PDA

View Full Version : Moyes quits Sunderland

H18 SFR
22-05-2017, 04:04 PM
Moyes resigns - which rag will be first to link Lennon?

I will go for the Record.

Ozyhibby
22-05-2017, 04:07 PM
They won't be wanting Cummings now then. Good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
22-05-2017, 04:09 PM

Agreed!

It will actually be interesting to see who they go for.

Scouse Hibee
22-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Where next for Moyes? Had high hopes for him after his steady eddy years at Everton.

Bishop Hibee
22-05-2017, 04:26 PM
Sadly Sunderland are a mess. Can't see them coming straight back up unless Ellis Short finds a buyer. He's worth £1bn but can't see his way to putting much more into the club. Spent £100m already though apparently!

greenlex
22-05-2017, 04:26 PM
Not surprised. He looked like he had had enough. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
22-05-2017, 05:03 PM
No surprise. Just didn't look like he was up for the challenge of fighting it out with Leeds, Hull, Sheff Wed etc etc next season.

Can't see a Premiership team going for him so his main earnings will probably come from punditry with Sky.

Billy Whizz
22-05-2017, 05:03 PM
Moyes resigns - which rag will be first to link Lennon?

I will go for the Record.

Best for both parties at Sunderland

bingo70
22-05-2017, 05:07 PM
No surprise. Just didn't look like he was up for the challenge of fighting it out with Leeds, Hull, Sheff Wed etc etc next season.

Can't see a Premiership team going for him so his main earnings will probably come from punditry with Sky.

Next Scotland manager maybe?

Think Martin Bain quite senior at Sunderland so not impossible they could look to someone with a Scottish connection. Derek Mcinnes maybe?

ekhibee
22-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Next Scotland manager maybe?

Think Martin Bain quite senior at Sunderland so not impossible they could look to someone with a Scottish connection. Derek Mcinnes maybe?
Alec Neil?

ekhibee
22-05-2017, 05:28 PM
I see Ranieri's 11/4 for the Watford job too.

Topographic Hibby
22-05-2017, 05:32 PM
Had a look at a SAFC forum. Lennon not mentioned, still tainted by Bolton perhaps and Scottish league being regarded lower than the Wearside Dominoes League (2nd Division). They seem to like Gary Monk and fear getting Roy Hodgson.

ekhibee
22-05-2017, 05:35 PM
Had a look at a SAFC forum. Lennon not mentioned, still tainted by Bolton perhaps and Scottish league being regarded lower than the Wearside Dominoes League (2nd Division). They seem to like Gary Monk and fear getting Roy Hodgson.
Monk's 4/9 for the Middlesboro gig according to Skybet.

bingo70
22-05-2017, 05:39 PM
Is monk not doing a good job for Leeds? Why would he leave there? Apologies if I'm getting mixed up with someone else.

Nigel clough will go to Boro imo

Hibernia&Alba
22-05-2017, 05:49 PM
He must regret leaving Everton now. It's been a terrible few years for him.

Haymaker
22-05-2017, 05:52 PM
He'll need to drop down and rebuild his reputation.

Could be the next Scotland manager right enough.

theonlywayisup
22-05-2017, 05:53 PM
Where next for Moyes? Had high hopes for him after his steady eddy years at Everton.

I read on the BBC website that he still has 2 years left of his Man United contract left.

"It is a sign of how his stock has fallen that since he wasawarded a six-year contract to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester Unitedin 2013 he has been sacked at Old Trafford, again at Spanish side Real Sociedadand now has a relegation and resignation on his CV at Sunderland.

And there are still two years left on that originalManchester United contract."

Surely he still not being paid by Man United?

Franck Stanton
22-05-2017, 05:58 PM

This was my first thought when I read the headline

jacomo
22-05-2017, 06:27 PM

Wouldn't be sure. I reckon Martin Bain will be the one responsible, if the rumours are true.

ChicagoHibee
22-05-2017, 06:29 PM

Hearts

snooky
22-05-2017, 06:49 PM
He must regret leaving Everton now. It's been a terrible few years for him.

Ka-ching! ka-ching! Terrible years indeed.
I'll have some of that.

tamig
22-05-2017, 07:15 PM
Is monk not doing a good job for Leeds? Why would he leave there? Apologies if I'm getting mixed up with someone else.

That was my first thought when I saw Monk's name being linked. Leeds are a bigger club than both Boro and Sunderland imo and narrowly missed out on the play-offs this season. I'd reckon they'd be a decent shout for promotion next season.

Brooster
22-05-2017, 07:23 PM
Good riddance to the soft man who ordered his players to kick the ball out on 26 minutes at Chelsea yesterday to allow John Terry to carry out the most cringey self centered arrogant act of narcissim you will ever see.

iwasthere1972
22-05-2017, 07:47 PM
Good riddance to the soft man who ordered his players to kick the ball out on 26 minutes at Chelsea yesterday to allow John Terry to carry out the most cringey self centered arrogant act of narcissim you will ever see.

Hated by everybody outside Chelsea although I'm pretty sure that even some of their fans didn't agree with it.

I see from SSN that a few people had bets on him being substituted on 26 minutes. Granted that they were only small amounts (£10 and £25) but with the odds offered at 100/1 it was good money. The bets were also paid out. Wish I had known. :greengrin

Smartie
22-05-2017, 07:59 PM

Are Leeds not still owned by that complete rocket who sacks a manager every 5 minutes?

At least Boro are a reasonably stable, well-run club whose chairman always seemed to be a good lad.

jacomo
22-05-2017, 09:10 PM

Fitting end to his Chelsea career. Self-centred pr1ck.

mca
22-05-2017, 09:19 PM
Next Scotland manager maybe??

Recent Results Suggest.. - Cathy is a Shoe Horn for the Job... naw :wink:

snooky
22-05-2017, 09:30 PM
Please explain this.

"Moyes resigns"

Short says "Moyes was not taking compensation for his departure, calling it a 'testament to his character'. "

Surely if he resigned he would be entitled to zip? Sounds to me he's been pushed.

1van Sprou7e
22-05-2017, 09:40 PM
Please explain this.

"Moyes resigns"

Short says "Moyes was not taking compensation for his departure, calling it a 'testament to his character'. "

Surely if he resigned he would be entitled to zip? Sounds to me he's been pushed.

If you're sacked then you're still entitled to compensation...

lapsedhibee
22-05-2017, 10:14 PM
Please explain this.

"Moyes resigns"

Yes, hard to make out from the BBC report whose decision it was. Has 'by mutual consent' gone out of fashion now?

snooky
22-05-2017, 10:19 PM
If you're sacked then you're still entitled to compensation...

That's my point. If he doesn't want his compensation, he must have been punted.

Dashing Bob S
23-05-2017, 06:19 AM
Monk's 4/9 for the Middlesboro gig according to Skybet.

Can't see Monk taking such a high profile job. I've heard he likes the quiet life.

Dashing Bob S
23-05-2017, 06:21 AM
Ka-ching! ka-ching! Terrible years indeed.
I'll have some of that.

Yes, difficult to think of any other life (outside politics and banking) where abject failure can be so astonishingly lucrative.

Jim44
23-05-2017, 07:16 AM
Can't see Monk taking such a high profile job. I've heard he likes the quiet life.

:tee hee:

Phil MaGlass
23-05-2017, 01:55 PM
I read on the BBC website that he still has 2 years left of his Man United contract left.

"It is a sign of how his stock has fallen that since he wasawarded a six-year contract to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester Unitedin 2013 he has been sacked at Old Trafford, again at Spanish side Real Sociedadand now has a relegation and resignation on his CV at Sunderland.

And there are still two years left on that originalManchester United contract."

Surely he still not being paid by Man United?

Ronald Koeman was exactly the same but then came good?

FitbaFolkKen
23-05-2017, 02:26 PM
That's my point. If he doesn't want his compensation, he must have been punted.

Apparently he is helping them with their choice of replacement.

If he had made them sack him he would have got around £3 million but as he "chose" to step down then he got nothing. Obviously realises the club is in a state and has done his bit to help after a terrible season.

Fair play to him.... although I would have taken the compo!!!!

Holmesdale Hibs
23-05-2017, 08:40 PM
Not surprised. He looked like he had had enough. :greengrin

If he didn't have a career in football he would have walked in to the trainspotting cast.