PDA

View Full Version : Luke Leahy leaving Falkirk !

Jag7
23-05-2017, 09:17 AM
Some people on here rate him ??

Falkirk first team players Luke Leahy, Bob McHugh and Fraser Aird have left the club.

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/falkirk/falkirk-announce-departure-of-seven-players-1-4454030

Craig_HFC
23-05-2017, 09:18 AM
I think he's pish.

GreenOnions
23-05-2017, 09:27 AM
The article states that these players have not signed new contracts. That indicates to me that they were offered and refused new deals and are talking to other clubs.

FWIW Leahy has impressed me when he's played against us.

My_Wife_Camille
23-05-2017, 09:29 AM
I think he's pish.
Definitely not pish but nowhere near good or consistent enough for a team going for top 3 or 4. If he stays at Scotland it will be at someone like Killie, Hamilton or Hearts

J-C
23-05-2017, 09:30 AM
Looked good going forward but his final ball against Dundee U was pretty poor at times, is he any better than Lewis or Crane? I don't think he is.

cabbageandribs1875
23-05-2017, 09:30 AM
no ta, next

givescotlandfreedom
23-05-2017, 09:35 AM
Good, let's hope Falkirk rot.

brog
23-05-2017, 10:13 AM
Looked good going forward but his final ball against Dundee U was pretty poor at times, is he any better than Lewis or Crane? I don't think he is.

I watched both play off games & I saw him hit one shocking cross out of play. Against that he hit 2 or 3 superb low balls, really fizzed into the box, something we don't do too often from the left though Humphrey did once or twice. Chris Sutton specifically commented on the excellence of those crosses. I'm a big fan of Lewis, can't comment on Calum as I've never seen him, suspect not too many have, but I think Leahy could give us decent cover all down the left side. I suspect however he may already have a new club.

Mikey09
23-05-2017, 10:23 AM
Some people on here rate him ??

Falkirk first team players Luke Leahy, Bob McHugh and Fraser Aird have left the club.

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/falkirk/falkirk-announce-departure-of-seven-players-1-4454030

I would certainly take this lad.

CapitalGreen
23-05-2017, 10:29 AM
I would certainly take this lad.

Based on anything other than the game against Scotland?

Released by a piss poor Rangers team and now released by a poor Falkirk team.

Unseen work
23-05-2017, 10:36 AM
Should 100% be looking at Leahy.

unfortunatley can see him going back down south.

JimBHibees
23-05-2017, 10:48 AM
no ta, next

Agree.

Centre Hawf
23-05-2017, 10:51 AM
I'd take him personally. Seems a decent attacking full back. I like Lewis though but it could be his long term replacement/competition.

J-C
23-05-2017, 11:22 AM
Based on anything other than the game against Scotland?

Released by a piss poor Rangers team and now released by a poor Falkirk team.

Not quite released by Falkirk, he isn't signing a new contract, big difference to being let go by them.

IAmLee
23-05-2017, 11:42 AM
I would take Leahy, he didn't have his best game the other night but he is a good defender and usually pretty good going forward. Would be better suited to the wingback position than Lewis imo and if Lennon wants to play a back 3 we need more attacking threat from both players who play that position......

Since90+2
23-05-2017, 11:45 AM
Leahy is a decent player but I dont think he would improve our side. Would be a good backup to Lewis.

Fraser Aird is absolutely tom kite.

JDHibs
23-05-2017, 11:46 AM
If Lennon wants to play 3 at the back Leahy would be a good option at wing back. May not be as solid defensively as Stevenson but he is better going forward in my opinion.

Looks like he will be going down south either way

Dashing Bob S
23-05-2017, 11:49 AM
Trust Lenny and if he goes for the guy he must see something coachable in him. On the evidence of my eyes though, if we sign him we are making a strong pitch for 7th/8th slot.

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2017, 11:50 AM
I have only ever seen him when he's played against us, and the last 2 games and on those performances i think he's a good player.

He's better at going forward than anything we have currently, perhaps not as good at defending as Lewis, but he's definitely better that Callum Booth who we were hoping was going to be the next best thing.

I think he's worth a contract.

SanFranHibs
23-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Good, let's hope Falkirk rot.

It is this kind of petty, short-sighted attitude that makes me wonder is it really all worth it. Is it Hibs class?

To want a team to rot, probably just because of one person, Houston, might be considered utterly pathetic.

And just because I hope the new MLS team Minnesota United get their derriere kicked every week on the off chance that one of the Riccarton graduates (Assuming there are others), Sam Nicholson, signs for them has no bearing on how mean spirited your sentiments are.

Mine are of course emanate from the most noble of spirits.

:wink:

:greengrin

nellio
23-05-2017, 02:03 PM
We only have one left back so surely if available we should be looking at him to add to the squad.

J-C
23-05-2017, 02:07 PM
We only have one left back so surely if available we should be looking at him to add to the squad.

Callum Crane?

greenlex
23-05-2017, 02:08 PM

We have two.

nellio
23-05-2017, 02:13 PM
Crane doesn't get a look in though? If judged to not be good enough to play in the championship then why would Lennon play him in the top league? Why was Hanlon moved there if Crane is good enough?

FitbaFolkKen
23-05-2017, 02:15 PM
I've always thought he looked good against us, I think he would be a decent acquisition and give Lewis some solid competition for the LB spot.

JDHibs
23-05-2017, 02:29 PM
Crane doesn't get a look in though? If judged to not be good enough to play in the championship then why would Lennon play him in the top league? Why was Hanlon moved there if Crane is good enough?

If you are talking about earlier in the season when LS was suspended, PH was moved to left back as CC was injured.

Nothing to do with him being good enough or not. Crane is really unfortunate tjhat LS is a reliable solid full back who never gets injured and rarely gets suspended.

hibbysam
23-05-2017, 02:33 PM
I'm more than comfortable with Lewis, with Crane and Mackie coming up in the coming year or two.

neil7908
23-05-2017, 02:34 PM
I've have him to give Stevenson some competition. Always felt we're very light down the left side of the pitch and can't imagine Leahy wanting a huge wage.

Pete70
23-05-2017, 04:53 PM
He's not for me. Not as consistent as Stevenson and I would rather give Crane another year to see if he can develop further. Also, Hanlon can cover left back and if Efe signs there will be a lot of competition for places.

ancient hibee
23-05-2017, 05:50 PM
Don't believe in signing players as competition.We should spend money on what we really really need--a wide attacking player with pace,a strong forward and a goal scoring midfielder.These players should be ready to go straight into the team.It's up to the players already here to provide the competition.

Unseen work
23-05-2017, 05:53 PM
Although a left back he is more than capable of playing as a wing back or in midfield as a winger.

He would be a very good signing.

Fit, pacey, good on the ball, can beat a man and deliver a good cross.

The best attribute I think is his movement, he is a midfielders dream.

Stubbsy2016
23-05-2017, 05:59 PM
I'd take him.

His goal against us in the play-offs was a belter.

Would also look at Sibbald and Nathan Austin.

My_Wife_Camille
24-05-2017, 12:36 AM
I'd take him.

His goal against us in the play-offs was a belter.

Would also look at Sibbald and Nathan Austin.

I've looked at Austin. Not anywhere near good enough

Dashing Bob S
24-05-2017, 02:49 AM
I've looked at Austin. Not anywhere near good enough

Pish

hibbycraig
24-05-2017, 07:12 AM
The way that leahy and sibbald worked together on that wing is what we need down the flanks. Can see leahy and McGinn working in a similar style.

CapitalGreen
24-05-2017, 07:32 AM
Not quite released by Falkirk, he isn't signing a new contract, big difference to being let go by them.

and the pish poor Rangers team?

My_Wife_Camille
24-05-2017, 11:26 AM
Pish

Pish is harsh, just not good enough