PDA

View Full Version : Paris

Scouse Hibee
15-05-2017, 08:40 PM
Long weekend for my 50th in August, apart from the popular attractions any recommendations? Particularly restaurants for the Saturday night.

Allant1981
16-05-2017, 04:48 AM
depends where you are staying and how far you want to travel for food

Scouse Hibee
16-05-2017, 06:19 AM
depends where you are staying and how far you want to travel for food

Okay will confirm where we are staying, I'm told it's pretty central by the wife who has booked it.

Edit:

Located in 15th Arrondissement, this hotel is within 1 mi (2 km) of Army Museum, Eiffel Tower, and Champ de Mars. Les Invalides and Rodin Museum are also within 1 mi (2 km)

Hibrandenburg
16-05-2017, 02:26 PM
Can't remember the name of the restaurant but it was near Pigalle. Classic French cuisine at affordable prices. Relais Montmartre I think. Not too far from Moulin Rouge.

Allant1981
16-05-2017, 04:51 PM
Okay will confirm where we are staying, I'm told it's pretty central by the wife who has booked it.

Edit:

Located in 15th Arrondissement, this hotel is within 1 mi (2 km) of Army Museum, Eiffel Tower, and Champ de Mars. Les Invalides and Rodin Museum are also within 1 mi (2 km)

there is a cracking wee restaurant called cezembre in the 17th, one of, if not the best restaurant I've ever been in, i done most of the touristy things when we were there last year so cant recommend anything you wont have heard about already im afraid

Peevemor
17-05-2017, 12:59 AM
there is a cracking wee restaurant called cezembre in the 17th, one of, if not the best restaurant I've ever been in, i done most of the touristy things when we were there last year so cant recommend anything you wont have heard about already im afraid
Cézembre - named after an island just off the coast of St Malo. Given it's strategic position the Germans located some serious artillery there during WW2 and it was subsequently bombed to bits by the allies - they're still clearing mines and other UXBs to this day.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-05-2017, 08:18 AM
Theres a decent Italian place on the junction of Bvd de Clichy and Place de Clichy (just up from The Moulin Rouge), cannae remember the name though.