PDA

View Full Version : McInnes

SirDavidsNapper
25-05-2017, 02:05 PM
2/1 for the Sunderland gig. Could be good news for us and unfortunately The Rangers

Diclonius
25-05-2017, 02:08 PM
Hope he goes. Unfortunately Aberdeen will then probably go for Tommy Wright.

snooky
25-05-2017, 02:19 PM

Or Neil Lennon :stirrer:

H18 SFR
25-05-2017, 02:21 PM

Theoretically, if the Dons approached Hibs, do you think Lennon would want to have the discussion with them?

Green Blood
25-05-2017, 02:24 PM

Stubbs, McLeish, Strachan as outside bets!

jacomo
25-05-2017, 02:26 PM
Theoretically, if the Dons approached Hibs, do you think Lennon would want to have the discussion with them?

What do you think?

Frankly if Lenny seriously thought the grass was greener at the Dons I would chuckle and let him go. No place for fools at our club.

Fortunately, I think he's a pretty smart guy.

H18 SFR
25-05-2017, 02:28 PM
What do you think?

Frankly if Lenny seriously thought the grass was greener at the Dons I would chuckle and let him go. No place for fools at our club.

Fortunately, I think he's a pretty smart guy.

Tend to agree with you, particularly the smart guy part.

H18 SFR
25-05-2017, 02:28 PM
Stubbs, McLeish, Strachan as outside bets!

Can't see Stubbs getting the job.

CMurdoch
25-05-2017, 02:48 PM
Wright would be a good fit for the Aberdeen job

Michael
25-05-2017, 02:53 PM
Mark McGhee would be ideal for Aberdeen IMO. He'd take them back to where they belong!

marinello59
25-05-2017, 03:31 PM
Mark McGhee would be ideal for Aberdeen IMO. He'd take them back to where they belong!

Butcher is the man to do that.

Big L
25-05-2017, 04:13 PM
Butcher is the man to that.

Like it!!

iwasthere1972
25-05-2017, 04:15 PM

Why would Lennon go to Aberdeen when he's already at the second best team in Scotland.

Wilson
25-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Aberdeen always have a certain attraction. In the same way people talk of potential at hibs there is potential at Aberdeen. You might hope that some prolonged success, in a one club city, might see them attract greater numbers than we can hope to.

They are a club too long in the doldrums and their support seems slow to return. Too many false dawns perhaps? The potential is still there though.

While there is little to choose between the clubs at the moment I think that if Lennon thought he would get a better wage and a bigger budget then he would at least hear them out.

makaveli1875
25-05-2017, 05:52 PM
losing Mcinnes would be a huge blow for the sheep . Theres nae chance of lennon going there so no need for us to worry . Surely Cathro will be high on their list if Mcinnes goes :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
25-05-2017, 05:58 PM
Aberdeen always have a certain attraction. In the same way people talk of potential at hibs there is potential at Aberdeen. You might hope that some prolonged success, in a one club city, might see them attract greater numbers than we can hope to.

They are a club too long in the doldrums and their support seems slow to return. Too many false dawns perhaps? The potential is still there though.

While there is little to choose between the clubs at the moment I think that if Lennon thought he would get a better wage and a bigger budget then he would at least hear them out.

They have reached their potential. 2nd 3 seasons in a row and two cup finals. Still attract dismal numbers.

ekhibee
25-05-2017, 06:01 PM
Well Bristol City didn't really work out, even if he did save them from relegation. He'd have more money to spend with Sunderland, reckon he might go for it. If Aberdeen were able to win the Scottish Cup his value goes up obviously, but I noticed Martin Bain, who was at Rangers when McInnes was there, is now on the board at Sunderland.

Diclonius
25-05-2017, 06:12 PM
Aberdeen season 2016-17: 2nd place in top division, finalist in national cup, runner-up in league cup.
Average attendance: 12,453, 3-4k behind two Edinburgh teams despite one having a poor season and one in division below.

I'd bolt at the first opportunity if that was the attendance I was getting. If either us or Hearts were having that level of consistent success we'd be selling out every week.

Eyrie
25-05-2017, 07:17 PM
They have reached their potential. 2nd 3 seasons in a row and two cup finals. Still attract dismal numbers.

It's a very good achievement. However that in itself could put a potential replacement off as it's difficult to see room for improvement, so realistically the only way is down.

The Spaceman
25-05-2017, 07:26 PM
Having lived in Aberdeen for 6 years...only way is down for them. They have already reached their fanbase potential. Hibs (and Hearts) can attract far bigger followings. Imagine if we were 2nd on top of the cup finals?

Col2
25-05-2017, 07:34 PM
Cathro anyone?

He should now understand the schematics of the stadium. He will want to stay in the moment and deal with the situation.

EricM
25-05-2017, 07:48 PM
Aberdeen aren't drawing big crowds despite their relative success over the past few seasons because of the huge job losses in the oil industry which the majority of people who live here work in.

Many people who live here are jobless, skint or have a real fear of losing their job in the near future so aren't spending money.

heretoday
25-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Can't see Stubbs getting the job.

Stubbsy will be back here after Lennon goes to the Dons.

Jones28
25-05-2017, 08:40 PM

I'd rather keep Lennon and let Stubbs go north tbh

snooky
25-05-2017, 08:55 PM

At that point Carlsberg will be told to GTF.

snedzuk
26-05-2017, 07:16 AM
losing Mcinnes would be a huge blow for the sheep . Theres nae chance of lennon going there so no need for us to worry . Surely Cathro will be high on their list if Mcinnes goes :greengrin

'A huge blow for the sheep'.......!

hibsboy07
26-05-2017, 07:32 AM
Aberdeen aren't drawing big crowds despite their relative success over the past few seasons because of the huge job losses in the oil industry which the majority of people who live here work in.

Many people who live here are jobless, skint or have a real fear of losing their job in the near future so aren't spending money.
Oh come on,Aberdeen couldn't fill their ground in the so called glory years.

marinello59
26-05-2017, 07:56 AM

Aberdeen have had garbage crowds for years. Possibly the most fickle fans in the country as well, when the going gets tough they disappear.

keep the faith
26-05-2017, 07:59 AM

No way Lennon would leave for Aberdeen. I do think Stubbs will be a stick on for them if mcinnes goes though.
I would personally be gutted to see Stubbs at another Scottish club.

JimBHibees
26-05-2017, 08:22 AM
Well Bristol City didn't really work out, even if he did save them from relegation. He'd have more money to spend with Sunderland, reckon he might go for it. If Aberdeen were able to win the Scottish Cup his value goes up obviously, but I noticed Martin Bain, who was at Rangers when McInnes was there, is now on the board at Sunderland.

McInnes will go down to Sunderland for a year or so and then return to Ibrox.

SirDavidsNapper
26-05-2017, 08:36 AM
Someone on the wind up saying Lennon would go to Aberdeen. Only Celtic or Rangers would be a step up. If McInnes goes we will finish above the Dons. Stubbs would be a good shout for them.

Frazerbob
26-05-2017, 09:07 AM
Lennon is despised by the Sheep fans. Not sure why but they absolutely hate him, more than any other support bar The Rangers maybe.

Stokesy's on fire
26-05-2017, 09:22 AM

During the oil boom the crowds were still poor at Aberdeen.

Stokesy's on fire
26-05-2017, 09:24 AM
Why would Lennon go to Aberdeen when he's already at the second best team in Scotland.

exactly

snooky
26-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Someone on the wind up saying Lennon would go to Aberdeen. Only Celtic or Rangers would be a step up. If McInnes goes we will finish above the Dons. Stubbs would be a good shout for them.

Fwiw, I wasn't really on the wind up. It was meant to a be tongue-in-cheek post for a laugh hence the pot-stirring smiley.

SirDavidsNapper
26-05-2017, 12:04 PM
During the oil boom the crowds were still poor at Aberdeen.

Yup. They were averaging around the same when they were winning everything in the 80's. They just don't have a big following.

ekhibee
28-05-2017, 04:58 PM
McInnes is now 1/2 for the Sunderland job with Skybet, the only other one anywhere near him in the betting is Nigel Clough at 4/1.

GreenNWhiteArmy
28-05-2017, 05:07 PM
The look on his face at full time told me he's a goner.

How do you progress a club like Aberdeen? Consecutively finish as the 2nd best team in the country? Reach cup finals regularly?

It's a tough one and, yeah a Scottish Cup win for them would be tremendous but even without that, if we were in the top flight finishing 2nd consistently and reaching cup finals we'd near sell out every other week imo

JimBHibees
29-05-2017, 08:15 AM
The look on his face at full time told me he's a goner.

How do you progress a club like Aberdeen? Consecutively finish as the 2nd best team in the country? Reach cup finals regularly?

It's a tough one and, yeah a Scottish Cup win for them would be tremendous but even without that, if we were in the top flight finishing 2nd consistently and reaching cup finals we'd near sell out every other week imo

I think he and the players would have been pretty annoyed at the Aberdeen fans leaving at the end rather than waiting to give them a clap when getting their medals. They had put in an excellent performance and deserved more than looking out over empty seats in their end of the ground.

Thecat23
29-05-2017, 08:38 AM

The Rangers wouldn't be a step up from Hibs. Sideways maybe but they are going for same type of players we are and looking in the same market. As a club they will NEVER recover from going bust and Celtic will win 15 in a row never mind ten.

JimBHibees
29-05-2017, 08:47 AM
The Rangers wouldn't be a step up from Hibs. Sideways maybe but they are going for same type of players we are and looking in the same market. As a club they will NEVER recover from going bust and Celtic will win 15 in a row never mind ten.

Arguable footballwise at present it would be a sideways move however on a personal level financially definitely would IMO.

Thecat23
29-05-2017, 08:56 AM
Arguable footballwise at present it would be a sideways move however on a personal level financially definitely would IMO.

If that's the case then Aberdeen would be there too then as they are paying more than us.

JimBHibees
29-05-2017, 08:59 AM
If that's the case then Aberdeen would be there too then as they are paying more than us.

I was thinking more of a managerial move, as Rangers wouldnt allow themselves to be seen to not be paying the manager a very good wage.

HFC07
29-05-2017, 09:11 AM
I doubt Lennon would want to go to Aberdeen after being spat on and coins thrown at him from the Dons fans at tyncastle during their semi final game v's st Johnstone.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13143647.Neil_Lennon_abused_and_spat_at_in_Tynecas tle_fan_attack/

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-05-2017, 09:13 AM
I think he and the players would have been pretty annoyed at the Aberdeen fans leaving at the end rather than waiting to give them a clap when getting their medals. They had put in an excellent performance and deserved more than looking out over empty seats in their end of the ground.

I guess that's kind of my point Jim. He has done a remarkable job at Aberdeen considering the years leading up to us being relegated they regularly finished in the bottom 6 as well.

And for what? Fans to turn their back on the club? Na he deserves much better than that for the work he's done up there.

Borderhibbie76
29-05-2017, 09:19 AM

Total exaggeration....I am up there for work a lot and there is still plenty of money floating around up there...yes the heady days of a few years back have gone but still plenty money up there mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

rupert.bollocks
29-05-2017, 09:41 AM
You would think Stubbsy would be a shout, surely?

Thecat23
29-05-2017, 09:50 AM
I was thinking more of a managerial move, as Rangers wouldnt allow themselves to be seen to not be paying the manager a very good wage.

Ah right, I'm still not convinced they have much money to be honest. I may be wrong but something tells me all is not as it seems at that club.

Lost_Mackem
29-05-2017, 11:50 AM
Got to be honest when I first heard we were linked with him I thought "who?". Since then however I have done some research into him and after watching the Scottish Cup final at the weekend I am warming to the idea of him being Sunderland manager. He'd now be my first choice, closely followed by Garry Monk.

Seveno
29-05-2017, 12:01 PM
Any manager would have to be crazy to take the Sunderland job while Short remains the owner.

NAE NOOKIE
29-05-2017, 12:04 PM
Got to be honest when I first heard we were linked with him I thought "who?". Since then however I have done some research into him and after watching the Scottish Cup final at the weekend I am warming to the idea of him being Sunderland manager. He'd now be my first choice, closely followed by Garry Monk.

Yeh .... he got his tactics pretty well spot on. Mind you when you have played a team 5 times already during the season you would think any manager worth his salt would be able to come up with a system to render them less effective, especially when its a club like Celtic who only know one way to play ...... thats probably not a luxury managers in the EFL enjoy.

Having said that McInnes did a good job, the fact is Aberdeen aren't the youngest team in the league and they probably lost because they ran out of steam more than anything.

jacomo
29-05-2017, 12:07 PM

The same happens with any losing side, maybe except Gretna.

You pay a lot of money to go to a final and often if you lose you just want to get away asap.

jacomo
29-05-2017, 12:09 PM
Any manager would have to be crazy to take the Sunderland job while Short remains the owner.

'Hi Derek, we are offering 4x your current salary + huge promotion bonus.'

EricM
29-05-2017, 12:13 PM
Total exaggeration....I am up there for work a lot and there is still plenty of money floating around up there...yes the heady days of a few years back have gone but still plenty money up there mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think I'm better placed to have an opinion on this. I've lived in Aberdeen for 10 years now and work for an oil company, I've experienced the downturn myself and this is what my work colleagues have been saying to me for the past couple of seasons.

PeeKay
29-05-2017, 08:40 PM
Yeh .... he got his tactics pretty well spot on.

Not sure that he did get it right. It was probably a mistake not to play Rooney from the start.

Stokesy's on fire
30-05-2017, 07:24 AM
I think I'm better placed to have an opinion on this. I've lived in Aberdeen for 10 years now and work for an oil company, I've experienced the downturn myself and this is what my work colleagues have been saying to me for the past couple of seasons.

Explain why Aberdeens crowds were crap during the oil boom then?

Aberdeen fans are using the downturn in oil as an excuse..Typical bleeting from them.

Scouse Hibee
30-05-2017, 08:09 AM
Yup. They were averaging around the same when they were winning everything in the 80's. They just don't have a big following.

If that's the case then you could say they have a loyal following who don't disappear when the going gets tough.

Michael
30-05-2017, 08:13 AM
Aberdeen used to always sell out the away end at Easter Road. They stopped this roughly when Calderwood took them over IIRC.

Stokesy's on fire
30-05-2017, 09:02 AM
If that's the case then you could say they have a loyal following who don't disappear when the going gets tough.

Their fans are the first to disappear when the going gets tough.

CropleyWasGod
30-05-2017, 09:06 AM
Their fans are the first to disappear when the going gets tough.

This suggests otherwise. Apart from 2/3 seasons a few years ago, their average has held up pretty well for about 20 years.

http://www.fitbastats.com/aberdeen/club_records_league_attendance.php

WhileTheChief..
30-05-2017, 09:08 AM
Explain why Aberdeens crowds were crap during the oil boom then?

Aberdeen fans are using the downturn in oil as an excuse..Typical bleeting from them.

Are they bleating about anything though??

Constantly hear other fans banging on about Aberdeen in the 80s yet never hear them go on about it themselves.

I've never come across any Aberdeen fans that talk about being a big club, 2nd force in Scottish football, attendances or anything like that.

I've always thought they were quite like us in that they just went about their business quietly and played by the rules.

We we don't need to hate every other club do we?!

Stokesy's on fire
30-05-2017, 09:19 AM

Constantly hear other fans banging on about Aberdeen in the 80s yet never hear them go on about it themselves.

I've never come across any Aberdeen fans that talk about being a big club, 2nd force in Scottish football, attendances or anything like that.

I've always thought they were quite like us in that they just went about their business quietly and played by the rules.

Aberdeen fans are just as deluded as the Jambos. I live in Aberdeen and the trash talk from them is unreal.

cabbageandribs1875
30-05-2017, 11:33 AM
paul lambert has left wolves, citing he couldn't work with the clubs new transfer policy, some agent gadgy that has close ties to the club owner

Billy Whizz
30-05-2017, 05:13 PM
paul lambert has left wolves, citing he couldn't work with the clubs new transfer policy, some agent gadgy that has close ties to the club owner

Mendes the so called super agent

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
30-05-2017, 05:30 PM

Agree wirh this. Aberdeen fans i know have always been as self depricating and fatalistic as hibs fans.

ekhibee
30-05-2017, 07:58 PM
Lambert's joint fav for the Hull job, McInnes now 2/7 for the Sunderland gig, and Jack Ross 1/3 for Dundee. Just saying like.

snooky
30-05-2017, 08:39 PM
Lambert's joint fav for the Hull job, McInnes now 2/7 for the Sunderland gig, and Jack Ross 1/3 for Dundee. Just saying like.

Worth a treble? :dunno:

tamig
30-05-2017, 09:22 PM
This suggests otherwise. Apart from 2/3 seasons a few years ago, their average has held up pretty well for about 20 years.

http://www.fitbastats.com/aberdeen/club_records_league_attendance.php
Those stats look dubious. What's the number of games column - the number of games they based the average on? They didn't have a crowd less than 16.7k in 2014/15? Aye, that'll be right. Think those numbers are nonsense.

tamig
30-05-2017, 09:26 PM
Mendes the so called super agent

And one of his clients appointed the new manager.

brianmc
30-05-2017, 09:36 PM
Those stats look dubious. What's the number of games column - the number of games they based the average on? They didn't have a crowd less than 16.7k in 2014/15? Aye, that'll be right. Think those numbers are nonsense.

Lowest home attendance was against livi,6454

Average was 13,359

2015/16 was 13,094
2016/17 was 12,640

A steady decline despite an upturn in onfield performances.

tamig
30-05-2017, 09:46 PM
Lowest home attendance was against livi,6454

Average was 13,359

2015/16 was 13,094
2016/17 was 12,640

A steady decline despite an upturn in onfield performances.

So where did that site get it's stats from? What a load of nonsense it was. Their lowest attendance may have been against Livi - but not in the league. The stats are meant to be league crowds. Garbage though.

Sean1875
01-06-2017, 12:49 PM
Ryan Giggs now favourite for the job.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-06-2017, 01:34 PM

Id always believed that Hibs are the only non-old firm team to average over 30k for a season, but that site has the dons doing it twice??

The averages on there do all look suspiciously high?

Scottie
01-06-2017, 04:11 PM
Ryan Giggs now favourite for the job.
What Aberdeen ? :dunno:

YehButNoBut
13-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Looks like McInnes is off to Sunderland giving Aberdeen £1 million compensation, help them strengthen their side but lose a good manager.

Derek McInnes will take charge of Sunderland (http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/sunderland-afc) this week in a £1million “transfer” from Aberdeen.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sunderland-close-landing-aberdeen-manager-10617655

Pedantic_Hibee
13-06-2017, 07:21 PM
Derek McInnes and Kevin Thomson look remarkably similar as the years go by.

Is It On....
13-06-2017, 07:49 PM
If McInnes goes to Sunderland..he will have the £16m down payment from Pickford burning a hole in his pocket...and what better way to invest it than a young 20 a season goal scoring cup winning prospect that he knows from Scotland.

Michael
13-06-2017, 07:59 PM
If McInnes goes to Sunderland..he will have the £16m down payment from Pickford burning a hole in his pocket...and what better way to invest it than a young 20 a season goal scoring cup winning prospect that he knows from Scotland.

Agreed, hopefully Dembele leaves before we have to face him. :greengrin

PatHead
13-06-2017, 10:03 PM

Seemingly Sunderland are in a lot of debt and any fee will be used to reduce it.

AugustaHibs
13-06-2017, 10:07 PM
Knowing him and his family personally it's a great move for him - on a football note he's done great with Aberdeen so deserved his chance down south

Nevi_SOL
13-06-2017, 11:04 PM
Scotland manager in 2 years time

DarlingtonHibee
14-06-2017, 08:59 AM
Seemingly Sunderland are in a lot of debt and any fee will be used to reduce it.

£137m debt. £83m wage bill. Bank wants £20m.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-06-2017, 09:44 AM
Sunderland offering him treble his salary. From 300k at Dons to 900k at Sunderland.

JimBHibees
14-06-2017, 09:47 AM

was thinking more than likely Rangers manager in 2 years

BigT-Hibeez
14-06-2017, 09:49 AM

After Moyes gets sacked..

Billy Whizz
14-06-2017, 09:49 AM
was thinking more than likely Rangers manager in 2 years

I know his cousins well, they've said he would never join Rangers with the current board in place

JimBHibees
14-06-2017, 09:58 AM
I know his cousins well, they've said he would never join Rangers with the current board in place

Difficult moving from Aberdeen to Rangers I think more easy if he was out of a job irrespective who was in charge.

Lost_Mackem
15-06-2017, 09:46 AM
£137m debt. £83m wage bill. Bank wants £20m.

You have added on £40m to our actual debt for some reason, most of which is owed to our owner. I don't doubt that we are in a poor financial position but it isn't as bad as you have made out.

DarlingtonHibee
15-06-2017, 10:24 AM
You have added on £40m to our actual debt for some reason, most of which is owed to our owner. I don't doubt that we are in a poor financial position but it isn't as bad as you have made out.

Only quoted what was in the press yesterday sorry if it is inaccurate.

Craig_HFC
15-06-2017, 10:41 AM

So are you saying you 'owe it to yourselves'?

I'm sure I heard another support say that for a while...

Lost_Mackem
15-06-2017, 11:06 AM
So are you saying you 'owe it to yourselves'?

I'm sure I heard another support say that for a while...

It's interest free but he will obviously want it back when the club is sold, not ideal but better than oweing it to a bank charging millions in interest.

DarlingtonHibee
15-06-2017, 11:10 AM
It's interest free but he will obviously want it back when the club is sold, not ideal but better than oweing it to a bank charging millions in interest.

I was quoting the Times newspaper, strange they said the banks were looking for £20m soon.

Billychaotic182
15-06-2017, 07:09 PM
Aberdeen just announced he is staying at Aberdeen

Billy Whizz
15-06-2017, 07:11 PM
Aberdeen just announced he is staying at Aberdeen

Either Sunderland are a basket case, or he's been promised a war chest by the new investor

3pm
15-06-2017, 07:11 PM
Either Sunderland are a basket case, or he's been promised a war chest by the new investor

The first one!

Heisenberg
15-06-2017, 07:12 PM
Suggestions that Aberdeen have massively increased his wage and are giving him very good money to spend this summer.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2017, 07:15 PM
Hahaha, he was supposed to be out the door and joining Sunderland the moment the cup final was over, it was a done deal. :faf:

Niffy
15-06-2017, 07:18 PM
Betcha there's a spectacular U-turn and he goes to Sunderland in 24 hours.

snooky
15-06-2017, 07:32 PM
If he stays at Aberdeen for more money, and an increased spending pot, he will probably do quite well with the sheep. This in turn will improve his chances of a future move south. TBF, how long would he last at Sunderland if he doesn't have them in the top 4 say, by Christmas?
He's safe and dry at the moment. Why take the risk of hinging his jaicket on the perennial shooglie peg in the Sunderland manager's office?

Since90+2
15-06-2017, 07:37 PM
If he stays at Aberdeen for more money, and an increased spending pot, he will probably do quite well with the sheep. This in turn will improve his chances of a future move south. TBF, how long would he last at Sunderland if he doesn't have them in the top 4 say, by Christmas?
He's safe and dry at the moment. Why take the risk of hinging his jaicket on the perennial shooglie peg in the Sunderland manager's office?

Sunderland are probably the biggest club he is ever likely to get a job offer from. Even if he continues to do well he won't be getting a team in the Premier League.

When Neil Lennon left Celtic, having managed at a far bigger club and in the Champions League, the best gig he could get was a struggling Bolton.

Sounds like McInnes has bottled it to me and is happy with a comfortable job in Scotland.

Billy Whizz
15-06-2017, 07:39 PM
Sunderland are probably the biggest club he is ever likely to get a job offer from. Even if he continues to do well he won't be getting a team in the Premier League.

When Neil Lennon left Celtic, having managed at a far bigger club and in the Champions League, the best gig he could get was a struggling Bolton.

Sounds like McInnes has bottled it to me and is happy with a comfortable job in Scotland.

Not sure about your last paragraph

snooky
15-06-2017, 07:51 PM

To some extent, it surely depends what you want out of life - money or happiness.

Just Jimmy
15-06-2017, 08:03 PM

OR

Maybe he sees the bigger picture? The bigger picture a certain Alan Stubbs would have done well to see before him. That money doesn't equal success and that proper run clubs are worth their weight in gold.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
15-06-2017, 08:32 PM
Good for him. If more managers up here did the same instead of jumping ship to England at the first opportunity then Scottish Football would be far stronger.

Lago
15-06-2017, 08:56 PM

He doesn't strike me as a bottle merchant.

Jones28
15-06-2017, 09:00 PM
For Scottish footballs sake I'm quite glad his has happened. For our sake I'm a bit disappointed.

pacoluna
15-06-2017, 09:02 PM
Credit to McInnes, still feels there is work to be complete at Aberdeen even though they have done extremely well last couple of seasons.

Complete contrast to stubbs.

magpie1892
15-06-2017, 09:04 PM
The first one!

Oddly enough, I agree.

Marco G
15-06-2017, 09:21 PM

Don't like your "bottled it" comment tbh. May be many reasons why he does not fancy Sunderland, given their yoyo history for one thing. You don't know what went on when he spoke to Martin Bain (remember him?

Maybe he thinks if they're the biggest club down there that he gets a job offer from (and he has managed down south before) then he's better off at Aberdeen? No shame in that surely?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

California-Hibs
15-06-2017, 09:37 PM

Moyes is a shoe in for next Scotland manager.

1875Sean
15-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Moyes is a shoe in for next Scotland manager.

Hope not .... not done anything in years since leaving Everton

Hfcwilson3192
16-06-2017, 12:37 AM
McInnes staying at aberdeen is outstanding news for our game hopefully more stay put. Canny wait to see that apparent best league in the world fall on its arse.

Dashing Bob S
16-06-2017, 01:21 AM
McInnes holding out for the Huns job when this guy who has it (Idon't even his name) has failed to dent Rogers ascendancy. This was told to me by an abnormally unreliable source.

DarlingtonHibee
16-06-2017, 01:34 AM
Is he starting at 5pm?

jacomo
16-06-2017, 08:36 AM

Me neither.

Sticking the boot in because a guy has resisted the lure of more money for once seems ridiculous.

.Sean.
16-06-2017, 08:39 AM
As much as I dislike Aberdeen, good for him. And if he's being given funds by the board that can only be good for the Scottish game in general in terms of making it more competitive.

Stokesy's on fire
16-06-2017, 09:02 AM

Aberdeen recently bottle a cup final.

Captain Trips
16-06-2017, 09:03 AM

No they just lost the match from what I saw.

Stokesy's on fire
16-06-2017, 09:04 AM
For Scottish footballs sake I'm quite glad his has happened. For our sake I'm a bit disappointed.

Even with that Hun in charge of the sheep i'm pretty confident we will do them :)

Role on next season

WeeRussell
16-06-2017, 11:30 AM

Nope. It won't sit easy with those that worship the English leagues, but maybe he's decided a team doing well in the top division of the Scottish league is more appealing than a team about to toil to get out of the English second tier.

If he's sat down and been told he'll have the backing to take Aberdeen further than he already has, all the best to him. (Provided its not at our expense of course :greengrin)

Lago
16-06-2017, 12:04 PM
You could say we bottled the semi, whats your point??

hibsmad
16-06-2017, 12:16 PM
Surely this is just about not jumping at the first opportunity, rather than him being happy at Aberdeen or in Scottish football.

He's showing that he has some sense and not just looking for the first big pay cheque offered to him. He probably feels that he can keep Aberdeen challenging at the right end of the table, and if he does then other jobs are sure to come along.

He doesn't want to make the same mistake Stubbs did.

WeeRussell
16-06-2017, 12:28 PM
Quite a few unnecessary digs at Stubbsy on this thread in my opinion.

Different situations: Stubbs decided to leave under the circumstances, I don't think he was money-grabbing or thought he was going to do grand things at Rotherham!!

It didn't work out. He remains a legend.

Lago
16-06-2017, 12:30 PM
Quite a few unnecessary digs at Stubbsy on this thread in my opinion.

Different situations: Stubbs decided to leave under the circumstances, I don't think he was money-grabbing or thought he was going to do grand things at Rotherham!!

It didn't work out. He remains a legend.
He had to leave

Since90+2
16-06-2017, 12:30 PM
Surely this is just about not jumping at the first opportunity, rather than him being happy at Aberdeen or in Scottish football.

He's showing that he has some sense and not just looking for the first big pay cheque offered to him. He probably feels that he can keep Aberdeen challenging at the right end of the table, and if he does then other jobs are sure to come along.

He doesn't want to make the same mistake Stubbs did.

Sunderland are a massive club compared to Rotherham.

Yes they might be on a downward turn at the moment but that's why he was offered the job. If he had confidence in himself to turn it around and he got them promoted his stock would be higher than its ever going to be while managing in Scotland so for me it's a strange decision.

DarlingtonHibee
16-06-2017, 12:35 PM
Sunderland are a massive club compared to Rotherham.

Yes they might be on a downward turn at the moment but that's why he was offered the job. If he had confidence in himself to turn it around and he got them promoted his stock would be higher than its ever going to be while managing in Scotland so for me it's a strange decision.

I think it's two fold.

Sunderland are in a mess right now, especially off the field.

Aberdeen offers a safe environment for him and his family. With no doubt a decent pay rise.

Danderhall Hibs
16-06-2017, 08:03 PM
He's been tapped up I reckon. Wonder who it was? Rangers or a bigger more stable English club?

hibs#1
16-06-2017, 08:05 PM
He had to leave

Still a legend.

offshorehibby
18-07-2017, 02:22 PM
Signed an extension to his deal, 2020.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40646318?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sportsound&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=scotland

Spudster
18-07-2017, 02:56 PM
Can see them strolling 2nd place this year. Defo worth some cash at 11/8

Roxyhibee
18-07-2017, 03:14 PM
Can see them strolling 2nd place this year. Defo worth some cash at 11/8

Doubt they will stroll second at all. What's all this nonsense about this Supersheep team.?!

We have absolutely nothing to fear from Aberdeen home or away this season. I know they've brought a few players in, but so have we - quality ones at that.

Our defence is is better than theirs and if everyone is fit in midfield, we are every bit as good.

We we just need to add more up front (which I'm sure we will) and I'm reckoning we can do them.

jacomo
18-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Doubt they will stroll second at all. What's all this nonsense about this Supersheep team.?!

We have absolutely nothing to fear from Aberdeen home or away this season. I know they've brought a few players in, but so have we - quality ones at that.

Our defence is is better than theirs and if everyone is fit in midfield, we are every bit as good.

We we just need to add more up front (which I'm sure we will) and I'm reckoning we can do them.

If we sign a couple of decent strikers we are going to fly. Our defence is a rock against which many hopes will be dashed.

Roxyhibee
18-07-2017, 03:35 PM
If we sign a couple of decent strikers we are going to fly. Our defence is a rock against which many hopes will be dashed.

Well put. That defence is now truly flexible for different styles of games without weakening it - doubt many (any) outside Celtics is.

Spudster
18-07-2017, 03:38 PM
Different way of looking at it is last time we played them we shipped 3 comedy goals in 90mins.

The_Horde
18-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Signed an extension to his deal, 2020.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40646318?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sportsound&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=scotland

He's got no vision..

Jack Hackett
18-07-2017, 03:44 PM

:agree:

The 'Fear' seems to have taken hold on here, and I'm strugglin' to see what it's based on. Are they our new hertz?

Roxyhibee
18-07-2017, 03:51 PM
Different way of looking at it is last time we played them we shipped 3 comedy goals in 90mins.

2 bad goals really - third one was a pure fluke and we still should have taken them over the 90.

Theyve since lost Hayes, McGinn and Jack amongst others.

I have no fear of that team or it's overrated manager, who is reaping limited rewards based on having far more money to spend than everyone outside Celtic and now Sevco.

WeeRussell
19-07-2017, 11:43 AM
:agree:

The 'Fear' seems to have taken hold on here, and I'm strugglin' to see what it's based on. Are they our new hertz?

I don't think it's specific to us and how we'll fare against them - they're just easily the second best team in the country right now.

Springbank
19-07-2017, 11:49 AM
I don't think it's specific to us and how we'll fare against them - they're just easily the second best team in the country right now.

They were an Ofir Marciano header away from being nothing of the sort

They are in our sights, and with a goalscorer like Stokes and a defence like we already have, we should be targetting them

19-07-2017, 01:03 PM

3rd one in fairness was a very cruel deflection, hardly a comedy goal.

Not In The Know
19-07-2017, 01:08 PM
its how we play against Motherwell, Patrick & killie that will determine if we can finish higher than the sheep. Beating these teams consistently has secured second place for the last few years.

Onion
19-07-2017, 01:45 PM
They've done well to hang onto McInnes. Aberdeen showed the most vision in the wake of the Rangers death in 2012 by investing heavily in a good squad and manager. Their crowds are no better than ours, so no idea how they've managed to do it.

Michael
19-07-2017, 01:50 PM
They've done well to hang onto McInnes. Aberdeen showed the most vision in the wake of the Rangers death in 2012 by investing heavily in a good squad and manager. Their crowds are no better than ours, so no idea how they've managed to do it.

Motherwell did the same thing before them too. Get the club structure and manager right and you can make the most of your resources. Hopefully we're on the right track now...

marinello59
19-07-2017, 01:50 PM

They got their debt paid off by a local couple and have a new director with time on his hands and a good few million quid in his bank account. Basically they got lucky.