PDA

View Full Version : Events at Easter Road Stadium

Lauren1875
17-05-2017, 02:19 PM
Hi Everyone,

I知 Lauren, one of the members of the Events team at Easter Road. As you値l maybe know we池e looking to expand the type of events we host within the function suites at the stadium, and we wanted to get some feedback on what you might like to see at Easter Road?

We currently use the space for weddings, parties, conferences etc, but are also looking to develop the kind of events that we can host for the wider support base and general public.

We have a few ideas ourselves however it would be great to hear from you on what you would like to see happening in the stadium in terms of events.

If you have any ideas please just jot them below.

Many thanks,
Catering @ Hibernian F.C
catering@hibernianfc.co.uk

Nevi_SOL
17-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Not in the function suite. But the proclaimers at ER is something I've always loved the idea off

Brads Laing
17-05-2017, 02:52 PM
Not in the function suite. But the proclaimers at ER is something I've always loved the idea off

Totally agree, no idea why it's never happened!

CallumLaidlaw
17-05-2017, 02:55 PM

This absolutely has to happen at some point.

To Lauren - some Hibs themed sportsmans dinners would be well attended I would imagine. Especially if they were on after a home game. I'd certainly be up for it.

Hibeewilly
17-05-2017, 02:56 PM
Hi Everyone,

I知 Lauren, one of the members of the Events team at Easter Road. As you値l maybe know we池e looking to expand the type of events we host within the function suites at the stadium, and we wanted to get some feedback on what you might like to see at Easter Road?

We currently use the space for weddings, parties, conferences etc, but are also looking to develop the kind of events that we can host for the wider support base and general public.

We have a few ideas ourselves however it would be great to hear from you on what you would like to see happening in the stadium in terms of events.

If you have any ideas please just jot them below.

Many thanks,
Catering @ Hibernian F.C
catering@hibernianfc.co.uk
A Frank Sauzee appreciation night with the man himself present of course

Cameron1875
17-05-2017, 02:58 PM

Yes!

I know there are implications for the pitch so it may have to happen at the end of the season but it would be brilliant to see.

For bigger matches aswell i.e. Derbies, Scottish Cup etc a beamback option at the stadium should be considered imo. It'll cost hibs basically nothing to put on apart from a few tv's/projector that they already have.

Jack
17-05-2017, 03:29 PM
Dear Lauren1875

Nip into the South Stand after the NHS move in. They're always having meetings and conferences, national and local, large and small.

J

Lauren1875
17-05-2017, 04:03 PM
Great, really good suggestions everyone - thank you.

It really helps to find out what supporters would like to see happening in the spaces etc. so the comments will definitely be taken on board.

Thanks again
Lauren

Brummie_Hibs
17-05-2017, 04:09 PM
Do you function rooms get used as Fringe Festival venues? Could do match and show tickets.

Could also be used as Software Development Monthly Meet up venues.

RoscoHibby
17-05-2017, 04:19 PM

Been saying this for ages and think we've missed a trick after the cup win and promotion. End of season, 」25 a skull, start early evening 1st Saturday after seasons finished. Sell beers at a reasonable price and hibs merchandise. Pay the boys a nominal fee, usual stewards etc, think Hibernian would stand to make a lot of money....demand the main issue if any, but could imagine doing this say end of May 2016...would have to turn folk away!

Also, the space behind the east, get sum good food vans back there like the Rangers game when it 1st opened. Just need a couple of the wee barriers (and tape..) to funnel smokers away from the food, jobs a good un. Or even just a wee van selling lentil soup n a roll from bout October - March. Again, would make the club a few quid...

ben johnson
17-05-2017, 04:20 PM
I remember going to a quiz night at the Stadium years ago. So many teams entered they had it over 3 nights. Lots of beer amongst fellow Hibs supporters and the chance to show how thick you really are. Great.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-05-2017, 04:29 PM
Surprised we've not (that I'm aware of) tapped into the stag-do market. Any scope for that?

Viva_Palmeiras
17-05-2017, 04:34 PM
Celebrating diversity within the Hibernian family - we could/should do something at the Mela but in addition maybe we could have a cultural melting pot of a night with food & beers from around the world. You get a sticky flag so you can connect with fellow Scots/Irish/Welsh/Polish/Spanish even English ;)

Kojock
17-05-2017, 04:54 PM
A supporters bar that was well run and open before and after the match.

Lancs Harp
17-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Celebrating diversity within the Hibernian family - we could/should do something at the Mela but in addition maybe we could have a cultural melting pot of a night with food & beers from around the world. You get a sticky flag so you can connect with fellow Scots/Irish/Welsh/Polish/Spanish even English ;)

Oi behave :wink:

StevieC
17-05-2017, 04:59 PM
A football themed charity evening for the Dnipro Kids charity. :wink:

Real Emerald
17-05-2017, 05:00 PM

Now that's a cracking idea 👍😄

Andy74
17-05-2017, 05:33 PM

Let's not get too radical.

Scouse Hibee
17-05-2017, 05:36 PM
Been saying this for ages and think we've missed a trick after the cup win and promotion. End of season, 」25 a skull, start early evening 1st Saturday after seasons finished. Sell beers at a reasonable price and hibs merchandise. Pay the boys a nominal fee, usual stewards etc, think Hibernian would stand to make a lot of money....demand the main issue if any, but could imagine doing this say end of May 2016...would have to turn folk away!

Also, the space behind the east, get sum good food vans back there like the Rangers game when it 1st opened. Just need a couple of the wee barriers (and tape..) to funnel smokers away from the food, jobs a good un. Or even just a wee van selling lentil soup n a roll from bout October - March. Again, would make the club a few quid...

The food van at the East will happen.

lord bunberry
17-05-2017, 05:41 PM
I remember going to a quiz night at the Stadium years ago. So many teams entered they had it over 3 nights. Lots of beer amongst fellow Hibs supporters and the chance to show how thick you really are. Great.

I was at one of those nights , it's was a really good night.

Pretty Boy
17-05-2017, 05:43 PM
A family fun day to finance a building project. Facepainting, bouncy castles, tarot cards and all that sort of thing.

No messing about, straight into big team teritority.

KSA Hibee
17-05-2017, 06:48 PM
A Frank Sauzee appreciation night with the man himself present of course

Can I order 10 tickets now please 🙏🙏🙏

Hibeewilly
17-05-2017, 06:57 PM
Can I order 10 tickets now please 🙏🙏🙏
Ok KSA you are on the list. What an opportunity for income for Hibs that would be!!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-05-2017, 07:11 PM
Kids birthday parties would surely go down well.

3pm
17-05-2017, 07:15 PM
Beer festival.

hibby6270
17-05-2017, 07:39 PM
A family fun day to finance a building project. Facepainting, bouncy castles, tarot cards and all that sort of thing.

You forgot cake bakes!! :wink::greengrin

hibby6270
17-05-2017, 07:42 PM
Do you function rooms get used as Fringe Festival venues? .

I'm sure I read somewhere (might even have been here on the forum) that ER was being used as a Fringe venue this year.

H18 SFR
17-05-2017, 07:49 PM
Hi Lauren, I like the idea of a bar of some sort before and after the game.

ALF TUPPER
17-05-2017, 07:55 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere (might even have been here on the forum) that ER was being used as a Fringe venue this year.

Yes.A venue for a play about Hibs.

hibby6270
17-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Yes.A venue for a play about Hibs.

:aok:

JoeTortolanoFanClub
17-05-2017, 08:03 PM
Maccy pies please. Food of the Gods.

matty_f
17-05-2017, 08:08 PM

Can we make hedgehog versions of the players though?

Robinho08
17-05-2017, 08:14 PM
Karaoke nights. 🎤 🎶

Ricky Bobby
17-05-2017, 08:18 PM
Karaoke nights. 🎤 🎶

I could see a massive fight breaking out as everyone wants to do SOL

mutley
17-05-2017, 08:21 PM

Joking apart, we should actually do something like this (but not as tacky). Bigger, better and just to run their [the yams] noses in it, make a bit of cash to throw into the club.

Bit of entertainment for the kids, some street food stalls, (and beer/drinks too of course) merchandise stalls, current players/ex players appearances. Loads could be one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pretty Boy
17-05-2017, 08:27 PM
Joking apart, we should actually do something like this (but not as tacky). Bigger, better and just to run their [the yams] noses in it, make a bit of cash to throw into the club.

Bit of entertainment for the kids, some street food stalls, (and beer/drinks too of course) merchandise stalls, current players/ex players appearances. Loads could be one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yep. I was being flippant but done properly there is merit in a variation of the idea imo. You only have to look at how popular Pitt Street market, for example, is every weekend. Local brewers, gin distillers and so on along with local food producers, restaurants and craftspeople at a good venue with a captive audience. Throw in a few Hibs related attractions to bump that audience up further. The classic win win scenario.

Another idea is possibly a wedding fayre. Showcase ER as a venue and you'll always get local businesses willing to buy stall space. Again the selling point is the potential audience based on the connection people feel to a football club.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Jones28
17-05-2017, 08:31 PM
Turn the area behind the East in to a bundesliga style fan zone? Food trucks, beer stalls and music playing. Open it 2 hours pre kick off and it would be mobbed by 2/2:30, especially if it's a dry day.

Nevi_SOL
17-05-2017, 08:42 PM
Turn the area behind the East in to a bundesliga style fan zone? Food trucks, beer stalls and music playing. Open it 2 hours pre kick off and it would be mobbed by 2/2:30, especially if it's a dry day.

This

Albanian Hibs
17-05-2017, 08:44 PM

I would love this.

Scouse Hibee
17-05-2017, 08:46 PM
To be honest any conference/event team worth their salt won't be surprised by any of these suggestions.

Nameless
17-05-2017, 09:05 PM
A monthly pop up tattoo studio. What would be better than getting a Hibs tattoo in the stadium. With eSport being so massive, how about hosting a monthly gaming night for all the computer nerds - night time is best, as the sunlight burns their skin something awful.

offshorehibby
17-05-2017, 09:10 PM
They used to do the Sunday carvery in the South stand went a couple of times and enjoyed it. Not sure how popular it was.

Bostonhibby
17-05-2017, 09:20 PM

Never going to happen unless we can find two bits of faded plastic and flog them off as famous historical atmospheric, cough cough, ahem, well .... seats. No, really seats.

Bostonhibby
17-05-2017, 09:24 PM
On a more serious note, got to be worth looking at using the facilities as a wedding venue? for the whole occasion, or just the reception?

Personally, I'd be prepared to consider a not too acrimonious or expensive divorce just so I could do it the Hibs way all over again, so would my wife when I tell her. :greengrin

Itsnoteasy
17-05-2017, 10:27 PM

What makes you think they would do it for a nominal fee. And why should they.

Ronniekirk
17-05-2017, 11:17 PM
Did tickets for the comedy night sell well Kilmarnock used to do them and were popular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
17-05-2017, 11:33 PM
A Burns night with Grant Stott and famous Hibees of that ilk.

monktonharp
17-05-2017, 11:35 PM

No messing about, straight into big team teritority.facepainting, etc? they already do that on a smaller basis at Hibs Kids days Bouncy castles, hey watch it. last week in Spain, it went a bit bad.Tarot cards, well I don't want to see what's in front of me, I live for the day at my age:wink:

monktonharp
17-05-2017, 11:47 PM
Hi Lauren, I like the idea of a bar of some sort before and after the game.hi Lauren, I don't like the idea of a bar before or after the game.. any time I have been to behind the goals bar, it's been less than alright. corporate deals are much better but beyond the ordinary man's budget. don't see Hibernian fc somehow dealing with it in a good way for these people. system tried, system failed.

Dashing Bob S
18-05-2017, 01:18 AM
Ian Cathro footballing technology exhibition.

liscious_hibs
18-05-2017, 01:38 AM
Fire an upstairs in the east concourse and open a spoons type affair. I work for spoons and I can tell you easy 45k pcm profit at non city center prices, 60k with city center prices. I'm sick of drinking in the foot of the walk since I used to work there.

Also concerts in summer like murrayfield, kids days, more tours even tying them in with a travel company for guaranteed sell outs as part of package holidays, but basically food and drink is what most folk want.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SanFranHibs
18-05-2017, 02:56 AM
Not sure if he has ever appeared but a Gary Anderson darts challenge night.

Proclaimers concert has been mentioned but maybe they can do a charity concert for the poor club in town who are always either making bread or in great need of some. The Sunblest on Gorgie concert. (Of course I'm kidding).

A 6-2 old boys reunion night.

A 21st May replay night on a big screen?

sambajustice
18-05-2017, 06:09 AM
Are the facilities managed by Hibs or is it still an external company?

Austinho
18-05-2017, 06:37 AM
We should be looking to tap into the huge student population in Edinburgh. And also the massive tourist population during the fringe festival.

Get in touch the universities - we could look to host student awards, exhibitions, end of year shows etc. The benefit being we could attract potential new fans who now call Edinburgh home.

It would be great to host a lot more events during the fringe festival - stand up comedians, musicians etc. Direct them through the Clubstore before and after the event too. Bet there's lots of Hibees on here who have Barca shirts from their holidays to Spain for example. I'm sure plenty of tourist would buy a shirt to remember their time in Edinburgh.

Austinho
18-05-2017, 06:55 AM
We could look at getting celebrities in for live interviews/talks. The bigger the Hibs connection the better, but not completely necessary.

'A night with Andy Murray' would be fantastic, however, Irvine Welsh, any of the cast of Trainspotting (Euan McGregor, Robert Carlyle etc), Dougray Scott, The Proclaimers etc would be really interesting too.

Bristolhibby
18-05-2017, 07:12 AM
What's the craic on alcohol? I know in order of acceptability it goes

Rugby - drink anywhere and take a beer to your seat.
Football England - drink in the concourse, stadium bars, but no taking beer to your seat.
Football Scotland - Blanket ban. Does this include specific bars (like behind the goals)? I presume not.

So my suggestion is a series of bars that fans can use before and after games.

J

RoscoHibby
18-05-2017, 08:25 AM
What makes you think they would do it for a nominal fee. And why should they.

Id imagine being big hibbys, and if it was a hibs fundraiser, they'd likely waive this, but they are professionals and potentially would have other dates/arrangements lines up. They did miss the cup final for work after all...agents/management/staff to think about as well. But I'm sure if possible to happen, they wouldn't be hard to work with/cost much knowing that they'd see the benefit of the extra money on the park as well.

Lauren1875
18-05-2017, 09:35 AM
Morning All,

Many thanks for these replies.

The stadium events and catering used to be operated by an external company however this is all in house now (excluding the kiosks).

Again, it really is helpful to hear what you would all like to see happening in the stadium so we will take these on board.

Hopefully be able to update you all soon!

Thanks,
Lauren

JohnMcM
18-05-2017, 10:30 AM
Morning All,

Many thanks for these replies.

The stadium events and catering used to be operated by an external company however this is all in house now (excluding the kiosks).

Again, it really is helpful to hear what you would all like to see happening in the stadium so we will take these on board.

Hopefully be able to update you all soon!

Thanks,
Lauren

There might be mileage in 'Supporter Clubs' nights. Each individual club has a 'Club Members Only' night with Q&A session with some players or other staff.

tamig
18-05-2017, 10:35 AM
Edinburgh has been ravaged over the past few years by the closure of some great live music venues. Is there any scope for any part of the stadium, e.g. the East concourse being utilised for live music events with a capacity of 2-500 or so? The city needs this and it would leave existing facilities free for the more salubrious events such as weddings and the like.

euro Hibby
18-05-2017, 11:15 AM
chick pea curry in tomato sauce served out of a cup--- healthy spicy on a cold day, not expensive....I might even give me recipe to the caterer......

liscious_hibs
19-05-2017, 12:22 AM
chick pea curry in tomato sauce served out of a cup--- healthy spicy on a cold day, not expensive....I might even give me recipe to the caterer......
Now that sounds tasty :D

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

overdrive
19-05-2017, 06:28 AM
Did tickets for the comedy night sell well Kilmarnock used to do them and were popular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was cancelled. There was a mix up with the phone number Hibs have for me, so I didn't get the message it was cancelled prior to going to pick up the tickets but the girl in the ticket office thought it was due to lack of interest but when I got the phone call the lady said they'd be rearranging it for another time which I doubt they'd do if it was lack of interest. I suspect there had been a double booking of one of the acts. When you googled the headline act, he was playing a gig in Birmingham that night for which tickets had been on sale prior to the Hibs event being announced.

How about a boxing event at Easter Road, though I'm not sure the suites would be big enough for that?

Viva_Palmeiras
19-05-2017, 07:57 AM
Hibees Reunited day.
Chance for those lapsed Hibees to no longer avoid the requests to get themselves along to ER.
Chance to win a refund of your ticket (upto max value) if you're traveling outside of the country.