PDA

View Full Version : Danny Swanson

StevieC
22-05-2017, 08:52 AM
.. singing Sunshine on Leith at the St Johnstone player of the year awards last night.

He's one of our own ...

snooky
22-05-2017, 10:04 AM
.. singing Sunshine on Leith at the St Johnstone player of the year awards last night.

He's one of our own ...

Sorry, not Hibs class. Disrespectful.

But I would love to have been there. :wink:

StevieC
22-05-2017, 02:06 PM

I got the impression it was friendly banter, enjoyed at an evening that was thoroughly enjoyed by the supporters.

I get the impression he's still very highly thought of at St Johnstone by the fans. Like Liam Craig (and David Wotherspoon before him) they would welcome him back if it doesn't turn out well at Hibs.

overdrive
22-05-2017, 08:31 PM
I got the impression it was friendly banter, enjoyed at an evening that was thoroughly enjoyed by the supporters.

I get the impression he's still very highly thought of at St Johnstone by the fans. Like Liam Craig (and David Wotherspoon before him) they would welcome him back if it doesn't turn out well at Hibs.

Was Wotherspoon ever at St Johnstone before us? I thought we got him from Celtic.

DTS
22-05-2017, 11:31 PM
Any link to the singing?

J-C
23-05-2017, 09:34 AM

Wotherspoon was at last years final wearing a Hibs scarf and singing sunshine on Leith while still a St Johnstone player, was he disrespectful?

tamig
23-05-2017, 09:40 AM
Was Wotherspoon ever at St Johnstone before us? I thought we got him from Celtic.

He wasn't but he's from the area and a life long Saints fan. One of their own you could say.

JDHibs
23-05-2017, 09:40 AM
Wotherspoon was at last years final wearing a Hibs scarf and singing sunshine on Leith while still a St Johnstone player, was he disrespectful?

Griffiths turns up to Hibs games all the time, whilst a Celtic player, he not Hibs class either?

Their teams pay their wages, just the same as your company pay yours, doesnt mean you cant show who you actually support.

Tamhere1875
23-05-2017, 09:42 AM

Can you tell me and thousands more on here "what is Hibs class"

J-C
23-05-2017, 09:49 AM
Griffiths turns up to Hibs games all the time, whilst a Celtic player, he not Hibs class either?

Their teams pay their wages, just the same as your company pay yours, doesnt mean you cant show who you actually support.

Exactly, end of season awards, he's already signed a pre contract, was open with the manager and players re his leaving, all a bit of banter and no one at St Johnstone batted an eyelid over it, except someone on this board.

snooky
23-05-2017, 09:57 AM
Exactly, end of season awards, he's already signed a pre contract, was open with the manager and players re his leaving, all a bit of banter and no one at St Johnstone batted an eyelid over it, except someone on this board.

That would be me then. :greengrin

Actually, if it was done in good humour then fair dos.:aok:

J-C
23-05-2017, 09:59 AM
That would be me then. :greengrin

Actually, if it was done in good humour then fair dos.:aok:

:aok:

Libby Hibby
23-05-2017, 10:01 AM
I thought Wotherspoon was part of the SJ youth set up that was disbanded about 12-15 years ago.

We picked him up when he was club less so to speak.

Could be wrong.

J-C
23-05-2017, 10:07 AM
I thought Wotherspoon was part of the youth set up that was disbanded about 12-15 years ago.

We picked him up when he was club less so to speak.

Could be wrong.

says on his Wiki that he was at Celtic before he came here.

seanoheimhin
23-05-2017, 10:49 AM
Hmm not so sure many on here would think it was 'all a bit of banter' if SJM or JC were singing the respective songs of the club they eventually leave hibs for at OUR awards dinner... pre-contract or otherwise.

JDHibs
23-05-2017, 10:53 AM
Hmm not so sure many on here would think it was 'all a bit of banter' if SJM or JC were singing the respective songs of the club they eventually leave hibs for at OUR awards dinner... pre-contract or otherwise.

If they support that club then whats the problem?

As long as its never affected their performances on the park for Hibs what does it matter who someone supports?

Does it matter than Cummings has a picture going around of him doing the 5-1 at Tynie when he bangs in 20 goals a season? Nope, couldnt care less.

J-C
23-05-2017, 11:19 AM

Sunshine on Leith is not actually a football song, it's been adopted by us as the lyrics are spot on, it's a song written by 2 big Hibs supporting songwriters, totally different to signing a football club chant or football related song of another club. If he'd been singing a Hibs song which is sung on the terrace, then you could say it was too much and disrespectful.

lapsedhibee
23-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Sunshine on Leith is not actually a football song ...
... it is now!

Dashing Bob S
23-05-2017, 12:22 PM
If they support that club then whats the problem?

As long as its never affected their performances on the park for Hibs what does it matter who someone supports?

Does it matter than Cummings has a picture going around of him doing the 5-1 at Tynie when he bangs in 20 goals a season? Nope, couldnt care less.

Makes it all the sweeter for me, especially when he scores against Los Yambolinos. "Here's what you could have had and gave us for zilch, you absolute tools."

Ozyhibby
23-05-2017, 01:27 PM
On top of his goals this season Swanson had pretty good assist stats as well.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170523/2ea5d4b52e4294147b02402173873835.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk