PDA

View Full Version : Mind the Gap ?

SON OF PADDY
18-05-2017, 07:08 AM
Morning troops Up earlier than usual as I can't sleep, Bloody Shingles nerve pain it's murder!

Anyway started reading some old posts on the Evening News/Scotsman website,if nothing else it's amusing.

Deluded supporters of the Poppy Thieves consently telling us to, toot toot
" Mind the Gap " They thought it was hilarious !

Another little gem was " you'll always be the wee team " with crowd's dwindling to next to nothing, while Tynecastle sells out every home game.

Well God works in mysterious ways, they've went from strength to strength haven't they ?

Whilst we've finally Won the Big Cup knocking them out on route to Hampden,
" Very pleasing It was too " 😁

At last we've won the league and we're back amongst the Big Boys !

Hibs fans are flooding back in their thousands, record breaking attendances and Season tickets sales are looking great.

Meanwhile over at the pink bus shelter they've brought in Ian Cathro as head coach ?
started building a new main stand not before time.
Relaid a new pitch because the old one was a disgrace, all this whilst having to watch a pitiful excuse for a football team.

who said Karma's a bitch ?

Toot toot " Mind the Gap " now !!

Waxy
18-05-2017, 07:45 AM
All the jambos i know dont talk much about football anymore.

madhatter
18-05-2017, 08:53 AM
We've been doing well of late but do you know what would cause a greater decline in the Hearts? Its for us to finish above them in the league this coming season and for there to be a nice 3-0 or similar in a derby.

Strange how they always say they are the big team in Edinburgh and regularly point to attendances...funny how they also compare this during a period where Hibs had been on a steep decline and they were spending other people's money to have success.

No team in Edinburgh is really bigger than the other in reality. Hearts have a rotten stadium that they are slowly trying to fix through bake sales and they rent their training facility. Hibs have state of the art facilities that they own. Hearts have higher attendances because they seem to do the math then apply a multiplier to it and Hibs are gradually on their way back up.

I'd also suggest if Hibs dominate Hearts again next season those attendances will keep plumetting and Foundation of Hearts will dwindle a fair bit. I agree with supporting the club but I think the amount of money being taken from supporters is unreal and cannot last.

Big team talk in a small pond is pointless in my books. Not sure what Cathro's laptop says though.

NAE NOOKIE
18-05-2017, 10:50 AM
Until the time of Mercer there was never any wee team big team talk ... both teams had their ups and downs on and off the pitch and the rivalry was pretty friendly off the park. Then Romanov came along and made the situation 10 times worse by filling the Yams heads full of fantasy nonsense of champions league football, world cup players and 50 million quid stands.

Since that time the bitterness has been ramped up 100% and I've always found it strange that it has come from the maroon side more than the green side, when by all the laws of football rivalry it should have come from our side given that we were the club who were on the receiving end of derby defeat after derby defeat and were the ones who had to endure their never ending boasting about us being irrelevant and them being 'Edinburgh's club' .......... A tag that even under the current regime they would still love to claim for themselves, they must have been gutted to see any hope of that ever being a reality firmly rammed down their throats by 150,000 people last year :greengrin

I don't know if Kickback is reflective of the attitude towards us of the Hearts support in general, but if it is then you really have to wonder about the mentality of some of them ....... 'vermin' is a favourite phrase, nice Nazi undertones there, and you even had a guy posting the other day that he hoped Easter Road burned down with all of us inside it on near enough the anniversary of the Bradford disaster ...... for me stuff like that goes beyond what's acceptable in a football rivalry.

I often think a lot of this is fuelled by a certain amount of jealousy ..... In the past few decades Hibs have become something of a cult club so far as stage and screen is concerned with ITV's decision to make Rebus a Hibby and BT shoving ET into a Hibs top ... you can add the Sunshine on Leith film into the mix, even if it was IMO pretty awful it was also pretty popular :greengrin

Then of course you have the works of Irvine Welsh ..... These have not only given the club worldwide exposure they have also to a certain extent made Hibs a wee bit 'cool'

As if that wasn't enough to get up the nose of your average Jambo they then have to contend with Sunshine on Leith being widely acclaimed by fans of other clubs as being right up there in the football 'anthem' stakes .... and say what you like about the Hampden pitch invasion, in the eyes of most fans it only served to ramp up our coolness, when you look at the seethe on Kickback over it you don't have to do much reading between the lines to work out that they wish it had been them :na na:

Nah ...... you can dress your average Jambo in maroon from head to toe, but their eyes are as green as emeralds when it comes to the Hibs :thumbsup:

FilipinoHibs
18-05-2017, 10:56 AM
Until the time of Mercer there was never any wee team big team talk ... both teams had their ups and downs on and off the pitch and the rivalry was pretty friendly off the park. Then Romanov came along and made the situation 10 times worse by filling the Yams heads full of fantasy nonsense of champions league football, world cup players and 50 million quid stands.

Since that time the bitterness has been ramped up 100% and I've always found it strange that it has come from the maroon side more than the green side, when by all the laws of football rivalry it should have come from our side given that we were the club who were on the receiving end of derby defeat after derby defeat and were the ones who had to endure their never ending boasting about us being irrelevant and them being 'Edinburgh's club' .......... A tag that even under the current regime they would still love to claim for themselves, they must have been gutted to see any hope of that ever being a reality firmly rammed down their throats by 150,000 people last year :greengrin

I don't know if Kickback is reflective of the attitude towards us of the Hearts support in general, but if it is then you really have to wonder about the mentality of some of them ....... 'vermin' is a favourite phrase, nice Nazi undertones there, and you even had a guy posting the other day that he hoped Easter Road burned down with all of us inside it on near enough the anniversary of the Bradford disaster ...... for me stuff like that goes beyond what's acceptable in a football rivalry.

I often think a lot of this is fuelled by a certain amount of jealousy ..... In the past few decades Hibs have become something of a cult club so far as stage and screen is concerned with ITV's decision to make Rebus a Hibby and BT shoving ET into a Hibs top ... you can add the Sunshine on Leith film into the mix, even if it was IMO pretty awful it was also pretty popular :greengrin

Then of course you have the works of Irvine Welsh ..... These have not only given the club worldwide exposure they have also to a certain extent made Hibs a wee bit 'cool'

As if that wasn't enough to get up the nose of your average Jambo they then have to contend with Sunshine on Leith being widely acclaimed by fans of other clubs as being right up there in the football 'anthem' stakes .... and say what you like about the Hampden pitch invasion, in the eyes of most fans it only served to ramp up our coolness and when you look at the seethe on Kickback over it you don't have to do much reading between the lines to work out that they wish it had been them :na na:

Nah ...... you can dress your average Jambo in maroon from head to toe, but their eyes are as green as emeralds when it comes to the Hibs :thumbsup:

A writer Celtic friend described Tynecastle the golf club meets neo-fascism.

NAE NOOKIE
18-05-2017, 11:09 AM
A writer Celtic friend described Tynecastle the golf club meets neo-fascism.

It seems to me that the general behaviour around Hearts recently has earned them that tag ..... their love of sucking up to the landed gentry allied to the odd Nazi salute hasn't helped to be sure ... but the funny thing is the one really rabid Jambo I know is about as far away from that take on them as its possible to get, which is why I question whether Kickback does reflect the wider Hearts support. I like to think not.

Dashing Bob S
18-05-2017, 11:22 AM
It seems to me that the general behaviour around Hearts recently has earned them that tag ..... their love of sucking up to the landed gentry allied to the odd Nazi salute hasn't helped to be sure ... but the funny thing is the one really rabid Jambo I know is about as far away from that take on them as its possible to get, which is why I question whether Kickback does reflect the wider Hearts support. I like to think not.

Jambos tend to fall 50-50 between the ordinary person in the street who supports their club with varying degrees of passion and cynicism, and the rabid, blighted mutant clown with supremacist delusions. But in my time following football, the first category has definitely shrunk, while the second grows.