PDA

View Full Version : Wage Structure

JAckaHIBEE
14-05-2017, 03:06 PM
Fairly new on here but as thoughts turn to transfers and excitement about next season I was wondering if anyone knew what the deal is with our wage structure? I'm glad we've got a solid wage structure to prevent us ending up like Hearts and The Rangers. However, does anyone know how regularly it is reassessed and whether the club increase the 'top wage' depending on the market often?

houstonhibbee
14-05-2017, 03:10 PM
Fairly new on here but as thoughts turn to transfers and excitement about next season I was wondering if anyone knew what the deal is with our wage structure? I'm glad we've got a solid wage structure to prevent us ending up like Hearts and The Rangers. However, does anyone know how regularly it is reassessed and whether the club increase the 'top wage' depending on the market often?
Probably dictated by our spending power rather than market conditions

probablybsafe to assume it's gone up quite a bit based on season ticket expectations as alluded tomby leeann

JAckaHIBEE
14-05-2017, 03:17 PM
Probably dictated by our spending power rather than market conditions

probablybsafe to assume it's gone up quite a bit based on season ticket expectations as alluded tomby leeann

:aok: Is your understanding that the structure changes season by season?

Velma Dinkley
14-05-2017, 03:59 PM
There is no wage structure. There's a budget for staff wages.

houstonhibbee
14-05-2017, 04:05 PM
:aok: Is your understanding that the structure changes season by season?

sorry but I have no insider knowledge. Just going by what Leeann said in her e-mail to fans.

I agree I dont think there's a wage structure but seems to be commonly agreed there is a wage cap

mjhibby
14-05-2017, 05:48 PM
There is no wage structure. There's a budget for staff wages.

There certainly is a wage structure as at most clubs. Part of the reason Collins left is that he wasn't allowed to pay higher wages to the top players or that is my understanding. Obviously there is a budget but we did get commons and Ambrose on emergency loans and I doubt they were budgeted for. Maybe Leanne has changed things. If we do attract maloney or the likes then it's probably due to raising the top wage.

Velma Dinkley
14-05-2017, 05:55 PM
There certainly is a wage structure as at most clubs. Part of the reason Collins left is that he wasn't allowed to pay higher wages to the top players or that is my understanding. Obviously there is a budget but we did get commons and Ambrose on emergency loans and I doubt they were budgeted for. Maybe Leanne has changed things. If we do attract maloney or the likes then it's probably due to raising the top wage.

There's really not.

JAckaHIBEE
14-05-2017, 06:59 PM
I just always wondered really. You see people on here talking about 'the wage structure' fairly regularly (especially at this time of year) and I never know if that means the club have a set top wage, eg. "no one will be paid a salary over £3k per week"

I guess very few would know any hard facts unless they were in some way involved in the club's financial decision making but just wondered if such a structure was in place.

Cheers for the insights :flag:

Scouse Hibee
14-05-2017, 08:05 PM
All talk about earnings, wage structure etc is total guesswork and rarely anywhere near the real figures I reckon.

Speedway
14-05-2017, 08:18 PM
It was explained many years ago that no 'wage ceiling' exists beyond the value of the entire budget.

The manager decided how the budget was to be spent.

Common sense dictates that if you pay a player or players much more than the rest of your squad you've got a divided dressing room.

Therefore I'll conclude that while no official ceiling exists, you don't go a certain percentage higher than the next highest paid player for the sake of dressing room harmony.

Jack
14-05-2017, 08:40 PM
I'd imagine it's a blend of who the manger wants and how much the board can squeeze out the Finance Director up to and including shaking him by the ankles for any change that might be in his pockets!

houstonhibbee
14-05-2017, 09:22 PM
All talk about earnings, wage structure etc is total guesswork and rarely anywhere near the real figures I reckon.
bASE CAP CANT BE TOO FAR OFF. wIN BONUSES, GOOD CUP RUNS CAN ADD QUITE A BIT THOUGH i WOULD HAVE THOUGHT

Salt N Sauzee
15-05-2017, 09:55 AM
bASE CAP CANT BE TOO FAR OFF. wIN BONUSES, GOOD CUP RUNS CAN ADD QUITE A BIT THOUGH i WOULD HAVE THOUGHT

stop shouting

houstonhibbee
15-05-2017, 10:01 AM
stop shouting
Couldn't be bothered retyping it all

Andy74
15-05-2017, 05:14 PM
It was explained many years ago that no 'wage ceiling' exists beyond the value of the entire budget.

The manager decided how the budget was to be spent.

Common sense dictates that if you pay a player or players much more than the rest of your squad you've got a divided dressing room.

Therefore I'll conclude that while no official ceiling exists, you don't go a certain percentage higher than the next highest paid player for the sake of dressing room harmony.

Correct, it was explained I think at AGMs and certainly at some of the working together stuff I was at that there wasn't a cap on a weekly wage, there was an overall budget to use as the manager sees fit.

Might have changed since of course.

HoboHarry
17-05-2017, 02:59 AM
Think yer keyboard is upside doon knuckleheid........

:LOL:

houstonhibbee
17-05-2017, 03:38 AM

Am I the only one that does it all the time:confused:

houstonhibbee
17-05-2017, 03:39 AM

Have you moved to N Houston yet?

Cookiehibs
17-05-2017, 06:21 PM
Grant holt was our highest paid player so now that he is off the books it should free up some cash

Scouse Hibee
17-05-2017, 06:28 PM
Grant holt was our highest paid player so now that he is off the books it should free up some cash

How do you know that?

Slavoj Zizek
17-05-2017, 06:46 PM

Six posts?

I smell a Journo or a Yam.

My mortgage is on the former rather than the latter.

Expect an article in some red top rag about relative wage budgets which we will all get upset about next week.

It is pre-season after all.

Cookiehibs
17-05-2017, 06:55 PM
I'm close friends with one of our regular starting 11. Would be unfair to reveal his name but it's the honest truth.

Scouse Hibee
17-05-2017, 06:59 PM
I'm close friends with one of our regular starting 11. Would be unfair to reveal his name but it's the honest truth.

The thing is with sources close to the truth, lots of us seem to have them yet the "facts and honest truth" never tally from one to the next. Make of that what you will.

JAckaHIBEE
17-05-2017, 07:24 PM
Six posts?

I smell a Journo or a Yam.

My mortgage is on the former rather than the latter.

Expect an article in some red top rag about relative wage budgets which we will all get upset about next week.

It is pre-season after all.

I assure you I'm not, season ticket in the East. Just curious about our club and the way it's run

Would make for a fairly bland tabloid story I should imagine