PDA

View Full Version : 1 year ago

13-05-2017, 10:14 AM
1 year ago we lost in the play-offs to Falkirk and stayed down. Horrible day, especially since we were stung by a last minute goal. Totally dejected and wondered how I was going to pick my self up for the final. I had no idea that just around the corner was the greatest day/weekend of my life.

Ah the trials and tribulations of being a hibee eh :greengrin:flag:

Sir David Gray
13-05-2017, 10:25 AM
That night was the worst I've felt after a football match for a long time. The game finished about 9:30 and I reckon I was in my bed by 10:30 (I live in Falkirk before anyone reports me to the Police!).

It was a horrible experience and the day after, my cup final tickets came through the post. I honestly could have ripped them up I really didn't want to think about the final.

What a turnaround in the space of 8 days.

PatHead
13-05-2017, 10:26 AM
I remember coming out the ground demoralised. Said to my mate that we didn't have a chance. By the time we got back to our homes we had both convinced ourselves that the new club were ***** and we were going to win. Fickle eh! It says a lot how the players came back from that disappointment.

Green Badger
13-05-2017, 10:30 AM
I was in China on business, had to watch the game on my phone in the hotel room in the middle of the night. One of the worst experiences of my time following Hibs.
Thankfully something happened the following week to take all the pain away! :gwa:

Haymaker
13-05-2017, 10:35 AM
I was sitting in my local utterly gutted. I have never felt so little enthusiasm for coming up to see Hibs in a cup final.

Glad I did though. What a weekend!

PatHead
13-05-2017, 10:37 AM
I was sitting in my local utterly gutted. I have never felt so little enthusiasm for coming up to see Hibs in a cup final.

Glad I did though. What a weekend!

Only a weekend? Huh, took months to stop celebrating. Now where is my DVD

Haymaker
13-05-2017, 10:42 AM
Only a weekend? Huh, took months to stop celebrating. Now where is my DVD

Oh I didn't stop celebrating but the Edinburgh part of the fun was the best.

Borderhibbie76
13-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Felt worse coming out of Falkirk tin pot unfinished stadium that night that I did the day Hamilton sent us down. Was just awful we were literally 10 mins away from getting through to the final verses killie which we would have won I think.

Then 8 days later...something magical happened

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

13-05-2017, 11:50 AM
At the time, as I said in my OP, I was totally dejected, could see the final far enough, all my cup final excitement was knocked out (it did return in the following days I must admit). But I just wonder what might have happened if we HAD beaten Falkirk that night. Would we have still won the cup? Would we have had one eye focused on the play-off final rather than full focus on the SC? Of course we will never know but things could have been very different had it gone our way that night.

I think the fact we lost out so narrowly in the league cup final, and then so narrowly in the play-offs, I think it gave the team an even bigger desire to win the SC. To lose out on all 3 after coming so close to them all would have been horrendous. Gray said that in time for heroes, that all the build up to the final was focused on how we'd failed and the players were determined to turn that around.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-05-2017, 12:01 PM
And in just over a weeks time the Hearts song book was mysteriously wiped from the Internet... any clues? Anyone get a look at the guy? Maybe some Russian cybercriminal. I think he was seen around the time leaping into and punching the air.

Bishop Hibee
13-05-2017, 12:02 PM
I left the Falkirk Stadium wondering when the pain would ever end. Turns out we didn't have long to wait 🏆

southsider
13-05-2017, 01:30 PM
Convinced of we had won the play-off we would have lost the cup. Was it worth it ? U better believe it !

The Spaceman
13-05-2017, 02:02 PM
And in just over a weeks time the Hearts song book was mysteriously wiped from the Internet... any clues? Anyone get a look at the guy? Maybe some Russian cybercriminal. I think he was seen around the time leaping into and punching the air.

Davidas Grayovo I believe.