdeen colleagues.

My second choice would be Boyce. Hibs need more goals and he would provide them.
Hayes would increase the service to Boyce and Cummings.

HFCdeb
26-05-2017, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE=BH Hibs;5052975]Would rather sign Perry Como.

Or Kevin and Perry.

Iceman1875
26-05-2017, 07:56 PM
Graeme Shinnie for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overdrive
27-05-2017, 08:26 AM
I wasn't sure about Marciano at the start of the season but he quickly won me over.

I'd go for Graeme Shinnie or Hayes.

HibernianJK
27-05-2017, 09:36 AM
I think both Bain and Rocky are smashing keepers and would be delighted with either in between the sticks.

To the OP, Hayes probably. But I want Boyce at Hibs so badly, think he'd be a brilliant player for us.

hfc rd
27-05-2017, 11:28 AM
Hayes as well for me too. Really wanted him when he was at Inverness. Was out of contract then and unsure why we never made an offer to him before the sheep got him.

Forza Fred
27-05-2017, 11:48 AM
Think he was tapped by Levien

Probably wanted him for the bench