PDA

View Full Version : Scotland v England

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Nakedmanoncrack
11-06-2017, 07:32 PM
Those last few minutes were among the greatest I've ever witnessed - incredible stuff, the famous old stadium has rarely seen such scenes. Best I've seen in nearly 40 years, as in almost the full stadium going insane - nothing can compare to 21.05.16 but that was only half.

Lost_Mackem
11-06-2017, 08:31 PM
Watching England slowly passing the ball around the back and midfield for most of the game was horrendous, God we are *****. Two cracking free kicks from Griffiths (although I thought Hart was poor for both of them) and Gordon had a really poor game too.

England will finish top of the group and then pap out of the World Cup in the group as usual, not sure what the future holds for Scotland, not a fan of Strachan though.

iwasthere1972
11-06-2017, 10:43 PM
What a bunch of arrogant tossers the English are. I've heard quite a few interviews since the match and I can't recall any of them actually mentioning Griffiths by name. Just watching the STV highlights prog tonight and even Glenn Hoddle could only say 'the taker' of the free kicks. No wonder we hate the England team and their media.

Scouse Hibee
11-06-2017, 10:49 PM
What a bunch of arrogant tossers the English are. I've heard quite a few interviews since the match and I can't recall any of them actually mentioning Griffiths by name. Just watching the STV highlights prog tonight and even Glenn Hoddle could only say 'the taker' of the free kicks. No wonder we hate the England team and their media.

Zźzzzzzzzzzz

If it wasn't that no doubt you would find some other reason!

iwasthere1972
11-06-2017, 10:53 PM
Zźzzzzzzzzzz

Yes goodnight.

Lost_Mackem
12-06-2017, 09:41 AM
Zźzzzzzzzzzz

If it wasn't that no doubt you would find some other reason!

This, at least come up with something more original than "oh the arrogant English", it's so boring. I wish they would just come out and say what they really want to say - they hate the English because of stuff that happened several life times before they were born, stuff that nobody alive for centuries had anything to do with.

CockneyRebel
12-06-2017, 09:46 AM

Stones and glass houses sunshine - stones and glass houses.

easty
12-06-2017, 10:15 AM

I've heard/read plenty of those English tossers mention Griffiths by name.

Glenn Hoddle though...I couldn't care less about anything that numpty says. He probably thinks Griffiths has that hairline because of something he did wrong in a past life.

CropleyWasGod
12-06-2017, 10:26 AM

Southgate did TBF.

I'm not sure I could name any of the Slovenian or Lithuanian team. :greengrin

CorrieHibs
12-06-2017, 10:39 AM

Joe Hart said Leigh Griffths. He also said they were shown videos of Leigh and were well aware of his qualities. He was full of praise for his outstanding free kicks, said he was well beaten and it takes something special to score 2 like that in a game.

iwasthere1972
12-06-2017, 10:49 AM
Joe Hart said Leigh Griffths. He also said they were shown videos of Leigh and were well aware of his qualities. He was full of praise for his outstanding free kicks, said he was well beaten and it takes something special to score 2 like that in a game.

Come to think of it you're right. I'm not anti-English, maybe it was Hoddle's comment 'the taker' like he maybe couldn't remember the name that bugged me. The fact they equalised as well probably didn't help. :greengrin

They still in the main a bunch of arrogant tossers. Not talking about the entire English nation but the England team (excluding Joe Hart) and some of the media.

I'm finished.

CorrieHibs
12-06-2017, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE=iwasthere1972;5068185]Come to think of it you're right. I'm not anti-English, maybe it was Hoddle's comment 'the taker' like he maybe couldn't remember the name that bugged me. The fact they equalised as well probably didn't help. :greengrin

They still in the main a bunch of arrogant tossers. Not talking about the entire English nation but the England team (excluding Joe Hart) and some of the media.

I'm finished.[/QUOTE

Hoddle is a pr**k! So take anything he says with a pinch of salt.

I was at the game and was devastated! We were 2 mins away from a famous win. The atmosphere was incredible.

I must praise the England fans as well, they get a lot of stick for their behaviour, however at the end of the match they stood clapping the Scottish fans. FairPlay!

Scouse Hibee
12-06-2017, 11:05 AM
Come to think of it you're right. I'm not anti-English, maybe it was Hoddle's comment 'the taker' like he maybe couldn't remember the name that bugged me. The fact they equalised as well probably didn't help. :greengrin

I'm finished.

:faf:

Sir David Gray
12-06-2017, 11:18 AM

I wouldn't blame the entire English nation for the ramblings of Glenn Hoddle.

Hoddle is an odious, offensive excuse of a man who should be nowhere near a media job.

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2017, 12:56 PM
I wouldn't blame the entire English nation for the ramblings of Glenn Hoddle.

Hoddle is an odious, offensive excuse of a man who should be nowhere near a media job.

Why, because of one incident many many years ago which resulted in him losing his job?

I love it when folk who have never even met the man, can insult him like you have and try and make a case out of it from no knowledge of the man at all.

Sir David Gray
12-06-2017, 09:57 PM
Why, because of one incident many many years ago which resulted in him losing his job?

I love it when folk who have never even met the man, can insult him like you have and try and make a case out of it from no knowledge of the man at all.

If Hoddle had made similar comments about someone because of the colour of their skin, he would never have been seen on television again.

Rodney Marsh made far less offensive remarks about the Asian Tsunami a few years ago, got sacked by Sky and hasn't been seen on TV since in any punditry position.

What he said was an absolute disgrace and I have absolutely no respect for him at all.

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2017, 10:04 PM
If Hoddle had made similar comments about someone because of the colour of their skin, he would never have been seen on television again.

Rodney Marsh made far less offensive remarks about the Asian Tsunami a few years ago, got sacked by Sky and hasn't been seen on TV since in any punditry position.

What he said was an absolute disgrace and I have absolutely no respect for him at all.

Its a good job he never then.

I suppose you have never done anything you regret, and i'm glad you believe in not learning from your mistakes, and people should be branded for the rest of their lives.

As for Rodney Marsh, i have seen him on football tv shows in America where he lives, and he still works occasionally for Talksport here in the UK.

Sir David Gray
12-06-2017, 10:27 PM
Its a good job he never then.

I suppose you have never done anything you regret, and i'm glad you believe in not learning from your mistakes, and people should be branded for the rest of their lives.

As for Rodney Marsh, i have seen him on football tv shows in America where he lives, and he still works occasionally for Talksport here in the UK.

Who said anything about me never saying or doing anything that I regret? I'm certainly not perfect but if I ever do or say anything that I regret and I know that I'm in the wrong, I give an unconditional apology to whoever I have upset. Hoddle gave the usual response at the time that people often give when they've been caught out and try to make out that they've been misquoted or what they've said has been misunderstood or taken out of context etc.

I'm not quite sure that what he said could have been taken out of context but he still tried to do it. I would have respected him a lot more if he had just been honest about how he felt.

Re Rodney Marsh, I did say on TV. If he's on American TV then fair enough. Not quite the same as primetime Sky Sports though which he was regularly on up until his attempt at a joke.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2017, 06:07 AM
Who said anything about me never saying or doing anything that I regret? I'm certainly not perfect but if I ever do or say anything that I regret and I know that I'm in the wrong, I give an unconditional apology to whoever I have upset. Hoddle gave the usual response at the time that people often give when they've been caught out and try to make out that they've been misquoted or what they've said has been misunderstood or taken out of context etc.

I'm not quite sure that what he said could have been taken out of context but he still tried to do it. I would have respected him a lot more if he had just been honest about how he felt.

Re Rodney Marsh, I did say on TV. If he's on American TV then fair enough. Not quite the same as primetime Sky Sports though which he was regularly on up until his attempt at a joke.

Well done Mr Perfect, although quite who would want to hear your apology i dont know? And as for Marsh, he lives in America, who knows what type of work he'd get if he lived in the UK now?

Is Leigh Griffiths an odious offencive excuse of a man too, or even Derek Riordan? Or have they just said something in the heat of the moment that they regret now, but will never be able to put to bed because of people like you wont let them?

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2017, 08:56 AM
Well done Mr Perfect, although quite who would want to hear your apology i dont know? And as for Marsh, he lives in America, who knows what type of work he'd get if he lived in the UK now?

Is Leigh Griffiths an odious offencive excuse of a man too, or even Derek Riordan? Or have they just said something in the heat of the moment that they regret now, but will never be able to put to bed because of people like you wont let them?

I'm all for accepting mistakes and moving on. However, to be fair, Hoddle's comments went right to the heart of who SDG is. Apology or not, if someone in the public eye were to say something fundamentally offensive about me (more than once, IIRC), I'm not sure how forgiving I would be.

WeeRussell
13-06-2017, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=iwasthere1972;5068185]Come to think of it you're right. I'm not anti-English, maybe it was Hoddle's comment 'the taker' like he maybe couldn't remember the name that bugged me. The fact they equalised as well probably didn't help. :greengrin

I'm finished.[/QUOTE

Hoddle is a pr**k! So take anything he says with a pinch of salt.

I was at the game and was devastated! We were 2 mins away from a famous win. The atmosphere was incredible.

I must praise the England fans as well, they get a lot of stick for their behaviour, however at the end of the match they stood clapping the Scottish fans. FairPlay!

I wasn't there so didn't see this - were they not just doing the usual applause (for the team leaving the pitch or something like that?) or was it made quite obvious that it was an applause for the home support?

Also - what is the Glenn Hoddle incident being discussed above.. who is FH? When searching I've only see his comment about when Torres miscontrolled a ball, which maybe was foolish, but not on the levels being talked about earlier in the thread?

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2017, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=Liam Miller;5068190]

I wasn't there so didn't see this - were they not just doing the usual applause (for the team leaving the pitch or something like that?) or was it made quite obvious that it was an applause for the home support?

Also - what is the Glenn Hoddle incident being discussed above.. who is FH? When searching I've only see his comment about when Torres miscontrolled a ball, which maybe was foolish, but not on the levels being talked about earlier in the thread?

In 1999, in 2 separate interviews, Hoddle expressed an opinion that "people born with disabilities were being punished for the sins of a former life". He lost his job as England coach as a result. His apology was along the lines of "remarks taken out of context" etc etc.

FH is the poster who used to be known as FalkirkHibbie, now known as SirDavidGray.... for some reason (call it age...), I've reverted to using his old name. What do I know, I still talk about the North British and Caley Hotels. :rolleyes:

WeeRussell
13-06-2017, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE=WeeRussell;5069132]

In 1999, in 2 separate interviews, Hoddle expressed an opinion that "people born with disabilities were being punished for the sins of a former life". He lost his job as England coach as a result. His apology was along the lines of "remarks taken out of context" etc etc.

FH is the poster who used to be known as FalkirkHibbie, now known as SirDavidGray.... for some reason (call it age...), I've reverted to using his old name. What do I know, I still talk about the North British and Caley Hotels. :rolleyes:

Ah right cool - I have seen what you're referring to in that case :aok: Was getting confused thinking you were referring to FH as a player!

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2017, 11:39 AM
https://www.sundaypost.com/sport/football/interview-that-led-to-glenn-hoddles-axing-from-england-post/

Haymaker
13-06-2017, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=Liam Miller;5068190]

According to my English mates both sets of fans applauded each other. They were impressed.