PDA

View Full Version : These last twelve months

Northernhibee
20-05-2017, 08:37 PM
Could end up being nearly as important as the Hands off Hibs days in rescuing our club.

Imagine if we hadn't won on the 21st of May. We'd likely have lost McGinn, Cummings and our other fantastic young talent. We'd have likely seen smaller crowds than before which would mean we'd be far more exposed to the lack of parachute payment this season. As much as I'm not his biggest fan, we'd probably not have got Neil Lennon to replace Stubbs and he's gotten us up and raised our media profile.

Imagine not having the parade on 22nd May. Imagine all of the older members of our support who'd have been another generation to not have seen us lift the cup. Imagine us playing to crowds of 7-8k if we're lucky.

Imagine that without the boost, both financial and mental, that the cup win gave us that we might be facing a fourth season in the Championship just now.

Instead we're looking forward to the SPL, are looking forward to making decent signings, are playing to hugely increased crowds, nearly gave Brondby a huge shock and have a real feel good feeling about the whole club.

We could have left Hampden on the 21st of May with a hat trick of failures and as a broken club. We're stronger than ever.

What an important twelve months this is, and how incredible a boost the 21st of May 2016 was to our club.

GGTTH

Wigson13
20-05-2017, 08:40 PM
Totally agree, its like the cup win revitalised our club!

iwasthere1972
20-05-2017, 08:47 PM
Totally agree. Losing that cup final a week after losing to Falkirk and losing to Ross County in the League Cup Final would have been a sore one to take. I hate to think what would have happened if it hadn't been for Stokes and Gray nailing the huns that unforgettable day.

The last twelve months have been on the whole a great time to be a Hibs fan. Winning the championship, skoosing it really, and the atmosphere at Easter Road as good as I can ever remember I really hope that there's good things to come next season. Season ticket sales going really well too.

Meanwhile over at the Queen Budge stadium.......

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2017, 05:39 AM
Could end up being nearly as important as the Hands off Hibs days in rescuing our club.

Imagine if we hadn't won on the 21st of May. We'd likely have lost McGinn, Cummings and our other fantastic young talent. We'd have likely seen smaller crowds than before which would mean we'd be far more exposed to the lack of parachute payment this season. As much as I'm not his biggest fan, we'd probably not have got Neil Lennon to replace Stubbs and he's gotten us up and raised our media profile.

Imagine not having the parade on 22nd May. Imagine all of the older members of our support who'd have been another generation to not have seen us lift the cup. Imagine us playing to crowds of 7-8k if we're lucky.

Imagine that without the boost, both financial and mental, that the cup win gave us that we might be facing a fourth season in the Championship just now.

Instead we're looking forward to the SPL, are looking forward to making decent signings, are playing to hugely increased crowds, nearly gave Brondby a huge shock and have a real feel good feeling about the whole club.

We could have left Hampden on the 21st of May with a hat trick of failures and as a broken club. We're stronger than ever.

What an important twelve months this is, and how incredible a boost the 21st of May 2016 was to our club.

GGTTH

Are you a big fan of John Lennon? :wink:

Jones28
22-05-2017, 09:12 AM
It was the kicking we needed. Combined with relegation, Leanne Demspter and Neil Lennon it has totally reinvigorated the support and given us a team to be proud of.

Northernhibee
22-05-2017, 09:41 AM
It was the kicking we needed. Combined with relegation, Leanne Demspter and Neil Lennon it has totally reinvigorated the support and given us a team to be proud of.

Stubbs deserves to be in there too. Properly scouted players who can play football.

Since90+2
22-05-2017, 09:46 AM
I actually shudder to think where the club would be if we had lost the Cup final last season. Likely playing infront of average crowds of around 9k and I reckon we would have went life and death with Falkirk for the automatic promotion slot. If we had lost out on promotion again this year then I dread to think where the club would have ended up.

But then Sir David Gray happened and now look where we are. Average crowds of around 15,500 last season and set to set sell a record number of season tickets for next season with a feel good factor not seen at the club for year.

Fantastic.