17-05-2017, 09:04 AM
Is he staying?

My_Wife_Camille
17-05-2017, 09:48 AM
Not sure, maybe check with HFC Transfer News on twitter

CMurdoch
17-05-2017, 10:11 AM
Think he will.
Hibs letting the drink driving conviction news die away first.
Another Leanne timing thing.

yonder1875
17-05-2017, 11:21 AM

That account isn't ITK at all, very much throwing spaghetti at the wall - literally just cherry picks pieces of news and tries to pass it off as their own without crediting anyone.

HibsNutter
17-05-2017, 01:26 PM

No, don't. Anything that they tweet that isn't taken from a credited source, such as Kenny Millar from the Sun (usually bang on) is rubbish.

WhileTheChief..
17-05-2017, 02:13 PM
Not many replies on this one.

Is that because we don't really care or that we've given up speculating and only discuss facts now?!

I think he'll be away but nothing to do with the drink driving thing. I just think Lennon will want better in that position.

Elephant Stone
17-05-2017, 02:21 PM
Not many replies on this one.

Is that because we don't really care or that we've given up speculating and only discuss facts now?!

I think he'll be away but nothing to do with the drink driving thing. I just think Lennon will want better in that position.

I hope he stays.

Hero76
17-05-2017, 02:25 PM
Thought he just signed a two year deal ?

I'm_cabbaged
17-05-2017, 02:28 PM
I hope he stays.

Even if there's a possibility of someone else better coming in?

Michael
17-05-2017, 02:34 PM

You could say that for any player.

At least we know what we're getting with Boyle. Hardworking player with pace and a bit of skill (with - touch wood - a decent injury record to date). IMO he's easily good enough for the Premiership.

Elephant Stone
17-05-2017, 02:38 PM

Yeah I reckon Boyle could be shaping up to be a decent winger. Even if NL wants to bring someone else in Boyle is a decent option from the bench. Definitely worth keeping, IMO.

neil7908
17-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Would keep Boyle but we desperately need another winger. Keeping him for the right and someone else for the left.

He also gives us another option up front.

tamig
17-05-2017, 03:06 PM
I hope he stays.

Me too.

My_Wife_Camille
17-05-2017, 03:46 PM
That account isn't ITK at all, very much throwing spaghetti at the wall - literally just cherry picks pieces of news and tries to pass it off as their own without crediting anyone.

Haha I know. It's the person who started this thread that runs it

kaimendhibs
17-05-2017, 03:48 PM
Hope he is staying

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mango Man
17-05-2017, 03:55 PM
Haha I know. It's the person who started this thread that runs it

This page seems to get a hard time from a lot of Hibbies, why is that? as far as I see, of late they have been crediting the sources and seem to be pretty active in trying out new things for the fans, don't see the problem, most rumors are made up nonsense anyway.

ShinyFantastic
17-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Hope he goes. No end product, not good enough.

17-05-2017, 04:16 PM
He's off to Dubai so there might not be any news until he gets back.

mobile.twitter.com/MartinBoyle9/status/862724433185824769 (http://www.hibs.net/mobile.twitter.com/MartinBoyle9/status/862724433185824769)

Would be good to know what timescale was given to accept the contract offered, assuming there was a deadline.

Allant1981
17-05-2017, 04:19 PM

he isnt a winger and if memory serves wasnt before we signed him so his crossing is never going to be great but when running at defenders full pelt we probably dont have anyone better just now, thats not to say we cant sign better but he is a good player, scored a few goals last season so hopefully can improve on that if he stays, we dont have one single player who is consistently good every single week(maybe mcgregor at a push)

fat freddy
17-05-2017, 04:20 PM

Our second top scorer in the season just ended with 8 goals

Viva_Palmeiras
17-05-2017, 04:23 PM

Genius. Do you live you or life by sound-bytes? Tabloid Job waiting for you somewhere...

My_Wife_Camille
17-05-2017, 04:27 PM
This page seems to get a hard time from a lot of Hibbies, why is that? as far as I see, of late they have been crediting the sources and seem to be pretty active in trying out new things for the fans, don't see the problem, most rumors are made up nonsense anyway.
Transfer News and Fans News are different. Fans News do a mixture of made up rumours and credited rumours along with their fan generated media content. HFC Transfer News just steals stuff from here and other twitter feeds and passes it off as his own and pretends he has sources.

calumhibee1
17-05-2017, 04:31 PM

Lol

Golden Bear
17-05-2017, 04:35 PM
I hope he stays.

And me.

I accept he's totally unpredictable and often ineffective but at the same time he's a potential match winner.

SChibs
17-05-2017, 04:39 PM
Transfer News and Fans News are different. Fans News do a mixture of made up rumours and credited rumours along with their fan generated media content. HFC Transfer News just steals stuff from here and other twitter feeds and passes it off as his own and pretends he has sources.

Don't understand why people moan about fan sites, why not just unfolded or even block and you don't need to see their posts? If it annoys someone that much they don't need to read it?

Lancs Harp
17-05-2017, 04:48 PM
I like Boyle, hes fast and direct and defenders hate playing against pace. Just needs to work on his end product and I think he could be a pretty good player. I think he improved as the season wore on, his confidence grew. Theres more to come from Martin Boyle, I just hope its in a Hibs shirt.

My_Wife_Camille
17-05-2017, 04:50 PM
Don't understand why people moan about fan sites, why not just unfolded or even block and you don't need to see their posts? If it annoys someone that much they don't need to read it?
Agree completely

Mango Man
17-05-2017, 04:57 PM

Aaaah, I see, do get a bit mixed up with which one is which, either way I just take it all with a pinch of salt, even proper in the know sources get it wrong.

Back on to the thread, I would keep Boyle, think he has got better every season with us, certainly a good squad player to have around.

The Leith Dutch
17-05-2017, 05:00 PM

Still young - a wee bit more than 2 years older than Cummings.

Boyle at Cummings age - 152 games and 41 goals
Cummings now - 114 games and 55 goals

Different levels they've scored at and they play different positions but not a massive difference considering one is lauded as a marvellous striker and the other is "not good enough".....

ShinyFantastic
17-05-2017, 05:48 PM

A whole 8 goals in the Championship, oh wow, hold me back!

ShinyFantastic
17-05-2017, 05:50 PM
Genius. Do you live you or life by sound-bytes? Tabloid Job waiting for you somewhere...

🎣 So I'm not entitled to my opinion?

Malthibby
17-05-2017, 05:54 PM
He's improved considerably over the last 1/3 rd of the season, hope he stays.
GG

StevieCowan
17-05-2017, 06:00 PM
Does anyone else want to see Boyle used in his favoured position through the middle?

Is It On....
17-05-2017, 06:02 PM
Still young - a wee bit more than 2 years older than Cummings.

Boyle at Cummings age - 152 games and 41 goals
Cummings now - 114 games and 55 goals

Different levels they've scored at and they play different positions but not a massive difference considering one is lauded as a marvellous striker and the other is "not good enough".....

They do play different positions and players clearly progress at different rates but I think that Boyle scoring 1 goal every 3.7 games vs Cummings 1 goal every 2.07 games is quite a big difference.

Keyser Sauzee
17-05-2017, 06:03 PM
Does anyone else want to see Boyle used in his favoured position through the middle?

No, his best performances this year were wide and even then he needs to improve to make an impact next year. I like him and hope he stays just hope he improves his final ball.

Is It On....
17-05-2017, 06:05 PM

Didn't realise that but, on a wider perspective, having our second top scorer with 8 goals is something NL is going to have to do something about in the summer because if JC gets injured we are going to have big problems.

CMurdoch
17-05-2017, 06:16 PM
Wasn't his greatest fan but he has improved this season and at 24 I think there is more to come.
IMO he has done enough to earn a new contract as a squad/impact player.
He also seems to avoid the dreaded injuries so is always available to play.

Lago
17-05-2017, 06:20 PM
No its been tried & it hasn't worked, played wide & practice his crossing.

confused
17-05-2017, 06:20 PM
He is good enough for me , but then I live in the real world.

Sammy7nil
17-05-2017, 06:24 PM
They do play different positions and players clearly progress at different rates but I think that Boyle scoring 1 goal every 3.7 games vs Cummings 1 goal every 2.07 games is quite a big difference.

I wonder what the assists stats are like i would imagine Boyles figures are better?

Is It On....
17-05-2017, 06:46 PM
I wonder what the assists stats are like i would imagine Boyles figures are better?

Suspect you are right (though someone will no doubt correct me /us). Bigger issue, as has been mentioned on numerous threads in the past, is that we don't score enough goals and that is something that needs to be addressed. John McGinn for Liam Henderson, LG and GMS might solve the issue 😂

J-C
17-05-2017, 07:29 PM
A whole 8 goals in the Championship, oh wow, hold me back!

Your a right bundle of ****ing fun not eh.

Boyle is very well liked in the dressing room, he's quick and a defenders nightmare, play him off the left and let him cut in onto his right and he'll score and create goals. Someone on his FB page said he's signed and I hope it's true, he'll get better.

The Spaceman
17-05-2017, 08:25 PM
Really hope we keep him. One of our only current players who can scare defences and stretch them to create space for everyone else...as well as chipping in with the odd goal and assist. He will only get better too as still quite young. Certainly would not be sitting comfortably if he was lined up against us next season!

The Leith Dutch
17-05-2017, 08:51 PM

I put that badly :) - wasn't meaning to suggest that Cummings isn't a markedly better goal scorer than Boyle/
My point was more that Boyle is still relatively young and developing and that his goal record isn't bad by comparison and hence the OPs assesment of him as being that poor was a little ott.

I'd not be unhappy to keep him - especially as a squad player.
Good pace is always nice to have.

GreenNWhiteArmy
17-05-2017, 09:38 PM
I'd say Boyle has shown improvement year on year since he's been at the club. Still a young guy and when he's on his game, defences just can't cope with him.

Final ball let's him down a lot but it's a difficult one. Do we want a fast winger that can beat his man but take 10 crosses to find a man or a winger that can't beat his man but can deliver a great ball? (Humphrey)

I'll trust NL and the club to do what they feel is the right decision after the recent case against him. Whether he stays or not, I believe we need another winger that's better. A Mackay-Stevens type would be my preference although I feel I've been saying that forever now!

oldbutdim
17-05-2017, 09:43 PM
I think the ‘poor final ball’ is a bit unfair on Squirrel.
Quite often he is faced with a box packed with defenders (our midfielders rarely get into the box at all, or get ahead of the ball) and has at best Jason looking a bit mobile, and Holty standing completely stationary. It’s hardly surprising that so many crosses are intercepted by one of the eight or nine opposition players who have packed into the box.

tamig
17-05-2017, 09:52 PM
Your a right bundle of ****ing not eh.

Boyle is very well liked in the dressing room, he's quick and a defenders nightmare, play him off the left and let him cut in onto his right and he'll score and create goals. Someone on his FB page said he's signed and I hope it's true, he'll get better.
Absolutely.

Libby Hibby
18-05-2017, 06:05 AM
I think the fact that Aberdeen want him shows he has something.

I get the frustrations that he can cause but I'd rather have in our squad than play against him.

I like him, I think he'll get better. I think he is a character. I hope he stays.

Jones28
18-05-2017, 06:39 AM
Keep him, if we let him go he's guaranteed 3/4 goals a season against us.

Also he's still fairly young and has been improving all the time IMO.

Unseen work
18-05-2017, 07:55 AM
Signing Swanson who has scored 15 goals this year has set the standard for what we are looking for.

I like Boyle and think he is a handy player to have, his crossing and composure must improve for him to be a regular imo, especially with the standards Neil Lennon has set us for next year.

JDHibs
18-05-2017, 07:58 AM
If Lennon is serious about challenging for 2nd we need a better player than Boyle to start. He will be a good impact player.

lucky
18-05-2017, 08:08 AM

He's not a composed enough finisher to play as a striker week in week out. He does a good job as a wide player and I hope he stays as there are very few players that have his pace.

DH1875
18-05-2017, 08:24 AM
Quite often he is faced with a box packed with defenders (our midfielders rarely get into the box at all, or get ahead of the ball) and has at best Jason looking a bit mobile, and Holty standing completely stationary. It’s hardly surprising that so many crosses are intercepted by one of the eight or nine opposition players who have packed into the box.

Not sure about that. Can think of a few occasions when he was clean through and his first touch had disappeared.

cmcd
18-05-2017, 09:02 AM
Not sure about that. Can think of a few occasions when he was clean through and his first touch had disappeared.

I would dispute the "Holt standing stationary" In my opinion his movement was excellent

Since90+2
18-05-2017, 09:06 AM
Really hope Boyle stays. He wont be on big money and is someone that has genuine pace that can change a game.

As an impact player he is about as good as we are likely to get unless we are prepared to pay alot more in wages.

SChibs
18-05-2017, 10:38 AM

I agree with this. When do we ever see a hibs player make a run to the front post either to glance a header towards goal, hit a shot or flick it on. I think that's part of the reason our balls always hit the first man

18-05-2017, 11:11 AM
Signing Swanson who has scored 15 goals this year has set the standard for what we are looking for.

I like Boyle and think he is a handy player to have, his crossing and composure must improve for him to be a regular imo, especially with the standards Neil Lennon has set us for next year.

9 of Swanson's 15 goals were from penalties, which should be borne in mind if using it as a benchmark.

Diclonius
18-05-2017, 11:20 AM
Boyle and Swanson on the flanks sounds decent to me.

Big L
18-05-2017, 11:28 AM
I agree with this. When do we ever see a hibs player make a run to the front post either to glance a header towards goal, hit a shot or flick it on. I think that's part of the reason our balls always hit the first man

The last Morton game was an example of Boyle's talents being wasted, time after time using his pace to get to the bye line, only to find their is no one matching his run to get in to the box. When do we ever see our midfielders making runs in to the box? This is reason our midfielders don't get goals. It's been a problem for ages. Martin Boyles been great since the turn of the year and their is more to come IMO.

neil7908
18-05-2017, 11:47 AM
His final ball really needs to be improved but if he could do that and add a bit of composure to his game we'd have some player on our hands.

For that reason I'd definitely keep him but playing against better teams next year we'll need to be ruthless and can't afford to squander numerous good attacking positions.

neil7908
18-05-2017, 11:52 AM
The last Morton game was an example of Boyle's talents being wasted, time after time using his pace to get to the bye line, only to find their is no one matching his run to get in to the box. When do we ever see our midfielders making runs in to the box? This is reason our midfielders don't get goals. It's been a problem for ages. Martin Boyles been great since the turn of the year and their is more to come IMO.

I'm critical of him at times but this is a decent point actually.

Our midfield don't play far forward enough and with Holt often dropping deep Boyle bursts past his man only to see Cummings and 4 defenders in the box.

He's so quick folk may have a hard time keeping up with him but I'd love us to have a Deli Alli type player to get on the end of crosses and get into the box.

hibees 7062
18-05-2017, 01:44 PM
Agreed to sign

IberianHibernian
18-05-2017, 02:33 PM
If Lennon is serious about challenging for 2nd we need a better player than Boyle to start. He will be a good impact player.Agree with this . He seems to have his better games against the weaker championship teams and if he ends up playing as many games next season as this it`ll probably mean Lennon`s not got players he`s hoped to sign .

BlackSheep
18-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Agreed to sign

Source?

JimBHibees
18-05-2017, 02:57 PM
Agree with this . He seems to have his better games against the weaker championship teams and if he ends up playing as many games next season as this it`ll probably mean Lennon`s not got players he`s hoped to sign .

Thought he did well v Sheep in the semi his run for Holt's goal was superb. Unlucky at the end also.

hibees 7062
18-05-2017, 03:03 PM
Source?

Neil Lennon

Greenworld
18-05-2017, 04:21 PM
Source?
Lennon

Fonts signed ...maciano almost done

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

hibees 7062
18-05-2017, 05:33 PM
Lennon

Fonts signed ...maciano almost done

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Ambrose close as well

Kevvy1875
18-05-2017, 07:42 PM
Great news, Boyle has so much potential. In today's game his pace is such a valuable weapon. If he can add a wee bit composure to his game then he really could be a super effective player for us. Has the correct attitude and the backing of the fans, really hope for us and him he can take it to the next level.

Albanian Hibs
19-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Has Boyle signed? Just read that he has signed a deal deal on instagram

19-05-2017, 09:54 PM
Hope so, I really like Boyle. Very frustrating with his finishing at times but he has great pace and skill. Very good player to bring on later in the game when legs are tired. His pace is a nightmare against tired defenders.

Lago
29-05-2017, 06:46 PM
Not seen anything to say he is a confirmed signing, have I missed that or is he still thinking it over?

staunchhibby
29-05-2017, 06:48 PM
Still undecided whether to sign or not.Still on holidays.

Earlydelivery
29-05-2017, 06:54 PM
He's signing . And that's from horses mouth !!!!!

WoreTheGreen
29-05-2017, 06:58 PM
was he out with Tiger Woods last night

Golden Bear
29-05-2017, 07:03 PM

A sudden decision in 6 minutes! 😀

Dashing Bob S
29-05-2017, 07:13 PM
I'm glad. He came on a ton in the second half of last season. Lennon likes players with pace. I expect more fleet foots before the start of next season.

tamig
29-05-2017, 07:15 PM
I'm glad. He came on a ton in the second half of last season. Lennon likes players with pace. I expect more fleet foots before the start of next season.

I'd love to see a few fliers give the hertz defence a good old runaround Bob. Exciting times ahead.

J-C
29-05-2017, 07:16 PM
He only went on his holidays last week as his fiancee was playing in the ladies cup final.

Lago
29-05-2017, 08:31 PM
Good to hear.