Callum_62
19-05-2017, 08:58 PM
Replacement for Holt

Lenny waxing lyrical about him on BT

Benny Brazil
19-05-2017, 08:59 PM
Replacement for Holt

Lenny waxing lyrical about him on BT

Is he under contract? Cant see Utd wanting to sell and did he not reject us last year

Diclonius
19-05-2017, 08:59 PM
I would sign him. Good player.

Dobosz83
19-05-2017, 09:01 PM
Noticed that myself, huge compliments to his all round game tonight and seemed to suggest he likes the physical side to his game.

A replacement for Holt? Quite possibly. Not sure how I feel. Totally undecided on the lad.

Unseen work
Out of contract along with Luke Leahy.

the 2 best players on the pitch tonight

B.H.F.C
Out of contract. Apparently tried to get him last year. Lennon talking really positively about him, even before the game.

Hiber-nation
19-05-2017, 09:02 PM
Had a hamstring problem according to McKinnon. Put in some shift if that was the case.

How many fathers and sons have played for Hibs?

Col2
19-05-2017, 09:02 PM
Almost guaranteed to be interested.

They need cash and we have been interested for a while from what I understand.

Cummings
Stokes
Murray
Commons

Job done 😉

Viva_Palmeiras
19-05-2017, 09:04 PM
Out of contract along with Luke Leahy.

the 2 best players on the pitch tonight

Was about to text my United mate SM didn't deserve to get nothing out the game when they scored their second

GordonHFC
19-05-2017, 09:05 PM
Had a hamstring problem according to McKinnon. Put in some shift if that was the case.

McBride.

H18 SFR
19-05-2017, 09:07 PM
Posted on another thread I'd fancy him at Hibs and folk felt the championship was his level.

I have to say I think we could improve him further.

He would be a fine signing.

For some reason I feel he's the type of player the yam levein would want to sign.

col02
19-05-2017, 09:08 PM
Runs the channels well and has something about him.

HoboHarry
19-05-2017, 09:08 PM

The Cropley's....... Not sure Jordan actually played in a competitive game but I'm fairly certain he played in a friendly but may be wrong of course.....

StevieCowan
19-05-2017, 09:09 PM

Andy Goram 👍

H18 SFR
19-05-2017, 09:12 PM
The way Lennon was discussing him after the game, we've got to be in for him.

malcky
19-05-2017, 09:12 PM
The Cropley's....... Not sure Jordan actually played in a competitive game but I'm fairly certain he played in a friendly but may be wrong of course.....

Andy Goram?

malcky
19-05-2017, 09:15 PM
Andy Goram 👍

Gordon marshall

gaz1875
19-05-2017, 09:19 PM
He's hit or miss at times, but never gives up and always playing on the line. A good pre season with a good coach he could be very good 20 goal a season player.

Hiber-nation
19-05-2017, 09:23 PM
Gordon marshall

Andy Goram?

Andy Goram 👍

According to Ihibs (http://www.ihibs.co.uk/hibs/index.php), Louis Goram and Jordan Cropley didn't play a competitive game for Hibs. Gordon Marshall jnr was only here as a goalkeeping coach.

So we only have the McBrides so far. Hopefully the Murrays to follow!

Conj
19-05-2017, 09:24 PM
Craig Paterson and his dad, Paul Kane and his dad

malcky
19-05-2017, 09:24 PM
Andy Goram 👍

Gordon marshall

Hiber-nation
19-05-2017, 09:26 PM
Craig Paterson and his dad, Paul Kane and his dad

Cheers, John and Craig Paterson will probably have had the most appearances between them come to think of it. Can't remember Kano's Dad.

crash
19-05-2017, 09:32 PM

Paul Dalglish and his Auld man.

J-C
19-05-2017, 09:36 PM
He's come on to a game, was out injured earlier and looks fully fit at the right time, like Boyle he has that pace and energy that defenders absolutely hate, still a bit raw but he does seem to create space for himself, I'd take him right now.

lord bunberry
19-05-2017, 09:40 PM
I thought he was good on the second half especially. He's the type of player who will take defenders with him as he has good movement.

jodjam
19-05-2017, 09:43 PM
The McGraws

Corstorphine Hibby
19-05-2017, 09:47 PM
Andy Goram 👍

I thought Andy Goram only played for Rangers?

Leith's finest
19-05-2017, 09:47 PM

Jordan played in a pre season game against east fife, i also think sheridan ex celtic player played, Calderclown was manager at time

SMAXXA
19-05-2017, 09:48 PM
I like him and would sign him, raw but has something and love his energy and workrate. If Cummings had those attributes he would be on a different level.

skedders
19-05-2017, 09:49 PM
Big game player. Performs against falkirk. No thanks.

I rarely post. Am drunk. K thnx bye

brianmc
19-05-2017, 09:51 PM
I only watched the first half tonight and I thought Murray was diabolical. Couldn't control a ball, couldn't link up, couldn't make a pass...

He must've had an unbelievable second half judging by some of the comments above.

Itsnoteasy
19-05-2017, 09:54 PM
I like him and would sign him, raw but has something and love his energy and workrate. If Cummings had those attributes he would be on a different level.

If he had Cummings goals SM would be on a different level.
Ariston.

hibeemikey21
19-05-2017, 10:10 PM
I only watched the first half tonight and I thought Murray was diabolical. Couldn't control a ball, couldn't link up, couldn't make a pass...

He must've had an unbelievable second half judging by some of the comments above.

He busted a gut and scored a goal. Largely though, his whole performance was as you described.

Playing devil's advocate, he got his team through. I just don't think he's what we need or should be looking at.

Heisenberg
20-05-2017, 05:50 AM
Don't reckon he'll be good enough for the top league. I thought he was distinctly average last night.

Ray_
20-05-2017, 07:16 AM
Bit of a rough diamond alright, scores some spectacular goals and worry's the crap out of the opposing defense, never giving them a minutes piece. I can certainly see where Lenny is coming from and being as young as he is, plenty of development left in him.

Hiber-nation
20-05-2017, 07:18 AM
The McGraws

:aok:

Dashing Bob S
20-05-2017, 07:18 AM
Going by this thread, Murray looks like he could be the new Mallon. Welcome, Simon.

brog
20-05-2017, 07:40 AM
I've always thought Murray had something about him. He's certainly very raw but he reminds me of a young Colin Stein with his energy, enthusiasm & yes goals. IMO he would be a fine foil for JC.

sambajustice
20-05-2017, 07:45 AM
I thought Andy Goram only played for Rangers?

That was the other one!

Cat Stanton
20-05-2017, 10:45 AM

Had to Google Simon to find out who is Dad was. Gary Murray - must have watched him many times, but can barely remember him. A striker, I think? But not a particularly good one? Am I being unfair? The lack of memory suggests no major impact.

--------
20-05-2017, 10:56 AM

McBride.

Had to Google Simon to find out who is Dad was. Gary Murray - must have watched him many times, but can barely remember him. A striker, I think? But not a particularly good one? Am I being unfair? The lack of memory suggests no major impact.

You're being generous. :rolleyes:

we are hibs
20-05-2017, 11:02 AM
Don't rate him at all. He's struggled badly at times at United in the championship, but people want him to be one of our main strikers in the premiership next season?

Billychaotic182
20-05-2017, 11:26 AM
Its a naw for me.

He is bang average. Yes he is quick but that's about it. Keatings is a better striker and we got rid. Why replace with a poorer player

HibernianJK
20-05-2017, 11:44 AM
Don't rate him at all. He's struggled badly at times at United in the championship, but people want him to be one of our main strikers in the premiership next season?

Scored 10 goals when usually not playing as the main striker.

How many players did we have with over 10 or more league goals apart from Cummings?

Here's a clue.

Nobody.

Hiber-nation
20-05-2017, 12:19 PM

http://www.ihibs.co.uk/hibs/player.php?playerid=6267

We signed him after he ripped us apart playing for Montrose. Always gave 100% in a dire long-ball Bertie Auld team but lacked the quality we needed.

HFCdeb
20-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Its a naw for me.

He is bang average. Yes he is quick but that's about it. Keatings is a better striker and we got rid. Why replace with a poorer player

This.

frazeHFC
20-05-2017, 12:34 PM
My old flatmate is a Utd fan and he said he won't be disappointed to see him leave, and is surprised we are interested. Doesn't exactly sound inspiring.

Col2
20-05-2017, 01:07 PM
Its a naw for me.

He is quicker and more physical than Keatings. If NL thinks he is good enough then he would know best.

matty_f
20-05-2017, 01:09 PM
I didn't see anything that I thought would greatly improve our team, to be honest.

Jonnyboy
20-05-2017, 01:14 PM
Its a naw for me.

We didn't get rid of Keats, he chose to leave. I've not seen enough of Murray to form a view but 18 goals this season isn't a lot less than Jase, in the same league

Conrad Gray
20-05-2017, 01:34 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere that Murdo MacLeods dad had played for us??

Itsnoteasy
20-05-2017, 01:49 PM

Mcginn has hardly set the heather on fire this season. But is still a good player.

silverhibee
20-05-2017, 01:58 PM

Think he played in a game against Raith Rovers in Fife, sure it was a friendly.

tamig
20-05-2017, 02:14 PM
I actually see a lot of Gary Murray in the way his son plays. He was a strong, quick, bustling striker who ran his socks off but wasn't the best quality wise. He scored a few for us and I liked him. Like his son though, he was a bit hit or miss.

Nice wee story about him here from a couple of years ago. I was impressed with Simon in that game.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/ex-hibs-player-back-to-watch-son-at-easter-road-1-3683112/amp

FitbaFolkKen
20-05-2017, 02:30 PM
I think he is a decent player, not prolific in front of goal but has done pretty well in what has been a struggling United team in the top flight.

I would be quite happy for us to sign him but not too fussed if we don't.

Speedway
20-05-2017, 02:35 PM

Don't forget the Showumnis

Aldo
20-05-2017, 02:43 PM
He's a totally different player to Holt and without being consistent he's scored 18 goals.

Won't be surprised to see him at ER next season given he is out of contract and NL likes/rates him.

More than happy to trust NL judgement on any players coming in.

From what I saw of him last nite he looked like a player that would give the opposition a minute's peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamig
20-05-2017, 02:49 PM
Don't forget the Showumnis

Did their Da play for us too?

WoreTheGreen
20-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Eddie and Sturart Turnbull. NOT

Winston Ingram
20-05-2017, 03:19 PM
I've been told Dundee Utd don't plan to keep him and that Dunfermline have made him a good offer.

cmcd
20-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Half the posters on here can't be at Easter Rd very often .They must be at Tannadice every second week watching Simon Murray.

PiemanP
20-05-2017, 04:59 PM
Feels like a bit of a Brian Graham type signing tbh. There's a lot of players going around who'll give us work rate and enthusiasm (James Collins anyone?) we need someone who's also got the quality. Still, Lennon and his team will be able to judge a player better than I can so let's see what happens.

Moody Blues
20-05-2017, 05:09 PM
Its a naw for me.

This sums up what I think about SM

Stevie Reid
20-05-2017, 05:59 PM
I thought he looked really impressive when we played Arbroath in the SC at ER in 2015 - but Dundee Utd had already signed him at that point. I haven't been hugely impressed with him since then, but he has an impressive tally this season, and his career goals to starts ratio is impressive.

Has some good attributes and if Lennon thought he could improve him and he could be acquired as a lower earner in the squad, I'd be on board. Not that fussed, though.

lord bunberry
20-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Feels like a bit of a Brian Graham type signing tbh. There's a lot of players going around who'll give us work rate and enthusiasm (James Collins anyone?) we need someone who's also got the quality. Still, Lennon and his team will be able to judge a player better than I can so let's see what happens.

He scores goals as well as running around

bingo70
20-05-2017, 06:15 PM
I thought he was good last night and was the driving force behind Utd getting back into the game.

Looks to me like quite a pacey player that likes running at defenders, we've missed that this season imo.

supermcginn
20-05-2017, 06:37 PM
I thought he was good last night and was the driving force behind Utd getting back into the game.

Looks to me like quite a pacey player that likes running at defenders, we've missed that this season imo.

Better player than keatings, sign him up

Billychaotic182
20-05-2017, 07:12 PM
We didn't get rid of Keats, he chose to leave. I've not seen enough of Murray to form a view but 18 goals this season isn't a lot less than Jase, in the same league

You are right regarding Keatings. So if Keatings couldn't force his way into the team why would a poorer player do so?

I live in Dundee and work with a lot of Utd fans and they all don't rate him and they watch him week in and week out. Granted their views may have influenced my opinion on him but whenever I've seen him he misses chance after chance. He's done well in the play offs.

If it was a choice of Murray over Moult or Boyce then I know who I'd be picking. Nathan Austin of Falkirk would be a better option than Murray.

JimBHibees
20-05-2017, 07:24 PM
You are right regarding Keatings. So if Keatings couldn't force his way into the team why would a poorer player do so?

I live in Dundee and work with a lot of Utd fans and they all don't rate him and they watch him week in and week out. Granted their views may have influenced my opinion on him but whenever I've seen him he misses chance after chance. He's done well in the play offs.

If it was a choice of Murray over Moult or Boyce then I know who I'd be picking. Nathan Austin of Falkirk would be a better option than Murray.

Not based on last night he wouldn't.

JimBHibees
20-05-2017, 07:25 PM

Agree with that not the best player in the world but fantastic attitude to make things happen.

angus hibby
20-05-2017, 09:58 PM

i also work with United fans who say Murray has been awful this season. Poor first touch, runs around a lot, no football brain is what they usually say. I only saw 2nd half last night and he did look a threat, mainly because he ran around putting pressure on Falkirk defence and making a nuisance of himself. Lennon seems to rate him so it wouldn't be a big surprise if he ends us signing for us, but I don't think he'll be a first pick, more of an impact sub.

.Sean.
20-05-2017, 10:17 PM
Far too ugly to play for Hibs.

Aw, that and he's complete and utter Tam Kite.

J-C
20-05-2017, 10:37 PM

He was horrendous, slow, ponderous and terrible 1st touch, no thanks.

Michael
20-05-2017, 10:38 PM
Don't get why folk are always raving about him. A championship level player at best.

Hermit Crab
21-05-2017, 01:52 AM
I've been told Dundee Utd don't plan to keep him and that Dunfermline have made him a good offer.

He's been offered £900 week at Dunfermline.

PeterboroHibee
21-05-2017, 06:24 AM
Don't get why folk are always raving about him. A championship level player at best.

I think people are impressed by his work rate and pace, but I agree, a fairly average player. At 25 I think he still looks really raw at times, with a really poor first touch, and he can look like a headless chicken when things arent working for him.

Other than perhaps a slight physical edge, I also dont see what he brings that we wouldnt already have in Boyle should we play him as a striker. Boyle has played in various positions this season and has scored 8 league goals, 2 less than Murray who has largely played upfront.

bingo70
21-05-2017, 06:27 AM

Guessing you've not read this thread?

Folk are certainly not always raving about him. The general concencus is he's pretty average but there's some (including myself) that think there may be some raw talent to work with.

If he signs, and I doubt he will, it'll be as a squad player. We can't have 25 superstars in the squad.

brog
21-05-2017, 07:31 AM
I remember after I moved to London my local team, Crystal Palace signed a near 22 year old from Greenwich Borough, at that time the equivalent of our juniors. Simon Murray signed for Arbroath from the juniors at 22. If he turns out 10% as good as Ian Wright then he's worth a punt. Some players are late developers & both AS & NL like Murray. fwiw i like Nathan Austin also!

Moulin Yarns
23-05-2017, 01:30 PM
This from a Partick fan in my office

The rumour doing the rounds atFirhill that we were about to sign Simon Murray from the Arabs appears to havebeen extinguished by Hibs actually signing him (according to the twitter atleast). A very good acquisition if so.

Hermit Crab
23-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Certainly a red top is reporting that we are front runners to sign him.

H18 SFR
23-05-2017, 01:48 PM
If we have signed him there is no way it will be announced until Monday at the earliest.

Hermit Crab
23-05-2017, 01:52 PM
If we have signed him there is no way it will be announced until Monday at the earliest.

Surely he can't sign until the 1st of June or whenever the contracts are up? End of May is it not?

Billy Whizz
23-05-2017, 01:58 PM
Surely he can't sign until the 1st of June or whenever the contracts are up? End of May is it not?

Window opens on 9th June, but we could have agreed a contract with him

supermcginn
23-05-2017, 01:58 PM
https://twitter.com/Kenny_Millar/status/867011133001084928

sounds like its a done deal

Hermit Crab
23-05-2017, 02:01 PM
https://twitter.com/Kenny_Millar/status/867011133001084928

sounds like its a done deal

A few "strange" comments from His fans on that tweet.

lucky
23-05-2017, 02:03 PM
Different type of player than we have already. He may not be the best player in Scotland but he has pace and scores goals. Him and JC up front will give us a potent strike force.

Keyser Sauzee
23-05-2017, 02:07 PM
Looks like it's happening as Kenny Millar is usually good regarding Hibs dealings. I'm quite underwhelmed by this signing, I've said a few times now that I don't think he's good enough from what I've saw but I'm happy to be proven wrong if/when he signs, just not that excited by it that's all.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
23-05-2017, 02:12 PM
Hes certainly no world beater, and id hope we are still after another striker, but maybe a good addition to the squad, if not the first team?

Billy Whizz
23-05-2017, 02:18 PM
Looks like it's happening as Kenny Millar is usually good regarding Hibs dealings. I'm quite underwhelmed by this signing, I've said a few times now that I don't think he's good enough from what I've saw but I'm happy to be proven wrong if/when he signs, just not that excited by it that's all.

Haven't seen enough of him to make a decision, but he's got pace, which we urgently need. Think he'll be a welcome addition to the squad, up to him to kick on
Can't see Dundee Utd being overly happy with this coming out just now

cabbageandribs1875
23-05-2017, 02:19 PM
i thought he was more than decent when utd were in the big boys league but the season just finished he's been a bit meh

i'l make my final decision about him after the 2 games with Hamilton :)

JDHibs
23-05-2017, 02:27 PM
Be a very good signing for us! Especially for free!

Lads scored 18 goals and got 12 assists for a poor Utd team this season.

Brings pace, energy, guile and determination. Bit of a rough diamond but so is Cummings. Would definitely improve what we had last season.

JimboHibs
23-05-2017, 02:30 PM
Looked a standout in the UTD team the season they were relegated,I'll be happy if he signs.
I'm sure we offered 30k for him at the start of the season ??

SMAXXA
23-05-2017, 02:30 PM
Free agent costs us nothing, has a lot of good attributes and can improve. For what it's worth I don't expect him to be the pinnacle of our signings but I'm happy with this if true. Typical fans writing players off having hardly seen the lad. Won't be on a big wage so little risk, to compare him to a Brian graham signing is miles away, he can actually work, press defenders, has a bit of pace happy with that.

Stevie Reid
23-05-2017, 02:32 PM
http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=58241

Big_Franck
23-05-2017, 02:34 PM
He is certainly raw but his stamina and work rate alone are really impressive. He is also very quick so could be a decent addition on what I would guess will be an average wage.

My only worry from having seen him play is that he's very greedy. I don't see him being a good partner for Jason at all. Every time I've watched Murray play more often than not he receives the ball and runs at defenders before taking a shot when he often has other, better options. I can see Jason getting very fed up with that very quickly.

neil7908
23-05-2017, 02:48 PM
Happy for him to come in as a squad player and fight for his place, especially if Graham leaves but we need another quality forward.

Libby Hibby
23-05-2017, 02:58 PM
Good pace, good endeavour and a good attitude.

What's not to like?

Won't be our flagship signing but a good addition to the squad.

brog
23-05-2017, 03:43 PM
A few "strange" comments from His fans on that tweet.

HAve you read some of the comments on here? 😄

Dashing Bob S
23-05-2017, 03:46 PM
I reckon he could beat Berra for pace in a one-on-one. #FreeKristoph

Golden Bear
23-05-2017, 03:59 PM
It's difficult to assess the capabilities of a player on one cameo (or poor) performance in front of the cameras. I'm sure Murray will have been watched over a period of time before any decisions are made.

seanoheimhin
23-05-2017, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't be buzzing at this signing, really. Posters have rightly pointed out his scoring record isn't far off Jason's this season, but Murray is 25 so has much less potential. He's a late bloomer by the looks of it, but it appears the ceiling to his talent is a lot lower than JC's.

He's prob better than Keatings, but is he better than the players we should be aiming to sign if we're to finish top 4 next season? I'd happily be proven wrong, but I don't personally think so.

SirDavidsNapper
23-05-2017, 04:20 PM
The last ginger forward we signed from a Dundee team turned out alright!

greenpaper55
23-05-2017, 04:23 PM
I reckon he could beat Berra for pace in a one-on-one. #FreeKristoph

I think i could beat Berra, the Titanic could turn quicker than him !

Cat Stanton
23-05-2017, 04:25 PM
It's difficult to assess the capabilities of a player on one cameo (or poor) performance in front of the cameras. I'm sure Murray will have been watched over a period of time before any decisions are made.

Haven't seen much of him, to be honest - but the Dundee Utd forum makes interesting reading. He seems to delight and infuriate in equal measure, but with the sense that he is young and learning and improving, and with lots of pace and energy (and effort) that defences hate. Overall the sense is they would very much like him to stay.

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38193138

Hibs90
23-05-2017, 04:33 PM
If he is a replacement for Keatings and is happy to be a back up and try to force his way into the team then fine, if he is going to be a starter then no. Not good enough.

Dashing Bob S
23-05-2017, 04:38 PM
Any idea on how our Arab chums are taking this one? Gutted? Delighted? Indifferent?

FitbaFolkKen
23-05-2017, 04:46 PM
He is certainly raw but his stamina and work rate alone are really impressive. He is also very quick so could be a decent addition on what I would guess will be an average wage.

My only worry from having seen him play is that he's very greedy. I don't see him being a good partner for Jason at all. Every time I've watched Murray play more often than not he receives the ball and runs at defenders before taking a shot when he often has other, better options. I can see Jason getting very fed up with that very quickly.

12 assists though, I reckon Jase would be happy with 12 on a plate next year!

mentalhibee
23-05-2017, 04:47 PM
I'd be happy with this signing, good pace and strength.

Super_JMcGinn
23-05-2017, 04:59 PM

He only scored 10 goals in the League to Jasons 19.

Ozyhibby
23-05-2017, 05:04 PM
12 assists though, I reckon Jase would be happy with 12 on a plate next year!

18 goals and 12 assists is very good stats for a season.

Super_JMcGinn
23-05-2017, 05:13 PM
18 goals and 12 assists is very good stats for a season.

10 goals in 32 League games is far from good imo. His midfield colleague scored 11 in 22 and 16 in total.

tamig
23-05-2017, 05:16 PM
10 goals in 32 League games is far from good imo. His midfield colleague scored 11 in 22 and 16 in total.

Is that the boy that an EPL club paid £1m for?

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-05-2017, 05:16 PM
If NL thinks he is good enough then he would know best.

Why do people post comments like this on football forums? If only folk that manage clubs are allowed an opinion the forums wouldnae last too long.

Ozyhibby
23-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Why do people post comments like this on football forums? If only folk that manage clubs are allowed an opinion the forums wouldnae last too long.

Not only that but managers get it wrong a lot. The good managers realise quickly though and change course.

Wilson
23-05-2017, 05:26 PM

People spit out the stats to suit their argument. They never tell the whole story.

What I like is that we have traditionally struggled in the play-offs. Our players, pre-Lennon, seemed to lack the big game mentality. Yet, in Simon Murray, you have a player who has scored in all four of his teams play-off games. That is a stat.

In the big games Simon Murray has contributed with goals. I don't think that should be overlooked by our posters intent on playing numberwang.

Ozyhibby
23-05-2017, 05:29 PM

Only 24 of those appearances were starts though.

Cat Stanton
23-05-2017, 05:39 PM
Any idea on how our Arab chums are taking this one? Gutted? Delighted? Indifferent?

see post two above yours... (104)

southsider
23-05-2017, 05:39 PM
McBride.

Andy & Lewis Goram

Viva_Palmeiras
23-05-2017, 06:03 PM
People spit out the stats to suit their argument. They never tell the whole story.

What I like is that we have traditionally struggled in the play-offs. Our players, pre-Lennon, seemed to lack the big game mentality. Yet, in Simon Murray, you have a player who has scored in all four of his teams play-off games. That is a stat.

In the big games Simon Murray has contributed with goals. I don't think that should be overlooked by our posters intent on playing numberwang.

62.07% of stats are made up.

Nicho87
23-05-2017, 06:56 PM
At Falkirk on Friday for me he was the stand out player. Don't want to be getting ahead of ourselves but Lennon was certainly raving about him afterwards. Would be surprised if we haven't enquired. Simon Murray or Graham? Only one winner for me.

SirDavidsNapper
23-05-2017, 07:14 PM
At Falkirk on Friday for me he was the stand out player. Don't want to be getting ahead of ourselves but Lennon was certainly raving about him afterwards. Would be surprised if we haven't enquired. Simon Murray or Graham? Only one winner for me.

I think we've done more than enquired. We've offered him terms apparently.

Jonnyboy
23-05-2017, 07:17 PM
He only scored 10 goals in the League to Jasons 19.

Point taken but the broader point is, he scores goals which only Jason has done for us on a regular basis!

HibsNutter
23-05-2017, 07:27 PM
Going to trust Lennon on this one, he seems to see a lot in him.

If we can get him in, I think Stokes (assuming the move goes through) and Murray, for Keatings and Holt represents a significant improvement. If we can also move Graham on and bring in a proper target man of quality then we are laughing.

greenlex
23-05-2017, 07:27 PM
Not just his goals tho. He's a pest with pace.
You don't get that with any of our forwards last season with the exception of Boyle who has pace but is less of a pest. He will give us something different and goals too. Don't see what's not to like.

tamig
23-05-2017, 07:48 PM
Not just his goals tho. He's a pest with pace.
You don't get that with any of our forwards last season with the exception of Boyle who has pace but is less of a pest. He will give us something different and goals too. Don't see what's not to like.

Absolutely. The boy looks pretty exciting if unpredictable to me. I'm a bit surprised at some of the negativity towards him.

Earlydelivery
23-05-2017, 07:50 PM
Lennon defo rates him , bid 50k for him in January.

Waxy
23-05-2017, 07:54 PM
The lad seems very tenacious.channeled properly he could be some player.

ekhibee
23-05-2017, 08:15 PM
Absolutely. The boy looks pretty exciting if unpredictable to me. I'm a bit surprised at some of the negativity towards him.
That's what I think as well, some times I've seen him he's been pretty dynamic, but I've only seen him a few times. Obviously a lot of the DU fans have an issue with him for some reason, but we're a different and much better team than them and if there's any more improvement in him then Lennon will definitely coax it out of him IMO.

Funkydunc
23-05-2017, 08:33 PM
He tore Lewis a new one when he came on at Tannadice before Christmas. Probably the only time in the last 3 seasons I can remember that happening.

Hibby Bairn
23-05-2017, 08:36 PM
I think he has terrific movement. Drifting out wide on 121s v full backs and creates chances for others as a result. When he gets a chance himself he invariably hits the target.

Very exciting player imo.

inglisavhibs
23-05-2017, 08:59 PM
It's a signing without risk as there is no fee. I don't think anyone can be sure whether he will be a success or failure but if he keeps improving we might just have another good striker. (if he is actually coming of course)

heretoday
23-05-2017, 10:15 PM
Gary Murray came to Hibs after scoring freely in a lower division. He was a left sided striker but not as quick about the place as his boy!

ancient hibee
23-05-2017, 10:19 PM
It's a signing without risk as there is no fee. I don't think anyone can be sure whether he will be a success or failure but if he keeps improving we might just have another good striker. (if he is actually coming of course)
A signing on fee and a 2 or 3 year contract is a risk I would have thought.

J-C
24-05-2017, 07:56 AM
A signing on fee and a 2 or 3 year contract is a risk I would have thought.

A better risk than Insall who was plucked from somewhere like the 10th tier of English football. A bit of a late developer but wasn't Ian Wright very similar, didn't take football seriously till his early 20's.

eastmainsmsh
24-05-2017, 08:02 AM
In lenny we must trust Murray did play well in the play off v falkirk

Salt N Sauzee
24-05-2017, 08:17 AM
In lenny we must trust Murray did play well in the play off v falkirk

He was rotten in the second leg but still managed to pop up with a goal.

Steve20
24-05-2017, 08:20 AM
He was rotten in the second leg but still managed to pop up with a goal.

In the first half, yes he was poor. He had a very good second half in that game, though.

Salt N Sauzee
24-05-2017, 08:33 AM
In the first half, yes he was poor. He had a very good second half in that game, though.

To say he was very good is stretching it a little. Think he'd do well for us as a back up though, from what I've seen he certainly puts a shift in and is always harassing defenders. Wouldn't be a bad signing.

vahibbie
24-05-2017, 08:53 AM

That's my understanding as well.

brog
24-05-2017, 09:18 AM
To say he was very good is stretching it a little. Think he'd do well for us as a back up though, from what I've seen he certainly puts a shift in and is always harassing defenders. Wouldn't be a bad signing.

It's not stretching it at all. I only saw the 2nd half & Murray, IMO, & more importantly in NL's ( & the whole BT team ) was exceptional. I posted before he reminded me of a young Colin Stein. Older Netters will remember when we used to play a pre season trial game, probables vs possibles. I remember seeing Stein for the 1st time in the trial. He was unbelievably raw, caught offside about a dozen times, but he never gave the 1st team defence a moment's peace, had pace & energy & scored about 3 goals. I think Murray will bring what everyone on here has been crying out for over last 2 or 3 seasons, pace, energy & total commitment. Meanwhile we'll work on improving the more technical aspects of his game. What's not to like?

WhileTheChief..
24-05-2017, 09:31 AM
^^:top marks

He was excellent against Falkirk and stood out head and shoulders above everyone else on the park.

I'll be delighted if we get him, exactly the type of player we need and I loved the enthusiasm that Lennon showed when talking about him.

Baldy Foghorn
24-05-2017, 09:36 AM
Would be happy enough if he signed

CallumLaidlaw
24-05-2017, 09:39 AM
I do wonder what some people see, or choose to see. The 2nd 45 minutes against Falkirk, Murray single handedly got Utd through. He was excellent. No matter who the opposition was, he grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and pressed Falkirk hard.

Golden Bear
24-05-2017, 09:44 AM
I've honestly not seen enough of the guy's play to provide an opinion, but there again I'd never heard of Gordon Rae before he signed!

Andy74
24-05-2017, 09:44 AM

Totally agree.

DunblaneHibby
24-05-2017, 10:00 AM
It's not stretching it at all. I only saw the 2nd half & Murray, IMO, & more importantly in NL's ( & the whole BT team ) was exceptional. I posted before he reminded me of a young Colin Stein. Older Netters will remember when we used to play a pre season trial game, probables vs possibles. I remember seeing Stein for the 1st time in the trial. He was unbelievably raw, caught offside about a dozen times, but he never gave the 1st team defence a moment's peace, had pace & energy & scored about 3 goals. I think Murray will bring what everyone on here has been crying out for over last 2 or 3 seasons, pace, energy & total commitment. Meanwhile we'll work on improving the more technical aspects of his game. What's not to like?

Couldnt agree more. Remember seeing him a couple of times at arbroath and thought he was a fantastic raw talent.

CapitalGreen
24-05-2017, 10:01 AM
I do wonder what some people see, or choose to see. The 2nd 45 minutes against Falkirk, Murray single handedly got Utd through. He was excellent. No matter who the opposition was, he grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and pressed Falkirk hard.

Some people choose to see more than 45 minutes maybe?

CallumLaidlaw
24-05-2017, 10:03 AM
Some people choose to see more than 45 minutes maybe?

I'm referring to the people that said he wasn't "very good" in the 2nd half.

Salt N Sauzee
24-05-2017, 10:03 AM

Think you may of missed the part where I actually said he wouldn't be a bad signing and noted a couple of his attributes. He had a poor game in both halves against Falkirk but still managed to notch one which says more about him than less.

JimBHibees
24-05-2017, 10:20 AM
Think you may of missed the part where I actually said he wouldn't be a bad signing and noted a couple of his attributes. He had a poor game in both halves against Falkirk but still managed to notch one which says more about him than less.

Palpably nonsense he was superb in the second half.

ekhibee
24-05-2017, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE=Salt N Sauzee;5051151]Think you may of missed the part where I actually said he wouldn't be a bad signing and noted a couple of his attributes. He had a poor game in both halves against Falkirk but still managed to notch one which says more about him than less.[/QUOTE
I know what you're saying, but I find it a bit strange that you thought he had 'a poor game in BOTH halves.' Thought he had a really good 2nd half, but maybe I'm in a minority.

Salt N Sauzee
24-05-2017, 10:33 AM
I know what you're saying, but I find it a bit strange that you thought he had 'a poor game in BOTH halves.' Thought he had a really good 2nd half, but maybe I'm in a minority.

You're probably not in a minority. People see games differently.

brog
24-05-2017, 10:38 AM

Saying he had a poor game in the 2nd half against Falkirk is like saying Stokesy had a poor cup final!! The boy was outstanding or to quote NL's very 1st words, "Simon Murray was unbelievable"!! I'm not arguing about an overall assessment of his game, he's definitely raw but has talent & worth taking a chance with him. That's all IMO but to say he had a poor 2nd half versus Falkirk is just perverse. Did you really see it?

JDHibs
24-05-2017, 10:46 AM
We've offered this lad a very good deal apparently. Hes also been shown round East Mains earlier this week.

Be surprised if we dont sign him

Salt N Sauzee
24-05-2017, 10:49 AM
Saying he had a poor game in the 2nd half against Falkirk is like saying Stokesy had a poor cup final!! The boy was outstanding or to quote NL's very 1st words, "Simon Murray was unbelievable"!! I'm not arguing about an overall assessment of his game, he's definitely raw but has talent & worth taking a chance with him. That's all IMO but to say he had a poor 2nd half versus Falkirk is just perverse. Did you really see it?

No it isn't, both are worlds apart. I did indeed mate - I'll give you that he was better in the second half but he wasn't "superb" or "very good" in my opinion. He took his goal well and made a decent run to lay-off Andreu (I think). Other than that I only remember him heading straight into the Falkirk Goalies hands from a few yards out and having a shot drift wide from inside the corner of the 18 yard box along with a few poor touches. All in all - I've seen him play better than that and look forward to him doing so for Hibs :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
24-05-2017, 11:02 AM
We've offered this lad a very good deal apparently. Hes also been shown round East Mains earlier this week.

That sounds promising

GloryGlory
24-05-2017, 11:19 AM

Club just waiting until play offs finished before announcing PCA? Hopefully with Efe and Rocky as well. :flag:

brog
24-05-2017, 11:33 AM
No it isn't, both are worlds apart. I did indeed mate - I'll give you that he was better in the second half but he wasn't "superb" or "very good" in my opinion. He took his goal well and made a decent run to lay-off Andreu (I think). Other than that I only remember him heading straight into the Falkirk Goalies hands from a few yards out and having a shot drift wide from inside the corner of the 18 yard box along with a few poor touches. All in all - I've seen him play better than that and look forward to him doing so for Hibs :aok:

If you've seen him play better than that we definitely need him! 😀 Cheers!

JDHibs
24-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Club just waiting until play offs finished before announcing PCA? Hopefully with Efe and Rocky as well. :flag:

Possibly.

Lago
24-05-2017, 11:39 AM
Spot on. Sad day for me when Stein left, Murray would be an excellent signing.

Ray_
24-05-2017, 12:12 PM
Spot on. Sad day for me when Stein left, Murray would be an excellent signing.

pig sick, only to be repeated in 1970, when Marinello & then Cormack also went. A year later and the emergence of the TT's soon had me saying Colin who?

rodhibs55
24-05-2017, 12:30 PM
pig sick, only to be repeated in 1970, when Marinello & then Cormack also went. A year later and the emergence of the TT's soon had me saying Colin who?

I believe Colin Stein was the first £100000 transfer between two Scottish clubs.

Newcastlehibby
24-05-2017, 01:02 PM

Joe McBride was some replacement though!!

snooky
24-05-2017, 02:09 PM
I believe Colin Stein was the first £100000 transfer between two Scottish clubs.

And scored a hat-trick in each of his first two games with the Hunsters.
The first was against Arbroath and the second was unfortunately against us.
Still, we had £100k in the bank so the fans could sit and look at the Hibs bank balance with exuberance & joy - just like we did when we sold Gaz. :rolleyes:

heretoday
24-05-2017, 02:16 PM
And scored a hat-trick in each of his first two games with the Hunsters.
The first was against Arbroath and the second was unfortunately against us.
Still, we had £100k in the bank so the fans could sit and look at the Hibs bank balance with exuberance & joy - just like we did when we sold Gaz. :rolleyes:

Joe McBride scored a few hattricks too. It was a good deal.

Ray_
24-05-2017, 02:20 PM

True, we had agreed a 90k deal with Everton, only for Stein to dig his heels in and sign for his heroes for 100k.

Ray_
24-05-2017, 02:25 PM
Joe McBride was some replacement though!!

He was and this was the point I started going to all our games, home and away, before that I had to be taken to games [parental control, much to my displeasure], that's what came with having Jambo parents :greengrin

Lago
24-05-2017, 06:13 PM
Yes with you on that, only time I felt that way again was when I saw Pat Stanton holding a Celtic scarf over his head, could have cried.

Big L
24-05-2017, 11:34 PM
True, we had agreed a 90k deal with Everton, only for Stein to dig his heels in and sign for his heroes for 100k.

I hesrd Everton had only offered £60K. Rangers were told Everton would go to £90K so they offered £100K.

Ray_
25-05-2017, 04:47 AM
I hesrd Everton had only offered £60K. Rangers were told Everton would go to £90K so they offered £100K.

What I remember is that Hibs had accepted Everton's 90k offer, which was bad enough and then it got a whole lot worse, hearing they had been trumped by Rangers.

Ray_
25-05-2017, 04:54 AM
Joe McBride scored a few hattricks too. It was a good deal.

Both got 8 goals in their first three games, for their respective new clubs.

Rangers 1, Leipzig 3, & Morton 4 for our 12k signing & Stein's goals were against [if memory is correct], Dundalk 2, Arbroath 3 & 3 against us [1-6], which made him even more unpopular, if that was possible back then. :greengrin

Zazu62
25-05-2017, 05:08 PM

Is he out of contract? Find it a bit strange he would be doing that with a massive game for DU coming up

Booked4Being-Ugly
25-05-2017, 05:39 PM
Is he out of contract? Find it a bit strange he would be doing that with a massive game for DU coming upEnd of this season which means he's free to speak to any clubs.....as far as I know anyway.

tamig
25-05-2017, 05:50 PM
Both got 8 goals in their first three games, for their respective new clubs.

Rangers 1, Leipzig 3, & Morton 4 for our 12k signing & Stein's goals were against [if memory is correct], Dundalk 2, Arbroath 3 & 3 against us [1-6], which made him even more unpopular, if that was possible back then. :greengrin
Was that when the song was introduced about him walking like a woman and wearing a bra? Remember singing that song when I was very young and only ever knew him as a hun player.

WoreTheGreen
25-05-2017, 06:16 PM
Was that when the song was introduced about him walking like a woman and wearing a bra? Remember singing that song when I was very young and only ever knew him as a hun player.

If his bra to big then ware a wig. Or did i just dream that

brog
25-05-2017, 06:33 PM
End of this season which means he's free to speak to any clubs.....as far as I know anyway.
He's been free to speak to any club since January.

Golden Bear
25-05-2017, 06:35 PM
We'll see how he plays tonight, this thread should be interesting later on.

FitbaFolkKen
25-05-2017, 06:48 PM
We'll see how he plays tonight, this thread should be interesting later on.

Yup, makes the game a wee bit more interesting too :)

blackpoolhibs
25-05-2017, 06:51 PM
Murray has been anonymous so far?

Golden Bear
25-05-2017, 06:56 PM
Murray has been anonymous so far?

Never hurry a Murray

Hero76
25-05-2017, 07:09 PM
Can we take Blair spittal instead please

Keyser Sauzee
25-05-2017, 07:14 PM

Why, he is just as average as Murray

cabbageandribs1875
25-05-2017, 07:15 PM

no ta, can't even jump the 2nd hurdle

Golden Bear
25-05-2017, 07:15 PM

He was utter garbage in the games against Falkirk.

SirDavidsNapper
25-05-2017, 07:17 PM

He's not very good

hibee_girl
25-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Murray booked for diving

Keyser Sauzee
25-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Terrible dive from Murray there

Mr White
25-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Poor from him there.

Heisenberg
Shocking attempt at cheating after a nice first touch.

Salt N Sauzee
Great dive. Fyvie-esque, sign him up.

cabbageandribs1875
25-05-2017, 07:21 PM
need to brush up on his diving technique

Golden Bear
25-05-2017, 07:22 PM
Bingham looks a threat, can we take him as well? 😀

Ozyhibby
25-05-2017, 07:22 PM
Preston excitedly calling him a cheat, biggest clue yet he is our player.

Smartie
25-05-2017, 07:23 PM
Preston excitedly calling him a cheat, biggest clue yet he is our player.

We could do with someone to play the Jamie Walker role for us.

brog
25-05-2017, 07:32 PM
Dundee Utd defence is shocking & Tony Andreu has been posted missing throughout the play offs.

SMAXXA
25-05-2017, 07:36 PM
Dundee Utd defence is shocking & Tony Andreu has been posted missing throughout the play offs.

Biggest misguided love in for me TA has been pish every time I've seen him, give me Simon Murray every day of the week. Would be a passenger in a hibs jersey and I've seen far too many of them in my time.

SMAXXA
25-05-2017, 07:37 PM
Awww and don't get me started on that donkey Durnan 🙈

makaveli1875
25-05-2017, 07:41 PM
If were going to be the 2nd best team in the country we'll need to find someone better than Murray , he's pish

Lago
25-05-2017, 07:43 PM
If were going to be the 2nd best team in the country we'll need to find someone better than Murray , he's pish
Dont be silly.

Nemo
25-05-2017, 07:49 PM

He is indeed

SaulGoodman
25-05-2017, 07:56 PM
He's a greedy **** I ken that

Heisenberg
25-05-2017, 07:57 PM
His decision making there was awful.

Nemo
25-05-2017, 07:58 PM
Murray's the type of player that the emphasis of his game is centred around trying to harass opposing players into making a mistake, works sometimes i suppose.

i would rather have players and a team that make things happen themselves through craft, guile, skill, pace and technique.

or maybe ave had too much sun the day.

just a thought

poolman
25-05-2017, 07:58 PM
Haven't seen anything that would make me want to see him in a Hibs jersey

Keyser Sauzee
25-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Sure someone will be along soon with some stat that proves he would be a great signing for us...........

Mr White
25-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Haven't seen anything that would make me want to see him in a Hibs jersey

From what I've seen of him this season I think he'd be ripped to bits by a section of our support within no time unfortunately. He puts the effort in but he's just not good enough for where we should be aiming for.

He'll score in the next few minutes now :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
25-05-2017, 08:04 PM
Don't need to see any stats, he would be a good signing for us!

bingo70
25-05-2017, 08:04 PM
Sure someone will be along soon with some stat that proves he would be a great signing for us...........

I'm sure that Lennon would have watched him more than just this game, not really a stat but there you go.

Also worth noting if he's signed it'll be as a squad player and a cheap raw talent that's worth a punt. We can't have 25 superstars in the squad unfortunately.

scotiaf
25-05-2017, 08:12 PM
I think he would be decent foyle for Cummings, covers the ground well
And put himself about. Not sure he is more than 12 goals a season though

SaulGoodman
25-05-2017, 08:21 PM
Whoops

overdrive
25-05-2017, 08:21 PM
Sent off

Hiber-nation
25-05-2017, 08:22 PM
Scandalous decision.

heretoday
Perhaps we shouldn't sign him after all.

Dibben
At least they can announce it tomorrow now... 👍🏻

Heisenberg
What a terrible decision. Stonewall penalty.

Golden Bear
Poor decision. It was a penalty, no dive there. Linesman got it all wrong.

lucky
25-05-2017, 08:23 PM
Shocking decision to send him off.

SMAXXA
Terrible decision stone wall penalty

Salt N Sauzee
Contact? Yes.

Made a meal of it? Yes.

Tough one.

SANH 1875
Regards of that decision, he's *****.

WhileTheChief..
25-05-2017, 08:24 PM
What exactly did he do wrong there??

JimBHibees
Linesman has clearly cheated there no other reason. Bent an absolute joke.

SMAXXA
It's the prick linesman that's always west stand side at Easter road

SaulGoodman
What exactly did he do wrong there??

Launched himself 15 feet into the air?

makaveli1875
At least they can announce it tomorrow now... 👍🏻

as john mcenroe once said , you can not be serious ?

heretoday
His card will be rescinded.

Since90+2
25-05-2017, 08:25 PM
Stonewall penalty. Can they appeal the sending off for the second leg?

SirDavidsNapper
Would rather have Keatings

Blaster
Would rather have Keatings

Didn't want to stay so wasn't an option

JimBHibees
Contact? Yes.

Made a meal of it? Yes.

Tough one.

Donati smashed his knee certain pen.

JimBHibees
25-05-2017, 08:26 PM

Don't think so as only a yellow.

dmc1875
25-05-2017, 08:27 PM

Can't as it wasn't a straight red?

Callum_62
25-05-2017, 08:27 PM
he done exactly what Murray does- never gave up and got a toe to it- clear pen

Joe6-2
25-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Linesman has clearly cheated there no other reason. Bent an absolute joke.

Glad to hear someone else say that, I think quite a few of them are, it's not all incompetence!!

overdrive
25-05-2017, 08:28 PM

I don't think they can. It was a second yellow. I think you can only appeal a yellow for mistaken identity.

Blaster
25-05-2017, 08:29 PM
I thought you could appeal simulation

JimBHibees
25-05-2017, 08:29 PM

Don't think it can be as only a yellow may be wrong though.

JimBHibees
25-05-2017, 08:30 PM
I thought you could appeal simulation

Think you might be right.

Newry Hibs
Launched himself 15 feet into the air?

Correct. I think his previous dive didn't help him either.

greenlex
Don't think so as only a yellow.

I think you can appeal a simulation yellow. Did Hearts not do it recently? In fact did we not do it with Gary o Connor.?

hibee_girl
25-05-2017, 08:31 PM
I think you can appeal a simulation yellow. Did Hearts not do it recently? In fact did we not do it with Gary o Connor.?

:agree:

Just seen this on twitter from a STV journo:

In fact, re-reading the rules, Simon Murray could appeal his yellow for diving and it would immediately put his ban on hold until heard.

Salt N Sauzee
25-05-2017, 08:32 PM
Donati smashed his knee certain pen.

Makes contact with his left knee. Doesn't do himself any favours by throwing his left leg up.

O'Rourke3
25-05-2017, 08:32 PM
He was booked for dissent/abuse to the officials not diving. No chance he'll win any appeal.

Spike Mandela
25-05-2017, 08:33 PM
There is nobody on the pitch I would be desperate to see in a Hibs jersey never mind Murray.

Mediocre at best.

SMAXXA
25-05-2017, 08:33 PM
He was booked for dissent/abuse to the officials not diving. No chance he'll win any appeal.

How do you know that?

Since90+2
25-05-2017, 08:34 PM

Was he? Can't think of why the foul would have been given unless the ref thought it was a dive?

Hibs1972
Contact? Yes.

Made a meal of it? Yes.

Tough one.
That's the way I seen it as well,definite contact,just go down naturally instead of flicking your back legs up in the air!

bingo70
Makes contact with his left knee. Doesn't do himself any favours by throwing his left leg up.

If you're running at full pelt and someone boots your left knee how would you react?

JimBHibees
Regards of that decision, he's *****.

Nonsense

hibee_girl

Even if that's true they can appeal his first yellow as it was for diving.