PDA

View Full Version : Stevenson: I don't Believe it!

Hi Heid Yin
10-05-2017, 05:11 PM
Yep, after all these years of moaning about our left back and being one of his regular critics, I am now in the pro-Stevenson camp.
He has simply won me over with his consistency, his great attitude and his professionalism. He is a solid pro.
I look forward to him continuing as our regular left back next season, but hope at the same time that Lennon gets in a player of equal worth to challenge him for that coveted place. Can't allow Lewis to get complacent.:greengrin

JohnM1875
10-05-2017, 05:14 PM
Yep, after all these years of moaning about our left back and being one of his regular critics, I am now in the pro-Stevenson camp.
He has simply won me over with his consistency, his great attitude and his professionalism. He is a solid pro.
I look forward to him continuing as our regular left back next season, but hope at the same time that Lennon gets in a player of equal worth to challenge him for that coveted place. Can't allow Lewis to get complacent.:greengrin

I've always loved Lewis. Can't believe the amount of stick he gets off fans. But, everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess. One of the things I admire most about him as he hasn't had healthy competition for a good while now and not once has his consistency dropped. You can tell he gives absolutely everything for the club! So, welcome to the pro-Stevenson camp! Haha

lucky
10-05-2017, 05:18 PM
My favorite player simply because he rarely has a bad game. Looking forward to his testimonial game to allow Hibs supporters show our appreciation to a Scottish and League cup winner. The only Hibs player in our history to do it

hibee_girl
10-05-2017, 05:41 PM

Welcome to the fan club :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
10-05-2017, 05:43 PM
At last, at last, at last, what kept you Lennon's Lip...

10-05-2017, 05:44 PM
Lewis over the years has taken more than his fair share of criticism, some of it justified but he for many he was used as a scapegoat.

He's a model pro, works his arse off every single game without fail. I recall him doing an interview a couple of years ago and he said that in the past he's worked in hibs teams and his team mates gave him stick for staying behind at training and putting the extra work in. Just shows you the kind of attitude of the players we used to have. Lazy, uninterested no-marks that thought working hard was something unusual - the very reason we ended up relegated was because we had players like that! Lewis was one of the very few (and i mean VERY few) players that was in that relegation that got out with some dignity left.

Delighted Lewis has signed a new contract :flag:

Ronniekirk
10-05-2017, 06:03 PM
Whats happened to his testimonial Putting it back two years
The Guy deserves one and something Special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
10-05-2017, 06:40 PM
His first touch is sublime.

Winston Ingram
10-05-2017, 06:44 PM
:not worthLewis

madabouthibs
10-05-2017, 07:15 PM
Love the wee guy, never get less than 100% from him and he's never injured even though he goes in for some crunching tackles.
I think we'll see his best years the next two seasons.
I also think our managers need to realise his strength is as a defensive left back rather than a full on by-line wing back.

jacomo
10-05-2017, 07:18 PM
Delighted Lewis has signed a new contract.

How many managers is that now that have recognised his worth??

O'Rourke3
10-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Delighted Lewis has signed a new contract.

How many managers is that now that have recognised his worth??

About 25 but there are still those out there that question.....

yerauldda
10-05-2017, 07:25 PM
Thought about it a lot the last couple of days.. I reckon since December he was by far and away our best player. He was genuinely excellent in the second half of the season. He's come on leaps and bounds the last 3 years.

Big_Franck
10-05-2017, 08:07 PM
Thought about it a lot the last couple of days.. I reckon since December he was by far and away our best player. He was genuinely excellent in the second half of the season. He's come on leaps and bounds the last 3 years.

I'd say McGregor has been our best player since December but Lewis isn't far behind for me. Happy he's signed a 2 year contract but still hope we sign a more attacking left back as well.

Shrekko
10-05-2017, 08:45 PM
His first touch is sublime.

You can give him the ball in any position and he'll protect it- he's a joy to watch at times. He actually misplaced a pass or two on Saturday and I could hardly remember the last time it had happened which says it all really!

We probably do need competition in the full back areas but they'll need to be damn good if they expect any game time!

Alex Trager
10-05-2017, 08:53 PM
Lewis over the years has taken more than his fair share of criticism, some of it justified but he for many he was used as a scapegoat.

He's a model pro, works his arse off every single game without fail. I recall him doing an interview a couple of years ago and he said that in the past he's worked in hibs teams and his team mates gave him stick for staying behind at training and putting the extra work in. Just shows you the kind of attitude of the players we used to have. Lazy, uninterested no-marks that thought working hard was something unusual - the very reason we ended up relegated was because we had players like that! Lewis was one of the very few (and i mean VERY few) players that was in that relegation that got out with some dignity left.

Delighted Lewis has signed a new contract :flag:

He was actually talking about the Collins era.
The time when he broke through.

Hi Heid Yin
10-05-2017, 08:55 PM
At last, at last, at last, what kept you Lennon's Lip...

I'm just stubborn!!:greengrin

Skol
10-05-2017, 08:55 PM
A bit on the fence with this one.

I had high hopes for Lewis when he broke through and he seemed to be a DM and played well in the 2007 CIS final

He is a competent full back defensively, bit all to often is the weak link going forward. Makes himself available, but doesnt have the pace or ability to beat his man. He does get the occassional great ball in, but for me has the wrong body shape and mostly get his cross balls in at the wrong angle

Lennon does seem to have asked much less of him in an attacking sense which suits him and plays to his strengths. However, in the SPL we will need options going forward and that isnt Lewis

bigwheel
10-05-2017, 08:57 PM
My favourite player too. Not saying he's the best , but for application , professionalism, ethics and team work - the perfect Hibs man. Delighted he is staying

Stantons Angel
10-05-2017, 10:23 PM

I had high hopes for Lewis when he broke through and he seemed to be a DM and played well in the 2007 CIS final

He is a competent full back defensively, bit all to often is the weak link going forward. Makes himself available, but doesnt have the pace or ability to beat his man. He does get the occassional great ball in, but for me has the wrong body shape and mostly get his cross balls in at the wrong angle

Lennon does seem to have asked much less of him in an attacking sense which suits him and plays to his strengths. However, in the SPL we will need options going forward and that isnt Lewis

I guess there always has to be one to spoil the party!

Occasionally there is a posting that says something good about Lewis and his contribution to the team and to the recent success that we have had.
then there is always someone who pulls it down..... Every manager he has had has played him in their teams. He is our longest serving player and in his testimonial year.

He is a top pro player and gives everything to the jersey and the club and a more humble guy you will never meet!

Lets give him a post and let him have a wee bit praise please!

Unseen work
10-05-2017, 10:28 PM
He is an absolute legend.

Has anyone every heard the slightest thing negative about him? Attitude or meeting him? I certainly haven't.

i met him when I was about 17 and he couldn't have been nicer, stood and spoke to me for a good 5 minutes even when I'm sure I was drunk and probably annoying him :greengrin

He never seems to get outplayed by a winger, of all the years Iv watched him there's not many times I can think he's had a stinker.

The worst thing about him is probably that he is that fit/professional/hard working/nice guy that people seem to forget/not realise just how good a player he is.

I love Lewis.

jacomo
10-05-2017, 10:45 PM

But if he never got forward how would he score his occasional goal? :wink:

One of them - that 16 pass move v Rangers - one of my favourite goals ever!

FilipinoHibs
10-05-2017, 11:11 PM
Love the way he cuts inside stepping in the accelerator. Got that back again with his confidence up

Dunbar Hibee
10-05-2017, 11:13 PM
Love the guy so much. Mr Hibs.

monktonharp
10-05-2017, 11:55 PM

Lennon does seem to have asked much less of him in an attacking sense which suits him and plays to his strengths. However, in the SPL we will need options going forward and that isnt LewisSorry to disagree, but this man has done virtually it all with Hibernian. won a LC Medal, then a SC Medal, and also a Championship Medal albeit a lower league medal. Nae Hibernian football player can boast that, this century, or virtually last century. the League cup was not there, in 1902 btw. I wanted this young man to move on probably 5 years ago but I am glad I was wrong. Delighted for him, and the fans. he has been there, for most games in the last 4 or 5 years not the best we have but one of the most consistant without a doubt. well done Lewis

Big L
11-05-2017, 12:14 AM
I've argued loads with anyone who criticised LS, great pro, always gives 100% and never hides. I still think he is better in midfield.

kaimendhibs
11-05-2017, 12:22 AM
Love Lewis. Brilliant left back.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jones28
11-05-2017, 05:50 AM
One of his main weaknesses IMO was his crossing ability. It really hampered his effectiveness in forward areas.

In the past few months his crossing has come on brilliantly, which is why he is a great pro and an example of what can be done if you are loyal to your club.

He saw a problem in his game and worked at it.

HFCdeb
11-05-2017, 06:13 AM
Love him. I've never questioned his commitment or dedication to the cause. I can't believe he gets stick. Hibs legend.

hibees 7062
11-05-2017, 11:58 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18301385_807459909403235_3779147849266025327_n.jpg ?oh=0177da8d2a037a98865e130e0139c700&oe=59838BAF

Nameless
12-05-2017, 04:43 AM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18301385_807459909403235_3779147849266025327_n.jpg ?oh=0177da8d2a037a98865e130e0139c700&oe=59838BAF
Good effort [emoji6]

lyonhibs
12-05-2017, 08:35 AM
The man's a ******g legend. Gone are the days when I thought we needed better than him to progress.

Where would we find a better, realistic, left back??

RossScott1991
12-05-2017, 09:54 AM
Mr Hibs. How anyone could dislike Lewis Stevenson is beyond me. 100% every game, rarely has a bad game. Love the guy. Hope he stays after age of 30+ the experience he will be able to pass on to the younger players will be immense. Legend.

Leithwalk
12-05-2017, 10:27 AM
Mr Hibs. How anyone could dislike Lewis Stevenson is beyond me. 100% every game, rarely has a bad game. Love the guy. Hope he stays after age of 30+ the experience he will be able to pass on to the younger players will be immense. Legend.

And the attitude.