PDA

View Full Version : Leith Athletic FC vs Hibs Legends (19.05.17)

leith
17-05-2017, 08:50 AM
A charity match in memory of the late Shaun Woodburn will take place at Leith Links on Friday night, kicking off at 6:45pm involving a Leith Athletic FC Select vs Hibernian Legends.

The event will see 16 of Shaun’s former Leith Athletic teammates take on an array of Easter Road stars, with Anthony Stokes, Kevin Thomson and Mickey Weir among those joining in.

Organised by the Leith Community Fundraising Organisation – with the support of Leith Athletic – it is hoped the match could raise thousands for Street Soccer Scotland, the charity chosen by Shaun’s family.

The Hibs Legends on show include Darren Jackson, Gareth Evans, Gary Smith, Graham Harvey, Gordon Hunter, Colin Nish, Steven Raynes, Mark McGraw, Willie Jamieson, Tam Aitchison, Keith Wright and Billy Bauld.

At half time, new Hibs signing, Danny Swanson will join former youth player, Lee Currie to take on Anthony Stokes and Kevin Thomson in a penalty shoot out.

6:00pm - 7-a-side tournament featuring Leith Athletic FC 2008's

6:45pm - charity match

HT - Leith Athletic FC v Hibernian FC Penalty Shoot Out

More information on the match is available on the ‘Leith Legends v Hibs Legends’ Facebook page.

Springbank
17-05-2017, 07:47 PM
A charity match in memory of the late Shaun Woodburn will take place at Leith Links on Friday night, kicking off at 6:45pm involving a Leith Athletic FC Select vs Hibernian Legends.

The event will see 16 of Shaun’s former Leith Athletic teammates take on an array of Easter Road stars, with Anthony Stokes, Kevin Thomson and Mickey Weir among those joining in.

Organised by the Leith Community Fundraising Organisation – with the support of Leith Athletic – it is hoped the match could raise thousands for Street Soccer Scotland, the charity chosen by Shaun’s family.

The Hibs Legends on show include Darren Jackson, Gareth Evans, Gary Smith, Graham Harvey, Gordon Hunter, Colin Nish, Steven Raynes, Mark McGraw, Willie Jamieson, Tam Aitchison, Keith Wright and Billy Bauld.

At half time, new Hibs signing, Danny Swanson will join former youth player, Lee Currie to take on Anthony Stokes and Kevin Thomson in a penalty shoot out.

6:00pm - 7-a-side tournament featuring Leith Athletic FC 2008's

6:45pm - charity match

HT - Leith Athletic FC v Hibernian FC Penalty Shoot Out

More information on the match is available on the ‘Leith Legends v Hibs Legends’ Facebook page.

Brilliant

Bishop Hibee
17-05-2017, 08:15 PM
Looking forward to it.

pundy man
17-05-2017, 08:45 PM
Chaplins playing Hibs and Leith songs from 6pm .

Swedish hibee
18-05-2017, 11:04 AM
Sounds like it'll be a great night in memory of a great man. Enjoy everyone & raise plenty cash.

Albanian Hibs
18-05-2017, 12:32 PM
Think i will bring my kids down for it. Sounds like it will be a great night and it will raise lots if cash.

LustForLeith
19-05-2017, 06:54 AM
Apologies as I don't have Facebook but where exaclty is this? Is it down near the old Leith Academy? Is there a fee being charged for admission or is it a donation? Had a work night out but planning on going to this instead.

Kavinho
19-05-2017, 05:02 PM
Bump.

Calling all leith links locals..

Leith's finest
19-05-2017, 10:22 PM
How did this game go?

Bishop Hibee
19-05-2017, 10:28 PM
It was 3-1 for Leith Athletic about half way through the second half. I left due to hypothermia setting in. Good event well attended which must have raised a few quid for the Street Soccer charity. Stokes was in attendance taking pens in jeans and Hibs top while Danny Swanson took pens for Leith Athletic.

at last 61
20-05-2017, 06:38 AM
Ended up 4-2 to leith with hibs missing a penalty but raised over 1.500

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

keep the faith
20-05-2017, 11:11 AM
Was there any chat from stokes about coming back? Just passed him on Rose street a few mins ago.

keep the faith
20-05-2017, 08:43 PM
Ended up 4-2 to leith with hibs missing a penalty but raised over 1.500

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hope there was a good crowd for the event.

whereswallace?
20-05-2017, 08:46 PM
Hope there was a good crowd for the event.

Massive crowd mate, brilliant effort.

keep the faith
20-05-2017, 10:39 PM
Massive crowd mate, brilliant effort.

👍