PDA

View Full Version : Grant Holt interview

keep the faith
19-05-2017, 04:39 PM
http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich-city-legend-grant-holt-opens-up-to-michael-bailey-over-his-possible-canaries-future-his-latest-honour-at-hibernian-and-why-he-is-so-relaxed-heading-into-another-summer-unsure-of-where-he-ll-end-up-next-1-5025111

Nice little interview with Holt here. Seems to have enjoyed his time here and comes across very well.
Thanks for everything big man and good luck in the future.

ekhibee
19-05-2017, 08:29 PM
“I went up there with an open mind. I knew Hibs were a big club and (manager) Neil Lennon had told me exactly what he wanted to do. Once I went up there, I realised we had a good young bunch of players who wanted to achieve stuff and a manager that wanted to get back to winning things.
“But it’s not to do with the medals, it’s the achievements and the people you do it with. The memories you take over the season of being with them, being in certain games, travelling on the buses having the debriefs and trying to rectify it.

“And then at the end of it, having the euphoria of winning it, looking around the dressing room at a group you are delighted to be with and achieve with. That’s the most gratifying thing. That’s the most you’ll take out of it.
“Standing on balconies like we did at Norwich castle, with all the fans out. We had it with Hibs, 19,000 at the end of the season all singing Sunshine on Leith.
“It’s not the medal, but the people you’ve done it with and the enjoyment they got out of it.”
Which no doubt made all that travelling worthwhile.

Pedantic_Hibee
19-05-2017, 08:31 PM
One of my favourite players over the past ten years.

stantonhibby
19-05-2017, 08:33 PM

You can tell he must have been a hell of a player in his prime.

Hibeewilly
19-05-2017, 08:46 PM
lovely article from a player with a fantastic attitude - top man:agree:

inglisavhibs
19-05-2017, 08:47 PM
http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich-city-legend-grant-holt-opens-up-to-michael-bailey-over-his-possible-canaries-future-his-latest-honour-at-hibernian-and-why-he-is-so-relaxed-heading-into-another-summer-unsure-of-where-he-ll-end-up-next-1-5025111

Nice little interview with Holt here. Seems to have enjoyed his time here and comes across very well.
Thanks for everything big man and good luck in the future.

Football would be a lot better off if every player had Holt's attitude. All the best to him for the future.

hibby6270
19-05-2017, 08:48 PM
Mrs Hibby6270's favourite player this season.

Nice derrière apparently. Can't say I noticed!! :wink::greengrin

Lago
19-05-2017, 08:49 PM
“I went up there with an open mind. I knew Hibs were a big club and (manager) Neil Lennon had told me exactly what he wanted to do. Once I went up there, I realised we had a good young bunch of players who wanted to achieve stuff and a manager that wanted to get back to winning things.
“But it’s not to do with the medals, it’s the achievements and the people you do it with. The memories you take over the season of being with them, being in certain games, travelling on the buses having the debriefs and trying to rectify it.

“And then at the end of it, having the euphoria of winning it, looking around the dressing room at a group you are delighted to be with and achieve with. That’s the most gratifying thing. That’s the most you’ll take out of it.
“Standing on balconies like we did at Norwich castle, with all the fans out. We had it with Hibs, 19,000 at the end of the season all singing Sunshine on Leith.
“It’s not the medal, but the people you’ve done it with and the enjoyment they got out of it.”
Which no doubt made all that travelling worthwhile.
Terrific! !

GreenNWhiteArmy
19-05-2017, 08:49 PM

Agreed. He took a lot of stick on here and at games but he done the job he was asked to do. Fantastic professional and seems like an all round top guy.

Best of luck wherever your career takes you next Holty.

hibee_girl
19-05-2017, 08:50 PM

:agree: Really wanted him to stay on for another year

Hi Heid Yin
19-05-2017, 09:08 PM
Holt came and did a fantastic job for us.
I truly believe that his muscle and graft, fight and determination contributed to more points gained than lost during this title-winning season.
He made that little bit of difference - a physical presence that was previously lacking during Stubbs' tenure.
Yes, as I've said so often, Holt didn't score a barrow-load of goals but he brought much more both on and off the ball, freeing up and tee-ing up his colleagues.
Every successful side needs a Grant Holt.
In his heyday he was often unplayable. We only saw him in the twilight of his career, but his class still shone through.

Pete
20-05-2017, 03:25 AM
Holt came and did a fantastic job for us.
I truly believe that his muscle and graft, fight and determination contributed to more points gained than lost during this title-winning season.
He made that little bit of difference - a physical presence that was previously lacking during Stubbs' tenure.
Yes, as I've said so often, Holt didn't score a barrow-load of goals but he brought much more both on and off the ball, freeing up and tee-ing up his colleagues.
Every successful side needs a Grant Holt.
In his heyday he was often unplayable. We only saw him in the twilight of his career, but his class still shone through.

:agree:

People who point to his goals tally might disagree but I think he did a good job for us. It's a bit sad because I think he could have done an even better job in the top flight against better opposition.

Let's hope Neil can pull a similar rabbit out of a hat for the start of next season.

jacomo
20-05-2017, 06:59 AM
You can tell he must have been a hell of a player in his prime.

He was very good yes. Had a big hand in getting Norwich into the EPL.

Leith's finest
20-05-2017, 07:07 AM
Was also a good ref at wrestling

Pretty Boy
20-05-2017, 07:37 AM
Good player and I would have liked to have seen him around the place for another season.

That interview sums up his attitude. A lot of players have pitched up at Hibs in recent years from England and seemed to think they were doing us a favour sullying themselves by playing for us. Holt had played at the top level yet gave everything he had for the cause.

jax67
20-05-2017, 08:00 AM
Loved big Holts contribution, great centre forward.
All the best for the future Mr Holt, and thank you.👏

HibbySpurs
20-05-2017, 08:03 AM
Great player, helped our cause no end this season without having to be the star of the show.

Wish him well for the future.

HFCdeb
20-05-2017, 08:20 AM

Same. Very sad to see him go, forever grateful for his contribution over the past year.

Stevie Reid
20-05-2017, 06:22 PM
Love him. I said after a couple of games this season that I'd be amazed if he wasn't a cult hero by the end of it. Was surprised at how many folk weren't at all convinced, though I would have liked a few more goals from him certainly.

Would have loved him to have been around for the SPL campaign, but happy that he leaves with such fond memories. If Lennon continues to bring in similar characters, we won't go far wrong.

staunchhibby
20-05-2017, 07:24 PM
Lasting memory of holty was when he was getting abuse from fans about his weight he lifted his top and showed his physique off.Also mimicked they needed glasses.Brilliant response

Billychaotic182
20-05-2017, 07:58 PM
Was also a good ref at wrestling

Nothing on Earl Hebnar

edwards
20-05-2017, 08:36 PM
Was liked by a lot of the fans and I was one gave us everything he had and helped us win the championship.All the best for the future Grant