PDA

View Full Version : James Traynor wins top journalist prize at Scottish Press Awards

oldbutdim
12-05-2017, 11:15 AM
Unfortunately it is 'officially' given to Keith jackson, but come on, we all know who penned the articles.

Possibly the hospital bedside interviews with badly injured Rangers players was the clincher.

Well done James.

I mean Keith.

Captain Trips
12-05-2017, 11:19 AM
Unfortunately it is 'officially' given to Keith jackson, but come on, we all know who penned the articles.

Possibly the hospital bedside interviews with badly injured Rangers players was the clincher.

Well done James.

I mean Keith.

It was a joint award. The Booker prize for fiction will be right behind it.

SouthMoroccoStu
12-05-2017, 11:21 AM

Well done James.

I mean Keith.

Co written by Andy Walker, Chick Young and Lee Wallace

hhibs
12-05-2017, 11:21 AM

Well done James.

I mean Keith.

Give me strength !
WTF,the MSM really,really are crap or worse. :brickwall:brickwall

Captain Trips
12-05-2017, 11:25 AM
.....and here are the panel making the decision:

https://www.teachpreschool.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Newspaper-021.jpg

Fuzzywuzzy
12-05-2017, 11:36 AM
He's apparently been banned from Ibrox and ochenhowie for negative press.😒

Biggie
12-05-2017, 11:38 AM
confirmation on how piss poor the Scottish press are...

WeeRussell
12-05-2017, 11:40 AM
Dear dear. To think some took issue with McGinn winning championship player of the year... this is a new level.

southsider
12-05-2017, 12:37 PM
Who did he beat to get this award ? Maybe Biffo the bear and Fido the dug.

hibsbollah
12-05-2017, 12:39 PM
In other news, Kim Jeong Eun awarded Nobel Peace Prize.

SouthMoroccoStu
12-05-2017, 12:40 PM
I'll just leave this here....

12-05-2017, 12:51 PM

Jesus this still sends me into a rage. He hasn't even corrected it. TWAT

Captain Trips
12-05-2017, 12:58 PM

They feel no need to as that according to them is what happened however we all know as far as The Rangers are concerned the journos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzd40i8TfA

tamig
12-05-2017, 12:58 PM

Me too. An absolute disgrace.

southsider
12-05-2017, 01:14 PM
We should have sued him for deformation of character. Would have won hands down once Kenny Miller's wife and Dino's dad rubbished the claims.

Dashing Bob S
12-05-2017, 01:16 PM
Forget Trump in the White House - irony really is officially dead now.

Captain Trips
12-05-2017, 01:22 PM
We should have sued him for deformation of character. Would have won hands down once Kenny Miller's wife and Dino's dad rubbished the claims.

Nah we couldn't Chic "Zapruder" Young saw it all happen, kickings the lot.

poolman
12-05-2017, 02:44 PM

How did he get on with suing John Collins 😷

Eyrie
12-05-2017, 05:54 PM
Does this mean that "alternative facts" have now become mainstream?

GreenLake
12-05-2017, 06:17 PM
This is of a similar ridiculousness to Ena Sharples winning an award as the best synchronized swimmer.

Deansy
12-05-2017, 06:22 PM
It's just the Scottish Football media's way of saying '****** YOU' to 'Decency' and actual Journalism !

And also 2 fingers up to the internet and the Scottish Football Paying-Public. I take great comfort from the fact that in 10 years time, at least the internet and the Scottish Football Paying-Public will still exist.

Bishop Hibee
12-05-2017, 06:39 PM
A classic case of Buggins turn. A man for whom the term roaster was surely coined.

majorhibs
12-05-2017, 07:31 PM
This is of a similar ridiculousness to Ena Sharples winning an award as the best synchronized swimmer.

Did you ken Ena Sharples when she was 20, young & shapely? Me neither, but this thread is fantasy island is it not? As long as trumpets like above mentioned are quoted as journalists, then the west of Scotland does not have journalists.

Tomsk
12-05-2017, 07:40 PM

This is why he got it.

Joe6-2
12-05-2017, 08:35 PM

My thoughts exactly, I still feel Hibs should have come out with some scathing replies to all the lies and bull****

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-05-2017, 08:47 PM

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Phanneeeees!

WeeRussell
12-05-2017, 08:51 PM

I hadn't realised how bad it was.. is that genuine?

It's all bad enough but the beginning of the article reads "every member of the rangers team was assaulted or spat on..."

Utterly outrageous!!!

Captain Trips
12-05-2017, 08:58 PM
Indeed awards for 100‰ pure lies and one year on not one that I am aware of charge for actual physicality on a player.

Daily Record is a disgrace and I ask links to that rag in here be starred out like swearing. Disgrace of a paper

PolmontHibby
12-05-2017, 08:59 PM
seems like KJ has won it for 6 years in a row

its no wonder newspapers are dying a death

then again having first hand experience of the ****bag tactics that paper uses wouldn't touch it and only basing my dislike on his monotonous droning on sportsound

mca
12-05-2017, 09:04 PM
100% A+Grade @rsehole..

Carheenlea
12-05-2017, 09:14 PM
I don't read his stuff in the papers, but I actually don't mind him when he is a guest on Sportsound if truth be told.

oldbutdim
12-05-2017, 09:17 PM
I don't read his stuff in the papers, but I actually don't mind him when he is a guest on Sportsound if truth be told.

Can't say I watch/listen to that.
Has it got a "lying hundog apologist" section?

Obviously that was a rhetorical question.

Bostonhibby
12-05-2017, 10:19 PM
Big fat turkey celebrates winning best tasting seasonal poultry award.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

O'Rourke3
13-05-2017, 12:55 AM
He's the monkey that ended up typing something but well short of Shakespeare.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

SouthMoroccoStu
13-05-2017, 04:46 AM
I hadn't realised how bad it was.. is that genuine?

It's all bad enough but the beginning of the article reads "every member of the rangers team was assaulted or spat on..."

Utterly outrageous!!!

100% genuine

This was the front page of the daily ranger the day after the cup final

Still waiting on the retraction and apology...... but let's not hold our collective breath

West lower
13-05-2017, 10:42 AM
The standard of sport journalist in Scotland is dreadful. This award proves it.

ballengeich
13-05-2017, 10:44 AM
The standard of sport journalist in Scotland is dreadful. This award proves it.

It's like being tallest pygmy in the village.

Joe6-2
13-05-2017, 11:04 AM
It's like being tallest pygmy in the village.

Lol

snooky
13-05-2017, 08:38 PM
Akin to King Herod getting the "Babysitter Of The Year Award"

WeeRussell
13-05-2017, 08:44 PM
100% genuine

This was the front page of the daily ranger the day after the cup final

Still waiting on the retraction and apology...... but let's not hold our collective breath

I guessed I missed it in all my partying and exuberance! That is astounding.. it's like something from the daily mash it's that ridiculous.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2017, 09:09 PM

Absolutely disgraceful.

Hibs really ought to treat The Daily Record in the same way that Liverpool treat The Sun following their reporting of Hillsborough.

They should be banned from Easter Road and East Mains and no-one at Hibs should ever give one of their "journalists" an interview until that story is retracted and an apology is given for the blatant lies they told about our club and its fans.

How anyone at that paper could ever win a journalism award is beyond me.

Captain Trips
13-05-2017, 09:31 PM
#pishfromrecord

Have a word with the clownshoe here, Ihave.

pacorosssco
14-05-2017, 02:10 AM
If one hibs fan went on pitch last game v st mirren it would be front page all over again. Huns pile on v partick. Oh just a bit of relief nothing to see

SouthMoroccoStu
14-05-2017, 05:04 AM
If one hibs fan went on pitch last game v st mirren it would be front page all over again. Huns pile on v partick. Oh just a bit of relief nothing to see

And lets ignore the Hun that tried to hit the stadium security (rocksteady type) for stopping him going on the pitch

There's more journalistic integrity in the beano

Fuzzywuzzy
14-05-2017, 07:33 AM
He is a chunt. He throws hand grenades on Twitter then scuttles off to hide while folk fight among themselves. Every time he is asked about the lies of may he ignores and disappears for a while hoping it'll be forgotten about.

One Day
14-05-2017, 08:06 AM
Absolutely disgraceful.

Hibs really ought to treat The Daily Record in the same way that Liverpool treat The Sun following their reporting of Hillsborough.

They should be banned from Easter Road and East Mains and no-one at Hibs should ever give one of their "journalists" an interview until that story is retracted and an apology is given for the blatant lies they told about our club and its fans.

I used to buy the record quite regular bt am proud to say I have never bought one since that day. Even refused free copies at airport.

One Day
14-05-2017, 08:09 AM
Absolutely disgraceful.

I used to buy the record quite regular but am proud to say I have never bought one since that day. Even refused free copies at airport.

Sir David Gray
14-05-2017, 10:49 AM
I used to buy the record quite regular but am proud to say I have never bought one since that day. Even refused free copies at airport.

I never bought any copies but I would always go onto the website if someone provided a link to a story. I haven't done that since last year and I refuse to go onto their website at all.

My mum used to buy the paper every day through habit but I managed to convince her to stop.