PDA

View Full Version : "Scope"

Salt N Sauzee
16-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Seen on Twitter last night that two guys are launching a new subscription site that "provides premium coverage of Celtic and Rangers" (as if there isn't already enough of that in Scotland.) Looks like it's fallen on it's arse already as some Paranoid Rangers fans dug deep into one of the founders older tweets and found a couple of him slagging Sevco off. Hasn't been well received by many fans judging by the replies to their launch video and rightly so. Disaster.

https://twitter.com/ThisIsScope/status/864209465339523076

CallumLaidlaw
16-05-2017, 10:16 AM
Aye its had quite a lot of reaction from non-OF fans.

On their site the opening line is "Scottish Football isn't being properly served by the mainstream media" - Correct. But here you guys go doing exactly what the MSM do! :rolleyes:

Diclonius
16-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Great, that's just what Scottish football needs - ANOTHER OF-centric media outlet. Because, you know, they only have 90% of the MSM at the moment.

Hope it dies on its arse. Media specifically targeted towards the rest of Scottish football - that I could get behind.

Michael
16-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Don't think I'll be subscribing this year to be honest.

Salt N Sauzee
16-05-2017, 10:29 AM
Aye its had quite a lot of reaction from non-OF fans.

On their site the opening line is "Scottish Football isn't being properly served by the mainstream media" - Correct. But here you guys go doing exactly what the MSM do! :rolleyes:

Yep. They offer absolutely nothing different to what's already out there. Shot themselves in the foot big time by gearing it all towards The OF.

Reckon something like that could be successful if it paid any attention to the other clubs in Scotland.

Smartie
16-05-2017, 11:06 AM
Is there not an opportunity for something that provides the exact opposite, i.e. all Scottish football clubs bar the Old Firm?

I actually have a reasonable amount of interest in Scottish football, all divisions. I have zero interest in Rangers and Celtic, and the crap MSM coverage does nothing for me.

The USP could be that it is real, Scottish football uninfected by the Old Firm, the baggage they bring and the tedious media coverage they generate.

Carheenlea
16-05-2017, 11:24 AM
It will be similar to the BBC, but with not quite as much about the Old Firm..

portyhibernian
16-05-2017, 12:02 PM
Is there not an opportunity for something that provides the exact opposite, i.e. all Scottish football clubs bar the Old Firm?

I actually have a reasonable amount of interest in Scottish football, all divisions. I have zero interest in Rangers and Celtic, and the crap MSM coverage does nothing for me.

The USP could be that it is real, Scottish football uninfected by the Old Firm, the baggage they bring and the tedious media coverage they generate.

Pretty much same boat. I think something like that as an online service could generate a reasonable amount of interest.

Sir David Gray
16-05-2017, 05:27 PM
Seen on Twitter last night that two guys are launching a new subscription site that "provides premium coverage of Celtic and Rangers" (as if there isn't already enough of that in Scotland.) Looks like it's fallen on it's arse already as some Paranoid Rangers fans dug deep into one of the founders older tweets and found a couple of him slagging Sevco off. Hasn't been well received by many fans judging by the replies to their launch video and rightly so. Disaster.

https://twitter.com/ThisIsScope/status/864209465339523076

I think I'll give that a miss.

If I wanted to tune into a media outlet that focuses on Celtic and Rangers, I would turn on Radio Scotland and buy copies of the Daily Record.

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2017, 05:33 PM
I dont know if its just me, but i'm not really interested in any other club, and wouldnt subscribe to a channel that just had rantic.

I also wouldnt subscribe to any channel that looked at all the other clubs bar those 2.

I listen to the tv and bits on the radio, but my ears only prick up when Hibs are mentioned, the rest is just mostly noise that hardly registers.

hibee
16-05-2017, 05:36 PM
Don't think this will last very long, the first comment I seen was a guy saying he wouldn't trust them because their name sounds like the pope!

DavieRoy
16-05-2017, 06:23 PM
Laughable.

Let's take a position that we care more than the MSM and actually act even worse than them. The MSM may be Old Firm centric but occasionally tick a box for the others.

These guys are basically chasing the Old Firm pound to make money and making it worse.

Give your money to them and it goes to them. At least the licence fee and subscriptions go towards the league although nowhere near enough.

Next season the BBC pay double for Sportscene highlights than they are currently, at least every non live game will have four cameras at it too.

Sky and BT will pay more as the three year option starts but it is only £4 million over three years.

CraigHibee
16-05-2017, 07:24 PM
I think I'll give that a miss.

If I wanted to tune into a media outlet that focuses on Celtic and Rangers, I would turn on Radio Scotland and buy copies of the Daily Record.

My thoughts too mate

matty_f
17-05-2017, 12:10 PM
Anyone interested in making some alternative non-OF content? I'd like to get involved in something like that if others were interested. Heavy Hibs bias, obviously. :greengrin

Sauzee07
17-05-2017, 01:07 PM
Anyone interested in making some alternative non-OF content? I'd like to get involved in something like that if others were interested. Heavy Hibs bias, obviously. :greengrin

A great idea. Call it Soap, instead of Scope, and that will scare away all the Sevco and Celtc fans.

GreenNWhiteArmy
17-05-2017, 01:11 PM
A great idea. Call it Soap, instead of Scope, and that will scare away all the Sevco and Celtc fans.

hahahaha :top marks

matty_f
17-05-2017, 01:38 PM

:faf:

Jones28
17-05-2017, 01:44 PM

😂😂😂😂

Fantastic 👌🏻

Jones28
17-05-2017, 01:49 PM
There's definitely a market for something that covers all of Scottish football. For example you could set up a site where subscription fees would pay for the game rights directly from clubs...or something like that anyway. A bit like an online SPL TV.