PDA

View Full Version : All is Barry - or is it? NHC

tamig
24-05-2017, 07:45 PM
Is this the most negative article Banderson has ever penned in relation to the maroon balloons?

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/comment-hearts-at-a-crossroads-facing-huge-decisions-1-4455016

Edit - posted on my phone so if someone could make the link clickable that would be appreciated. Cheers.

Hermit Crab
24-05-2017, 07:49 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/comment-hearts-at-a-crossroads-facing-huge-decisions-1-4455016

Jones28
24-05-2017, 07:54 PM
Jesus he rambled like **** there.

tamig
24-05-2017, 08:18 PM

He didn't half but he struggled to put some positive spin on their current situation. Not like him at all.

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-05-2017, 08:20 PM
He didn't half but he struggled to put some positive spin on their current situation. Not like him at all.

Maybe he knows something we don't...

Tick tock...

ancient hibee
24-05-2017, 08:23 PM
Maybe it's just dawned on him that there's something very odd about shipping out players who've got you to second in the league,bringing in a bunch of no-hopers and then getting rid of most of them 6 months later.Budge is no mug she must be wondering if there is more to this than there should be.

greenginger
24-05-2017, 08:30 PM
The question is ,were they shipped out to bring in better players, or to bring in cheaper players ? :greengrin

ancient hibee
24-05-2017, 08:32 PM
The question is ,were they shipped out to bring in better players, or to bring in cheaper players ? :greengrin
Or to generate agency fees?

rosco-hibee
24-05-2017, 08:54 PM
Reading that article brought me back to where we were not long ago; that SC cup final, relegation, and a team rife with journeymen who didn't care for the badge. luckily we have LD who genuinely seems to be care about our club, and I trust that as long as she's at the helm we won't have to experience it again any time soon.

Interesting to see Hearts having to go through some tough times, but what will be more interesting is to see how they manage...

What I don't want to see is a knee jerk reaction and sack the manager...

#prayforcathro

lapsedhibee
24-05-2017, 08:54 PM

Not half. "If people in charge of an enterprise make bad decisions, the enterprise will suffer." Who knew?

greenginger
24-05-2017, 09:20 PM
I don't think we've realised it yet , but next season we will have to compete with the largest glass curtain wall in Scottish Football

http://seasontickets.heartsfc.co.uk/2/

We're doomed !

1van Sprou7e
24-05-2017, 09:29 PM
I don't think we've realised it yet , but next season we will have to compete with the largest glass curtain wall in Scottish Football

We're doomed !

"the LARGEST glass curtain wall!"

Wow, I'm green with envy

Oh and they're also selling chips, just gets better and better eh:rotflmao:

weecounty hibby
24-05-2017, 09:32 PM

We're doomed !
Aw naw. They're going to be serving chips!! What will the rest of us do now. Is that another first for them or is there some other clubs out there who sell chips? Is it only really huge giant massive enormous famous clubs that do that? What an embarrassing bunch of fuds they are.

jacomo
24-05-2017, 09:38 PM
Maybe it's just dawned on him that there's something very odd about shipping out players who've got you to second in the league,bringing in a bunch of no-hopers and then getting rid of most of them 6 months later.Budge is no mug she must be wondering if there is more to this than there should be.

They have some real problems. It's not just the player churn but the number of players in long contracts that they can't get rid of.

What has happened? In 2014 they rebuilt the squad and did well. Levein happy to take the credit then of course.

high bee
24-05-2017, 09:41 PM

We're doomed !

Chips will be served!

NAE NOOKIE
24-05-2017, 09:43 PM

We're doomed !

FFS ............. That's it then, just look at Man Utd, they have hunners o' windaes and they have just won the Europa league. Hibs had better get this sorted ... is there not any part of the stadium we can double or triple glaze. Fail to do that and we will be playing catch up for years :grr:

jacomo
24-05-2017, 09:46 PM

We're doomed !

I wish that woman would learn how to f***ing write!

Jeez... it's near unreadable.

PatHead
24-05-2017, 09:46 PM
The only thing not mentioned in the advert is football. Wonder why?

Criswell
24-05-2017, 09:53 PM
And the new stand is gonna be barry like. It's goat a roof an' seats an' everyfing!

Deansy
24-05-2017, 10:07 PM
'Some clearly cared very little about the badge they were representing'

'............ plus an understanding of what it means to play at Tynecastle for one of Scotland's biggest clubs'

'Hearts fans have suffered too many fools in recent months ...........'

'Vital to restore Hearts to a challenging position ........'

Reads more like an article penned by an ardent Jambo rather than what's meant to be from a level-headed, objective journalist !. I don't remember such emotive articles in the EEN about us when we've had poor teams - and we've had more than our fair-share whilst all our money was going into our stadium redevelopement ?. All I see here is 'All-is Barry' aligning himself with those learned and astute contributors to 'Throwback' and is a member of the 'Cathro Out' campaign - in other words, he's just another Jambo who's s******g himself at their future !

tamig
24-05-2017, 10:11 PM
I wish that woman would learn how to f***ing write!

Jeez... it's near unreadable.

It's appalling. Typos all over the place. All of their recent communications have followed a similar pattern. It's shoddy and I'm surprised she's willing to put her name to it.

iwasthere1972
24-05-2017, 10:13 PM
'We are still the envy of many clubs and supporters throughout Scotland'.

Aye sure you are. Name one.

:jamboclow

mutley
24-05-2017, 10:16 PM
I really thought that poster was someone at the wind-up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tamig
24-05-2017, 10:18 PM

We're doomed !
What a bizarre statement aside from the chip selling announcement. She goes on about the need to change the squad earlier than was planned. They were sitting near the top of the league when someone decided the squad needed an overhaul in January. Why did it need to change? What a load of tom kite.

iwasthere1972
24-05-2017, 10:20 PM
330 Exhibits on Display in the Hertz museum.

Is that last January's signings?

greenginger
24-05-2017, 10:20 PM
'We are still the envy of many clubs and supporters throughout Scotland'.

Aye sure you are. Name one.

:jamboclow

Err, em, Third Lanark . :greengrin

24-05-2017, 10:22 PM

I was hoping they're the tears of hertz supporters from 1986.

greenginger
24-05-2017, 10:23 PM

Probs. about 300 of them relate to the First World War.

24-05-2017, 10:24 PM
"We encourage all fans, where possible, to purchase with cash, or cheque. This will help us avoid the fees associated with debit and credit cards."

Haha

tamig
24-05-2017, 10:30 PM

That'll be 165 seats from the Archibald Leitch stand 😉

iwasthere1972
24-05-2017, 10:39 PM

Or the number of companies/charity organisations that they shafted on their way to lifting the Champions League.

lucky
24-05-2017, 10:51 PM
But but they are going to have a safe standing area which will give them the third biggest ground in Scotland..... so they claim, more ***** being fed to the puddle drinkers

jacomo
24-05-2017, 11:09 PM
"We encourage all fans, where possible, to purchase with cash, or cheque. This will help us avoid the fees associated with debit and credit cards."

Haha

Pay 3 years upfront in cash?

Such a big, big club.

lyonhibs
25-05-2017, 07:50 AM
Hahaha. What the **** even is a glass curtain wall??

Presumably she means "there'll be a ****load of glass in the façade just like every other new building since about 2005"

rodhibs55
25-05-2017, 07:50 AM
Chips will be served!

Its for the supporters who don't already have one on their shoulder.

kevo1875
25-05-2017, 07:51 AM
Largest glass curtain wall! ..that will be so tempting for the deluded ones to lick

Bostonhibby
25-05-2017, 08:01 AM

Haha

Standard business practice when soaking the yam, it's what Romanov did towards the end when it was cash only in their shop and worked very well for him when he sold their "simple fans" his cash only non existent share offer just before jetting off to Russia.

Keith_M
25-05-2017, 08:29 AM
But but they are going to have a safe standing area which will give them the third biggest ground in Scotland.....

That would make it over 50k capacity, as Ibrox is currently the third largest football club ground* in Scotland.

That must be some amount of people they're squeezing into the new standing area :wink:

* Celtc being the first, and a "smug git of the day" prize to whoever can the name the second...

brianmc
25-05-2017, 08:36 AM
Hampden.

Bostonhibby
25-05-2017, 09:01 AM
That would make it over 50k capacity, as Ibrox is currently the third largest football club ground* in Scotland.

That must be some amount of people they're squeezing into the new standing area :wink:

* Celtc being the first, and a "smug git of the day" prize to whoever can the name the second...
But could the fools mean that they are going to claim their ground will now be taller and hence in their mind very big indeed?

Just pathetic.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

KWJ
25-05-2017, 09:06 AM

We're doomed !

6360m2 of concrete space!!!!!1111!!!!1

SirDavidsNapper
25-05-2017, 09:28 AM
A glass curtain wall? Did Cathro cone up with that?

crewetollhibee
25-05-2017, 09:42 AM

Be fair, that's just one bench worth of seats.

Andy74
25-05-2017, 10:07 AM
It's appalling. Typos all over the place. All of their recent communications have followed a similar pattern. It's shoddy and I'm surprised she's willing to put her name to it.

It's a total shambles. Embarrassing to have published that.

Kato
25-05-2017, 10:16 AM
Largest glass curtain wall! ..that will be so tempting for the deluded ones to lick

Haha, The Broadest Expanse of Window Lickage in the Northern Hemisphere.

lord bunberry
25-05-2017, 10:47 AM
You know a company is desperate when it starts asking punters to pay cash. Things most be worse than I thought.

AltheHibby
25-05-2017, 10:51 AM
Aw naw. They're going to be serving chips!! What will the rest of us do now. Is that another first for them or is there some other clubs out there who sell chips? Is it only really huge giant massive enormous famous clubs that do that? What an embarrassing bunch of fuds they are.

Nice to see them following the lead of the, sadly, defunct Andover Town FC, formerly of the Wessex League (5 steps below League 2). We used to get 🍟 there. Or even cheesy chips for an extra 50p.

Here's hoping they can follow Andover's lead again and go out of business.

Bostonhibby
25-05-2017, 11:24 AM
All big teams release statements telling the watching world that chips are available.

snooky
25-05-2017, 11:42 AM
Or to generate agency fees?

:hmmm: ........................................... :agree:

Dashing Bob S
25-05-2017, 11:51 AM
Standard business practice when soaking the yam, it's what Romanov did towards the end when it was cash only in their shop and worked very well for him when he sold their "simple fans" his cash only non existent share offer just before jetting off to Russia.

I'd be seriously worried by that statement if I was a Yam. It's not indicative of a well run organisation.

Dashing Bob S
25-05-2017, 11:53 AM
Haha, The Broadest Expanse of Window Lickage in the Northern Hemisphere.

Can fit 400,000 tongues at once.

AltheHibby
25-05-2017, 11:58 AM
"As ever, of course, we need to balance looking after the fans interests with the needs of the Club and, as such, we do have to focus also on filling the funding gap for the main stand. With this in mind, we are seeking an injection of funds now, in return for the opportunity to fix your prices forthe next 3 years. "

Looks a bit like The The's deal with Ticketus to me. As well as being a begging letter in dire need of spellchecking.

iwasthere1972
25-05-2017, 12:16 PM
All big teams release statements telling the watching world that chips are available.

Bet they're big chips as well.

Geo_1875
25-05-2017, 12:38 PM
"As ever, of course, we need to balance looking after the fans interests with the needs of the Club and, as such, we do have to focus also on filling the funding gap for the main stand. With this in mind, we are seeking an injection of funds now, in return for the opportunity to fix your prices forthe next 3 years. "

Looks a bit like The The's deal with Ticketus to me. As well as being a begging letter in dire need of spellchecking.

That's up there with any I've received from a Nigerian Prince.

Keith_M
25-05-2017, 01:20 PM
Extract from Budgie's statement...

"I'm gonna build a (big, glass) wall"

MrSmith
25-05-2017, 03:07 PM
"Chips will be served!"

Well, that's me sold then! :aok:

Moulin Yarns
25-05-2017, 03:22 PM
Hahaha. What the **** even is a glass curtain wall??

Presumably she means "there'll be a ****load of glass in the façade just like every other new building since about 2005"

https://www.wbdg.org/systems-specifications/building-envelope-design-guide/fenestration-systems/curtain-walls

If you remember the old Co-op building in Bread Street. it as the first example in Edinburgh, if not Scotland built 1937.

greenginger
25-05-2017, 03:28 PM
I'd be seriously worried by that statement if I was a Yam. It's not indicative of a well run organisation.

I'm at Heathrow, terminal 5.

Now that's a glass curtain wall for you.

Baw187
25-05-2017, 05:34 PM

As am I. Glass curtain walls everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
25-05-2017, 09:43 PM
Extract from Budgie's statement...

"I'm gonna build a (big, glass) wall"

And I'll make those Jambos pay for it.

Hibernia&Alba
25-05-2017, 10:20 PM
I want a glass curtain wall, and I want chips! Seething; tears and snotters.

Wee Effen Bee
25-05-2017, 10:29 PM

mixumatosis
26-05-2017, 07:43 AM

As am I. Glass curtain walls everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone selling chips ?

jacomo
26-05-2017, 07:59 AM

Heathrow Terminal 5 really missed a trick by not having the glass curtain wall facing the car park. Just boring planes to look at while eating your chips.

Bostonhibby
26-05-2017, 08:09 AM
Apparently you can get them at tynecastle but it's such an unusual and rare idea that they've launched it with a great fanfare so I'd imagine that unless you get in quick you're unlikely to be able to get your hands on any.

Before anyone gets any ideas about setting up some sort of business selling fried peeled potatoes that have been cut into roughly equal sized strips I'd be careful as the clever business people at tynecastle are bound to have patented and protected their new invention.

jacomo
26-05-2017, 08:21 AM
Apparently you can get them at tynecastle but it's such an unusual and rare idea that they've launched it with a great fanfare so I'd imagine that unless you get in quick you're unlikely to be able to get your hands on any.

Before anyone gets any ideas about setting up some sort of business selling fried peeled potatoes that have been cut into roughly equal sized strips I'd be careful as the clever business people at tynecastle are bound to have patented and protected their new invention.

'These aren't chips. These are 'Famous' Chips! £5 please.'

Yours,
Budgie

Hibby Kay-Yay
26-05-2017, 08:24 AM
A terrible playing surface last season...chips available this season 🤔 Feels like a connection here

lapsedhibee
26-05-2017, 02:14 PM
'These aren't chips. These are 'Famous' Chips! £5 please.'

Yours,
Budgie

They'll be missing another trick if they don't advertise them as "authentic WW1-recipe" chips.

WoreTheGreen
26-05-2017, 02:17 PM
They'll be missing another trick if they don't advertise them as "authentic WW1-recipe" chips.

Will they come with Somme salt& sauce

CropleyWasGod
26-05-2017, 02:28 PM
Will they come with Somme salt& sauce

.. and will they re-brand the toilets as Loos? :cb

WoreTheGreen
26-05-2017, 02:36 PM
Budge must have misheard when advosed get Kitchener involvedin this so they sign Perry Kitchen. Opps

ancient hibee
26-05-2017, 03:16 PM
.. and will they re-brand the toilets as Loos? :cb
With plenty copies of Wipers Times nailed to the wall.

fat freddy
26-05-2017, 03:26 PM
I was chatting to a Jambo mate about their new Chip initiative, he could sense my jealousy and was really rubbing it in but I resisted the urge to argue with him as I was always taught to only fight the battles you can win.
The Jambos have really got one up on us with this in house Chip sales idea, it is a license to print money and my mate reckons it will boost Cathro's player budget by a few million and probably cover the costs of fitting out the Girder End at Tynecastle.
I conceded defeat and allowed him his moment of unbridled joy as he leapt around me singing something about chips and European cup glory, I could only muster a weak response about deep fried chips causing heart disease but he put me in my place with further taunting about them being oven chips. The humiliation was too much, I know when I'm beat, they really are the big team and the chips prove that they will stop at nothing in their efforts to be the top team in the city.
Many people say Leeanne Dempster has galvanised Hibs and brought a new direction to the club in terms of player acquisition and commercial direction but we still have some way to go if we are to match Hearts and their unique approach to raising funds, their deal with Maris Piper is something we need to learn from but for now we will remain in their shadow.

Hibernia&Alba
26-05-2017, 03:29 PM
I was chatting to a Jambo mate about their new Chip initiative, he could sense my jealousy and was really rubbing it in but I resisted the urge to argue with him as I was always taught to only fight the battles you can win.
The Jambos have really got one up on us with this in house Chip sales idea, it is a license to print money and my mate reckons it will boost Cathro's player budget by a few million and probably cover the costs of fitting out the Girder End at Tynecastle.
I conceded defeat and allowed him his moment of unbridled joy as he leapt around me singing something about chips and European cup glory, I could only muster a weak response about deep fried chips causing heart disease but he put me in my place with further taunting about them being oven chips. The humiliation was too much, I know when I'm beat, they really are the big team and the chips prove that they will stop at nothing in their efforts to be the top team in the city.
Many people say Leeanne Dempster has galvanised Hibs and brought a new direction to the club in terms of player acquisition and commercial direction but we still have some way to go if we are to match Hearts and their unique approach to raising funds, their deal with Maris Piper is something we need to learn from but for now we will remain in their shadow.

:agree:

Chips! We starving Hobos can only dream. How the big teams live.......

Andy74
26-05-2017, 03:30 PM
They still appear to have that online without any spelling corrections. Mental.

Bostonhibby
26-05-2017, 03:46 PM
[emoji1]

To be fair, the yam, being a member of the potato family they were always going to get a head start on this one.

They'll easily get past any suggestions of a form of cannibalism in the same way they dealt with all their previous misdemeanours.

speedy_gonzales
26-05-2017, 03:50 PM

We're doomed !
And a 15% increase in capacity.
Currently capacity around 17420, 15% increase will take that to a massive 20033, biggest footballing stadia in the capital surely,,,,erm,,,naw!

jacomo
26-05-2017, 03:52 PM
They still appear to have that online without any spelling corrections. Mental.

Many of us have had bosses who come across as charming and likeable in public but are in reality sociopathic little Napoleons.

In the end you lose the motivation to correct their mistakes and secretly hope they get shown up, because appearance really matters to them.

Sorry, I digress. :wink:

Bostonhibby
26-05-2017, 03:56 PM
Many of us have had bosses who come across as charming and likeable in public but are in reality sociopathic little Napoleons.

In the end you lose the motivation to correct their mistakes and secretly hope they get shown up, because appearance really matters to them.

Sorry, I digress. :wink:
[emoji1] Definitely right but am wondering if the yam simply turn this type of thing over to whichever person wins their weekly spelling bee?

Held right after Potters bingo sessions and Mrs Budge's needlepoint classes.

southern hibby
26-05-2017, 04:08 PM
I really do think all us Hibby's have the wrong end of the stick. Surely they're selling Computer chips so they can up grade their laptops and be just like Cathro.

GGTTH

greenginger
26-05-2017, 04:49 PM
And a 15% increase in capacity.
Currently capacity around 17420, 15% increase will take that to a massive 20033, biggest footballing stadia in the capital surely,,,,erm,,,naw!

I still have the feeling that the 15 per cent will be a typical Yam figure rounded up to suit their muppets aspirations.

Time will tell.

Gmack7
26-05-2017, 05:22 PM
my source tells me that the window cleaner is on the books of john colqhouns agency:agree:

tamig
26-05-2017, 05:43 PM

Superb sir 😂

Dashing Bob S
26-05-2017, 05:45 PM

Well played, Frederico.

MrSmith
26-05-2017, 06:12 PM
I wonder if they'll sell peg shaped chips when we visit? 🤔

Bostonhibby
26-05-2017, 10:11 PM
I wonder if they'll sell peg shaped chips when we visit? 🤔
You're getting a bit ahead of yourself here. Now that the visionaries at the next global arena have introduced the world, Scotland in particular to the concept of deeply fried potato slices we simply have to move one step at a time. Peg shaped chips could be an aspiration but let's leave it to Mrs Budge to work out who should have access to it and at what price. After all they seem to have discovered the "chip".

MrSmith
26-05-2017, 11:29 PM
You're getting a bit ahead of yourself here. Now that the visionaries at the next global arena have introduced the world, Scotland in particular to the concept of deeply fried potato slices we simply have to move one step at a time. Peg shaped chips could be an aspiration but let's leave it to Mrs Budge to work out who should have access to it and at what price. After all they seem to have discovered the "chip".

Yes of course you are correct, I should know my place by now as a simple uneducated hobo :(

Springbank
27-05-2017, 12:09 AM

I can't watch Catchphrase any more, thanks to the visionary Ann Budge.

Roy Walker/Stephen Mulhearn: "What's Mr Chips doing?"

Me: "the littlest hobo?"

Roy: "it's good but it's not right. Say what you see, what's Mr chips doing?"

Me: "he is quite simply revolutionising the quintessential Edinburgh match day experience..."

Roy: RIIIIIIIGHT! !!!

NZ Green
27-05-2017, 09:16 AM
I think they spelled Creditors wrong.

jacomo
27-05-2017, 01:52 PM
I can't watch Catchphrase any more, thanks to the visionary Ann Budge.

Roy Walker/Stephen Mulhearn: "What's Mr Chips doing?"

Me: "the littlest hobo?"

Roy: "it's good but it's not right. Say what you see, what's Mr chips doing?"

Me: "he is quite simply revolutionising the quintessential Edinburgh match day experience..."

Roy: RIIIIIIIGHT! !!!

Love this!

MGmick
27-05-2017, 03:45 PM

This might appear to be a bit Celtc ish, you know, taking someone else's idea and trying to pass it off as original, but could we start to claw back some of the ground by selling chip shaped pegs when the Yams come ?

Bostonhibby
27-05-2017, 04:04 PM
This might appear to be a bit Celtc ish, you know, taking someone else's idea and trying to pass it off as original, but could we start to claw back some of the ground by selling chip shaped pegs when the Yams come ?
But how will we make them?

The yams seem to have got in first as far as selling cut up fried potato to the world is concerned. They must have the market cornered otherwise why the big announcement?

How did no one else see this opportunity, another first for the famous by the sounds of it

What next? Frozen dairy based fruit flavoured products in the summer?

Bread based meals with a selection of meat, cheese and vegetable toppings? We can only await in awe for the next dyslexic announcements. My money is on fire sticks that need to be rubbed on sandpaper to start a fire. Either way the rest of Scottish football cannot keep up.

MGmick
27-05-2017, 07:01 PM
But how will we make them?

The yams seem to have got in first as far as selling cut up fried potato to the world is concerned. They must have the market cornered otherwise why the big announcement?

How did no one else see this opportunity, another first for the famous by the sounds of it

What next? Frozen dairy based fruit flavoured products in the summer?

Bread based meals with a selection of meat, cheese and vegetable toppings? We can only await in awe for the next dyslexic announcements. My money is on fire sticks that need to be rubbed on sandpaper to start a fire. Either way the rest of Scottish football cannot keep up.

You don't know how to make pegs!!!??? :confused:

sniff sniff
:wink:

jacomo
27-05-2017, 07:07 PM

sniff sniff

Not every Hibs fan makes pegs ffs.

Some of us just sell them.

Glory Lurker
27-05-2017, 07:10 PM
I dream of being able to afford pegs. Just say no, kids.

WoreTheGreen
27-05-2017, 07:11 PM
Not every Hibs fan makes pegs ffs.

Some of us just sell them.

Dinny get to hung about it mate

Dashing Bob S
27-05-2017, 07:15 PM

Somebody from Kickback might be looking at this thread. We shouldn't be hanging our dirty washing out to dry.

Keith_M
27-05-2017, 07:16 PM
I've got mine all ready to sell...

https://img0.etsystatic.com/038/0/8460511/il_340x270.609315386_9lok.jpg

MGmick
27-05-2017, 07:49 PM
I've got mine all ready to sell...

https://img0.etsystatic.com/038/0/8460511/il_340x270.609315386_9lok.jpg

They're very nice but they're not very "chippie looking"

Now, after all this talk of pegs, I've something pressing to do.

Bostonhibby
27-05-2017, 07:56 PM

sniff sniff
I know how to make pegs. I just have no idea what chips are.

Haven't you heard the yam announcement? They've only just discovered them!

renato
27-05-2017, 07:56 PM
They're very nice but they're not very "chippie looking"

Now, after all this talk of pegs, I've something pressing to do.

Like inject heroin? Or dwell in your caravan?

If only you owned a rover and a yellow cardigan, all would be good in your world. Buy yourself some chips, you'll feel better :greengrin

Bostonhibby
27-05-2017, 08:09 PM
Agree. Not worth putting your life on the line over. Not as if Hibs are forcing us to make pegs or pay £25 for a bacon roll or bake cakes so our millionaire saviour doesn't have to put any more money in to finish her new stand

WoreTheGreen
27-05-2017, 08:18 PM
Somebody from Kickback might be looking at this thread. We shouldn't be hanging our dirty washing out to dry.

No i am sure the sisters pants would not reach the laundry basket

MGmick
27-05-2017, 08:53 PM
I know how to make pegs. I just have no idea what chips are.

Haven't you heard the yam announcement? They've only just discovered them!

Aahh!!! I'm sorry. I forget the life advantages the war winning heroics of the Yam have given me.

I've traveled in lands the Yam has vanquished.
I've seen this mystical fruit of the humble spud.
I've seen the work of the alchemists, the wizards who've learned secrets beyond boiling salted water.

But I've said too much.

You must wait.
Wait until you are invited to visit the grand enormity of the greatest glazed curtain wall in the whole of at least the west of Edinburgh.
Then, and only then, you can feast on this wonder.

I think they'll probably invent a thing called "sos" as well but they'll charge extra for that.

Bostonhibby
27-05-2017, 09:03 PM
Aahh!!! I'm sorry. I forget the life advantages the war winning heroics of the Yam have given me.

I've traveled in lands the Yam has vanquished.
I've seen this mystical fruit of the humble spud.
I've seen the work of the alchemists, the wizards who've learned secrets beyond boiling salted water.

But I've said too much.

You must wait.
Wait until you are invited to visit the grand enormity of the greatest glazed curtain wall in the whole of at least the west of Edinburgh.
Then, and only then, you can feast on this wonder.

I think they'll probably invent a thing called "sos" as well but they'll charge extra for that.
Bloody hell. Panic not, just heard you can actually get them at a place called the Deep Sea opposite the Omni Centre (other chippies are available) so it sounds like the yams have been a bit late with their premature ejaculations over their potato based announcements.

MGmick
27-05-2017, 09:14 PM
Bloody hell. Panic not, just heard you can actually get them at a place called the Deep Sea opposite the Omni Centre (other chippies are available) so it sounds like the yams have been a bit late with their premature ejaculations over their potato based announcements.

Is that the Deep Sea next to 3 Antigua St where I used to look down London Road to see my Dad come home from the game?

Sioux
27-05-2017, 09:22 PM
Maybe we should help them with a song;

Chips Chips
Whoa oh oh oh...........

Bostonhibby
27-05-2017, 09:24 PM
Is that the Deep Sea next to 3 Antigua St where I used to look down London Road to see my Dad come home from the game?
👍

PatHead
27-05-2017, 09:31 PM

The Omni has a big glass wall but it will be really small compared to the wonga dome.

Bostonhibby
27-05-2017, 09:37 PM
The Omni has a big glass wall but it will be really small compared to the wonga dome.
Will it never end? They don't hold back when it comes to innovation and bigness.

Is glass cheaper to put up per square metre than bricks and mortar?

lapsedhibee
27-05-2017, 09:46 PM
Is glass cheaper to put up per square metre than bricks and mortar?

Key factor in that decision will have been that glass lets more light in. A 40 watt bulb (if there's enough cakes sold to fund the light fitting) will need all possible assistance.

SanFranHibs
27-05-2017, 10:10 PM
Who cares. They are just a team of painters and chippies. Another couple of trades and they cac build their new stand without contractors. Well, except for glaziers for the new glass wall.

Apprenticeship schemes at Tynecastle Park. You know it makes sense.

Rodney, get your window cleaning gear.