PDA

View Full Version : (nhc) Dundee utd

Fuzzywuzzy
19-05-2017, 06:46 AM
Looks as though they're in the brown stuff. You've got to reckon that they need to win the play offs to have any hope of getting through this.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15295728.Auditors_warn_of__material_uncertainty__o ver_Dundee_United_as_a__going_concern_/

Jones28
19-05-2017, 08:07 AM
They really are up to their necks in it. Promotion is an absolute must for them now. Sure as **** nobody is going to come in for them and have they got the fan base to save them as the hearts fans did?

Billy Whizz
19-05-2017, 08:17 AM
Are they not about to get a big fee, when Andy Robertson signs for Liverpool?

ozhibs
19-05-2017, 09:11 AM

I heard 1.8 million quid or 10% so that should pay off their debt.

JimBHibees
19-05-2017, 09:12 AM

Is he definitely signing for Liverpool? What a move that would be for him.

Billy Whizz
19-05-2017, 09:13 AM
Is he definitely signing for Liverpool? What a move that would be for him.

Been rumoured, bet United are desperate it goes through

JimBHibees
19-05-2017, 09:18 AM

I'll bet they are. Cant see him not moving just didnt think Liverpool would be interested. Hope they are as his career rise has been amazing given he was at Queens Park what 4 years ago.

JDHibs
19-05-2017, 10:01 AM
I'll bet they are. Cant see him not moving just didnt think Liverpool would be interested. Hope they are as his career rise has been amazing given he was at Queens Park what 4 years ago.

Got to remember, Liverpool have been using Milner at left back all season, hes a good player but he isnt a left back, although hes infront of Moreno, so shows how bad Moreno is.

Liverpool will be looking to strengthen their defence as thats a big weakness for them.

calumhibee1
19-05-2017, 10:09 AM
If I was Liverpool (or any of the biggest English team for that matter) I'd be going for Kieran Tierney ahead of Robertson every day of the week.

Itsnoteasy
19-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Just as desperate as the Queen of Hertz wi Paterson.

mjhibby
19-05-2017, 10:14 AM
Scary stuff and only goes to show how lucky we are at the moment though the Scottish cup win has balanced the books massively.

JimBHibees
19-05-2017, 10:15 AM
If I was Liverpool (or any of the biggest English team for that matter) I'd be going for Kieran Tierney ahead of Robertson every day of the week.

Will be more expensive to get.

inglisavhibs
19-05-2017, 10:16 AM
They really are up to their necks in it. Promotion is an absolute must for them now. Sure as **** nobody is going to come in for them and have they got the fan base to save them as the hearts fans did?
Hearts were saved by the person who persuaded the Lithuanians to take only £2m for the £30m debt (Jackson or Salmond, or both). It was only after this that Budge stepped in with her £2m loan and to be fair to the fans they have been extremely generous since.

JimBHibees
19-05-2017, 10:17 AM
Got to remember, Liverpool have been using Milner at left back all season, hes a good player but he isnt a left back, although hes infront of Moreno, so shows how bad Moreno is.

Liverpool will be looking to strengthen their defence as thats a big weakness for them.

True though Robertson while probably better than Moreno has similar attributes in being better going forward than coming back though think he can get better under Klopp. Can see Liverpool trying to buy big in centre defence such as Van Dyjk or Godin or similar.

Pretty Boy
19-05-2017, 10:18 AM
Eddie Thompson will be turning in his grave at what his son has done and is doing to United.

Dashing Bob S
19-05-2017, 10:18 AM
Not being paranoid but anybody think this is an attempt by the Houston loving hun media to discredit United before the big game because they used to be called Dundee Hibernians and it reminds them of events last year?

JimBHibees
19-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Not being paranoid but anybody think this is an attempt by the Houston loving hun media to discredit United before the big game because they used to be called Dundee Hibernians and it reminds them of events last year?

Certainly very poor timing from a United POV. Hope United knock them out.

JimBHibees
19-05-2017, 10:20 AM
Eddie Thompson will be turning in his grave at what his son has done and is doing to United.

Was the big issue not that the family were concerned with how much of their money was tied up in United.

Del Boy
19-05-2017, 10:27 AM

Well seeing as this information has been in the public domain for weeks you could be right.

Would they be signing players on pre contracts if they were about to go bust?

The money from Andy Robertson will obviously help but hope they come up anyway.

vuefrom1875
19-05-2017, 10:27 AM
Hearts were saved by the person who persuaded the Lithuanians to take only £2m for the £30m debt (Jackson or Salmond, or both). It was only after this that Budge stepped in with her £2m loan and to be fair to the fans they have been extremely generous since.

Big fat Salmon first oot wi the begging bowl😀

col02
19-05-2017, 10:52 AM
I hope United get promoted as the Spl would be interesting with there being all the big city clubs in the top flight. That said Doncaster would still probably struggle to sell our game and bring in higher revenue streams.

ColinNish
19-05-2017, 12:19 PM

Correct

HibernianJK
19-05-2017, 12:31 PM

Why?

Robertson the better full back IMO and had stood out even with a ***** team around him.

AndyM_1875
19-05-2017, 12:42 PM
I work with a United fan and he says United have to go up this season.
They don't have the big fanbase to sustain a long stay in the Championship nor the regular income streams that Hibs had.
I don't expect they'll beat the horrible Falkirk sadly. Next season they'll be playing in front of sub 5k crowds.
Administration may well beckon.

BegbieHSC
19-05-2017, 01:14 PM
Stephen Thompson should be utterly ashamed of himself! Absolutely disgraceful what he's let happen to United.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-05-2017, 01:16 PM
United will get 750k if Liverpool sign Robertson for 8m

Dundee Hibee
19-05-2017, 01:36 PM
This was all in the United accounts back in February, it's standard practice for accountants to include this when the company is going to have to rely on funding from directors.
The accounts are over 3 months old so you have to think why the reporter thought it was newsworthy today, on the eve of a huge game for the club?

BTW the reporter is a self confessed hun and they hate Utd and Thompson.........

greenginger
19-05-2017, 02:09 PM
This was all in the United accounts back in February, it's standard practice for accountants to include this when the company is going to have to rely on funding from directors.
The accounts are over 3 months old so you have to think why the reporter thought it was newsworthy today, on the eve of a huge game for the club?

BTW the reporter is a self confessed hun and they hate Utd and Thompson.........

I think Thompson was one of the strongest voices against Sevco getting into the top flight back in 2012

A marked man for bluenose media a***lickers.

calumhibee1
19-05-2017, 02:13 PM
Why?

Robertson the better full back IMO and had stood out even with a ***** team around him.

I'd disagree with that. Imo Tierney is the best full back Scotland have had in god knows how long and one of the best in Britain already. That's not even taking into account the fact he's so young.

Michael
19-05-2017, 02:24 PM
I work with a United fan and he says United have to go up this season.
They don't have the big fanbase to sustain a long stay in the Championship nor the regular income streams that Hibs had.
I don't expect they'll beat the horrible Falkirk sadly. Next season they'll be playing in front of sub 5k crowds.
Administration may well beckon.

All the other teams get by on less. They'll just have to reduce their budget.

Del Boy
19-05-2017, 02:26 PM
All the other teams get by on less. They'll just have to reduce their budget.

Exactly. They'd still be best supported team in the championship

Moulin Yarns
19-05-2017, 02:36 PM
My own pet resident Arab tells me that isn't new and just reckons the journalist must be a Bairn.

SChibs
19-05-2017, 03:04 PM
Just as desperate as the Queen of Hertz wi Paterson.

Heard today from someone who knows Patterson that he hates hearts and he'd rather retire than sign another contract with them. I think they have ****ed Patterson over somehow as he close to a move to West Ham before his injury

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2017, 03:42 PM

Robertson hasn't exactly looked great at Hull,Moreno is poor, plenty of pace but can't defend.

NAE NOOKIE
19-05-2017, 05:55 PM
Dundee have been bouncing around for years now without making a dent in the league and more importantly the cups. It now looks like United could be heading in the same direction where they struggle to make any sort of impact.

I know that stadium sharing is not something that appeals to most fans, but it has to be said that the geographical proximity of the Dundee clubs means that at least physically they practically occupy the same space anyway ....... Both stadiums are well below an acceptable standard and if the inactivity of both clubs over the last 10 years or so regarding their infrastructure is anything to go by it doesn't look like any meaningful stadium upgrades are going to be in the pipeline for the foreseeable future.

It seems to me that both clubs have reached a point where the logic of at least investigating building a shared stadium can hardly be ignored. The land occupied by Dens Park and Tannadice must be considerable and in a city that's currently having millions poured into its infrastructure projects it must be worth a decent amount of money.

By sharing a ground both clubs would considerably reduce their running costs and if it was a joint project to build say a 12 to 14,000 capacity stadium perhaps it would be easier to attract grants, stadium sponsorship and council backing ...... even to the extent that they would gain permission to build within the city boundary.

Given the current state of football in Dundee it needs a shot in the arm and this could well be the way to do it ..... if nothing else when you look at the list of clubs over the last few years who have troubled the engravers at Hampden the absence of Dundee from that list is a bit of a pity if you ask me.

theonlywayisup
19-05-2017, 06:59 PM
Dundee have been bouncing around for years now without making a dent in the league and more importantly the cups. It now looks like United could be heading in the same direction where they struggle to make any sort of impact.

I know that stadium sharing is not something that appeals to most fans, but it has to be said that the geographical proximity of the Dundee clubs means that at least physically they practically occupy the same space anyway ....... Both stadiums are well below an acceptable standard and if the inactivity of both clubs over the last 10 years or so regarding their infrastructure is anything to go by it doesn't look like any meaningful stadium upgrades are going to be in the pipeline for the foreseeable future.

It seems to me that both clubs have reached a point where the logic of at least investigating building a shared stadium can hardly be ignored. The land occupied by Dens Park and Tannadice must be considerable and in a city that's currently having millions poured into its infrastructure projects it must be worth a decent amount of money.

By sharing a ground both clubs would considerably reduce their running costs and if it was a joint project to build say a 12 to 14,000 capacity stadium perhaps it would be easier to attract grants, stadium sponsorship and council backing ...... even to the extent that they would gain permission to build within the city boundary.

Given the current state of football in Dundee it needs a shot in the arm and this could well be the way to do it ..... if nothing else when you look at the list of clubs over the last few years who have troubled the engravers at Hampden the absence of Dundee from that list is a bit of a pity if you ask me.

As a neutral, that seems far too much like common sense.

If you were a United or Dee fan, would you still think the same.

ColinNish
19-05-2017, 07:19 PM

Says who?

NAE NOOKIE
19-05-2017, 07:32 PM
Says who?

Are you saying Dens Park doesn't need a new main stand and the shed opposite it replaced? Just read any thread on here whenever we visit Tannadice to see what folk think of that place. By acceptable I mean proper facilities, unrestricted views and decent leg room .... you know, the sort of stuff folk expect these days when paying for entertainment.

ColinNish
19-05-2017, 07:43 PM
Are you saying Dens Park doesn't need a new main stand and the shed opposite it replaced? Just read any thread on here whenever we visit Tannadice to see what folk think of that place. By acceptable I mean proper facilities, unrestricted views and decent leg room .... you know, the sort of stuff folk expect these days when paying for entertainment.

Dens Park is a dive, I'll give you that but more so for the home fans i would say with the old wooden stand. Away stand is newer than 3 stands at ER so assuming you've maybe no been to Dens since 2000.

Tannadice away "Fair Play stand" is terrible but the rest of the stadium is more than "acceptable" IMO. But you've probably no been in the other stands so wouldn't know that. :wink: