PDA

View Full Version : New Players

dastardly8
13-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Who do we think would boost our squad for next season , I would like to see a couple of proven goal scorers and a creative attacking midfielder brought in who could we aim for ?

southsider
13-05-2017, 02:51 PM
Ryan Gauld getting released by Sporting Lisbon. Worth a punt ?

Elephant Stone
13-05-2017, 02:54 PM

They want to sell him.

CMurdoch
13-05-2017, 03:02 PM

They apparently want their £3 million investment back.
Think they will do well to get a £1 million, and it won't be from Hibs.

jeffers
13-05-2017, 03:05 PM
Scott Allan, best midfielder I've seen at Hibs since the golden generation. I'd love to see him back (providing his head is in the right place) threading passes through for Stokes.

Keyser Sauzee
13-05-2017, 03:14 PM
They want to sell him.

Shame if true, would have liked to seen him make a success of it at sporting rather than be back in British football. Still have high hopes for him, thiml he's the best Scottish prospect at the minute.

makaveli1875
13-05-2017, 03:19 PM
boyce
hendo
stokes
andreu

keep the faith
13-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Scott Allan, best midfielder I've seen at Hibs since the golden generation. I'd love to see him back (providing his head is in the right place) threading passes through for Stokes.

Would be my number one choice. He would do so well in this side.

Baw187
13-05-2017, 03:50 PM
Mallen, Boyce, Stokes, Mulgrew (long shot), and a midfield playmaker / winger from left field through Lennon's agent contacts.

Also Rocky and Effe signing on.

CalgaryHibs
13-05-2017, 04:09 PM
Mallen, Boyce, Stokes, Mulgrew (long shot), and a midfield playmaker / winger from left field through Lennon's agent contacts.

Also Rocky and Effe signing on.

Mulgrew the tic man ?
Nae thanx

Baw187
13-05-2017, 04:12 PM
Mulgrew the tic man ?
Nae thanx

Aye, the boy that still gets a game for Scotland!

Good player.

Craigmount Hibs
13-05-2017, 06:28 PM

Good player.
No thanks. The guy isn't either a stand out defender or a useful defensive midfielder. McGregor and Hanlon both better centre halves.

That he gets a game for Scotland means little. So does Berra, who's parents forgot to finish off his first name. And he's gunk too.

1van Sprou7e
13-05-2017, 06:33 PM
Mulgrew is a good player but we really don't need him

Billy Whizz
13-05-2017, 06:34 PM
Mulgrew is a good player but we really don't need him

But he can play in lots of positions. These sort of players are handy to have around

1van Sprou7e
13-05-2017, 06:35 PM
But he can play in lots of positions. These sort of players are handy to have around

True, his wages would be massive though so I don't think it would be worth it

Famous Fiver
13-05-2017, 06:37 PM
Skacel's available.

With his catering experience I am sure he could do a turn on one of the kiosks.

I might even buy 7 pies off him and order them in sign language!

Heisenberg
13-05-2017, 06:41 PM
Boyce.

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-05-2017, 06:46 PM
Were we not linked with Boyce before he ended up at Ross County? Wasn't fussed for him then but would snap your hand off for him now

worcesterhibby
13-05-2017, 06:54 PM

Good player.

lazy, past it and thinks he's better than he is...no thanks

Stranraer
13-05-2017, 06:57 PM
Jackson Irvine from Burton Albion (long shot).

bigwheel
13-05-2017, 07:00 PM

He's had rave reviews and won their player of the year...he'll get a decent move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since90+2
13-05-2017, 07:01 PM
Mulgrew would be a great signing for us. Can play centre half, left back or in the holding role in centre midfield.

He would be a first pick for any team in the country apart from Celtic.

bingo70
13-05-2017, 07:07 PM
Mulgrew would be a great signing for us. Can player centre half, left back or in the holding role in centre midfielder.

Of course he would, anyone turning their nose up at him possibly signing needs their head read imo.

Another name to the list for me would be Aiden Nisbett, heard good things about him before Morton played us so kept an eye out for him and thought he was excellent. Being linked with so many ex Celtic players is pretty tedious though.

superfurryhibby
13-05-2017, 07:09 PM
Mulgrew would be a great signing for us. Can player centre half, left back or in the holding role in centre midfielder.

Totally agree. Plenty slagged Ambrose before he had kicked aball for us, yet his class was apparent in every game he played.

bigwheel
13-05-2017, 07:14 PM

Exactly...he's likely to start against England in June....would be a top player for us...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ryan69
13-05-2017, 08:06 PM
Shame if true, would have liked to seen him make a success of it at sporting rather than be back in British football. Still have high hopes for him, thiml he's the best Scottish prospect at the minute.

He was at loan at someone in top flight(maybe Estoril) earlier in season. And seemed todo pretty good.

I reckon somebody in Portugal will snap him up.

Ilovehibs
13-05-2017, 08:12 PM
Liked the look of Stevie Mallan and heard mention of him coming to ER but he's now off to Barnsley for a medical apparently.

Would take Scott Allan if his mindset is right.

CallumLaidlaw
13-05-2017, 08:16 PM

In January, Irvine was offered something mental like £5m a year by a couple of Chinese clubs [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
13-05-2017, 08:20 PM
He was at loan at someone in top flight(maybe Estoril) earlier in season. And seemed todo pretty good.

I reckon somebody in Portugal will snap him up.

Not if Sporting want 3million for him. Can't comment because I can't say I have ever seen or noted him as a player, but I would doubt he is of the calibre of the likes of yon Burke, Robertson or thenladdie at Celtic whose name evades me. He hasn't broken through at a standard that probably isn't massively superior to the English Championship.

Billy Whizz
13-05-2017, 09:04 PM
In January, Irvine was offered something mental like £5m a year by a couple of Chinese clubs [emoji15]

That was before the Chinese changed the rules. Previously he could have played as an Asian, not anymore

JohnM1875
13-05-2017, 09:07 PM
Not if Sporting want 3million for him. Can't comment because I can't say I have ever seen or noted him as a player, but I would doubt he is of the calibre of the likes of yon Burke, Robertson or thenladdie at Celtic whose name evades me. He hasn't broken through at a standard that probably isn't massively superior to the English Championship.

You mean Tierney? Who looks to have twice the potential of Gauld! Think he could go to the very top.

hibs#1
13-05-2017, 09:15 PM
You mean Tierney? Who looks to have twice the potential of Gauld! Think he could go to the very top.

I'd be surprised if Tierney doesn't make it at a very big club looks a fantastic player every time I've seen him.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2017, 09:16 PM

He'll move to one of the top clubs in England within the next couple of years.

Brilliant young player.

nairn hibee
13-05-2017, 09:41 PM
Any word on shinnie ,is he out of contract at Birmingham now,

CMurdoch
14-05-2017, 01:24 AM
Any word on shinnie ,is he out of contract at Birmingham now,

No, has another year to go but they might pay him off

bingo70
14-05-2017, 06:44 AM
No, has another year to go but they might pay him off

I defended Shinnie a fair bit during the season but I hope we don't go to any great effort to sign him. He can be quite creative but as a team I think we're crying out for some genuine pace and imo too many games pass him by.

Steve20
14-05-2017, 07:23 AM
Stokes and Ambrose would be great signings if the paper talk the other day is true. Lewis Morgan from St Mirren would be worth putting a bid in for. We'd also need another striker if Cummings is away too.

houstonhibbee
15-05-2017, 09:56 AM
Stokes and Ambrose would be great signings if the paper talk the other day is true. Lewis Morgan from St Mirren would be worth putting a bid in for. We'd also need another striker if Cummings is away too.
According to latest interview Neil seems to be keen to tie up rocky and efe but no mention of shinnie

1875Sean
15-05-2017, 09:57 PM
Kelvin Wilson been linked saying he has spoken with Neil

Not In The Know
15-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Would be very happy with Lewis Morgan.

Ronniekirk
16-05-2017, 07:40 AM
Kelvin Wilson been linked saying he has spoken with Neil

Sounds like he is hoping for other offers didn't seem overly keen from what was quoted