PDA

View Full Version : Play-off promotion

humptiedumptie
12-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Are others as involved as me being interested in the chase to the Premiership. It,s a cracking human interest story. You have Morton,s old fox, Duffy desperately trying to make the most of the least impressive hand against the presently up and coming Mc.Kinnon lumbered with the traditionally top flight expectations of United and the winners face up to Houston and his finely tuned Bairns. The certainty, there will be heartache for the majority somewhere along the line. The final outcome? Premiership or Championship triumph. Don,t bet on it! Though the odds til now have favoured the team in danger of dropping down. You just never know.

WeeRussell
12-05-2017, 05:22 PM
I do hope Dundee United come out on top but you're correct, it's a tough job getting back up through the play offs.

StevieT
12-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Heading off to Tannadice for the match tonight. I think it will be a nervy night for United. 2-1 lead, do you go for it or hang on in there?Wouldn't be surprised if it went to extra time.

So Brechin midweek, Tannadice tonight and Forfar tomorrow. You've got to love the play-offs......so long as you aren't in them!

SirDavidsNapper
12-05-2017, 05:31 PM
The playoffs have been fantastic for Scottish football even if we've suffered more than most through them

Eyrie
12-05-2017, 06:23 PM
Heading off to Tannadice for the match tonight. I think it will be a nervy night for United. 2-1 lead, do you go for it or hang on in there?Wouldn't be surprised if it went to extra time.

So Brechin midweek, Tannadice tonight and Forfar tomorrow. You've got to love the play-offs......so long as you aren't in them!

Glory hunter!

PeeKay
12-05-2017, 06:27 PM
As a matter of interest, is the gate money for the play-offs still distributed amongst all the clubs in the Championship? Would love to think we will be profiting from Houston's Falkirk for sitting on our erchies.

H18 SFR
12-05-2017, 06:32 PM
As a matter of interest, is the gate money for the play-offs still distributed amongst all the clubs in the Championship? Would love to think we will be profiting from Houston's Falkirk for sitting on our erchies.

Clubs get a small cut now. SPFL get the most. It changed last year.

dmc1875
12-05-2017, 06:42 PM
It's not on tv is it?

bigwheel
12-05-2017, 06:51 PM
can't find it either - was looking forward to watching it

Velma Dinkley
12-05-2017, 07:04 PM
I can't even find it on the radio :confused:

SON OF PADDY
12-05-2017, 07:19 PM
I can't even find it on the radio :confused:

You couldn't make it up !!
BBC Scotland
"Hang your heads in shame"
It's the Bloody Play off's for God's sake.....

Springbank
12-05-2017, 07:23 PM
can't find it either - was looking forward to watching it

Semis and final are on BT Sport but not the quarters

bigwheel
12-05-2017, 07:27 PM
Semis and final are on BT Sport but not the quarters

cheers...unless Sevco were involved ! :wink:

Waxy
12-05-2017, 07:33 PM
Bbc alba should have covered the first play-offs. Even if it meant not showing a couple if earlier championship fixtures.
The play-offs have been great for Scottish football and even better having a team have the chance if joining the league through the pyramid play-off.
Reckon this final should be a one if at a neutral ground live on telly.'
So happy we have a rest from them this year. Very stressful.

iwasthere1972
12-05-2017, 07:50 PM
Still 0-0 Dundee Utd v Morton.

Onceinawhile
12-05-2017, 07:54 PM
Utd 1 up.

Onceinawhile
12-05-2017, 08:07 PM
Utd 2 up and presumably through.

4-1 on aggregate

SteveHFC
12-05-2017, 08:11 PM
Hope Utd pump Falkirk next week.

Lago
12-05-2017, 08:16 PM
Dun. Utd could do in 1 season what Hibs couldnt do in 2 seasons, get promoted via play offs.

California-Hibs
12-05-2017, 08:19 PM
Dun. Utd could do in 1 season what Hibs couldnt do in 2 seasons, get promoted via play offs.

Calm down it's only the quarters they've got through, long way yet. I hope they do it though first time of asking.

Lago
12-05-2017, 08:23 PM
Calm down it's only the quarters they've got through, long way yet. I hope they do it though first time of asking.
Yip, much prefer they hump Falkirk then hopefully follow up by beating Hamilton.

col02
12-05-2017, 08:26 PM
Morton under Duffy had a great season but just ran out of steam at the end. Still think the Spl team will retain their status though.

Borderhibbie76
12-05-2017, 08:37 PM
Dun. Utd could do in 1 season what Hibs couldnt do in 2 seasons, get promoted via play offs.calm it they have another 2 rounds to get thru yet

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

bigwheel
12-05-2017, 09:01 PM

Yes. They might do - wouldn't be bad if they did...

Can't be compared with the competition we had - and you are remembering we are champions of the league they just finished 3rd in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pete
12-05-2017, 09:13 PM
I'm probably alone in wanting Falkirk to take care of United. Houston doesn't really bother me and Falkirk have had it pretty rough in the past regarding promotion and stuffy SPL rules.

Can't be doing with United and their arrogant fans who think they are something special. I hope they extend their stay in Serie B.

where'stheslope
12-05-2017, 09:16 PM
Looking at the bottom 3 in the Premiership at the moment, all 3 look beatable!
So whoever gets the play off final will have a great chance of getting promoted.

Pete
12-05-2017, 09:18 PM
So whoever gets the play off final will have a great chance of getting promoted.

Chances are they'll be knackered but you never know.

SkintHibby
12-05-2017, 09:52 PM
I want United up and Accies down.

Scotland needs all the bigger clubs in the top league.

Deansy
12-05-2017, 10:14 PM
I'm probably alone in wanting Falkirk to take care of United. Houston doesn't really bother me and Falkirk have had it pretty rough in the past regarding promotion and stuffy SPL rules.

Can't be doing with United and their arrogant fans who think they are something special. I hope they extend their stay in Serie B.

Sorry but personally I couldn't give 2 F's how rough they've had it - it's petty I know but that F*****r NEVER misses (or missed) a single opportunity to bad-mouth Hibs, Hibs-players and anything Hibs-related in almost every single interview he does !. He's the epitome of the nasty, snarling, jealous, small-minded Jambo - so F*** him and his poxy little 'Kick-it-if-it-moves' team of players !

West lower
12-05-2017, 10:22 PM
Said it before. Hope Houston does not come up. It's coaches like him that keep Scottish football in the dark ages. All about high balls and living off the scraps. His teams cheat in every game they play. A product of the Jeffries / Levein school of football. Hope Utd get the better of them but don't think they will.

Green Badger
12-05-2017, 10:49 PM
I want United up and Accies down.

Scotland needs all the bigger clubs in the top league.

Agree. Given the choice of Falkirk and that fanny Houston, Hamilton and their poor support, my choice would be Dundee Utd. Don't like them, but best option out of that three.

Dashing Bob S
12-05-2017, 10:52 PM
Agree. Given the choice of Falkirk and that fanny Houston, Hamilton and their poor support, my choice would be Dundee Utd. Don't like them, but best option out of that three.

Want Hamilton to stay up and United and Falkirk to stay down.

ColinNish
13-05-2017, 06:18 AM

"United and their arrogant fans"? 😅😂😂😂😂

Albanian Hibs
13-05-2017, 06:54 AM
"United and their arrogant fans"? 😅😂😂😂😂

Yip. Took a total dislike to them this season, though our resident arab may have played a big part in that...

Topographic Hibby
13-05-2017, 07:42 AM
+1 Good for the game to have Edinburgh, Dundee, Tayside, Celtic/Jags and New Firm derbies.

And the Glasgow walkover games as well. They are funny.........:wink:

southsider
13-05-2017, 08:25 AM
We had, if you remember, the Scottish Cup to deal with as well. Did we not have something crazy like 6 games in 14 days or something like that ?

Col2
13-05-2017, 08:26 AM
Sorry but personally I couldn't give 2 F's how rough they've had it - it's petty I know but that F*****r NEVER misses (or missed) a single opportunity to bad-mouth Hibs, Hibs-players and anything Hibs-related in almost every single interview he does !. He's the epitome of the nasty, snarling, jealous, small-minded Jambo - so F*** him and his poxy little 'Kick-it-if-it-moves' team of players !

Spot on. ABF (Anyone But Falkirk)

SirDavidsNapper
13-05-2017, 08:29 AM

Got to agree. A lot of their fans look down their nose at Hibs. I think they actually feel they are a bigger club. I'd like them up for the derbys and things but I could wait a season 😉

Del Boy
13-05-2017, 08:33 AM
Hope United pump Falkirk and then beat Hamilton to get promoted.

Diclonius
13-05-2017, 09:00 AM
Whoever wins the semi for me. Don't like Houston but Falkirk are the local team.

PatHead
13-05-2017, 10:53 AM
Got to agree. A lot of their fans look down their nose at Hibs. I think they actually feel they are a bigger club. I'd like them up for the derbys and things but I could wait a season 😉

I know dozens of Arabs. None of them look down on us. All were really pleased when we won the cup. Don't base your image on one supporter. Even we have a few pricks in our support.

Jim Herriot
13-05-2017, 11:03 AM
Even we have a few pricks in our support.

You mean these guys? http://www.hibs.net/showgroups.php

Borderhibbie76
13-05-2017, 11:33 AM
Yip. Took a total dislike to them this season, though our resident arab may have played a big part in that...
Nah they are mainly decent...2 good mates of mines are Arabs and all thru the season they were very complimentary of Hibs...1 even text me the day we confirmed promotion to say cream.always rises to the top...and we were a premiership club back where we belong. I'd never get a text like that off a greetin bairn...Utd all the way for me...tho sadly I think Houston's cloggers will beat them over 2 legs. Ps just great to be watching from the outside for 1st time in 4 years

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk