PDA

View Full Version : Ms. Dempster

BanjoWill
13-05-2017, 10:01 PM
Was anyone else disappointed not to see Leanne on the park last week? Mr. Petrie was there, and deserved to be so. Arguably though Leanne deserves more credit than players/management/board.

superfurryhibby
13-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Was anyone else disappointed not to see Leanne on the park last week? Mr. Petrie was there, and deserved to be so. Arguably though Leanne deserves more credit than players/management/board.

No she dorsn't and aye she should have been.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-05-2017, 10:07 PM
She almost didn't get a mention - she was last up...

I know it's supposed to be a sign of respect but I find this whole Mr and Mrs stuff tiring.
In my working life I've never come across and place referring to management by their title. Each to their own but it feels like a time warp. Was something my mum referee to when she worked in The Scottish Widows in the 60s to late 70s. Is it even a thing these days?

hibee
13-05-2017, 10:17 PM
She was introduced and came onto the pitch briefly, couldn't care either way, sure she could have stayed on the pitch if she wanted to.

Carheenlea
13-05-2017, 10:24 PM
She looked a bit reluctant and embarrassed when she got the 'Big Up' from the announcer.
I don't really think it's her style to lap up public attention in such a manner.

lapsedhibee
13-05-2017, 10:26 PM
I know it's supposed to be a sign of respect but I find this whole Mr and Mrs stuff tiring.
In my working life I've never come across and place referring to management by their title. Each to their own but it feels like a time warp. Was something my mum referee to when she worked in The Scottish Widows in the 60s to late 70s. Is it even a thing these days?

:agree: It's something yams do.

GreenLake
13-05-2017, 10:47 PM
I would like to see her in a Hibs top twerking with Miley Cyrus at Wango Tango 2017 (http://www.stubhubcenter.com/events/detail/kiis-fms-wango-tango-2017). She deserves to celebrate her achievements with this Hibs team.

pacorosssco
14-05-2017, 02:02 AM
I would like to see her in a Hibs top twerking with Miley Cyrus at Wango Tango 2017 (http://www.stubhubcenter.com/events/detail/kiis-fms-wango-tango-2017). She deserves to celebrate her achievements with this Hibs team.

Yes she has transformed how club run and petrie got a huge brass neck as his shambolic stewardship seen us in championship

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-05-2017, 07:51 AM
It fits in with her professionalism though doesn't it. If she decided that the day belonged 100 percent to the players and fans then that is humility personified.

TrinityHibs
14-05-2017, 07:56 AM
She was just on the pitch in front of the west taking selfies with somebody else with the champions stage in the background

Hedlund12
14-05-2017, 10:06 AM
I was in hospitality for the St Mirren game. I didn't see Leeann on the pitch from my seat but spoke to her briefly after the game.
I asked Leeann why she wasn't on the pitch at the end - taking some credit for the part she has played since joining the club.
I told her her that there are likely to be thousands of Hibees who would love to show their appreciation - vocally or by applause. Leeann laughed it off and made a gesture of being embarrassed by the mere thought/ suggestion. She said that talking to the fans made her happy.
If you are looking in Leeann "thank you for mending our broken club and helping steer us back to where we belong" GGTTH

edwards
14-05-2017, 10:20 AM
After all the flack Petrie took when we went down I feel Leeann took a back seat on this one to let him take a bit of praise for a change, I still have mixed emotions but we are back and thats all that matters

Hibby Bairn
14-05-2017, 10:28 AM
It fits in with her professionalism though doesn't it. If she decided that the day belonged 100 percent to the players and fans then that is humility personified.

Correct. Some of the stuff on here and recent threads is boak inducing.

Get a grip.

Moody Blues
14-05-2017, 10:33 AM
All this Ms and Mr stuff is embarrassing

Wilson
14-05-2017, 10:38 AM
All this Ms and Mr stuff is embarrassing

Okay, Lady Stanton.

Andy74
14-05-2017, 10:55 AM
Yes she has transformed how club run and petrie got a huge brass neck as his shambolic stewardship seen us in championship

I think you have to view where we were when the stewardship began.

We are now sat with a first class stadium, training centre and solid finances with a clear path to being debt free. We have an excellent share offer and a mechanism for fans to own more of the club.

League wise the on the park stuff has been disappointing of course. We've won league cups and the Scottish and Hampden trips have been pretty frequent.

The current set up was also planned before Dempster arrived and appointing her was part of that.

It's not really shambolic overall.

Moody Blues
14-05-2017, 11:02 AM
Okay, Lady Stanton.

Ha ha☺

where'stheslope
14-05-2017, 02:46 PM
Mostly the terms of her employment will depict how much she is allowed to accept adulation from the fans.

If she is say down in 6 or 7 in line for honours at the club, she will not be allowed to take plaudits afforded to the club.

Always remember Leeann is working away in the background, and most of the men at the club will be lapping up what she has achieved and taking the plaudits for her.

This happens all to often in life when the wrong person always seems to get the plaudits, and the person who should is tucked away in the background!

So its up to us the fans to call her out and make sure she knows we thank her for all our progress!!!!

Nakedmanoncrack
14-05-2017, 03:04 PM
She's an employee of the club, if she's doing a good job, which by all accounts she is - great, but I've no interest in seeing her, Petrie or any other admin staff on the pitch to be honest.

heretoday
14-05-2017, 03:49 PM
Arise Dame Leeann.

HFCdeb
14-05-2017, 05:29 PM
Mostly the terms of her employment will depict how much she is allowed to accept adulation from the fans.

If she is say down in 6 or 7 in line for honours at the club, she will not be allowed to take plaudits afforded to the club.

Always remember Leeann is working away in the background, and most of the men at the club will be lapping up what she has achieved and taking the plaudits for her.

This happens all to often in life when the wrong person always seems to get the plaudits, and the person who should is tucked away in the background!

So its up to us the fans to call her out and make sure she knows we thank her for all our progress!!!!

I love this post.

Betty Boop
14-05-2017, 05:31 PM
She's an employee of the club, if she's doing a good job, which by all accounts she is - great, but I've no interest in seeing her, Petrie or any other admin staff on the pitch to be honest.

:top marks

Billy Whizz
14-05-2017, 05:50 PM
I think you have to view where we were when the stewardship began.

We are now sat with a first class stadium, training centre and solid finances with a clear path to being debt free. We have an excellent share offer and a mechanism for fans to own more of the club.

League wise the on the park stuff has been disappointing of course. We've won league cups and the Scottish and Hampden trips have been pretty frequent.

The current set up was also planned before Dempster arrived and appointing her was part of that.

It's not really shambolic overall.

Agree with all this Andy

poolman
14-05-2017, 06:05 PM
A weird thread IMO

Why would anybody wonder about LD being on the pitch or not

I'm getting old tho 🤔

SanFranHibs
14-05-2017, 06:52 PM

I have never encountered this. Can you provide some examples?

:wink:

CropleyWasGod
14-05-2017, 07:04 PM

That would be an unusual clause to have in a Contract of Employment, no?

DarlingtonHibee
14-05-2017, 07:09 PM
That would be an unusual clause to have in a Contract of Employment, no?

Agreed, would be interesting to know if Leaane is on a fixed term contract, or a normal notice period. Whatever it is we need to protect such a valuable asset.

Peevemor
14-05-2017, 07:32 PM
Agreed, would be interesting to know if Leaane is on a fixed term contract, or a normal notice period. Whatever it is we need to protect such a valuable asset.
If she eventually decides that she wants to move on there's not much that can be done to stop her. It's possible that she has a non competition clause in her contract which would prevent her taking another job in Scotland (for example) for a set period, but I very much doubt it.

DarlingtonHibee
14-05-2017, 07:36 PM
If she eventually decides that she wants to move on there's not much that can be done to stop her. It's possible that she has a non competition clause in her contract which would prevent her taking another job in Scotland (for example) for a set period, but I very much doubt it.
I'm no expert on employment law but if she is on a fixed term contract then it may be different. Just hoping we can keep her.

Siralbertkidd
15-05-2017, 10:13 AM

While Leeann is doing a great job in some areas, there is still a lot of room for improvement.

The failure of the loyalty scheme, the removal of BTG, the still non working speaker system, the lack of hot water in the toilets, the catering and the club shop are all happening on her watch.

While I have always said the product on the park is the most important thing, maybe its time for her to focus on the fans?

HibbySpurs
15-05-2017, 10:31 AM

This 100% :agree:

Rather than "lapping it up" she chooses to remain professional and focused on the task at hand which is making our club as good as it can possibly be which I guess to most realistic Hibs fans is being in the top 6 of the Premisership, challenging for the two other domestic cup competitions (and occasionally winning them of course :greengrin) and getting the odd European adventure on the go.

She has done us all proud since arriving from Motherwell and is a Hibs Legend in my eyes through her professionalism and drive to achieve results whilst unlike our chums across the city not bursting the club financially in the process.

For all the great things (and not so great things at times) the decision by STF & RP to go out and get LD on board as CE is right up there as one of the best things they have done for the club under their watch. Time will tell but it may turn out to be the best decision.

GGTTH.

Onion
15-05-2017, 10:38 AM
A weird thread IMO

Why would anybody wonder about LD being on the pitch or not

I'm getting old tho 🤔

:top marks Yes, she's done a good job in stabilising the ship, bringing in a couple of decent managers and running the club as it should be, but that is no more of less than any decent CE should be doing. LD's performance looks spectacular mainly because of the utter ineptitude of the previous Chief Exec. We've all become so used to Hibs punching well below it's weight, that any success is seen as a god send. The trick now for the Board, LD, Petrie etc is to make a top 4 finish in the Prem the norm, rather than a 10 yr event.