PDA

View Full Version : Yams Sam Nicholson

Ozyhibby
23-05-2017, 11:18 AM
Looks like they may miss out on Compensation for him. Shame.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1046985/hearts-ace-sam-nicholson-could-be-set-for-shock-move-to-mls-side-minnesota-united-leaving-jambos-with-no-compo-for-out-of-contract-winger/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-scotsunsport-_-Sport-_-FBLink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Berry
23-05-2017, 11:21 AM
Oh dear. How sad. 😁😁😁😁

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

DarlingtonHibee
23-05-2017, 11:25 AM
They better get baking!

livi hibs 1875
23-05-2017, 11:31 AM
This can't be right, we were all told by those cathbites they were getting 5 million minimum for the sale of him and patterson.

easty
23-05-2017, 11:35 AM
I'm still no sure where this £400k comes from. If he wants to leave Hearts, and only wants to stay in Scotland, but nobody wants to pay £400k for him. What happens? He just has to sign for nobody? Get a job at Greggs? The wee scrotum juggling muppet isn't even worth £400k.

1van Sprou7e
23-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Lol, whether or not he goes to the US I can tell you right now that no club in the country is going to pay 400k for that wee rat

JDHibs
23-05-2017, 11:44 AM
I'm still no sure where this £400k comes from. If he wants to leave Hearts, and only wants to stay in Scotland, but nobody wants to pay £400k for him. What happens? He just has to sign for nobody? Get a job at Greggs? The wee scrotum juggling muppet isn't even worth £400k.

Theres a time limit on how long they can claim the compo. Read somewhere its 6 months after their contract runs out.

overdrive
23-05-2017, 11:53 AM
Theres a time limit on how long they can claim the compo. Read somewhere its 6 months after their contract runs out.

In that case, wouldn't it be funny if a club signed him as an "amateur" to get out of paying the fee like Hearts did with that guy who we had on trial!

SouthMoroccoStu
23-05-2017, 11:57 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1046985/hearts-ace-sam-nicholson-could-be-set-for-shock-move-to-mls-side-minnesota-united-leaving-jambos-with-no-compo-for-out-of-contract-winger/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-scotsunsport-_-Sport-_-FBLink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER

I got as far as "Hearts ace Sam Nicholson......" and then I stopped reading

MacGruber
23-05-2017, 11:57 AM
In that case, wouldn't it be funny if a club signed him as an "amateur" to get out of paying the fee like Hearts did with that guy who we had on trial!

Haha - we should do that & release him after 6 months. Help the boy out with 6 months correctional before sending him back into the world of football

SirDavidsNapper
23-05-2017, 11:59 AM
Glad to see they're really profiting from their golden generation

Dashing Bob S
23-05-2017, 12:03 PM
I got as far as "Hearts ace Sam Nicholson......" and then I stopped reading

I got that far and started laughing

Michael
23-05-2017, 12:10 PM

I think it would go to tribunal. If he signs for someone like Ayr then I presume they'd get a fraction of that, no idea.

Ozyhibby
23-05-2017, 12:12 PM

He can sign for Hearts as they have offered him a deal.

Bostonhibby
23-05-2017, 12:13 PM

Takes balls to do that to them, can think of no better player given his experience in that respect.

Shame though:fibber:

Wonder how much transfer income they'd planned on here.

Big_Franck
23-05-2017, 12:19 PM
Can someone paste the text from the article in here?

lucky
23-05-2017, 12:19 PM

No real difference from what it was like before Bosman came in. Players could not move even if they were out of contract without agreement of their club.

SirDavidsNapper
23-05-2017, 12:26 PM
He'd do a decent job at the likes of Falkirk or Dunfermline to be fair

Ozyhibby
23-05-2017, 12:38 PM
Can someone paste the text from the article in here?

If your going to boycott something then do it properly. [emoji23]

SanFranHibs
23-05-2017, 01:31 PM
I think 400k for a 'Riccarton graduate' is reasonable and any team would think they had struck a great bargain. I mean, a Riccarton graduate. They don't come along very often.

I think he would have fitted in well in the Golden Generation and would have been called upon often....'Sam, put the kettle on.'

H18 SFR
23-05-2017, 01:46 PM
If your going to boycott something then do it properly. [emoji23]

I'm in the same boat, can't read it at work, not really a case of a boycott.

HibsNutter
23-05-2017, 01:53 PM
He's really not a good player, looked alright in the Championship that's it.

dave62
23-05-2017, 01:57 PM
As requested. Hope this comes out okay.

This Scottish Sun Article has been brought to you courtesy of NoScript and uBlock Origin.

UNCLE SAM Hearts ace Sam Nicholson could be set for shock move to MLS side Minnesota United – leaving Jambos with no compo for out-of-contract winger

The Scotland U-21 cap knocked back the offer of a new Tynecastle deal

Exclusive
By Kenny Millar
23rd May 2017, 11:09 am
Updated: 23rd May 2017, 11:34 am

SAM NICHOLSON could be set for a shock move to MLS – leaving Hearts with NO compensation for the winger.
The 22-year-old is out of contract at Tynecastle and knocked back the offer of a new contract (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/930892/sam-nicholson-quit-hearts-ian-cathro-tynecastle/).

But the Jambos are entitled to a sum of around £400,000 for the Scotland Under-21 cap if he moves within this country – with the likes of Aberdeen and Rangers having previously been credited with an interest in Nicholson.
Keep up to date with ALL the latest news, transfers and goals from Scottish football (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/football/) plus fixtures, results and live match commentary
Barnsley are also said to be admirers of the Riccarton graduate, but new American outfit Minnesota United have made the strongest bid to date.
SunSport understands they have notified Hearts of their intent to speak to Nicholson and if it suits both parties he could jet out next week for a look around.
It would come as a blow to Hearts to miss out on the compensation, with St Mirren previously having been in a similar situation with Scotland midfielder John McGinn.
Houston Dynamo were desperate to land McGinn, which would have robbed Saints of a six-figure sum and it encouraged them to cut a deal with Hibs.

Big_Franck
23-05-2017, 02:30 PM
As requested. Hope this comes out okay.

This Scottish Sun Article has been brought to you courtesy of NoScript and uBlock Origin.

UNCLE SAM Hearts ace Sam Nicholson could be set for shock move to MLS side Minnesota United – leaving Jambos with no compo for out-of-contract winger

The Scotland U-21 cap knocked back the offer of a new Tynecastle deal

Exclusive
By Kenny Millar
23rd May 2017, 11:09 am
Updated: 23rd May 2017, 11:34 am

SAM NICHOLSON could be set for a shock move to MLS – leaving Hearts with NO compensation for the winger.
The 22-year-old is out of contract at Tynecastle and knocked back the offer of a new contract (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/930892/sam-nicholson-quit-hearts-ian-cathro-tynecastle/).

But the Jambos are entitled to a sum of around £400,000 for the Scotland Under-21 cap if he moves within this country – with the likes of Aberdeen and Rangers having previously been credited with an interest in Nicholson.
Keep up to date with ALL the latest news, transfers and goals from Scottish football (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/football/) plus fixtures, results and live match commentary
Barnsley are also said to be admirers of the Riccarton graduate, but new American outfit Minnesota United have made the strongest bid to date.
SunSport understands they have notified Hearts of their intent to speak to Nicholson and if it suits both parties he could jet out next week for a look around.
It would come as a blow to Hearts to miss out on the compensation, with St Mirren previously having been in a similar situation with Scotland midfielder John McGinn.
Houston Dynamo were desperate to land McGinn, which would have robbed Saints of a six-figure sum and it encouraged them to cut a deal with Hibs.

Cheers for that. And cheers to Ozyhibby for nothing :na na::greengrin

I can't see Nicholson going to America. I think this will have been leaked by his agent. It'll scare Hearts in to thinking they are going to get nothing for him at all, cue Rangers then stepping in and offering 100k or so. Hearts may take it rather than run the risk of getting nothing for him, and the new Rangers will get him for significantly less than a tribunal would have set IMO. I'll be delighted if this wee gimp is the level of player the Rangers are signing.

CRAZYHIBBY
23-05-2017, 03:32 PM
I heard hearts wouldn't pay the costs for his pubic lice treatment

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-05-2017, 03:35 PM
This would be lovely but I can't see the wee fud going to America. He'll stay in this country and his career will reach the same dizzy heights as their last tricky winger, David Templeton

HibbiesandtheBaddies
23-05-2017, 04:27 PM
Proper Heats man. Like a rat off a sinking ship...

Hibby70
23-05-2017, 04:31 PM
I heard hearts wouldn't pay the costs for his pubic lice treatment

Well he wouldn't have caught them off his girlfriend

Jones28
23-05-2017, 04:32 PM
This would be lovely but I can't see the wee fud going to America. He'll stay in this country and his career will reach the same dizzy heights as their last tricky winger, David Templeton

Where is that wee scrote nowadays?

dalkeith stu
23-05-2017, 04:38 PM
Where is that wee scrote nowadays?

Hamilton

jgl07
23-05-2017, 06:21 PM
No real difference from what it was like before Bosman came in. Players could not move even if they were out of contract without agreement of their club.

Yes they could move. They could join anyone they liked. It went to a transfer tribunal to determine the compensation.

Remember when Brian Hamilton signed for Hearts after leaving Hibs when his contract expired. Hibs later picked up around £400,000 and he played only 25 matches for Hearts.

It was the situation up to the early 1960s when players could not move without permission. George Eastham fought for that to change.

HFCdeb
23-05-2017, 10:03 PM
Maroon is such a hideous colour.

GreenLake
23-05-2017, 10:07 PM
I don't think his nut fondling celebration will go down very well in the MLS.

The goalie
24-05-2017, 10:46 AM

Missing the big picture here, he can go to the MLS and play for the next 6 months then in their close season sign for Rangers or whoever for heehaw comp to the Hearts. That could be part of his contract with the MLS team that he comes for free and can go for free.

Haymaker
24-05-2017, 03:36 PM
Missing the big picture here, he can go to the MLS and play for the next 6 months then in their close season sign for Rangers or whoever for heehaw comp to the Hearts. That could be part of his contract with the MLS team that he comes for free and can go for free.

Possibly. Good point

Bostonhibby
24-05-2017, 04:42 PM
It's not really a colour like green or blue is.

It's an outcome that is achievable if you get the right shaded jobby and mix it with a bit of red.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

HFCdeb
24-05-2017, 05:13 PM

So you agree that maroon is a hideous colour?

HFCdeb
24-05-2017, 05:14 PM

It's an outcome that is achievable if you get the right shaded jobby and mix it with a bit of red.

Correct.

Jack Hackett
24-05-2017, 05:21 PM

:agree:

More a stain than a colour... a nasty one

PatHead
29-05-2017, 08:57 PM
Heard Barnsley are after him. Would Hearts get compensation?

iwasthere1972
29-05-2017, 08:59 PM
He went to the USA today to speak to an MSL team. Can't remember who and can't be bothered looking it up.

WoreTheGreen
29-05-2017, 09:07 PM
BSG kickers. Ball sac grabers

PatHead
29-05-2017, 09:10 PM
I know he went to USA but heard Barnsley have been talking to him. Would you rather play in the championship or in USA? Might go over for an all expenses paid look though. In answer to my question, would Hearts get anything from Barnsley?

Elephant Stone
29-05-2017, 09:13 PM
I want compensation from Sam Nicholson for what I had to see last season. What the **** was that? Absolute weirdo. :hilarious

I'd share it with that Perth linesman as well.

Rat.

Winston Ingram
29-05-2017, 09:14 PM
I know he went to USA but heard Barnsley have been talking to him. Would you rather play in the championship or in USA? Might go over for an all expenses paid look though. In answer to my question, would Hearts get anything from Barnsley?

Aye.

iwasthere1972
29-05-2017, 09:16 PM
Aye.

Thought it was only if he was transferred to a club in Scotland.

PatHead
29-05-2017, 09:19 PM
Thought it was only if he was transferred to a club in Scotland.

That is what I amn't sure about.

Diclonius
29-05-2017, 09:21 PM
Scorer of the last meaningful goal in an Edinburgh derby. Shame it didn't stay meaningful.

29-05-2017, 09:39 PM
I'm gutted his goal stopped us ending our 116 year Scottish cup drought.

Billy Whizz
29-05-2017, 09:39 PM

They'll get something, but only a fraction of what they'd get from within Scotland
Sam obviously doesn't like Hearts, if he's doing everything to stop them getting a decent fee for him

iwasthere1972
29-05-2017, 10:18 PM
They'll get something, but only a fraction of what they'd get from within Scotland
Sam obviously doesn't like Hearts, if he's doing everything to stop them getting a decent fee for him

I think you're right. Maybe get enough to fill the big freezer at Tynecastle with frozen chips.

bingo70
30-05-2017, 10:29 AM
Jamie Walker now confirmed to have left Hearts as well.

Scouse Hibee
30-05-2017, 10:43 AM

Have Hearts actually confirmed it yet? I posted weeks ago he was going but haven't seen Hearts confirm it other than Levein mention in his press conference that he wanted away. Walker is abroad at the moment until tomorrow.

bingo70
30-05-2017, 10:49 AM
Have Hearts actually confirmed it yet? I posted weeks ago he was going but haven't seen Hearts confirm it other than Levein mention in his press conference that he wanted away. Walker is abroad at the moment until tomorrow.

Sorry I meant confirmed he's asked to leave.

That's just from Leveins press conference earlier today

CraigHibee
30-05-2017, 10:49 AM
:agree:

More a stain than a colour... a nasty one

***** shows on and inside a maroon shirt :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
30-05-2017, 10:59 AM
Sorry I meant confirmed he's asked to leave.

That's just from Leveins press conference earlier today

:aok:

Deansy
30-05-2017, 11:08 AM

'Rats' and 'Ship' spring to mind - used to be such a 'Big team', too ...........................

Jack Hackett
30-05-2017, 12:01 PM
'Rats' and 'Ship' spring to mind - used to be such a 'Big team', too ...........................

Yeah but... 1-5 n'all that.