PDA

View Full Version : New contracts and signings.

GreenArmyyy!
18-05-2017, 02:41 PM
Wee update for you all, Fontaine has signed a new deal, Boyle has agreed to sign a deal, Fyvie is yet to decide. Marciano and Ambrose are both close to signing.

BlackSheep
18-05-2017, 02:46 PM
Wee update for you all, Fontaine has signed a new deal, Boyle has agreed to sign a deal, Fyvie is yet to decide. Marciano and Ambrose are both close to signing.

Source?

matty_f
18-05-2017, 02:48 PM
Lennon, speaking to Fans News on Facebook...

Billychaotic182
18-05-2017, 02:49 PM
Source?

Neil Lennon

GreenArmyyy!
18-05-2017, 02:50 PM
We did a live Q and A with Lennon on Fans News about an hour ago.

Brightside
18-05-2017, 02:50 PM
Neil Lennon

What does he know eh. :greengrin

DarlingtonHibee
18-05-2017, 03:00 PM
We did a live Q and A with Lennon on Fans News about an hour ago.

Can we view?

BlackSheep
18-05-2017, 03:02 PM
Brilliant..... any links to this.....?

JDT
18-05-2017, 03:05 PM
Happy to hear Boyle, Ambrose & Marciano are close to signing but I cant say I'm too fussy about Fyvie. He must've been offered that contract weeks ago and still to have no decided tells me he's waiting on a better offer. I'd give Scott Martin his place for next season in midfield as he always impressed me when he played.

JimboHibs
18-05-2017, 03:12 PM
Happy to hear Boyle, Ambrose & Marciano are close to signing but I cant say I'm too fussy about Fyvie. He must've been offered that contract weeks ago and still to have no decided tells me he's waiting on a better offer. I'd give Scott Martin his place for next season in midfield as he always impressed me when he played.

Lol impressed more than Fyvie that's silly,I'd be gutted if we lose Fraser a midfield of Fraser,Dylan,Danny & John would top any other midfield outwith Celtic.Fyvie was our most consistent midfielder till he was injured.

neil7908
18-05-2017, 03:14 PM
Brilliant news, would like to keep Fyvie but I would understand if he wants to move as he probably hasn't played as much as he'd want.

Marciano would be a great addition, it's been ages since we've had a really solid goalkeeper and we'll have to deal with a lot more attacking threat from the teams we'll face next season

JDHibs
18-05-2017, 03:16 PM
FANS NEWS ROCKS.

Great to hear about the signings. If we get the targets Lennon wants, we will have a great squad to challenge the top 4 next season!

Borderhibbie76
18-05-2017, 03:20 PM
Great news- thanks for sharing mate 👍

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Since90+2
18-05-2017, 03:25 PM
Interesting that he said Boyle "has agreed to sign" which suggests he has other offers which he is at least considering. I hope he signs as I think he would be a better player with us also having Swanson in the side and offering a threat from both sides.

Great new on Rocky if we get that one over the line.

Speedway
18-05-2017, 03:27 PM
Great Update!

From the manager's mouth.

Fontaine has signed. Boyle has agreed to sign. Swanson is coming in. Close to getting Efe 'Over the line' and then looking at 4-5 other signings

Marciano
Stokes
Maloney
+2

He goes onto say that we need a big striker. That won't be Stokes so there's another.

That would be quite the summer.

Peevemor
18-05-2017, 03:30 PM
Interesting that he said Boyle "has agreed to sign" which suggests he has other offers which he is at least considering. I hope he signs as I think he would be a better player with us also having Swanson in the side and offering a threat from both sides.

Great new on Rocky if we get that one over the line.

Maybe he's away on holiday?

GreenArmyyy!
18-05-2017, 03:31 PM
Can we view?

If you search for Hibernian FC fans news on Facebook and join the group you will be able to watch the interview back. It's not on YouTube yet so unable to link it outside of the group.

Hope this is ok admin? Feel free to delete if not.

JDHibs
18-05-2017, 03:32 PM
If you search for Hibernian FC fans news on Facebook and join the group you will be able to watch the interview back. It's not on YouTube yet so unable to link it outside of the group.

When will it be on Youtube?

Im blocked on the facebook page for some reason that nobody will explain to me. Or am i blocked on youtube aswell lol?

Haymaker
18-05-2017, 03:33 PM

He's off in Dubai I think

stantonhibby
18-05-2017, 03:34 PM

He is.....in Dubai

Since90+2
18-05-2017, 03:34 PM

He is on holiday but I don't think that would stop him from signing a contract.

mackie77
18-05-2017, 03:38 PM
Marc mcnulty that we were linked with has signed for Coventry

hibee_girl
He's off in Dubai I think

He's posting photos on Facebook of him up Arthur's Seat today

Brightside

Im blocked on the facebook page for some reason that nobody will explain to me. Or am i blocked on youtube aswell lol?

Wait until you get barred from here also then! :greengrin

Haymaker
18-05-2017, 03:40 PM

Well I'm wrong then!

DarlingtonHibee
18-05-2017, 03:43 PM

For us old yins can somebody copy a link to Facebook?

JDHibs
18-05-2017, 03:55 PM
Wait until you get barred from here also then! :greengrin

Will just add it to my list haha, hopefully this place would give me a reason mind you...

RossScott1991
18-05-2017, 03:57 PM
Personally always said i've never seen the fuss about Fyvie. Doesn't score, never really plays defence cutting passes, not many assists, doesn't get into positions to shoot or look a threat in midfield. I understand he does other neat and tidy things, and ball retention but that's all. To me hes too much of a crab footballer, beuzelin use to do same job as him but with more ambition in going forward and cutting teams open. Id be happy if he stayed to help squad and midfield, but I dont think hes anywhere near irreplacable or key like someone make him out to be.

Just my opinion though!

JDT
18-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Lol impressed more than Fyvie that's silly,I'd be gutted if we lose Fraser a midfield of Fraser,Dylan,Danny & John would top any other midfield outwith Celtic.Fyvie was our most consistent midfielder till he was injured.

I never said Martin impressed me more than Fyvie. What I did say is he's taking ages to decide of he wants to stay and we should be telling him to make his mind up. If he stays great as he's good on his day but if he leaves no sweat, give Scott Martin a chance to make his mark

Greenworld
18-05-2017, 04:19 PM
Expect three to four signings still that's what Lennon hinted too

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
18-05-2017, 04:19 PM
Personally always said i've never seen the fuss about Fyvie. Doesn't score, never really plays defence cutting passes, not many assists, doesn't get into positions to shoot or look a threat in midfield. I understand he does other neat and tidy things, and ball retention but that's all. To me hes too much of a crab footballer, beuzelin use to do same job as him but with more ambition in going forward and cutting teams open. Id be happy if he stayed to help squad and midfield, but I dont think hes anywhere near irreplacable or key like someone make him out to be.

Just my opinion though!
This is exactly where I am with fyvie too mate...not overly fussed if he stays or goes tbh ...just my opinion. We need more forward thinking midfielders imo

Col2
18-05-2017, 04:20 PM
Great Update!

Fontaine has signed. Boyle has agreed to sign. Swanson is coming in. Close to getting Efe 'Over the line' and then looking at 4-5 other signings

Marciano
Stokes
Maloney
+2

He goes onto say that we need a big striker. That won't be Stokes so there's another.

Yup. Fantastic update and no doubt about the source!

Assuming Ambrose signs then we are sorted defensively

Assuming Rocky signs then with Laidlaw we are sorted in goalkeeping area

Then he must want 2 strikers, one physical. (Stokes and another as you say)

He wants an attacking midfielder - maybe Maloney or Commons?

And he wants more width.

If he gets what he wants then this could be strongest Hibs squad since 2006/7.

HibernianJK
18-05-2017, 04:20 PM
He is on holiday but I don't think that would stop him from signing a contract.

How can he sign a bit of paper that's in a different country?

IAmLee
18-05-2017, 04:24 PM
Fyvie is away on holiday with his family at the moment so that's why he's "taking his time". He'll no doubt look to get things sorted one way or the other when he gets back. Boyle & Fontaine are still in Edinburgh at the moment so that'll be why they are further along!

Scottie
18-05-2017, 04:33 PM
E-mail ! Copy and paste.

If in doubt please call Laptop boy Ian Cathro. He knows the score. :aok:

Lancs Harp
18-05-2017, 04:50 PM
E-mail ! Copy and paste.

If in doubt please call Laptop boy Ian Cathro. He knows the score. :aok:

Cathro draws up the Hearts contracts on an etch a sketch (ask your Dad or Grandad even if you dont know what that is)

allezsauzee
18-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Fyvie signing on for another 2 years would be a huge boost

GreenArmyyy!
18-05-2017, 04:58 PM

I'll find out re both mate if you want to DM me.

.Sean.
18-05-2017, 05:17 PM
Absolutely. I really rate him and I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't sign a new deal, even moreso if he ends up at someone like the Huns or Aberdeen.

neil7908
18-05-2017, 05:17 PM

Fax machine, email. That's why transfers are still being negotiated 5 minutes before the deadline, all the various parties aren't sitting in the same room.

SouthMoroccoStu
18-05-2017, 05:35 PM

Is this in theory or insider knowledge?

I'd be delighted if true

GreenArmyyy!
18-05-2017, 05:43 PM
For us old yins can somebody copy a link to Facebook?

https://m.facebook.com/groups/682116121809885?view=permalink&id=1435612423126914

wookie70
18-05-2017, 06:16 PM
Happy to hear Boyle, Ambrose & Marciano are close to signing but I cant say I'm too fussy about Fyvie.

Happy to hear Boyle, Ambrose & Marciano are close to signing but I am more concerned that Fyvie hasn't. He wasn't great last year but he is a very good player who will be very hard to replace. If Lennon get's a settled team then I want to see Fraser in it. I get the feeling he struggled with constantly changing formations and colleagues.

truehibernian
18-05-2017, 06:24 PM
Happy to hear Boyle, Ambrose & Marciano are close to signing but I am more concerned that Fyvie hasn't. He wasn't great last year but he is a very good player who will be very hard to replace. If Lennon get's a settled team then I want to see Fraser in it. I get the feeling he struggled with constantly changing formations and colleagues.

Totally agree - FF is an excellent player to have around the team and squad. At times in the season he is dependable and industrious, there are times where his concentration levels dip and he is slack in possession (in worrying areas) - however he is a very good footballer, and has experience now for someone so young. Another two years at Hibs will see him in his prime. A player who seems to have been around forever yet is only 24.

18-05-2017, 06:47 PM

He tweeted a week ago that he's going to Dubai this week so he's maybe not away yet.

Mideon
18-05-2017, 07:08 PM

No fussed for Boyle don't think he is good enough for the SPL. Would like to keep Fyvie though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
18-05-2017, 07:12 PM
He tweeted a week ago that he's going to Dubai this week so he's maybe not away yet.

Are you sure he didn't say doon by?

CapitalGreen
18-05-2017, 07:23 PM

Just my opinion though!

I'm sorry but that's nonsense, particularly the parts in bold.

In the recent away match at Ayr he started the move for 3 of our 4 goals, each time playing a forward pass into an advanced area. The pass to Holt for the 2nd goal would definitely be described at "defence splitting".

https://youtu.be/an91NbI_ysk

2nd goal - 1:35
3rd goal - 3:48
4th goal - 4:42

Further recommended watching: The last 10 minutes of 2016 Scottish Cup final.

AlbertK86
18-05-2017, 07:44 PM
Well said mate.

Definitely want him to sign on again

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Aldo
18-05-2017, 07:45 PM
I'm sorry but that's nonsense, particularly the parts in bold. In the recent away match at Ayr he started the move for 3 of our 4 goals, each time playing a forward pass into an advanced area. The pass to Holt for the 2nd goal would definitely be described at "defence splitting". https://youtu.be/an91NbI_ysk 2nd goal - 1:35 3rd goal - 3:48 4th goal - 4:42 Further recommended watching: The last 10 minutes of 2016 Scottish Cup final.

Agreed but was immense whole game for me!

cammy1969
18-05-2017, 07:54 PM
For me if they all resigned and the team played to how we know they can the plays would get better offers next season and club would be payed for selling players. Win win club and player

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brightside
18-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Gutted we didn't get Mallan. 300k and he would have been ours - and for me he will be £2m player in a year.

Speedway
18-05-2017, 08:11 PM
Gutted we didn't get Mallan. 300k and he would have been ours - and for me he will be £2m player in a year.

300k is a bit heavy. Who can we get for half that?

Brightside
18-05-2017, 08:12 PM

:greengrin:greengrin

cammy1969
18-05-2017, 08:15 PM

Agree 100% m8 at that price you can't lose would fit in to wage structure of club, but thats always been us as a clubs weak point never been keen to speculate on players. At times they are correct as price just to high but at 300k and with what we'll get for Jc & j Mc was a no brainer imo he'd be a 750k to 1 mil in couple years at worse.

HoboHarry
18-05-2017, 08:24 PM
If you mean 150kg then my wife.

hibees 7062
18-05-2017, 08:26 PM

:hyper

brianmc
18-05-2017, 08:50 PM
Agree 100% m8 at that price you can't lose would fit in to wage structure of club, but thats always been us as a clubs weak point never been keen to speculate on players. At times they are correct as price just to high but at 300k and with what we'll get for Jc & j Mc was a no brainer imo he'd be a 750k to 1 mil in couple years at worse.

What wage structure is that?
I thought it had been pretty well discussed and agreed upon that we don't have any such thing?
The manager has a budget that he uses as he sees fit.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-05-2017, 08:59 PM
Great Update!

Marciano
Stokes
Maloney
+2

Now we're talking!

cammy1969
18-05-2017, 09:26 PM
I thought it had been pretty well discussed and agreed upon that we don't have any such thing?

Yeah your correct Brian my wording was wrong i ment his wages would not be over the top and would fit in with what pay the currant players and not be away above

J-C
18-05-2017, 09:37 PM

If you mean 150kg then my wife.

Lennon's interview on the Fans News page on FB he was bigging up Scott Martin saying he might have a big part to play next season, really impressed with him, maybe time for him to shine.

HoboHarry
18-05-2017, 09:38 PM
Yeah your correct Brian my wording was wrong i ment his wages would not be over the top and would fit in with what pay the currant players and not be away above

So we aren't raisin the wages at all?

cammy1969
18-05-2017, 09:53 PM
So we aren't raisin the wages at all?

I don't have a clue harry if we have raised wages or not but my point was if we had signed Mallon his wage demands wouldn't be way over the top, they would probably be on a par with what we pay our players I may be wrong it's just my opinion I could be wrong.

BoomtownHibees
18-05-2017, 09:54 PM
I don't have a clue harry if we have raised wages or not but my point was if we had signed Mallon his wage demands wouldn't be way over the top, they would probably be on a par with what we pay our players I may be wrong it's just my opinion I could be wrong.

Whoosh

HoboHarry
18-05-2017, 09:57 PM
Whoosh

:tee hee:

Brightside
18-05-2017, 10:15 PM

who said that? they are wrong.

Brightside
18-05-2017, 10:16 PM
Lennon's interview on the Fans News page on FB he was bigging up Scott Martin saying he might have a big part to play next season, really impressed with him, maybe time for him to shine.

Very different player to Martin. For me Martin will become a Scott Brown type player.

Fergos
18-05-2017, 11:02 PM
I'm sorry but that's nonsense, particularly the parts in bold.

In the recent away match at Ayr he started the move for 3 of our 4 goals, each time playing a forward pass into an advanced area. The pass to Holt for the 2nd goal would definitely be described at "defence splitting".

https://youtu.be/an91NbI_ysk

2nd goal - 1:35
3rd goal - 3:48
4th goal - 4:42

Further recommended watching: The last 10 minutes of 2016 Scottish Cup final.

Great post.

FF is good player. Has his off games like every other player but has real quality and his contribution when we won the Scottish Cup.....immense.

GGTTH

overdrive
19-05-2017, 07:26 AM

I don't think the £300k would have been the main issue. Barnsley will be paying him more than we can afford. Playing for an English club may also be a bigger draw for the player.

Borderhibbie76
19-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Why can't people get their heads round it's not just about a 300k fee...Barnsleys wages will be way way out of our league thanks to tv money. We have NO chance of competing with an English championship club when it comes to wages...wake up folks n smell the coffee

bingo70
19-05-2017, 10:25 AM
Why can't people get their heads round it's not just about a 300k fee...Barnsleys wages will be way way out of our league thanks to tv money. We have NO chance of competing with an English championship club when it comes to wages...wake up folks n smell the coffee

Correct, it's not even about matching Barnsley, if we were to do that then they'd probably just up their offer again. That's before you even think about the attraction of getting into English football.

From the little I've seen of him he seems a wee bit similar to Swanson so I think although we liked Mallan as soon as we found out there was interest from the championship we moved on to a more realistic target.

Lago
19-05-2017, 12:29 PM
:top marks