PDA

View Full Version : Gavin and Tam..... Q and A following St. Patrick's Branch AGM

GORDONSMITH7
15-05-2017, 05:33 PM
We have had the owner of Hibernian FC, the Chief Executive, Managers, Ex Players et al speak at St. Pat's Branch meetings. Managers and players come and go however we are delighted to have with us this Thursday night, following AGM business, two backroom stalwarts who over decades have seen them all come and go. We would again like to offer .netters the chance to put questions to Player Liason Officer Gavin Gillies and Kit man Tam McCourt.

GGTTH

BIG G

Viva_Palmeiras
15-05-2017, 06:31 PM
We have had the owner of Hibernian FC, the Chief Executive, Managers, Ex Players et al speak at St. Pat's Branch meetings. Managers and players come and go however we are delighted to have with us this Thursday night, following AGM business, two backroom stalwarts who over decades have seen them all come and go. We would again like to offer .netters the chance to put questions to Player Liason Officer Gavin Gillies and Kit man Tam McCourt.

GGTTH

BIG G

Tam - from time to time we hear players say "this is the best dressing room".
You've had a unique insight over the years so what would your view be on best in terms of togetherness and banter?

It feels like the Scottish Cup has really brought various strands of the club together - how does it feel for you after the rollercoaster of the last 3 years?

Which players have left and impression on you as either a player or person?

You seem to like a bit of a joke - have you pranked any players?

bod
15-05-2017, 06:56 PM
what's the funniest wind up you've been fortunate to have a witnessed
best hibs related item you've acquired
best hibs related item you've pinched since you asked for it & was told NO

Scouse Hibee
15-05-2017, 08:31 PM
Tam - you've seen so many managers come and go, every time there is a change do you worry that you might be replaced?

ColinNish
15-05-2017, 08:34 PM
I thought Tam was a groundsman?

Nevi_SOL
15-05-2017, 08:36 PM
How much of the pitch did you take on 21.05 and re-lay at Easter road Tam?

matty_f
15-05-2017, 08:51 PM
Tam, have you ever been tempted by a big money move to the Premier League in England? :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
15-05-2017, 09:05 PM
I thought Tam was a groundsman?

Not been involved with the pitch for years

3pm
15-05-2017, 09:09 PM
With the big crowds this season, does Tam now think that building the new east stand was one of his best decisions?

Viva_Palmeiras
16-05-2017, 02:57 AM
If you had charge of the sprinklers for one game which opposition player would you soak In the warm up?

spike220
16-05-2017, 04:39 AM
Tam, what do you actually do day to day.

overdrive
16-05-2017, 06:36 AM
To Gavin. What does the role of Player Liason Officer entail? Also, what is the strangest request you've had from a player.

GORDONSMITH7
16-05-2017, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the questions so far. Keep them coming and will ask as many as possible on Thursday. A video will be made and shared with Hibbies everywhere.

Thanks

GGTTH

BIG G

Iggy Pope
16-05-2017, 03:06 PM
Tam.
Are you still happy with the surroundings at HTC?
The fit out contractor did a marvellous job there didn't they?

Andy74
16-05-2017, 04:13 PM
What a time to be alive.

Iggy Pope
16-05-2017, 04:18 PM
What a time to be alive.

Aye, I'm bored too.

matty_f
16-05-2017, 05:42 PM
Tam.
Are you still happy with the surroundings at HTC?
The fit out contractor did a marvellous job there didn't they?

What's the story there? Trying to work out whether that's a loaded question or not! :greengrin

Billy Whizz
16-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Ask Gavin who feeds him his terrible jokes😄

Famous Fiver
16-05-2017, 06:04 PM
Ever wished you were at Raith Rovers so that you can do the team talks?

Piece of cake!!!

Tamhere1875
16-05-2017, 07:31 PM
For Gavin. Is it true you did a bit of coaching when you were younger

Iggy Pope
16-05-2017, 07:43 PM
What's the story there? Trying to work out whether that's a loaded question or not! :greengrin

Nah Matty, nothing loaded. Proudest and most valued fit out of my lengthy career :wink: A labour of love.
Still like it asked though!

Viva_Palmeiras
16-05-2017, 07:45 PM
To Gavin. What does the role of Player Liason Officer entail? Also, what is the strangest request you've had from a player.

Gavin - How long have you been in the role and what changes have you noted over that period?

i'm guessing part of the role is helping settle players into the club. It seems that since Stubbs came in players seem more settled - what would you attribute that to - recruiting the right calibre/character of player or have there been some other adjustments the club has made?

The Hibernian Family has grown in diversity - is there a possibility that when we look at foreign players we might tap in to the family to make them welcome - if you need any Portuguese translators just ask ;)

Eyrie
16-05-2017, 07:46 PM
One for Tam. Does he have a life-long gagging clause in his contract, or can we look forward to several volumes revealing the true inside stories from Easter Road?

matty_f
16-05-2017, 07:50 PM
Nah Matty, nothing loaded. Proudest and most valued fit out of my lengthy career :wink: A labour of love.
Still like it asked though!

:aok: never knew it was your work - good stuff!!

Mick O'Rourke
16-05-2017, 08:56 PM
For Gavin. Is it true you did a bit of coaching when you were younger

Gavin used to run the Hibernian summer coaching school for youngsters at the Milton Road campus.

One of my grandsons attended about 12yrs ago.
Gavin would ask the kids to bring a Mars Bar at the end of the week .And they all did.
Gavin worked with youngsters with disabilities at a youth club.

The Mars Bars were for the kids

Question for Gavin

Do you still like Mars Bars?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-05-2017, 09:10 PM
For Gav, What's your heiders keepy upy record?

Iggy Pope
16-05-2017, 09:31 PM
:aok: never knew it was your work - good stuff!!

If you think dealing with Petrie is difficult as a punter try being a contractor.
Not joking about the labour of love. I drove to a supplier in Newcastle the day before handover to pick up the pegs for the empty boot room. Even got a wee team talk with my crew from John Collins about the difference the place would make to these young players lives. Opening day I was filled with pride. Within the week wee JC had walked.....stil, I've got carpet tiles from the lounge lining my boot and a roll of the Astro (without pellets) lining my shed. 10 ****ing years......and some great photos, some of which I shared on here.
I went back a while later to do some snagging and wee Tam wouldn't give me anything to take to Elfsborg for swapping next day. He's no half tight. :greengrin