PDA

View Full Version : Hearts advert on Forth 1

SirDavidsNapper
20-05-2017, 10:38 AM
Just heard Hearts season ticket advert. They guy goes on about Tynescastles famous atmosphere. Can Hearts be done for false advertising?

Hibernia&Alba
20-05-2017, 10:41 AM
With 400,000 fans, a bottomless pit of money and one of the best young managers in football, why would they need to advertise season tickets? Surely there's a huge waiting list?

20-05-2017, 10:44 AM
Just heard Hearts season ticket advert. They guy goes on about Tynescastles famous atmosphere. Can Hearts be done for false advertising?

Their famous library-like atmoshphere?

sauzee=legend
20-05-2017, 10:45 AM
Edinburgh's premier football destination........
Smaller stadium than ours and less fans.
Fake advertising!!!
Typical from Hearts rugby club!!!! (Rugby club on purpose because of the high kick and chase)

Hibernia&Alba
20-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Fake advertising!!!
Typical from Hearts rugby club!!!! (Rugby club on purpose because of the high kick and chase)

The constant need to give it the 'big team' mentality is a sign of deep insecurity.

Aldo
20-05-2017, 10:48 AM
Edinburgh's premier football destination........ Smaller stadium than ours and less fans. Fake advertising!!! Typical from Hearts rugby club!!!! (Rugby club on purpose because of the high kick and chase)

Well a yam at work reckons their new capacity will be 22,000 with the new mega stand.

I suggested the subtract the old death trap capacity and add the new 7,000 capacity.

Silence is golden!!

Dibben
20-05-2017, 10:50 AM
It's a cringeworthy ad!!

Hint of bias here, but the Hibs ad is so much better in all levels!!

Hibernia&Alba
20-05-2017, 10:51 AM
Well a yam at work reckons their new capacity will be 22,000 with the new mega stand.

I suggested the subtract the old death trap capacity and add the new 7,000 capacity.

Silence is golden!!

What will the capacity be?

Aldo
20-05-2017, 10:52 AM
What will the capacity be? 20,099

However I'm not sure this is taking into account the spaces for the dug outs, media and the likes.

--------
20-05-2017, 10:52 AM

Of course the atmosphere's famous. Everybody knows the dump stinks.

Deansy
20-05-2017, 10:58 AM

Silence is golden!!

The average Jambo-mentality being what it is means it's pretty much guaranteed that (assuming they eventually find the money to pay for this stand) to a Muppet, every one of them will blindly insist the PBS has the bigger capacity despite the fact it won't be . 'Size' is everything to them and admitting the truth just won't happen !

Aldo
20-05-2017, 10:59 AM
The average Jambo-mentality being what it is means it's pretty much guaranteed that (assuming they eventually find the money to pay for this stand) to a Muppet, every one of them will blindly insist the PBS has the bigger capacity despite the fact it won't be . 'Size' is everything to them and admitting the truth just won't happen !

O yes indeed! Things is the don't get it and never will.

lapsedhibee
20-05-2017, 11:14 AM

I think it will be bigger. The Queen has been there long enough to know how obsessed her DD monkeys are with this sort of stuff. She and her brother will be able to alter plans at will at any time without having to worry about objections from a compliant council planning dept, and they will go to any lengths (eg making the pitch even smaller) to ensure that they can say it's a bigger stadium.

Keith_M
20-05-2017, 11:21 AM

However I'm not sure this is taking into account the spaces for the dug outs, media and the likes.

Yeah, I reckon that was an optimistic guesstimate as well and it'll turn out to be just under 20k.

....not that they'd admit it, of course.

Since90+2
20-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Famous atmosphere? I have mates who are season ticiet holders at Tynecastle and even they say the atmosphere is brutal. One of the quietest set of fans in the country.

Aldo
20-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I reckon that was an optimistic guesstimate as well and it'll turn out to be just under 20k. ....not that they'd admit it, of course.

Thing is they don't like FACT!! I was apparently making it up so I googled it and showed them the FACTS in black and white yet they still didn't beLIEve it.

I find it all really amusing as they don't like it!

Aldo
20-05-2017, 11:26 AM
I think it will be bigger. The Queen has been there long enough to know how obsessed her DD monkeys are with this sort of stuff. She and her brother will be able to alter plans at will at any time without having to worry about objections from a compliant council planning dept, and they will go to any lengths (eg making the pitch even smaller) to ensure that they can say it's a bigger stadium.

I think their pitch is as small as it can get unless they want to make it 7 a side.

Would they not also have to apply for planning permission to make the new mega stand bigger?

I personally think they are at the max at the moment and that's that!

Speedy
20-05-2017, 11:26 AM
Famous atmosphere? I have mates who are season ticiet holders at Tynecastle and even they say the atmosphere is brutal. One of the quietest set of fans in the country.

Yip, famously brutal.

AlbertK86
20-05-2017, 11:28 AM

Come on a wee bit sympathy required ...... they lost there song book a year ago tomorrow mind 👹

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

HappyHibby93
20-05-2017, 11:29 AM
Can we just start the season now, can't wait to smash these ****s

Thecat23
20-05-2017, 11:30 AM
I honestly can't see us losing any derby next season. There I said it.. apologies for being this positive 😁

lapsedhibee
20-05-2017, 11:34 AM
I think their pitch is as small as it can get unless they want to make it 7 a side.

Would they not also have to apply for planning permission to make the new mega stand bigger?

Lower the pitch, make it shorter and narrower and put extra rows of seats right round it.

Dan Sarf
20-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Lower the pitch, make it shorter and narrower and put extra rows of seats right round it.

Remove the goalposts. Replace with even more seats. Win win. :greengrin

Kato
20-05-2017, 11:48 AM

The pitch at Tynie is 22% smaller than Easter Roads. Why they got a manager in with a "philosophy" of expansive football in is beyond given the area available.

lapsedhibee
20-05-2017, 11:48 AM
Remove the goalposts. Replace with even more seats. Win win. :greengrin

The other way that they can get their published attendances to exceed our physical capacity is to link attendances to tickets sold and then sell (as airlines do) more tickets than seats, on the basis that not everyone with a ticket turns up. I think they've already been trialling this (in a cack-handed way) with the away end, where there have been repeated reports of problems getting in. We may never find out how many actual physical seats the New Tynecastle Park has.

Aldo
20-05-2017, 11:49 AM

Yip they could do that but at what cost??

They have a £3 million pound shortfall to complete the mega stand so I would suggest they will need to sit tight until they get more finances??

They could in theory make the seats smaller thus getting more in and making capacity bigger!!

Aldo
20-05-2017, 11:50 AM
The pitch at Tynie is 22% smaller than Easter Roads. Why they got a manager in with a "philosophy" of expansive football in is beyond given the area available.

Wow!! That's considerable!

A high line in that pitch will be just past the 6 yard box!!

NAE NOOKIE
20-05-2017, 12:12 PM
Liam Fontaine has a bigger songbook than the Yams :greengrin

The configuration of a stadium certainly helps with the atmosphere, but you still need the fans to create it ...... they are lagging so far behind us on that score its almost embarrassing :lolyam:

Glory Lurker
20-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Imagine spending a small fortune to feel compelled to go to that midden to watch that garbage every second week. Madness.

Carheenlea
20-05-2017, 12:41 PM
If you have to continually remind everyone of how incredible the atmosphere is at Tynecastle, this indicates that the atmosphere is probably not that incredible.

AltheHibby
20-05-2017, 12:57 PM
Of course the atmosphere's famous. Everybody knows the dump stinks.

Of course it stinks. They are the farting hole of Edinburgh. At least, I think that's what their ads say.

iwasthere1972
20-05-2017, 01:02 PM
In the last six or seven years of going to Tynecastle for the derby match I can't recall one single occasion where I came out the midden thinking these Yams know how to create a party atmosphere. We've outsang them, especially on the last few occasions, as they are a bunch of boring up their own erse charity thieving windae lickers.

Long may it remain.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

greenginger
20-05-2017, 01:02 PM

Silence is golden!!

If the stand is to have a 7000 capacity, why are there only 5112 season tickets available in the new Budge Folly

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5885

Add that figure to the existing three stands capacity of 12,809 gives 17,921 plus a section for the posh seats of maybe 500.

Overall capacity under 18,500. In other words, £12 million for an extra 1000 seats and a pitch that is still not UEFA compliant.

snooky
20-05-2017, 01:03 PM
Of course it stinks. They are the farting hole of Edinburgh. At least, I think that's what their ads say.

That being the case, Cathro is their sphincter with the brains

theonlywayisup
20-05-2017, 01:05 PM

I switch the radio off after 2 seconds then start the Hibs version of the song. Been doing it for years!!!

IGRIGI
20-05-2017, 01:09 PM
Even Hearts fans think the atmosphere is rubbish, Anne Jong Il has the propaganda blaring out of Forth 1 to get the hordes back on side.

SirDavidsNapper
20-05-2017, 01:19 PM
The special Tynecsstle atmosphere is a bigger myth than the Loch Ness monster

Aldo
20-05-2017, 01:28 PM
If the stand is to have a 7000 capacity, why are there only 5112 season tickets available in the new Budge Folly http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5885 Add that figure to the existing three stands capacity of 12,809 gives 17,921 plus a section for the posh seats of maybe 500. Overall capacity under 18,500. In other words, £12 million for an extra 1000 seats and a pitch that is still not UEFA compliant.

This GG.

It will all become clearer once it is complete!

I think once it's all been done the yam mugs expect it to have a larger capacity than our very own 20K plus FIFA grade 2 stadium!

GreenNWhiteArmy
20-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Listen to the hibs ad and you hear togetherness, loyalty and class

Listen to the hearts ad and you hear them, as they've done the last 10/15 years going on about how "famous" they are.

It's actually so ****ing cringey. Cannot wait to see their smug faces when we skelp them time and again next season. Freaks

Pete
20-05-2017, 02:50 PM

Rumours are that they are buying a few hundred deckchairs that they can quickly shoehorn in around the ground whenever they know anyone is going to officially count their seats. Just to make the total one bigger than ER.

snooky
20-05-2017, 02:57 PM
Rumours are that they are buying a few hundred deckchairs that they can quickly shoehorn in around the ground whenever they know anyone is going to officially count their seats. Just to make the total one bigger than ER.

Size doesn't matter - it's all about performance. That's a well known fact.

Is It On....
20-05-2017, 03:26 PM

Wouldn't put it past them to have the number 51 at the end.

Aldo
20-05-2017, 03:28 PM
Wouldn't put it past them to have the number 51 at the end.

They can have whatever tbh it'll still not surpass ER!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mantis Toboggan
20-05-2017, 03:29 PM
They really are becoming a total joke.
I was always jealous of my old man getting to see us relentlessly hump them in the 70s. Maybe I will finally get to see something similar

green day
20-05-2017, 03:52 PM
If the stand is to have a 7000 capacity, why are there only 5112 season tickets available in the new Budge Folly

Add that figure to the existing three stands capacity of 12,809 gives 17,921 plus a section for the posh seats of maybe 500.

Overall capacity under 18,500. In other words, £12 million for an extra 1000 seats and a pitch that is still not UEFA compliant.

I think the capacities of the stadiums will be quite close, but I would also bet that they fib if it is slightly in our favour :greengrin

Wikipedia (might not be bang up to date) suggests Tynecastle has a capacity of 17480. It also states that their old tip of a stand holds 4700. Subtract one from the other and you get 12780.

The new white elephant stand needs to be 7642 to give them a larger overall capacity.

Im not sure thats feasible, and the jambo suggesting it would be 22000 must have been hitting the crack pipe particularly hard..........

greenginger
20-05-2017, 04:06 PM
I think the capacities of the stadiums will be quite close, but I would also bet that they fib if it is slightly in our favour :greengrin

Wikipedia (might not be bang up to date) suggests Tynecastle has a capacity of 17480. It also states that their old tip of a stand holds 4700. Subtract one from the other and you get 12780.

The new white elephant stand needs to be 7642 to give them a larger overall capacity.

Im not sure thats feasible, and the jambo suggesting it would be 22000 must have been hitting the crack pipe particularly hard..........

The planning application for the new stand has a stadium exiting statement with the individual stand capacities.

Wheatfield 5918
Roseburn 3551
gorgie Road 3340

Total 12,809

Their season ticket website says there will be a total of 5112 season tickets available in the new stand, that's 17,921 in total

There is also one section in the new stand for exec. seats but that section has the dug-outs at the front ,the directors box and the press box. Maybe 500 more seats

I can't see more than 18,500 but it will never be confirmed, a bit like their pitch given as 107 yards long so its not obvious that its less than 100 metres long.

mjhibby
20-05-2017, 04:07 PM
Fake advertising!!!

Almost crashed the car laughing at that. Not even Scott Wilson sounds as if he believes it. Delusional isn't the half of it.

Dibben
20-05-2017, 04:20 PM

If they do squeeze in enough seats to go slightly higher than us- we should just fill in our corners!! 😬

jgl07
20-05-2017, 04:23 PM

What happened to the 10,000 waiting list?

InchHibby
20-05-2017, 04:27 PM
Size doesn't matter - it's all about performance. That's a well known fact.

Thanks for that ,I was getting worried.

Robinho08
20-05-2017, 05:01 PM
I do the same with that advert as I do with Adele songs; swiftly switch radio stations!

southsider
20-05-2017, 05:17 PM
I was always jealous of my old man getting to see us relentlessly hump them in the 70s. Maybe I will finally get to see something similar

I saw us lose 3-1 in 67 or 68 when Joe Davis had a very rare penalty miss. We did lose again any ANY game until Sept 1974. We ruled them then and we rule them now.

Austinho
20-05-2017, 05:29 PM
There's more atmosphere on the moon than there is at the Begging Bowl. They only have 2 songs now.

Dibben
20-05-2017, 05:31 PM
I do the same with that advert as I do with Adele songs; swiftly switch radio stations!

I admit to just laughing through the advert!!

How deluded can you get - even after stealing from charities and local businesses.

All this 'big team' nonsense they spout (and many still believe) is pure desperation!!

FTH (Fiddle them HertzFans)

Is It On....
20-05-2017, 09:01 PM
If they do squeeze in enough seats to go slightly higher than us- we should just fill in our corners!! 😬

That would seriously annoy them. 😂

Fife-Hibee
20-05-2017, 09:14 PM
Thanks for that ,I was getting worried.

HAHA, thought it was funny till I saw your name 😂😂😂

GreenLake
21-05-2017, 03:13 AM
Famous for thievery and cheating

Libby Hibby
21-05-2017, 05:42 AM
I've said it to a few Yams now...for them to start to become a creditable, viable football team again, they, as a club, from top to bottom require to forget this big club / wee club nonsense. Since the 19th of May 2012, Hearts should've kicked on a become a dominant side in Scottish football but they haven't.

Since then, they have entered administration, been relegated, won the Championship, chased a good manager out of town, replaced him with a total dud, have only beat Auchenleck and Raith Rovers (replay AET) in the Scottish Cup and their current league record is worse than Butchers.

They are building a new stand, fair play to them but all indications are that they can't afford it, they cannot bring themselves to report that their capacity will be less than ours (as if that really matters) but they would like everyone to believe that it is.

Sod it, this big team / wee team is actually killing them.

Long may it continue.

GGTTH

oneone73
21-05-2017, 08:36 AM
I've said it to a few Yams now...for them to start to become a creditable, viable football team again, they, as a club, from top to bottom require to forget this big club / wee club nonsense. Since the 19th of May 2012, Hearts should've kicked on a become a dominant side in Scottish football but they haven't.

Since then, they have entered administration, been relegated, won the Championship, chased a good manager out of town, replaced him with a total dud, have only beat Auchenleck and Raith Rovers (replay AET) in the Scottish Cup and their current league record is worse than Butchers.

They are building a new stand, fair play to them but all indications are that they can't afford it, they cannot bring themselves to report that their capacity will be less than ours (as if that really matters) but they would like everyone to believe that it is.

Long may it continue.

GGTTH

They beat Aberdeen in the Cup campaign of 2015-16. Can't remember who put them out though.

Jack Hackett
21-05-2017, 09:41 AM

Long may it continue.

GGTTH

There was no way hertz were ever going to 'kick on'. They were a basket case at that point and managed to survive another year by lying through their back teeth about their ability to meet their commitments. Within 6 months of that day, Romanov had worked out his exit strategy... and his pension plan, by bumping everyman and his dog.

The only thing that's ever been big about them is their vanity. The mirror's broken now, but there's still a large section of them looking at their reflections in the shards.

Eyrie
21-05-2017, 11:52 AM
They beat Aberdeen in the Cup campaign of 2015-16. Can't remember who put them out though.

Last I hear they were 2-0 up at home to a lower division club with just ten minutes left. So I assume that they went on to win the trophy due to their special relationship with it.

Peevemor
22-05-2017, 11:02 AM
Just sayin' like ...

"COMMUNITY leaders have raised concerns after it emerged almost a tenth of sex offenders being monitored by police are living within one postcode area. Officers are keeping tabs on 612 sex offenders across Edinburgh and the Lothians, with 53 signing the register in EH11 alone – covering Sighthill, Gorgie and Dalry."

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/tenth-of-sex-offenders-on-police-radar-living-in-one-city-postcode-1-4453104

Baader
22-05-2017, 11:23 AM
Like everything else that comes out of that club these days it's a load of hot air. No-one takes them seriously. Just more chicken feed for their delusional fans.

Pretty Boy
22-05-2017, 11:48 AM
I've always considered there to be 5 bigger clubs in Scotland:

Aberdeen
Celtic
Hearts
Hibs
Rangers

Of those in terms of fanbase and success the 2 from Glasgow are a distance ahead. The point is though in Scottish terms Hearts are a big club. Because of that their absolute obsession with being 'big' and 'famous' is confusing to me. No one would suggest, again in Scottish terms, that Hearts aren't a big club yet they constantly bang on about it, it's a total complex for them. This reluctance to reveal their stadiums capacity because it might be less than ER is just downright weird.

I really don't understand Hearts fans, or the club, at all. They really are very strange and I'm not quite sure I can figure out why.

Funkydunc
22-05-2017, 11:59 AM
Incest has a major part to play.

greenginger
22-05-2017, 12:32 PM
I just had a peek at the Yam season ticket web page.

https://d1gpjo74qenwih.cloudfront.net/assets/downloads/SEASON_TICKET_INFO_PDF.pdf

Para 6. - Price Freeze - Make a £ 100 donation to the development fund (VAT free ) and save on any season ticket price increase (vatable). Sounds dodgy to me , but since they have got a Price Waterhouse tax expert on their board now I'm sure there can be no misunderstandings .

Para 7. - A plea for payments to be made by cash or cheque as it assists their cash flow.

southsider
22-05-2017, 12:37 PM
Do you think Forth 1 will get paid ?

SuperAllyMcleod
22-05-2017, 12:39 PM

Aberdeen
Celtic
Hearts
Hibs
Rangers

Of those in terms of fanbase and success the 2 from Glasgow are a distance ahead. The point is though in Scottish terms Hearts are a big club. Because of that their absolute obsession with being 'big' and 'famous' is confusing to me. No one would suggest, again in Scottish terms, that Hearts aren't a big club yet they constantly bang on about it, it's a total complex for them. This reluctance to reveal their stadiums capacity because it might be less than ER is just downright weird.

I really don't understand Hearts fans, or the club, at all. They really are very strange and I'm not quite sure I can figure out why.

That about sums it up for me - we just need to accept that they are weirdos and move on. [emoji4]

SirDavidsNapper
22-05-2017, 01:01 PM

Aberdeen
Celtic
Hearts
Hibs
Rangers

I heard they beat us twice in the 1970's. Maybe something to do with that. Serious chip on their shoulders about something.

Crazyhorse
22-05-2017, 01:12 PM
The latest figures I have seen for those stands are:

W 5902
R 3394 (Reduced due to pitch changes)
G 3300 (Reduced due to installing an 'executive suite')
New £12m trussed contraption (i.e. biggest most amazing stand in the world) 7290

Total = 19886

Only one team in Edinburgh can and will get home crowds of 20,000 in the 21st Century!

The planning application for the new stand has a stadium exiting statement with the individual stand capacities.

Wheatfield 5918
Roseburn 3551
gorgie Road 3340

Total 12,809

Their season ticket website says there will be a total of 5112 season tickets available in the new stand, that's 17,921 in total

There is also one section in the new stand for exec. seats but that section has the dug-outs at the front ,the directors box and the press box. Maybe 500 more seats

I can't see more than 18,500 but it will never be confirmed, a bit like their pitch given as 107 yards long so its not obvious that its less than 100 metres long.

HibbySpurs
22-05-2017, 01:31 PM
I just had a peek at the Yam season ticket web page.

https://d1gpjo74qenwih.cloudfront.net/assets/downloads/SEASON_TICKET_INFO_PDF.pdf

Para 6. - Price Freeze - Make a £ 100 donation to the development fund (VAT free ) and save on any season ticket price increase (vatable). Sounds dodgy to me , but since they have got a Price Waterhouse tax expert on their board now I'm sure there can be no misunderstandings .

Para 7. - A plea for payments to be made by cash or cheque as it assists their cash flow.

Interesting.... Shows the precarious state of their cash situation I guess...

They do have a payment plan though with Zebra (same as ours), however, their 4 month plan has a 4.5% admin charge added or the 10 month plan is "interest bearing"...... As most no doubt know, in our case the club covers these costs for supporters signing up to a finance plan hence ours is 0%.....

I wonder if they ask those whipping out a credit card at the season ticket desk if the would mind awfully nipping round to the cash machine on Gorgie Road to obtain the funds as a cash advance thereby allowing them to give the club a much needed cash advance... Of course the victim... Sorry... Fan.... picks up the cash advance fee, interest added and the stain on their credit file on behalf of the club..... :greengrin

hibs0666
22-05-2017, 01:40 PM

Aberdeen
Celtic
Hearts
Hibs
Rangers

It's the white trailer trash symptom - despite being a bottom feeder there is still a need to tag others as being further down the pecking order than you.

green day
22-05-2017, 03:53 PM
If the stand is to have a 7000 capacity, why are there only 5112 season tickets available in the new

Spoke to a decent Jambo today. He said the club are claiming 2000 exec seats in the new stand. His question was not about capacity, more their ability to fill 1600 more exec seats than they currently have in the 3 lounges under the death trap stand.

He reckons the demand just isn't there.

I also s******ed when he told me how much his ST is in the wheatfield compared to mine in The West.

Kato
22-05-2017, 04:03 PM
Spoke to a decent Jambo today. He said the club are claiming 2000 exec seats in the new stand. His question was not about capacity, more their ability to fill 1600 more exec seats than they currently have in the 3 lounges under the death trap stand.

He reckons the demand just isn't there.

I also s******ed when he told me how much his ST is in the wheatfield compared to mine in The West.

2000 Executive seats? Really? Is not just another fantasist making spraff up off the cuff?

green day
22-05-2017, 04:19 PM
2000 Executive seats? Really? Is not just another fantasist making spraff up off the cuff?

It is what the club told him, may still qualify as fantasy !

I believe him, but as I said, he has doubts about the strategy.

Kato
22-05-2017, 04:21 PM
It is what the club told him, may still qualify as fantasy !

I believe him, but as I said, he has doubts about the strategy.

Well we'll soon see when the stand is finished. If a club are telling their own fans this you'd expect an element of veracity but this is Hearts.

Hibby70
22-05-2017, 06:25 PM
Guy at my work was saying that 7 rows in the top 'tier' have been allocated for hospitality.

Shame they won't have any where for these guys to go at half time. Maybe Queen Ann can do them a packed lunch each.

Pretty Boy
22-05-2017, 06:41 PM
Guy at my work was saying that 7 rows in the top 'tier' have been allocated for hospitality.

Shame they won't have any where for these guys to go at half time. Maybe Queen Ann can do them a packed lunch each.

Left over cakes and a Freddo each handed out by Hearty Harry himself. Big team style.

greenginger
22-05-2017, 08:38 PM

They could be doing that, although that's not what they show on the season ticket diagram.

All the exec. seats are shown in the centre section.

Their new stand has to be the same length as the Wheatfield and will have 10 seats per row less than our West and East ( their pitch is shorter ).

Deansy
22-05-2017, 09:14 PM

Then brace yourself for experiencing something even your old man didn't !. In the 70's we humped them reguarly due to 'Rivalry' and simply because we could - this time around it's still 'Rivalry' but with 30+ years of payback added to the pot !