21-05-2017, 03:08 PM
Here we go, two in a row!

:flag::flag::flag:

hibs0666
21-05-2017, 03:17 PM
1 1 after 5 mins.

The Harp
21-05-2017, 03:22 PM
Lovely goal for Hibs. Pity to lose the equaliser so soon after it.
'mon the Hibs!

Jag7
21-05-2017, 03:30 PM
Hibs the better team so far !

Pete
21-05-2017, 03:41 PM
I like the look of Celtics #7.

weecounty hibby
21-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Go on the girls!!!!!!!!

Mainstandman
21-05-2017, 03:46 PM
2-1 for us

Mainstandman
21-05-2017, 03:47 PM
I like the look of Celtics #7.

I'm hoping as a footballer

ManBearPig
21-05-2017, 03:51 PM
Where is it being played Hibs better especially down the flanks

ManBearPig
21-05-2017, 03:55 PM
That was close should've been 3

SouthMoroccoStu
21-05-2017, 04:00 PM
Ht hibs 2-1 up!

Lago
21-05-2017, 04:00 PM
The women getting beaten by the ladies:agree:

Lago
21-05-2017, 04:01 PM
Cumbernauld, Clyde's ground.

Jonnyboy
21-05-2017, 04:04 PM
Decent Hibs support here. Including Boyler, of course!

weecounty hibby
21-05-2017, 04:15 PM
3-1 go on the girls

Pete
21-05-2017, 04:22 PM

St. James' centre by the looks of it.

AltheHibby
21-05-2017, 04:24 PM
Am I going mad or are the corner flags at our end lying on the ground?

HoboHarry
21-05-2017, 04:27 PM
Decent Hibs support here. Including Boyler, of course!
Did Boyle happen to bump into Jordi Cruyff on the bus to the game?

blackpoolhibs
21-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Just turned it over to the womans match, and a celtic player took a corner and it looked like it came back off the post, then the same player who took the corner put the ball back in the box??????

Surely thats a free kick to Hibs? :confused:

Pete
21-05-2017, 04:35 PM
I'm hoping as a footballer

Erm, of course.

Pete
21-05-2017, 04:37 PM
Just turned it over to the womans match, and a celtic player took a corner and it looked like it came back off the post, then the same player who took the corner put the ball back in the box??????

I think it took a touch off another player.

StevieT
21-05-2017, 04:38 PM

Well spotted that man. Said exactly the same to my wife

hibby6270

Just saw that but I don't think you can be offside from your own pass, which technically it was.

Still. 3-1 up. Could it be a glorious double 21st May celebration.

I'd happily take a 3-2 outcome!! :wink::wink:

Fritz
That horn thing that someone keeps blowing is doing my head in!

lord bunberry
21-05-2017, 04:40 PM
Just saw that but I don't think you can be offside from your own pass, which technically it was.

Still. 3-1 up. Could it be a glorious double 21st May celebration.

I'd happily take a 3-2 outcome!! :wink::wink:
It wouldn't be for offside. Another player has to touch the ball after the corner before the taker can touch it again.

hibby6270
21-05-2017, 04:43 PM
It wouldn't be for offside. Another player has to touch the ball after the corner before the taker can touch it again.

Ah right. Even after over 50+ years, every day's a school day.:greengrin

Glory Lurker
21-05-2017, 04:47 PM
We own 21 May!

SouthMoroccoStu
4-1 now

ManBearPig
Mon the hibees

brianmc
21-05-2017, 04:48 PM
Ah right. Even after over 50+ years, every day's a school day.:greengrin

It's the same for every restart of play: kick off, free kicks penalties, goal kicks (and corners obviously). The player taking it may only kick the ball once.

Malthibby
21-05-2017, 04:49 PM
Well on the way to retaining the League Cup. Don't get the chance to say that very often.
GG

Pete
21-05-2017, 04:49 PM
It's a fine day for Hibs to win a trophy.

blackpoolhibs
21-05-2017, 04:50 PM
It's the same for every restart of play: kick off, free kicks penalties, goal kicks (and corners obviously). The player taking it may only kick the ball once.

Maybe they have different rules for women, or as i suspect, the ref's are even worse than the men?

Ryan91
21-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Should have been 5 there

hibby6270
21-05-2017, 04:58 PM

Common sense when you think about it. LOL

weecounty hibby
21-05-2017, 05:01 PM
Well done ladies. Sunshine on Leith now playing. Good day for it!!

The Harp
21-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Congratulations to Hibs Ladies. Worthy winners.
21st May - what a special date this has become ... undoubtedly Hibs Day!

JohnMcM
21-05-2017, 05:14 PM
Good win for the ladies. Just finished watching it, they fully deserved that cup.:flag:

lucky
21-05-2017, 05:17 PM
Watched the last 5 minutes and the standard was awful but Hibs won

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-05-2017, 05:19 PM

:bitchy:

gaz1875
21-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Great steady performance, thoroughly deserved :flag:2 in a row.

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Well done the girls!

:thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
21-05-2017, 05:22 PM

Pity you missed the first 85 😄

J-C
21-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Watched it, good result, Hibs very dominant and deserving winners.

SquashedFrogg
21-05-2017, 05:28 PM

Yet another 'unnecessary' derogatory post. It's becoming boring and predictable. :rolleyes:

Well done Hibs Ladies on another success :flag:

Pete
21-05-2017, 05:33 PM

I think they were all just going through the motions.

It was a decent game as far as the women's sport is concerned.

oconnors_strip
21-05-2017, 05:35 PM
Well done to the ladies! Very confident display even with some regular starters out.

2 in a row here we go! 🏆🇳🇬

livi hibs 1875
21-05-2017, 05:36 PM
Well done to the ladies! Very confident display even with some regular starters out.

2 in a row here we go! 🏆🇳🇬

AltheHibby
21-05-2017, 05:39 PM
Seeing a Hibs team celebrating a cup win never stops being special. Thanks Hibs Ladies for another fantastic 21st of May.

--------
21-05-2017, 05:44 PM

:rolleyes: As Jonnyboy said - you should have watched the whole game. The standard IS lower than the professional men's game (though going by some of the games I've watched on Alba over the season just ending, the lassies are catching up fast. The Hibs ladies played well and deserved their win - it certainly wasn't luck and the rub of the green as the Celtc coach suggested after the game.

In England, the USA, Canada, Australia, women's football is accepted as a legitimate sport in its own right. In Scotland it's seen by far too many as "wee lassies trying to play a man's game". The women are dedicated, work very hard; they're basically amateurs and training fits in around work, family and studies. Hibernian Ladies are a credit to the club and the shirt.

Hibernia&Alba
21-05-2017, 05:45 PM
Congratulations to the lassies: superb win. They did us proud :flag:

--------
21-05-2017, 05:48 PM
Congratulations to the lassies: superb win. They did us proud :flag:

Hear, hear. :not worth:not worth:not worth

emerald green
21-05-2017, 06:02 PM

What do you mean by "the standard was awful"? Compared to what exactly? Your comment/put down is based on watching the last 5 minutes. :rolleyes:

Anyway, congratulations to Hibs ladies on winning the trophy. Well deserved.

Golden Bear
21-05-2017, 06:05 PM

:rolleyes:

Swedish hibee
21-05-2017, 06:38 PM
Well Done Hibs ladies🏆

HibbyDave
21-05-2017, 06:38 PM
Well done the hibs ladies!!!!

edwards
21-05-2017, 06:42 PM
Well done ladies a great achievment a massive pat on the back for the ladies

lucky
21-05-2017, 07:01 PM
What do you mean by "the standard was awful"? Compared to what exactly? Your comment/put down is based on watching the last 5 minutes. :rolleyes:

Anyway, congratulations to Hibs ladies on winning the trophy. Well deserved.

Compared to the football I watch. Which is men's professional, development league and even amateur football. I don't think by saying that the standard was awful was derogatory. I'm sure lots enjoyed it and I'm sure the women loved winning it but the 5 minutes I watched was of a poor standard. Anyway I'm glad that Hibs won

emerald green
21-05-2017, 07:14 PM
Compared to the football I watch. Which is men's professional, development league and even amateur football. I don't think by saying that the standard was awful was derogatory. I'm sure lots enjoyed it and I'm sure the women loved winning it but the 5 minutes I watched was of a poor standard. Anyway I'm glad that Hibs won

OK, so you aren't really making a fair or valid comparison.

HoboHarry
21-05-2017, 07:16 PM
Ridiculous comparison but well done you on being the first to post something negative regarding Hibs winning another trophy.

Congruence
21-05-2017, 07:52 PM

:taxi

1875STEVE
21-05-2017, 08:22 PM
The lassies Harrison & Smith for Hibs look a real handful. good players.

Brownlie, Small & Hunter very good as well.

What ive noticed in the womens game is the goalies are always pretty poor, thought the Hibs one looked solid, Fife? i think her name was.

Pretty Boy
21-05-2017, 08:31 PM
The lassies Harrison & Smith for Hibs look a real handful. good players.

Brownlie, Small & Hunter very good as well.

What ive noticed in the womens game is the goalies are always pretty poor, thought the Hibs one looked solid, Fife? i think her name was.

I think part of the reason for the poorer goalkeeping come down to size.

Male keepers tend to be big units both in height and strength and the average lady just isn't comparable. In saying that the average height of men is far taller than it was 70 years ago but goal dimensions have remained the same, maybe it's the mens game that needs to change.

Anyway, well done to the ladies. They are doing the club proud.

1875STEVE
21-05-2017, 08:34 PM
I think part of the reason for the poorer goalkeeping come down to size.

Male keepers tend to be big units both in height and strength and the average lady just isn't comparable. In saying that the average height of men is far taller than it was 70 years ago but goal dimensions have remained the same, maybe it's the mens game that needs to change.

Anyway, well done to the ladies. They are doing the club proud.

Exactly what I was thinking, they always look so small in the goals.

NAE NOOKIE
21-05-2017, 08:38 PM
Well done the ladies perfect day to win yet another cup as well, watched the whole game on ALBA ............ Thought the Celtic team played some nice football but the Hibs girls were far more clinical with their chances.

Congratulations :flag:

Brightside
21-05-2017, 09:44 PM

I was watching Real Madrid tonight. Hibs men are shockingly poor compared to them. Apples and oranges tho eh.

easty
22-05-2017, 06:45 AM
I was watching Real Madrid tonight. Hibs men are shockingly poor compared to them. Apples and oranges tho eh.

That's a fair comment. I don't think you'll now have a bunch of folk greeting about your (fair) assessment now though.

For me, men's football is "football", women's football is "women's football", it might as well be 2 different sports.

I'm glad our women's team is better than another women's team. I'd be glad if our under 10's team (if we have one) is better than other teams too, or if we had an OAP team, I'd want them to win as well. The quality of football on show would be ****, and I wouldn't watch it though.

I never understand why when people point that out, it pisses people off.

Brightside
22-05-2017, 07:42 AM
That's a fair comment. I don't think you'll now have a bunch of folk greeting about your (fair) assessment now though.

For me, men's football is "football", women's football is "women's football", it might as well be 2 different sports.

I'm glad our women's team is better than another women's team. I'd be glad if our under 10's team (if we have one) is better than other teams too, or if we had an OAP team, I'd want them to win as well. The quality of football on show would be ****, and I wouldn't watch it though.

I never understand why when people point that out, it pisses people off.

Football is different at every level. If you only want to watch the very best you wouldn't watch much football. You see some awful games at the womans level, and you see some shocking games even a pro youth Boys football. I still watch it all though as i love the game at all levels. I find it very weird when people continue to come on here just to say "Its not as good as the mens game" especially when as Hibs fans we have had to watch some utter ***** in the last 10 years.

easty
22-05-2017, 08:49 AM
Football is different at every level. If you only want to watch the very best you wouldn't watch much football. You see some awful games at the womans level, and you see some shocking games even a pro youth Boys football. I still watch it all though as i love the game at all levels. I find it very weird when people continue to come on here just to say "Its not as good as the mens game" especially when as Hibs fans we have had to watch some utter ***** in the last 10 years.

Utter *****...yes, but even at it's absolute worst it's Michelin star v Wimpy in comparison to the womens game.

Itsnoteasy
22-05-2017, 10:46 AM
Men's football in Scotland has been going on in an organised fashion - if 'organised' is the right word for what's been going on for the last 40 years - for nearly a century and a half. In that time we have achieved a present standard of play that can only (very kindly) be described as mediocre. Many people from many foreign parts could fairly describe it as 'crap' - or whatever words for 'crap' is in their particular languages.

The Scottish Football Women's League was formed in 2002. They play in 2 divisions in a summer league competition and the champions and runners-up qualify for the UEFA Women's Champions League.

The standard of women's football in the later stages of THAT competition is actually extremely high.

The players, coaches and support staff involved in Hibernian Ladies FC work very hard to be as good as they can be. Maybe if they got more support and fewer put-downs they might find their work a little easier. I watched the match yesterday, and enjoyed it, and not just for the gratifying result.

Making a distinction between "football" (presumably the Real Thing) and "women's football" (presumably a bunch of silly wee girls trying unsuccessfully to imitate the men) is simply arrogance. Tennis, ice hockey, athletics, equestrianism, winter sports like curling, skiing, skating, bobsleigh and luge, fencing, and (horrors) football in the US, Canada, Australia and Japan (to name a few) all manage to accommodate women competitors with respect.

But in Scottish football ...

Also, it may have escaped your notice, but the recent improvement in the Hibernian male first team's results and status has coincided with the appointment of one Leeann Dempsey to a position of some authority within the club.

But THAT, of course, is just a coincidence ....

BTW - I've corrected and tidied up the spacing in your post, your misuse of the apostrophe, and your omission of a hyphen in the expression 'Michelin-star'. This is far below the standards I have become used to in the social social and educational circles I habitually frequent, and I consider it extremely offensive. :wink:

BTW it's DEMPSTER.