PDA

View Full Version : Humphrey has gone !

Jag7
12-05-2017, 09:38 AM
In the rumours peice in the Scotsman !

Humphrey leaves Hibs Chris Humphrey has left Hibs and is looking to move back down south. The Jamaican international helped the club return to the top-flight having been signed by the club in January. The club continue talks with Israeli club Ashdod for the permanent signing of goalkeeper Ofir Marciano. (Daily Express)

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/rumour-mill-hibs-return-for-cup-hero-stokes-rangers-want-well-striker-ferguson-s-caixinha-concerns-1-4443808

J-C
12-05-2017, 09:49 AM
It always looked like a short deal when he came, he negotiated a release from Preston NE and the fact he only signed till the end of the season made me think he wouldn't be here after May.

iwasthere1972
12-05-2017, 09:52 AM
Apart from his debut against Dundee United in January he didn't add much. I know he came back from an injury but after that he was a bit of a disappointment.

Good luck to him anyway.

RossScott1991
12-05-2017, 09:56 AM
If this is true then cant say I'm too dissapointed. Had high hopes for him, was winger we were crying out for. Looked direct against Dundee Utd, but his fitness wasnt quite there to show us what he had to offer. Lennon will have had a good look at him by now and obviously feels we can sign better and actually have better i.e Boyle

Good luck to him!

jacomo
12-05-2017, 09:58 AM
Humph!

Stevie Reid
12-05-2017, 10:07 AM
Would've been happy to retain him, but also have no issues with him going.

His contribution wasn't only limited to the Dundee Utd game, but even if it had been, it was a huge impact in what was probably our most important win, and most emphatic statement, in the season.

fat freddy
12-05-2017, 10:09 AM
When did he arrive?

Andy74
12-05-2017, 10:10 AM
Might not have had the blistering pace anymore but had a knack of getting deliveries in which is what matters.

Time For Heroes
12-05-2017, 10:22 AM
I was looking forward to using him on Fifa aswell 😣

PiemanP
12-05-2017, 10:25 AM
I'd have liked him to stay. Just had a feeling that if we had managed to get him up to full fitness his deliveries would have been a real asset for us, although this is based on something like 100 minutes of football!

If he's away we simply must sign at least 1, if not 2 proper wingers this summer.

Tamhere1875
12-05-2017, 10:35 AM
Another wages saved. Saw him play a few times for the first and development teams and all I can say is he's not going to be missed.

12-05-2017, 10:36 AM
If that's the case then good luck to him. He played a key part in one of our most important games of the season, thanks Chris.

NAE NOOKIE
12-05-2017, 10:37 AM
He looked like he could hit a decent delivery into the box .... it would have been interesting to see if he could have improved from what he showed in his few appearances ... good luck to him wherever he ends up.

iwasthere1972
12-05-2017, 10:39 AM
Confirmed

we are hibs
12-05-2017, 10:41 AM
Some lf the comments on here...

if the comments were about someone like Harris there would be an uproar on here :rolleyes:

the guy came in, was impressive on his debut and helped win us a game that was probably a turning point in our season. Got unlucky with an injury. Don't see why it's difficult just to wish him the best rather than having sly digs at him.

DH1875
12-05-2017, 10:50 AM

if the comments were about someone like Harris there would be an uproar on here :rolleyes:

the guy came in, was impressive on his debut and helped win us a game that was probably a turning point in our season. Got unlucky with an injury. Don't see why it's difficult just to wish him the best rather than having sly digs at him.

100% agree with all of this :agree:

The_Horde
12-05-2017, 10:54 AM
Best/quickest days are behind him. We can probably get better. Cheers for Utd though big guy!

Congruence
12-05-2017, 10:54 AM
100% agree with all of this :agree:

:thumbsup:

hibsbollah
12-05-2017, 10:55 AM
That Dundee Utd game I really thought we had a player. Shame it didn't work out but good luck to him.

hibbydog
12-05-2017, 11:34 AM

Excellent post

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-05-2017, 12:01 PM
Shame that he took a sore one early on in his time with us. What he did show, albeit briefly, was what you can do with pace and width and a player with the confidence to go and beat his man.

I am perhaps looking at this upside down but if the boss doesn't think that Humphrey is good enough to make a serious attempt to keep a hold of him, I think that is a fantastic statement about the quality player he is looking for.

Edinburgh Green
12-05-2017, 12:03 PM

Where's the sly digs?

cabbageandribs1875
12-05-2017, 12:07 PM
good luck to the gadgy

Lago
12-05-2017, 12:20 PM
:top marks

overdrive
12-05-2017, 12:30 PM
I am perhaps looking at this upside down but if the boss doesn't think that Humphrey is good enough to make a serious attempt to keep a hold of him, I think that is a fantastic statement about the quality player he is looking for.

Or maybe Lennon was wanting to hold onto him but he wanted to go back down South. His time out the team was partly to do with personal issues, so that may be why he wants to return to England.

I suspect it is a bit of both - he was keen to move back South and we weren't fussed either way to keep him if we can get similar or better in.

12-05-2017, 01:08 PM
That Dundee Utd game I really thought we had a player. Shame it didn't work out but good luck to him.

I thought his pace and delivery was better than Boyles. However not being available for selection for a variety reasons makes it easy to say farewell and good luck.
It is though necessary to replace with some else possessing similar skills.

Dashing Bob S
12-05-2017, 01:13 PM
All the best to him.

Hibeewilly
12-05-2017, 03:04 PM
Yes - all the best Chris

ChicagoHibee
12-05-2017, 03:13 PM
I was looking forward to using him on Fifa aswell 😣

:aok:

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2017, 06:37 PM
Great debut, but very little afterwards due to injury. He looked a bit heavier than the Humphrey i remembered from Motherwell, and certainly not as quick as i remembered him either.

Good luck to all those who have left.