PDA

View Full Version : Hibs 3rd

Ozyhibby
12-05-2017, 11:19 AM
http://www.insider.co.uk/special-reports/insider-football-finance-index-results-10393604
Football finances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibeesLittleHel
12-05-2017, 11:37 AM
The only major surprise for me was HOMFC in 5th and with 48 points. Shirly shome mishtake Miss FunnyFannie?

worcesterhibby
12-05-2017, 11:42 AM
wow, would be keen to hear what someone like "Cropley Was God" thinks about their way of coming up with the league table, but it's actually quite amazing to see Hibs in 3rd having spent 3 years in the Championship..ahead off Rangers and the "Big team" lagging behind, equal with St Johnson in 5/6th.

If this is accurate then hats off to The Tache and Dempster !

Hi Heid Yin
12-05-2017, 11:44 AM
And the good vibe surrounding Easter Road continues.
How satisfying to have independent affirmation that Hibs are in a far healthier financial position than Hearts and thus technically can afford better quality players than Hearts.
Now watch all their protestations and denials.
Glorious and heady days for our club.

Bostonhibby
12-05-2017, 11:52 AM
No charities, public bodies, pensioners or local small businesses were robbed in achieving this position.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
12-05-2017, 11:54 AM
We can only go higher in that index ..... by far and away the biggest increase in attendances this season with every chance they will be even bigger next season.

The Yams on the other hand ........ well, it doesn't look good :greengrin

The Leith Dutch
12-05-2017, 12:03 PM
No charities, public bodies, pensioners or local small businesses were robbed in achieving this position.

:top marks

It's genuinely impressive that despite the fact we didn't spend other people's money, stiff all our creditors and start from scratch *debt free* a few years back we're still higher placed and that's despite being in the league below.

Petrie deserves massive credit for running the club properly.
Dempster deserves massive credit for balancing how Petrie ran the club with a product on the pitch and a club in touch with it's fans.
And the supporters. Because none of this was possible without the attendances we saw this season.

I ****ing love being a Hibby.

Bostonhibby
12-05-2017, 12:07 PM

It's genuinely impressive that despite the fact we didn't spend other people's money, stiff all our creditors and start from scratch *debt free* a few years back we're still higher placed and that's despite being in the league below.

Dempster deserves massive credit for balancing how Petrie ran the club with a product on the pitch and a club in touch with it's fans.
And the supporters. Because none of this was possible without the attendances we saw this season.

Even funnier is the fact that the yams position is influenced by their fan ownership model. That's the one that's totally stalled just now. Not one direct debiter has a share!

connerg
12-05-2017, 12:10 PM
I like how they called us "the Edinburgh giant"

Bostonhibby
12-05-2017, 12:14 PM
Had to call us that, the smaller team with the smaller ground have already christened themselves big and the word is now synonymous with them

Ozyhibby
12-05-2017, 12:19 PM

It doesn't even take into account the 60% rise in attendances last season as the cut off was last summer.

Pretty Boy
12-05-2017, 12:19 PM

A perfectly apt description for the most successful side in the city in the last decade I would have thought.

The Leith Dutch
12-05-2017, 01:24 PM
It doesn't even take into account the 60% rise in attendances last season as the cut off was last summer.

Excellent - hopefully this time next year we will be Scotland's second biggest club on league postition and financially .

Jack Hackett
12-05-2017, 04:15 PM
It's a shame the analysis is out of date. This bit particularly so...

"the way the club has been run since exiting administration under the leadership of Ann Budge has seen fan satisfaction reaching great heights."

The trouble with great heights, is that you tend to descend a lot faster than you ascend

​:lolyam:

majorhibs
12-05-2017, 07:24 PM

Sir Tom Farmer made it all possible. (Even if him & his secretary did me in for my 380 shares fi the shysters duff & gray days)

CropleyWasGod
12-05-2017, 07:33 PM
wow, would be keen to hear what someone like "Cropley Was God" thinks about their way of coming up with the league table, but it's actually quite amazing to see Hibs in 3rd having spent 3 years in the Championship..ahead off Rangers and the "Big team" lagging behind, equal with St Johnson in 5/6th.

If this is accurate then hats off to The Tache and Dempster !

I'm a bit sceptical of things like this. It's a bit like those surveys that say "Edinburgh is the 7th best place in the world to stay"

2 reasons:-

1. as has been said, the data used is a year out of date.

2. this bit:-

Insider used interviews with lawyers, accountants and financial experts, as well as journal articles to produce 11 main criteria, categorised into three primary sub sections, these being Financial Discipline, Corporate Governance and Stakeholder Management.

Initially we hoped for primary data to really focus on the segmentation dimensions of the fan bases and see if that correlates to good management practice or financial performance. When we were denied primary data we had to find proxy measures for our areas of interest using high quality secondary data.

In other words, guesswork.:greengrin

It boggles my mind that Hearts came out on top in Stakeholder Management :cb

iwasthere1972
12-05-2017, 07:52 PM
I'm a bit sceptical of things like this. It's a bit like those surveys that say "Edinburgh is the 7th best place in the world to stay"

Insider used interviews with lawyers, accountants and financial experts, as well as journal articles to produce 11 main criteria, categorised into three primary sub sections, these being Financial Discipline, Corporate Governance and Stakeholder Management.

Initially we hoped for primary data to really focus on the segmentation dimensions of the fan bases and see if that correlates to good management practice or financial performance. When we were denied primary data we had to find proxy measures for our areas of interest using high quality secondary data.

Exactly what I was thinking. Guesswork.

majorhibs
12-05-2017, 08:11 PM

High quality secondary data! Like an ex wife in court trying to turn you over for even more although they're no due a cent! A lot of absolute waffle, nae substance, but bat yer eyelashes a bit & pretend yer cleverer than that workin idiot & British justice will see you very right. High quality secondary data?

Ozyhibby
12-05-2017, 08:52 PM
High quality secondary data! Like an ex wife in court trying to turn you over for even more although they're no due a cent! A lot of absolute waffle, nae substance, but bat yer eyelashes a bit & pretend yer cleverer than that workin idiot & British justice will see you very right. High quality secondary data?

Let it all out mate. [emoji23]

majorhibs
12-05-2017, 09:42 PM
Let it all out mate. [emoji23]

You really havenae been anywhere in the world, mate, if ye think 1 post, or sentence, or year, could dae justice tae a stinkin corrupt lyin ex Mrs fae Scotland! Seriously! But roll on anyway! Just never trust them. All. Scotland that is.

Bostonhibby
12-05-2017, 10:12 PM

Could be they're getting credit for "managing their stakeholders" I mean Vlad led the believers onward blindly over the cliff and there does appear to be a bit of continuity here?

And all big teams prefer poor quality primary data. This is what father dougal has been trying to say all along.

CropleyWasGod
12-05-2017, 10:30 PM
Could be they're getting credit for "managing their stakeholders" I mean Vlad led the believers onward blindly over the cliff and there does appear to be a bit of continuity here?

And all big teams prefer poor quality primary data. This is what father dougal has been trying to say all along.
I see what you mean.

Vlad ...the impaler of stakeholders.

Stakes through the Hearts.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
12-05-2017, 10:34 PM
I see what you mean.

Vlad ...the impaler of stakeholders.

Stakes through the Hearts.

They continue to impale themselves in the name of whatever Mrs Budge asks them to do next as well happy days.

Deansy
12-05-2017, 11:35 PM
The fact that the Hun are even involved in this 'table' says it's produced by people outside of Scotland and are going by info gleaned from Scottish media - they probably even believe the 'Full-house' c**p that comes out of the PBS !

CropleyWasGod
13-05-2017, 08:02 AM
The fact that the Hun are even involved in this 'table' says it's produced by people outside of Scotland and are going by info gleaned from Scottish media - they probably even believe the 'Full-house' c**p that comes out of the PBS !
It's Scottish Business Insider.