PDA

View Full Version : Scotland squad to face England

Jag7
22-05-2017, 01:31 PM
With Jack Hamilton and Christophe Berra 😂😂😂😂😂

Scotland squad to face England: Craig Gordon (Celtic), Jack Hamilton (Heart of Midlothian), David Marshall (Hull City), Allan McGregor (Hull City), Ikechi Anya (Derby County), Christophe Berra (Ipswich Town), Stephen Kingsley (Swansea City), Russell Martin (Norwich City), Charlie Mulgrew (Blackburn Rovers), Mark Reynolds (Aberdeen), Andrew Robertson (Hull City), Kieran Tierney (Celtic), Stuart Armstrong (Celtic), Barry Bannan (Sheffield Wednesday), Scott Brown (Celtic), Tom Cairney (Fulham), Darren Fletcher (West Bromwich Albion), Ryan Fraser (Bournemouth), James Forrest (Celtic), James McArthur (Crystal Palace), John McGinn (Hibernian), Kenny McLean (Aberdeen), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion), Robert Snodgrass (West Ham United), Steven Fletcher (Sheffield Wednesday), Leigh Griffiths (Celtic), Chris Martin (Derby County), Jamie Murphy (Brighton and Hove Albion), Steven Naismith (Norwich City)

Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/gordon-strachan-names-scotland-squad-to-face-england-1-4453326

Scottie
22-05-2017, 01:50 PM
4 keepers ?

I ken we want to stop these scoring but WTF :dunno:

Michael
22-05-2017, 01:56 PM
So basically it'll be an English Championship team vs. an English Premiership team.

Dashing Bob S
22-05-2017, 02:14 PM
So basically it'll be an English Championship team vs. an English Premiership team.

An average premiership team against an average championship team to boot.

I love the way we have to have TWO Hull City goalkeepers in the squad, just in case one isn't terrible enough.

Nameless
22-05-2017, 02:20 PM
What has Hamilton done to earn a call up?

Baldy Foghorn
22-05-2017, 02:22 PM
2 keepers from Hull (so 1 can't be playing regular football), and Hamilton:rolleyes:

JDHibs
22-05-2017, 02:31 PM
2 keepers from Hull (so 1 can't be playing regular football), and Hamilton:rolleyes:

McGregor has been out on loan at Cardiff...

Keyser Sauzee
22-05-2017, 02:32 PM
Tin hat on here but I'm no sure McGinn should be in ahead of McGregor at Celtic over recent performances, happy he is just not sure it's fully deserved.

Baldy Foghorn
22-05-2017, 02:35 PM

Ah, Cheers for that:aok:

Bishop Hibee
22-05-2017, 02:45 PM
What has Hamilton done to earn a call up?

He'll be there to gain experience of being in the squad. Same as McGinn when he was first called up. No surprises either in the squad or the .net negative reaction.

erin go bragh
22-05-2017, 02:47 PM
Hamilton? Don't get it . Probably their worst keeper since Henry drop the ball Smith .

Nameless
22-05-2017, 02:51 PM
He'll be there to gain experience of being in the squad. Same as McGinn when he was first called up. No surprises either in the squad or the .net negative reaction.
I would agree, if Hamilton was a good prospect - he's not.

easty
22-05-2017, 02:53 PM

Yep, but the one still at Hull still hasn't been playing regular football.

JDHibs
22-05-2017, 02:54 PM
As others have said, Hamilton will be there for experience, same as McGinn.

I dont rate him, dont think hes even that good a prospect, but this is Strachan we are talking about... the man who picks no natural right backs, who leaves our best striker on the bench continually and the man who continually picks the same players that have failed us previously i.e Martin/Hanley...

Bishop Hibee
22-05-2017, 02:56 PM
I would agree, if Hamilton was a good prospect - he's not.

I agree with you as he's looked poor when I've watched Hearts . I was just explaining why Strachan picked him as he must believe he has potential. None of the other 3 keepers are getting any younger and Scott Bain seems to have gone backwards this season.

Bishop Hibee
22-05-2017, 02:58 PM
As others have said, Hamilton will be there for experience, same as McGinn.

I dont rate him, dont think hes even that good a prospect, but this is Strachan we are talking about... the man who picks no natural right backs, who leaves our best striker on the bench continually and the man who continually picks the same players that have failed us previously i.e Martin/Hanley...

Callum Patterson would be right back if he was fit. Strachan mustn't rate Bardsley. Tierney played well at RB in the last game. Martin scored the winner for us last game in case you didn't notice.

ekhibee
22-05-2017, 03:02 PM
Tin hat on here but I'm no sure McGinn should be in ahead of McGregor at Celtic over recent performances, happy he is just not sure it's fully deserved.
I know what you mean, McGregor should be a stick on, much as I like McGinn.

1van Sprou7e
22-05-2017, 03:09 PM

He might be young but he is also terrible so yes it's a surprise he keeps getting called up, especially when we already have 3 GKs in the squad

JDHibs
22-05-2017, 03:18 PM
Callum Patterson would be right back if he was fit. Strachan mustn't rate Bardsley. Tierney played well at RB in the last game. Martin scored the winner for us last game in case you didn't notice.

Chris Martin scored the winner in our last game, not Russell Martin. If you didnt notice?

HibbyAndy
22-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Jack Hamilton ?? You have to be ****ing kidding me !!! WTF

Scouse Hibee
22-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Hahaha fans up in arms at the squad selection. Wait until we pump you, then you will really be annoyed ;-)

silverhibee
22-05-2017, 03:55 PM
Yep, but the one still at Hull still hasn't been playing regular football.

That's been happening for years with Scotland players, not getting a game for the club they play for but get selected for the Scotland squad, Hamilton has only missed the last few games for his team, he will be getting called up for the experience, just like McGinn, who imo doesn't deserve a call up to the Scotland squad either but is there for the experience and him and Hamilton will sit in the stand to watch the game.

Snodgrass has hardly started many games for West Ham, D Fletcher is only being picked for his experience, Forrest, only Strachan will know why he is in the squad, and there must be better than Berra somewhere out there in the game.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-05-2017, 05:05 PM
He might be young but he is also terrible so yes it's a surprise he keeps getting called up, especially when we already have 3 GKs in the squad

Belinda keeps playing him with his confidence shot possibly to the point of no return according to my yam colleague. Gordon is probably giving him a wee pickup.

PeterboroHibee
22-05-2017, 05:28 PM

Robertson and Tierney are probably two of Scotland's best players at the moment, and Tierney played well at RB. I can see him being played there going forward.

Regarding the rest of the team, its fairly standard for Strachan. I dont really have a problem with him selecting Hamilton, but bringing 4 goalkeepers seems quite pointless.

Mike Berry
24-05-2017, 06:45 PM
Can't believe Hamilton is in the squad. He's rank. Maybe not quite Zibi Malkowski rank, but bad.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Holmesdale Hibs
24-05-2017, 08:17 PM

And Marshall is sub. So 2 Hull keepers and neither actually gets a game for them.

The defence is the biggest worry for me, we've looked dodgy for years.

tamig
24-05-2017, 08:21 PM
4 keepers ?

I ken we want to stop these scoring but WTF :dunno:

Is he Yogi in disguise?

WTF indeed. Wee man's lost it.

allezsauzee
24-05-2017, 09:18 PM
4 keepers seems a lot but we also have 12 midfielders in a squad of 29. Presumably that will be cut nearer the time?

Sammy7nil
24-05-2017, 09:56 PM
An average premiership team against an average championship team to boot.

I love the way we have to have TWO Hull City goalkeepers in the squad, just in case one isn't terrible enough.

The home championship team must have a decent chance then :confused:

Sammy7nil
24-05-2017, 10:01 PM
Jack Hamilton ?? You have to be ****ing kidding me !!! WTF

IMHO he is gash but how do build for the future if young players with regular first team experience don't get in and around the squad? He has zero chance of playing, name a younger keeper with his experience who will benefit if called up ?