PDA

View Full Version : Lennon on Ryan Jack

KWJ
18-05-2017, 09:54 AM
Lennon was also critical of the way Caixinha spoke openly about the club’s interest in Aberdeen captain Ryan Jack who is out of contract at the end of the season.

“He shouldn’t talk about players who are still at a club,” he said. “A lot of clubs like ourselves would be interested in Ryan Jack but you don’t talk about it publicly and I think that irked Derek as well and he has every right to have a go back.”

:greengrin

From the Scotsman.

Bristolhibby
18-05-2017, 09:58 AM
Lennon expressing interest in Ryan Jack while laying into the Huns.

I like his style.

J

Since90+2
18-05-2017, 10:04 AM
He's a good player buy id say there was no chance he would come to us.

JDHibs
18-05-2017, 10:14 AM
We would be a step backwards for the lad if he came here IMO.

StevieCowan
18-05-2017, 10:14 AM

Sideways.

ekhibee
18-05-2017, 10:23 AM
Well there was a strong rumour that Sevco were after him, but that would definitely be a sideways move at best, so hard to see him coming to us IMO, although it would be a great bit of business if he did. Reckon he'll go down south, where the money is.

JDHibs
18-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Sideways.

Backwards.

From being the captain in the 2nd best team in the country 3 years running, to a team just promoted. No matter what Lennons saying about finishing 2nd in the league, we will be doing well to get top 5. As Aberdeen will strengthen and so will The Rangers, Hearts will bring in players aswell and Saints always seem to be up there.

Looking at the teams accounts Aberdeen pay more than we do, so ive no doubt he would become our highest paid player. Whatever way i look at it, its a step down, there is no progression coming here.

bingo70
18-05-2017, 10:38 AM
Backwards.

From being the captain in the 2nd best team in the country 3 years running, to a team just promoted. No matter what Lennons saying about finishing 2nd in the league, we will be doing well to get top 5. As Aberdeen will strengthen and so will The Rangers, Hearts will bring in players aswell and Saints always seem to be up there.

Looking at the teams accounts Aberdeen pay more than we do, so ive no doubt he would become our highest paid player. Whatever way i look at it, its a step down, there is no progression coming here.

Aye but he'd get to play for the Hibs.

Step up in my opinion.

jacomo
18-05-2017, 11:05 AM

I like his style.

J

:agree:

He's being cute here. Well played.

Andy74
18-05-2017, 11:16 AM

Step up in my opinion.

Stadium, training centre, bigger crowds, central Scotland.

All quite attractive from a day to day point of view.

Aberdeen's achievements are the past. Players can decide what the future might hold for Hibs.

It's really only the league position Aberdeen could point to as having been much better than us.

I think Hibs would have every right to sell themselves as one of the most attractive propositions in the country for players right now.

KWJ
18-05-2017, 11:22 AM
I highly doubt he'll be coming to Hibs but obviously he's a player that we wouldn't turn a blind eye to should the player show an interest which is unlikely.

I just really enjoyed Lennon's quote.

neil7908
18-05-2017, 11:25 AM
I haven't seen much of Aberdeen other than the semi final where I can't say I noticed him - is he anything special?

erin go bragh
18-05-2017, 11:32 AM
When's the last time they won the Scottish cup :)
backwards going to Sevco as they have never won the Scottish cup :)

bingo70
18-05-2017, 11:38 AM
I haven't seen much of Aberdeen other than the semi final where I can't say I noticed him - is he anything special?

Seems to have a very good reputation but I've no idea what type of midfielder he is? Replacement for Fyvie I'd have thought?

lucky
18-05-2017, 12:29 PM
He'd be a great signing but I suspect the wages he could demand might be a bit more than we can afford

CMurdoch
18-05-2017, 12:40 PM

I like his style.

J

Thats how I read it, clever stuff.

SRHibs
18-05-2017, 12:48 PM
Stadium, training centre, bigger crowds, central Scotland.

All quite attractive from a day to day point of view.

Aberdeen's achievements are the past. Players can decide what the future might hold for Hibs.

It's really only the league position Aberdeen could point to as having been much better than us.

I think Hibs would have every right to sell themselves as one of the most attractive propositions in the country for players right now.

Aberdeen are a better team than us, and can at least match what we can offer him. Not to mention, it's not "all in the past", as Aberdeen have European football to look forward to this season. From an objective standpoint this move would make absolutely no sense for Jack.

Andy74
18-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Aberdeen are a better team than us, and can at least match what we can offer him. Not to mention, it's not "all in the past", as Aberdeen have European football to look forward to this season. From an objective standpoint this move would make absolutely no sense for Jack.

I would think it unlikely, however, would not say it would make no sense.

I don't know much about him, he might live or want to live in central Scotland, he may value going in to a state of the art training centre everyday instead of public parks, he might want to play in front of bigger crowds. He might think Aberdeen have gone as far as they are going...

They've had a bit of success but I think what we have going here is very attractive overall - Aberdeen really just have the league position and a couple of European games over us - none of the other things that make up going in to your work everyday.

Since90+2
18-05-2017, 01:06 PM
He is an Aberdonian born and bred so if he does sign for Sevco I can imagine he could get quite a rough time when he eventually moves back there so for that reason I would imagine a move to Glasgow is unlikely.

May depend on what coin is available comparable to the Championship or League 1 in England.

Billy Whizz
18-05-2017, 01:12 PM
Thought Jack was going to America?

Hibby Bairn
18-05-2017, 01:25 PM
Rather have Shinnie.

jeffers
18-05-2017, 01:30 PM
Rather have Shinnie.

Rather have Kenny McLean. I thought I'd read before that he was a Hibby, have I imagined that ?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-05-2017, 01:31 PM
Rather have Kenny McLean. I thought I'd read before that he was a Hibby, have I imagined that ?

Kenny Millar maybe

jeffers
18-05-2017, 01:36 PM
Kenny Millar maybe

I know Kenny Millar is BMD, just for some reason I thought McLean was too. But then I also thought he was from Edinburgh, so I'm clearly talking bollox :clown:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
18-05-2017, 01:40 PM
There is no way he will sign for us.

Just as Aberdeen would struggle to poach players from us, so we would struggle to poach their players.

Of he leaves the dons, its for more money which puts us out of the equation.

SirDavidsNapper
18-05-2017, 01:42 PM

Step up in my opinion.

This. Going from playing in front of 9k to 16k-17k every second week

Callyballybe
18-05-2017, 01:47 PM
I haven't really been following the SPL the past couple of years for the simple reason that we weren't there, and I always assumed that we'd be able to match Aberdeen's wages.

Is there another reason why we can't, other than the fact that we've been in the Championship? (As obviously this won't be an issue any longer.)

Our crowds/season ticket numbers are bigger, so is it down to them being able to bring in bigger sponsership deals? Or is their owners picking up any short fall they may have in salary bracket?

Again, don't know much on the ownership of Aberdeen. Just curious to see what they have, that we don't.

greenlex
18-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Backwards.

Aye cos Hibs won't look to strengthen but everyone else will. Sake

Big L
18-05-2017, 03:23 PM
Supposedly going to USA If not , sevco have stated an interest. I would think we've no chance or very little!

JDHibs
18-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Aye cos Hibs won't look to strengthen but everyone else will. Sake

Aye cos Hibs arent further behind our rivals given the fact that Aberdeen are 2nd, The Rangers are 3rd in the league above us and we've struggled against teams in the championship all season.

Didnt say we wouldnt strengthen did i? Sake.

SirDavidsNapper
18-05-2017, 03:35 PM
Backwards.

Aberdeen to Hibs will never be a backwards step regardless where they have finished in the league.

WeeRussell
18-05-2017, 04:50 PM
To be fair, I don't think Lennon was even suggesting he's a target. Only having a wee dig at rangers, through stating that many clubs (like ourselves) would be interested in a quality player, but you don't go commenting about it like the sevco manager did.

He'll no be coming to us.

allezsauzee
18-05-2017, 04:58 PM
Backwards.

Top 5 is a baseline expectation. We already have a team that is better than Hearts

Sir David Gray
18-05-2017, 06:00 PM
Top 5 is a baseline expectation. We already have a team that is better than Hearts

:agree: I'm expecting at least top 4 next season and I'll view finishing any lower than 4th as a failure.

DH1875
18-05-2017, 06:14 PM
:agree: I'm expecting at least top 4 next season and I'll view finishing any lower than 4th as a failure.

I reckon it'll be pretty close between 2nd, 3rd and 4th next season and fully expect us to be in the mix.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2017, 06:37 PM
I reckon it'll be pretty close between 2nd, 3rd and 4th next season and fully expect us to be in the mix.

All really depends on how well Sevco do in the transfer market. With their current squad, we'll be in with a shout of matching them but they certainly have the resources available to be well out of sight in second place.

Either way we should be looking to compete with Aberdeen. They should be the benchmark for us and if they are aiming for second place then so should we.

We should certainly be looking to finish above Partick Thistle and St Johnstone although the pair of them have been very impressive, especially St Johnstone.

Hearts aren't a threat as long as Cathro stays in charge. They'll be battling relegation next season.

ancient hibee
18-05-2017, 07:21 PM

Totally ridiculous.

Diclonius
18-05-2017, 07:22 PM
Nae chance we're signing Jack.