PDA

View Full Version : 2017/18 League Cup draw

H18 SFR
25-05-2017, 12:08 PM
Anyone know when the draw for the group stage takes place?

CallumLaidlaw
25-05-2017, 12:09 PM
Next Friday I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
25-05-2017, 12:09 PM
Anyone know when the draw for the group stage takes place?

2nd June I believe

Billy Whizz
25-05-2017, 12:40 PM
As an aside, does anyone know the groups will be allocated between seeds/North/South sections?

CallumLaidlaw
25-05-2017, 12:59 PM
As an aside, does anyone know the groups will be allocated between seeds/North/South sections?

I emailed the SPFL yesterday Billy but got a generic reply saying the draw info will be announced early next week.
I had a look and I have a feeling that we got actually end up in the northern section.

Based on us being a top seed due to being a Premiership side, if Dundee Utd come up, the North top seeds would be

Ross County
Dundee
Dundee Utd
Hibs

Southern top seeds would be

Hearts
Kilmarnock
Partick
Motherwell

If Hamilton stay up then Hearts would join us as top seeds.

Great fun eh. Possible trips to Inverness, Peterhead, Brechin, Montrose, Elgin to start the season :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
25-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Cheers Callum, hope the draw put Hearts in the North and Hibs in the south, for travel reasons of course

tamig
25-05-2017, 01:04 PM
I emailed the SPFL yesterday Billy but got a generic reply saying the draw info will be announced early next week.
I had a look and I have a feeling that we got actually end up in the northern section.

Based on us being a top seed due to being a Premiership side, if Dundee Utd come up, the North top seeds would be

Ross County
Dundee
Dundee Utd
Hibs

Hearts
Kilmarnock
Partick
Motherwell

Great fun eh. Possible trips to Inverness, Peterhead, Brechin, Montrose, Elgin to start the season :rolleyes:
My first away day with my mates was at Montrose in the League Cup in 79. Happy days. Wouldn't mind a wee trip again in July.

we are hibs
25-05-2017, 01:06 PM

Ross County
Dundee
Dundee Utd
Hibs

Hearts
Kilmarnock
Partick
Motherwell

how definite is it that we will be a top seed? I'm sure last season when rangers were promoted that they ended up in a group with motherwell

Billy Whizz
25-05-2017, 01:24 PM
how definite is it that we will be a top seed? I'm sure last season when rangers were promoted that they ended up in a group with motherwell

That's because we qualified for Europe, and 9 other premiership sides didnt, only 8 seeds

CallumLaidlaw
25-05-2017, 01:40 PM

Yip, as Billy says, our cup win pushed them down to pot 2.

Albanian Hibs
25-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Will the away season ticket come into play for the league cup group stages?

25-05-2017, 05:17 PM
Cheers Callum, hope the draw put Hearts in the North and Hibs in the south, for travel reasons of course

Exactly, Tynecastle is nearer the Forth Road Bridge so they should be classed as the north team. We should protest to the SPFL if they aren't. :greengrin

lord bunberry
25-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Why are hibs north and hearts south? I thought it was meant t be regionalised

Billy Whizz
25-05-2017, 05:39 PM
Why are hibs north and hearts south? I thought it was meant t be regionalised

Read Callum's 1st post on this thread, who would you put in the Notth section then

Craigmount Hibs
25-05-2017, 05:44 PM
Read Callum's 1st post on this thread, who would you put in the Notth section then

Good question - makes an utter mockery of 'regionalising' it.

tamig
25-05-2017, 05:54 PM
Good question - makes an utter mockery of 'regionalising' it.

It doesn't really. There will always be anomalies of some kind when you try and regionalise something that wasn't regionalised before. Some of the regional leagues below the National League down south are full of it.

3pm
25-05-2017, 08:42 PM
2nd June I believe

Live on BT Sport.

Billy Whizz
25-05-2017, 08:47 PM
Live on BT Sport.

6.30pm😄

3pm
25-05-2017, 08:49 PM
6.30pm😄

Channel 413 on SKY. :o)

lord bunberry
25-05-2017, 10:15 PM

Teams from the north. You can't say it's regionalised if hibs have to travel to Inverness. Regionalised for me means a group like hibs, hearts, Edinburgh city and Dunfermline or even spartans if they're in it. It's not regionalised in any way as it is.

SChibs
26-05-2017, 09:07 AM
Teams from the north. You can't say it's regionalised if hibs have to travel to Inverness. Regionalised for me means a group like hibs, hearts, Edinburgh city and Dunfermline or even spartans if they're in it. It's not regionalised in any way as it is.

It is regionalised at the moment. The furtherest north teams play each other and the furtherest south play each other. there will be anomalies.

Back Lounge
26-05-2017, 10:57 AM

Ross County
Dundee
Dundee Utd
Hibs

Hearts
Kilmarnock
Partick
Motherwell

Seedings are based on where clubs finish this season.

NORTH - 1
Hearts
Ross County
Dundee
Inverness

NORTH - 2
Hibs
Falkirk
Dundee Utd
Dunfermline

SOUTH - 1
Partick
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
Hamilton

SOUTH - 2
Morton
Queen o t South
St Mirren
Dumbarton

Being in the same pot as the Pars is the reason the friendly has been arranged.

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2017, 11:04 AM

I think it's every game mate - it included Turriff last year so I'd imagine it will.

Billy Whizz
26-05-2017, 11:12 AM

NORTH - 1
Hearts
Ross County
Dundee
Inverness

NORTH - 2
Hibs
Falkirk
Dundee Utd
Dunfermline

SOUTH - 1
Partick
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
Hamilton

SOUTH - 2
Morton
Queen o t South
St Mirren
Dumbarton

South looks very week compared to North

Diclonius
26-05-2017, 11:46 AM
It should be north, south, east and west (and possibly central). Makes no sense that Hibs should travel to Dingwall.

CallumLaidlaw
26-05-2017, 11:50 AM

NORTH - 1
Hearts
Ross County
Dundee
Inverness

NORTH - 2
Hibs
Falkirk
Dundee Utd
Dunfermline

SOUTH - 1
Partick
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
Hamilton

SOUTH - 2
Morton
Queen o t South
St Mirren
Dumbarton

Where have you seen that its based on this seasons league placings?

Hibby70
26-05-2017, 11:52 AM

NORTH - 1
Hearts
Ross County
Dundee
Inverness

NORTH - 2
Hibs
Falkirk
Dundee Utd
Dunfermline

SOUTH - 1
Partick
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
Hamilton

SOUTH - 2
Morton
Queen o t South
St Mirren
Dumbarton

Is this the actual pots?

Billy Whizz
28-05-2017, 08:04 PM
Does Hamilton winning have any effect on our seeding?

Hermit Crab
29-05-2017, 02:39 AM

Yes, every league and cup match included.