PDA

View Full Version : Potential starting XI 2017-2018

Unseen work
11-05-2017, 11:03 PM
How do we think/want us to line up come the opening day of the season based on rumours etc.

Personally for me I can see us going for the Chelsea/Tottenham style of 352

Marciano

Mcgregor Ambrose Hanlon

Whittikar Bartley. Mcginn Stevenson

Swanson. Stokes

Cummings

I can't imagine us keeping Mcginn and Cummings unfortunately, but the future looks very promising.

When you think that doesn't include guys like

Fyvie
Boyle
Mcgeouch
SDG

Sir David Gray
11-05-2017, 11:08 PM
Why won't we keep McGinn or Cummings?

Unseen work
11-05-2017, 11:10 PM
Why won't we keep McGinn or Cummings?

Personally think bids will come in that the players/club can't refuse.

Also struggle to see us affording the guys we are linked with without selling at least one.

houstonhibbee
12-05-2017, 12:00 AM
Personally think bids will come in that the players/club can't refuse.

Also struggle to see us affording the guys we are linked with without selling at least one.

add Maloney and Henderson if we lose one of JC/ SJM

Brubble1875
12-05-2017, 07:49 AM
Rodgers

Whittaker McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

Mallan McGinn

Swanson Maloney/Sibbald Stokes

Boyce

IberianHibernian
12-05-2017, 10:06 AM
Rodgers

Mallan McGinn

Boyce Looks good though 7 new players may take time to settle . Good to see Mallan and Sibbald in team since most rumours seem to be about older players .

Speedway
12-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Marciano

Whittaker
Ambrose
McGregor
Mulgrew

Swanson
Hendo
McGinn
Commons

Stokes
Cummings

RossScott1991
12-05-2017, 10:17 AM
4.2.3.1 formation for me. Personally think Stevenson and Gray are better when asked to defend rather than be wingbacks. Sign stokes and have him on that left position he tore the rangers apart from !

also gives flexibility of moving up top with cummings and mcginn filling in on left

Rocky

Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

Bartley Mcginn - CMs

Swanson Henderson Stokes - Attacker, can roam about move throughout game

Cummings

Subs:
Laidlaw
Whittaker
Ambrose
Boyce
Boyle

One can dream !

The Leith Dutch
12-05-2017, 10:35 AM
Rodgers

Mallan McGinn

Boyce

Really like that formation.

Also personally really keen on Mallan but I think he'd be in a more advanced role no? Probably where you have Maloney/Sibbald.

I'd probably have Bartley where you currently have Mallan - I think McGinn + Bartley would boss that bit of the field nicely at SPL level.

Tamhere1875
12-05-2017, 10:38 AM
We can but dream of players we would like to see at Easter Road but 9 times out of 10 it will not happen.

IAmLee
12-05-2017, 10:41 AM
Rodgers

Mallan McGinn

Boyce

Mallan would struggle in that position. Was played there for Saints in the first half of the season and was terrible!! Needs to be where you put Sibbald/Maloney. Would rather we went for Morgan from St mirren, he can play right across the three behind the striker & is pacy, tricky and knows where the goal is! He's only scored one less than Mallan who takes the free kicks and penalties (he does have 6 less assists though). I agree with you in that we need to go for some younger players as well as the older ones we're being linked with!

The Leith Dutch
12-05-2017, 11:48 AM
We can but dream of players we would like to see at Easter Road but 9 times out of 10 it will not happen.

TBF - I think most of the suggestions are realistic.

The only one that keeps cropping up that isn't is Griffiths - he'd cost a transfer fee, he's in the early prime of his career and we're not even remotely in the right ballpark wage wise.

I have a feeling Stokes may be pushing it on wages also but I get the impression he's perceived as coming with baggage that rules out a lot of the teams who could pay more so maybe in with a shout, he's a cruicial couple of years older and there's no transfer fee.

The other players I'm seeing talked about are either young players who play for clubs where Hibs would be seen as a step up or older players who either have an association with the club or our manager.

.Sean.
12-05-2017, 11:59 AM
At the risk of sounding daft who is Rodgers?

Craig_HFC
12-05-2017, 12:01 PM
At the risk of sounding daft who is Rodgers?

Falkirk 'keeper on loan from Aberdeen.

MWHIBBIES
12-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Really don't want McGinn and Bartley as our central 2, saw last weekend how poor and limited both can be without

McGinn - someone to take the ball from the defence and give it forward to him to get him drive forward and create.
Marv - Someone to take the ball from him and move it forward.

I'd always have Fyvie/McGeouch alongside them or Marv dropped.

The difference in our midfield between the Ayr game and the St Mirren game was frightening just without Fyvie. When he came on we looked much more fluid.

McGinns best games for Hibs (St Johnstone semi being his best IMO) were alongside Fyvie and McGeouch.

Galahibby
12-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Has Whittaker not signed for the Zombies?

scoopyboy
12-05-2017, 12:46 PM
Really don't want McGinn and Bartley as our central 2, saw last weekend how poor and limited both can be without

McGinn - someone to take the ball from the defence and give it forward to him to get him drive forward and create.

The difference in our midfield between the Ayr game and the St Mirren game was frightening just without Fyvie. When he came on we looked much more fluid.

McGinns best games for Hibs (St Johnstone semi being his best IMO) were alongside Fyvie and McGeouch.

I agree, Cup Final being another

stantonhibby
12-05-2017, 12:49 PM
I agree, Cup Final being another

Don't disagree but thought Fyvie was the pick of the midfield that day.

IAmLee
12-05-2017, 12:50 PM

I couldn't agree more with post. For me Bartley is only good against teams where we'll have less of the ball. The thought of him playing beside McGinn (or in a 2 with any of our central mids to be honest!) against the likes of Hamilton at home gives me the fear!

Lee Marvin
12-05-2017, 03:32 PM
Marciano

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

McGinn Mulgrew

Boyle Maloney Swanson

Stokes

calumhibee1
12-05-2017, 03:42 PM
Rocky

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

McGinn McGeough

Swanson Mallan Stokes

Cummings

The Leith Dutch
12-05-2017, 04:27 PM

If we can get him fit and keep him fit it will be superb as I think that just about any formation I could think of putting out would be improved by having him as one of the midfielders.

.Sean.
12-05-2017, 04:28 PM
Falkirk 'keeper on loan from Aberdeen.
Cheers, hadn't seen him linked. What's the story is he a free agent? He's highly rated it seems so I'd be surprised if the sheep****gers were happy to let him come to us.

Craig_HFC
12-05-2017, 04:33 PM
Cheers, hadn't seen him linked. What's the story is he a free agent? He's highly rated it seems so I'd be surprised if the sheep****gers were happy to let him come to us.

No idea to be honest!

Would much rather keep Rocky.