PDA

View Full Version : Stokes

davym7062
10-05-2017, 04:22 PM
Heard today from someone at the golf that Neil Lennon meet with stokes today at lunchtime!! Hope it's true!

Hi Heid Yin
10-05-2017, 04:48 PM
Would love to see Stokesy back at Easter Road.
He is the quality that we will need if we are to seriously challenge at the top end of the SPL.

Callum_62
10-05-2017, 04:49 PM
He is the quality that we will need if we are to seriously challenge at the top end of the SPL.

Cummings out, Stokes in?

sleeping giant
10-05-2017, 04:53 PM
I seen a picture doing the rounds but it could have been from anytime.

Just Alf
10-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Heard today from someone at the golf that Neil Lennon meet with stokes today at lunchtime!! Hope it's true!
Was told the same in the pub after work this afternoon, 1. It was the pub and 2. He's involved with the Gorgie cake bakers so I thought he was winding me up.... Maybe not after all!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

sleeping giant
10-05-2017, 04:57 PM
The picture doing the rounds is from last summer.

Hi Heid Yin
10-05-2017, 04:58 PM
Cummings out, Stokes in?

I would be happy with that. The dosh from the Cummings sale will also be welcomed.

SeanWilson
10-05-2017, 05:11 PM

IMHO we were a Stokes away from doing Aberdeen in the semi.

houstonhibbee
10-05-2017, 05:39 PM
I dont see Stokes as the way forward. Apart from the Final and Inverness replay he didn't do much in the other games. Maybe Im missing something others see. Would prefer someone younger

Cod Boy
10-05-2017, 05:40 PM
I wonder if they went for lunch in Greggs

snooky
10-05-2017, 05:44 PM
Surprised no one has pegged the SCF 2016 the "Tarzan Cup Final"
i.e. GrayStokes :offski:

Hero76
10-05-2017, 05:51 PM
I dont see Stokes as the way forward. Apart from the Final and Inverness replay he didn't do much in the other games. Maybe Im missing something others see. Would prefer someone younger

His link up play was superb

Sweet Left Peg
10-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Anyone know how long Stokesy's contract at Blackburn is and if there is a relegation release clause?

10-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Would hope with a full pre-season he'd be able to settle in quicker. It's harder to come into a team halfway through a season and perform well when you've not been getting games, albeit it took longer than it should have.

Pete
10-05-2017, 05:55 PM

It's difficult because he was only here for a few months and was playing against teams who parked the bus. That won't be the case this time.

Stokes in, Cummings in.

Bishop Hibee
10-05-2017, 06:00 PM
Cummings is in Madrid this evening.

Hibernia&Alba
10-05-2017, 06:03 PM

Straight swap for Bale.

Ozyhibby
10-05-2017, 06:04 PM

Cummings in, Bale out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoltonHibee
10-05-2017, 06:04 PM
Anyone know how long Stokesy's contract at Blackburn is and if there is a relegation release clause?

He signed a 3 year deal last summer with Blackburn

jacomo
10-05-2017, 06:06 PM
He signed a 3 year deal last summer with Blackburn

They've just been relegated.

All things are possible although I'd be surprised to see Stokes back at Hibs.

BoltonHibee
10-05-2017, 06:10 PM
They've just been relegated.

All things are possible although I'd be surprised to see Stokes back at Hibs.

Blackburn will be looking to clear a lot out after relegation and I'm sure he will be top of the list. A pay off would work well for him

Allant1981
10-05-2017, 06:12 PM

sorry but thats just rubbish, he was good in a lot of games, people were expecting a barrel load of goals and couldnt see past that

Hi Heid Yin
10-05-2017, 06:12 PM
Blackburn will be looking to clear a lot out after relegation and I'm sure he will be top of the list. A pay off would work well for him

Fingers crossed this is the case and he is then free to come to us

snooky
10-05-2017, 06:17 PM
Cummings in, Bale out.

Real Madrid Bale out - just like the He'rts?

Slavoj Zizek
10-05-2017, 06:18 PM
sorry but thats just rubbish, he was good in a lot of games, people were expecting a barrel load of goals and couldnt see past that

Well said.

Always loved the boy.

Lots of ifs, buts and coconuts going on here.

I'll believe it when our fishul website formally announces it.

HibsNutter
10-05-2017, 06:20 PM
Cummings out, Stokes in?

How about - here's a totally outrageous thought - we show ambition and try to bring in quality players, such as Stokes, to complement the quality players we have already at the club, e.g. Cummings?

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2017, 06:21 PM

How would that sit with his issues? :wink:

WeeRussell
10-05-2017, 06:23 PM
How about - here's a totally outrageous thought - we show ambition and try to bring in quality players, such as Stokes, to complement the quality players we have already at the club, e.g. Cummings?

I'm sure the poster was simply speculating that he may be lined up for the pending departure of Cummings.. if that is what's happening with jase. We'd all love to see them both here.. well apart from those that buy-into the myth they can't play together.

Just Alf
10-05-2017, 06:24 PM
Would hope with a full pre-season he'd be able to settle in quicker. It's harder to come into a team halfway through a season and perform well when you've not been getting games, albeit it took longer than it should have.
Remember though, just as he was getting into it he did his back in which put him back 3-4 weeks then coming out of that he got hit with that flu thing for a couple of weeks that the team came down with.
All had an impact.

houstonhibbee
10-05-2017, 06:33 PM
It's my opinion that's all. Not expecting universal agreement. Can understand folk defending him but wasn't as good as the first time around for me.

silverhibee
10-05-2017, 06:34 PM
How would that sit with his issues? :wink:

Is it true he hasn't played any football for Blackburn since last August, what are the issues. :greengrin

Winston Ingram
10-05-2017, 06:43 PM

I agree that he was terrible in the league but I think that was more down to the fact he struggled playing against the 2 banks of 5 that most teams played.

He did much better in the bigger games v teams that wanted to play football.

guthrie01
10-05-2017, 06:48 PM
When Stokes was fully fit towards the end of last season he was our best player and I would love to see him playing in a Hibs top again.

However his mental state is my concern, he has had a tough year with the Elvis court case and the leaked videos of his private life. Mowbray said he needs to sort himself out, if he has done and looking to join us then I would be the first one to belt out "Stokey's on fire" !

10-05-2017, 06:50 PM
Remember though, just as he was getting into it he did his back in which put him back 3-4 weeks then coming out of that he got hit with that flu thing for a couple of weeks that the team came down with.
All had an impact.

Good point.

Thankfully he hit top form at the perfect time. Would love to see him join us, it's a funny one though, just like if we were to sign Henderson, I don't think either of them will ever play for a club where they'd be as popular with the fans as they would be here. Time for heroes to come home.

007 Mickey Weir
10-05-2017, 06:55 PM
I think he will see out his contract at Blackburn. After the court case he has a huge fine to pay and also rumours of gambling debt. The larger salary will be very important I expect

10-05-2017, 07:01 PM
I think he will see out his contract at Blackburn. After the court case he has a huge fine to pay and also rumours of gambling debt. The larger salary will be very important I expect

You could well be right but a decent payoff from Blackburn might allow him to clear all his debts and start afresh elsewhere. Somewhere where he'd get regular football and he could just focus on that and put his issues behind him.

Winston Ingram
10-05-2017, 07:26 PM

They'll likely have a relegation clause in his contract which would slash his wage.

.Sean.
10-05-2017, 08:04 PM
I think he's an absolute stick-on to end up back here

Pete70
10-05-2017, 08:55 PM
Come home Stokesy, you know it makes sense. :thumbsup:

A fit Stokes with a full pre season training under his belt would certainly improve our forward line.

heretoday
10-05-2017, 09:02 PM
Stokes was a very frustrating player a lot of the time. Fans questioned his commitment. This was pre-cup final of course!

sleeping giant
10-05-2017, 09:04 PM
It's my opinion that's all. Not expecting universal agreement. Can understand folk defending him but wasn't as good as the first time around for me.

Done it when it mattered most.

BoltonHibee
10-05-2017, 09:07 PM
They'll likely have a relegation clause in his contract which would slash his wage.

Yes that could be the case. Maybe negotiate a payoff ( but not large) and a signing on fee from us ( again not large) but enough to sort him out

10-05-2017, 09:10 PM
Guaranteed to play lots of football at a team he knows he'd slot into no problem and has played at before (with excellent training facilities), playing for a manager he's played under before, fans will welcome him with open arms and he's already a legend. He should want to play for us for free.

Sir David Gray
10-05-2017, 09:27 PM
It was only a few weeks ago that Tony Mowbray advised that Stokes hadn't been playing for Blackburn recently because he was suffering from personal issues. I would like to make sure that this is all behind him before agreeing to any deal.

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-05-2017, 09:40 PM
Would love to see Stokesy back at the club.

Imo him and Jason just did not work as a pairing. He played better with Keatings I felt. If Jason does move on we could do a lot worse than bring in Stokesy. A player who has consistently scored goals in the Scottish premiership

ancient hibee
10-05-2017, 09:51 PM
Has hardly played this season and didn't play much the season before.Not for me thanks.

Mikey09
10-05-2017, 09:58 PM
Stokes and Boyce. Aye.:agree:

10-05-2017, 11:53 PM
Has hardly played this season and didn't play much the season before.Not for me thanks.
I would prefer to remember him as a hero of 21/05/16.
If he was to come back I fear he would ruin that memory because he would not achieve the same level of performance as that day and I don't think he will overcome his personal issues which seem to have bugged him most of his career.

theonlywayisup
11-05-2017, 06:22 AM
Stoke's performance on the 21st May 2016 has to go down as one of the best ever performances from a Hibs striker that I've ever seen.

Others, maybe, have played as well, but certainly not a game of such magnitude.

Haymaker
11-05-2017, 06:26 AM
Stoke's performance on the 21st May 2016 has to go down as one of the best ever performances from a Hibs striker that I've ever seen.

Benji in the 07 final

JimBHibees
11-05-2017, 06:27 AM
Quality player and was key to our biggest win ever and has worked under the manager before who got him playing really well. No brainer

mentalhibee
11-05-2017, 08:10 AM

I agree mate, he was on 🔥!

Ozyhibby
11-05-2017, 08:17 AM
Spend a lot of time in Edinburgh as it is, might as well sign for the Hibees.

Hermit Crab
11-05-2017, 09:50 AM
You gotta love the close season on this place. :greengrin

Lancs Harp
11-05-2017, 09:52 AM
You gotta love the close season on this place. :greengrin

Every message board of every Club the length of Britain is the same.

Top entertainment :greengrin

1van Sprou7e
11-05-2017, 09:56 AM
4-3-3 with Stokes on the left and Boyle on the right, might as well just hand us 2nd place now :greengrin

Diclonius
11-05-2017, 10:09 AM
Stokes would be an adequate replacement for Cummings.

makaveli1875
11-05-2017, 10:29 AM
Stokes would be an adequate replacement for Cummings.

stokes is a far better player than cummings , id be happy with him as a replacement

JimBHibees
11-05-2017, 10:30 AM
stokes is a far better player than cummings , id be happy with him as a replacement

Is he a far better goal scorer though?

Keyser Sauzee
11-05-2017, 10:34 AM
Is he a far better goal scorer though?

Quick check on wiki shows he has scored 99 goals in 201 games in Scotland, the vast majority of those goals scored in a better league so I think there is an arguement to suggest he is a better goal scorer. I'm no advocating selling Cummings but if we get good money for him and stokes as a replacement I think it would a good deal for all parties.

SirDavidsNapper
11-05-2017, 10:35 AM

It will grow arms and legs as the years go on too. It will be the most complete performance by a player in the club's history in a few years 😂 to be fair I'm glad I was there to witness it.

matty_f
11-05-2017, 10:42 AM
Stokes is a better player than Cummings, imho. If we were to see Jason go and Stokes come in then I'd see that as a positive move.

Baker9
11-05-2017, 10:49 AM
Surprised no one has pegged the SCF 2016 the "Tarzan Cup Final"
i.e. GrayStokes :offski:

Just logged in to this post and was surprised to see absolutely no reaction to your Tarzan Cup Final. Made me smile, so well done, and don't give up.

WeeRussell
11-05-2017, 11:43 AM
Stokes is a better player than Cummings, imho. If we were to see Jason go and Stokes come in then I'd see that as a positive move.

Would agree Stokes is the better footballer. Obviously Cummings is a good bit younger with a lot of potential on his side. But in terms of a direct playing replacement, I would be happy provided we were making money out of the move.. which we would be.

Wouldn't it be nice if the half-rumour was true.

:aok:

11-05-2017, 11:52 AM
It will grow arms and legs as the years go on too. It will be the most complete performance by a player in the club's history in a few years 😂 to be fair I'm glad I was there to witness it.

I watched Joe Baker score 4 goals in a 4 - 3 victory against the Jambos at Tynecastle in the 57/58 season.
Nothing Stokes has done or could do will come anywhere near that achievement.

ekhibee
11-05-2017, 12:01 PM
Much as I'd like Stokes to come back to Hibs, I still think the question of wages is just as relevant here as it is for any other player we might be considering signing from either England or the OF. We have a wage structure in place, no matter what amount of money we get for the likes of Cummings or McGinn if they were to leave. Unless there are plans to change it, bottom line is we'd be asking any of those targets to take quite a hefty cut in wages, so the chances of getting them must be really slim, at best. I'm afraid I don't really buy into the player signing because he was a boyhood fan or because he liked working with Lennon in the past, not if it means a big cut in wages. Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see it happening.

3pm
11-05-2017, 12:07 PM
I am not that fussed about Stokes.

hibee316
11-05-2017, 12:13 PM
I watched Joe Baker score 4 goals in a 4 - 3 victory against the Jambos at Tynecastle in the 57/58 season.

Was that in Scottish Cup Final?

WeeRussell
11-05-2017, 12:16 PM

Ach Mark De Vries scored 4 in an Edinburgh derby - it's nothing :greengrin

I prefer what Stokesy done any day of the week. :na na:

Albanian Hibs
11-05-2017, 12:20 PM

Are you being serious? A scottish cup final v a run of the mill derby match? De vries scored 4 for hertz against us in one game, is that better than Stokes?

BegbieHSC
11-05-2017, 01:28 PM
Lenny and Stokes been pictured together today in Dublin.
Maybe this yin does have legs...

Scouse Hibee
11-05-2017, 01:33 PM

Joe Baker :confused: Never heard of him.

Heard of Stokesy though, in fact seen him on fire once. :na na:

GreenCastle
11-05-2017, 01:39 PM
Stokes v Cummings..

Cummings has impressive stats - scored against several Prem teams already and loves scoring against Hearts.

Stokes has achieved more on his career - is he still as motivated ? Could he replace Cummings goals..I'm not sure..

Ideally both would be nice to have once again! But then can they play alongside each other in Lennons style..and will Lennon change his still now in different league ? Target man whoever that may be and someone who runs off him.

JimBHibees
11-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Joe Baker :confused: Never heard of him.

Heard of Stokesy though, in fact seen him on fire once. :na na:

Burn the witch. :greengrin

11-05-2017, 02:21 PM
Was that in Scottish Cup Final?

No but it was a Scottish Cup quarter final in a year when the Jambos were strolling to the league championship, which made it an impressive win and an outstanding performance by a young teenage player.
theonlywayisup commented that Stokes performance was the best performance ever seen by a Hibs striker and I was really replying to that.
As I commented earlier I would rather remember Stokes as a hero of 21/05/1944.
I think a number of posters are over looking the fact that Stokes was less than average in many games he played for us last time around until it came to the final.
I would suggest he was highly motivated to do well that day because he was playing the Huns and he probably saw it as his last chance to win a medal.
I think on balance that we can recruit better than him for next season.

lapsedhibee
11-05-2017, 02:44 PM
theonlywayisup commented that Stokes performance was the best performance ever seen by a Hibs striker
:tsk tsk: Oh no he didn't.

Brightside
11-05-2017, 02:54 PM

no they've no

GordonHFC
11-05-2017, 03:10 PM
no they've no

Old Photie ?

Billychaotic182
11-05-2017, 03:25 PM
no they've no

There is a photo of them on the daily record

BullsCloseHibs
11-05-2017, 03:29 PM
Stokes is legend.
Take him back in a green heart beat 😊

Dashing Bob S
11-05-2017, 03:33 PM

Said the same when I saw Murray in court.

Ray_
11-05-2017, 03:34 PM
No but it was a Scottish Cup quarter final in a year when the Jambos were strolling to the league championship, which made it an impressive win and an outstanding performance by a young teenage player.
theonlywayisup commented that Stokes performance was the best performance ever seen by a Hibs striker and I was really replying to that.
I think a number of posters are over looking the fact that Stokes was less than average in many games he played for us last time around until it came to the final.
I would suggest he was highly motivated to do well that day because he was playing the Huns and he probably saw it as his last chance to win a medal.

We got beat by Clyde in the final & that is why Stoke's display will always remain the most important, no matter how much we feel about Joe Baker.

I would also say that his two goals in the Nou Camp was a even bigger part of Hibs history than his four goals at Tynie, as putting Barcelona out of Europe has always been one of our clubs most outstanding achievements.

Sadly I only saw a shadow of the great player, on his return in January 71, but he will always be regarded in the same level as the famous five & Pat Stanton in the eyes of Hibs fans, particularly ones from that generation.

SRHibs
11-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Picture is old. It's a different angle of the one someone posted the other day (which was apparently from last summer).

Diclonius
11-05-2017, 03:42 PM
2 goals in first cup final win in 114 years > 4 goals against Hearts at Tynecastle.

It's probably about the only thing that could eclipse that, but it still stands.

Ray_
11-05-2017, 03:58 PM
2 goals in first cup final win in 114 years > 4 goals against Hearts at Tynecastle.

It's probably about the only thing that could eclipse that, but it still stands.

I would say that it was likely the best ever hearts team and JB was only 17 at the time, but no matter how superb it was, it never brought us a trophy. I remember the 7-0 game, we were that superior back then, it wasn't anywhere near as important as it became later, beating Celtic in the league cup final, three weeks earlier, was far bigger, as it was our first major trophy since the early fifties.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2017, 04:12 PM
Said the same when I saw Murray in court.

:faf:

11-05-2017, 04:28 PM

Time For War Heroes :greengrin

11-05-2017, 04:51 PM
Time For War Heroes :greengrin

Oops!! I think you know what I meant.

11-05-2017, 05:02 PM
:tsk tsk: Oh no he didn't.

Agreed. What he said it was one of the best performances he had ever seen.
JBs performance was THE best performance I have ever seen by a Hibs forward in terms of ability and skill and I was at Hampden last May.
Presumably those who watched the famous five in their prime will have stories to tell as well.

1van Sprou7e
11-05-2017, 05:07 PM
Oops!! I think you know what I meant.

Lol, how do you get 1944 and 2016 mixed up??

ancient hibee
11-05-2017, 05:15 PM
I would say that it was likely the best ever hearts team and JB was only 17 at the time, but no matter how superb it was, it never brought us a trophy. I remember the 7-0 game, we were that superior back then, it wasn't anywhere near as important as it became later, beating Celtic in the league cup final, three weeks earlier, was far bigger, as it was our first major trophy since the early fifties.

It's bit of a myth that Hearts didn't have a good team in 1973.Obviously they were nowhere near as good as the team Baker scored 4 against but at the time of the derby they were 4 points behind us and had only lost about 4 goals in the league at home.

Ray_
11-05-2017, 06:24 PM
It's bit of a myth that Hearts didn't have a good team in 1973.Obviously they were nowhere near as good as the team Baker scored 4 against but at the time of the derby they were 4 points behind us and had only lost about 4 goals in the league at home.

I didn't think they were that bad at all, they more than held their own against English opposition in the Texaco Cup, beating Everton at Goodison the following season. They also got to the final the previous season, where Wolves beat them 3-1 on aggregate and Wolves had some great players then.

They weren't at same level as Hibs were though, few teams were and there was quite a gulf between the respective clubs during 72/3, as the scoreline demonstrated.

Even although both clubs deteriorated after that season, I think hearts only beat us twice in the seventies

Sammy7nil
11-05-2017, 06:36 PM
I didn't think they were that bad at all, they more than held their own against English opposition in the Texaco Cup, beating Everton at Goodison the following season. They also got to the final the previous season, where Wolves beat them 3-1 on aggregate and Wolves had some great players then.

They weren't at same level as Hibs were though, few teams were and there was quite a gulf between the respective clubs during 72/3, as the scoreline demonstrated.

Even although both clubs deteriorated after that season, I think hearts only beat us twice in the seventies

Hearts beat Hibs 4 - 1 the next time they met

Ray_
11-05-2017, 06:41 PM
Did Hearts not beat Hibs 4 - 0 the same season or the next?

The following season, 4-1, fluke result, one of the two wins in the seventies.

SirDavidsNapper
11-05-2017, 06:47 PM
The following season, 4-1 at ER, fluke result, one of the two wins in the seventies.

They beat us twice in the 70's? No wonder they seemed to have a chip on their shoulder with all this big team crap

Ozyhibby
11-05-2017, 07:21 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/anthony-stokes-returning-hibs-former-10401495

Hiber-nation
11-05-2017, 07:23 PM
The following season, 4-1 at ER, fluke result, one of the two wins in the seventies.

Why Turnbull played Roddy McKenzie that day I have no idea, he chucked 3 of them in.

JimBHibees
11-05-2017, 07:24 PM

4 1 at tynecastle Roddie Mackenzie had a mare think Shades scored an og.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2017, 07:26 PM
4 1 at tynecastle Roddie Mackenzie had a mare think Shades scored an og.

:agree: Shocking performance from the keeper, definitely tynecastle.

poolman
11-05-2017, 07:39 PM
:agree: Shocking performance from the keeper, definitely tynecastle.

Wasn't half a shocker by the keeper

Yes, Def PBS, September IIRC, bout 9 months after the new year massacre

edwards
11-05-2017, 07:50 PM
Fingers crossed we can sort something out and bring him in

Brightside
11-05-2017, 07:52 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/anthony-stokes-returning-hibs-former-10401495

They've created a story based on a guy putting up an old picture of Lennon and stokes. Newspapers really are dead as a media now.

Allant1981
11-05-2017, 08:03 PM
They've created a story based on a guy putting up an old picture of Lennon and stokes. Newspapers really are dead as a media now.

where was the photo posted if it was taken last year, not having a go just interested as a few people have said its an old photo

bingo70
11-05-2017, 08:12 PM
where was the photo posted if it was taken last year, not having a go just interested as a few people have said its an old photo

It's not an old photo.

Look at the guys twitter feed, there's literally no reason for him to tweet an old photo.

Brightside
11-05-2017, 08:16 PM
It's not an old photo.

Look at the guys twitter feed, there's literally no reason for him to tweet an old photo.

Neil Lennon didn't have a pint with stokes today.

Allant1981
11-05-2017, 08:17 PM

thats not what i asked

Allant1981
11-05-2017, 08:18 PM
It's not an old photo.

yip i had a look which is why i was interested to know how people know its an old photo

bingo70
11-05-2017, 08:19 PM

Prove it.

I've got photographic evidence he did 😂

Brightside
11-05-2017, 08:31 PM
Prove it.

He's maybe wearing exactly the same clothes that he had on when he was having a pint in Dublin in late May last year then. 😂

3pm
11-05-2017, 08:33 PM
He's maybe wearing exactly the same clothes that he had on when he was having a pint in Dublin in late May last year then. 😂

Stokes is still out on the piss after the cup final, it's possible.

Big L
11-05-2017, 08:47 PM
Prove it.

My info is that he was drinking wi Stokes today. I'm sure they were at at a golf do on Tuesday.

BarneyHibby
11-05-2017, 09:16 PM
Blackburn striker Anthony Stokes closing in on THIRD stint at Hibs as Celtic’s Efe Ambrose nears permanent deal.

By Kenny Millar
11th May 2017, 10:00 pm

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/993097/blackburn-striker-anthony-stokes-closing-in-on-third-stint-at-hibs-as-celtics-efe-ambrose-nears-permanent-deal/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-scotsunsport-_-Sport-_-TwImageandlink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER

Hope that's true :hyper :agree:

BoomtownHibees
11-05-2017, 09:21 PM
Blackburn striker Anthony Stokes closing in on THIRD stint at Hibs as Celtic’s Efe Ambrose nears permanent deal.

By Kenny Millar

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/993097/blackburn-striker-anthony-stokes-closing-in-on-third-stint-at-hibs-as-celtics-efe-ambrose-nears-permanent-deal/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-scotsunsport-_-Sport-_-TwImageandlink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER

Kenny Millar usually spot on with his Hibs info

supermcginn
11-05-2017, 09:33 PM

Incredible 👍👍👍🔥🔥🔥

Pete70
11-05-2017, 09:34 PM
I'd be delighted if we can secure Stokes & Ambrose on permanent deals.

These 2 signing along with Swanson and the 5 already announced this week as having renewed their contracts I think would be a real statement of intent by Hibs.

My guess is there may also be more coming in and perhaps one or two more leaving.

BarneyHibby
11-05-2017, 09:34 PM
Kenny Millar usually spot on with his Hibs infoYes, it is. He was a good journalist. Kenny's information is almost always accurate.

.Sean.
11-05-2017, 09:37 PM
If someone had told me 18 months ago I'd be doing cartwheels at seeing Stokes and Ambrose at Hibs, (thought Ambrose was humpty and had other reservations about Stokes) I'd have had you carted off.

Thank God football fans are fickle. What a bit of business, talk about a statement of intent.

JoeT_WasTheBest
11-05-2017, 09:37 PM
I'd be delighted if we can secure Stokes & Ambrose on permanent deals.

These 2 signing along with Swanson and the 5 already announced this week as having renewed their contracts I think would be a real statement of intent by Hibs.

My guess is there may also be more coming in and perhaps one or two more leaving.

I'm reading it as permanent for Ambrose but not Stokes? Might be wrong though.

Ozyhibby
11-05-2017, 09:38 PM
Yes, it is. He was a good journalist. Kenny's information is almost always accurate.

It's all about having good sources. [emoji6]

Pete70
11-05-2017, 09:42 PM
About Stokes the report says he "will be allowed to leave on a free transfer". I take that as being able to sign a permanent contract as opposed to a loan deal.

southsider
11-05-2017, 09:42 PM

He and all his family are huge Hibs fans if it who I think it is. They are from Campbellton, Argleshire.

PatHead
11-05-2017, 09:43 PM

:-) His brother has some great contacts in Easter Road.

Winston Ingram
11-05-2017, 09:53 PM
About Stokes the report says he "will be allowed to leave on a free transfer". I take that as being able to sign a permanent contract as opposed to a loan deal.

His wages will have been slashed with Blackburn's relegation. We'll likely be able to get a lot closer to what he'd be getting at Blackburn

BarneyHibby
11-05-2017, 09:54 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk100% True :agree:

Hope we sign Stoksey this summer. It's time to bring him home:not worth

AlbertK86
11-05-2017, 09:58 PM
He and all his family are huge Hibs fans if it who I think it is. They are from Campbellton, Argleshire.

It is

<CALayer: 0x472ee870>

Pedantic_Hibee
11-05-2017, 10:01 PM
Wow

pacorosssco
11-05-2017, 10:03 PM

Yes they thought were better than the hibs cowboys and ET used this as a motivation .

magpie1892
11-05-2017, 10:06 PM
His wages will have been slashed with Blackburn's relegation. We'll likely be able to get a lot closer to what he'd be getting at Blackburn

£13,000 a week. That's a big obstacle.

GreenNWhiteArmy
11-05-2017, 10:11 PM
Wow

Haha my reaction too

Please make it happen Hibees

southsider
11-05-2017, 10:15 PM
We may have to pay off 'Elvis'

TelaStella
11-05-2017, 10:51 PM
Really hope we pull this off. Loved Stokes in his first season here and sadly he's often forgotten for being the ruthless goal scorer he was. Never really worked out for him last season (despite cup final obviously) so I'd love to see him give it another proper go up here, with a bit of work I can see him becoming the Adam Rooney we've been missing. Could still do with a couple additions up front regardless however.

SteveHFC
11-05-2017, 11:47 PM
Time for a Stokesy gif thread :hyper

houstonhibbee
11-05-2017, 11:54 PM
Maloney, Stokes, Henderson, Ambrose..................that should shift a few more season tickets :wink:

bingo70
12-05-2017, 06:13 AM
Just noticed a tweet that Lennon was on Irish tv last night. Hopefully the link below works.

Lends weight to the possibility of that being a genuine picture of him with Stokes yesterday.

https://twitter.com/tv3sportireland/status/862331230041362434

jacomo
12-05-2017, 07:10 AM

By Kenny Millar

:hyper: :hyper:

(One for each).

I'm getting a bit giddy here, but Stokes third stint at Hibs could be the first time he's fully focused on Hibs and not elsewhere. And Ambrose is great.

neil7908
12-05-2017, 08:01 AM
Wow, signing Stokes and Ambrose with Swanson already done would be a huge statement of intent.

Another wide player and cover at left back and I'd be ecstatic!

SirDavidsNapper
12-05-2017, 08:03 AM
Might need to change my pants

calumhibee1
12-05-2017, 08:14 AM
Stokes, Ambrose, Swanson, Mulgrew or Whittaker and Hendo without losing anyone and we'd be able to give it a good go next year!

California-Hibs
12-05-2017, 09:56 AM
http://i.makeagif.com/media/5-12-2017/Ottbq0.gif (http://makeagif.com/gif/gary-oconnor-derek-riordan-talk-jason-cummings-scottish-cup-final-sportscene-may-21st-2016-Ottbq0)

ekhibee
12-05-2017, 10:02 AM
So it's all just speculation then.

California-Hibs
12-05-2017, 10:04 AM
So I may be a bit excited as I've just learned how to do 'GIFs' :greengrin Never thought I'd create one of myself, but this somewhat (in a much lower scale of course) displays what my reaction will be if we end up landing Stokes..

http://i.makeagif.com/media/5-12-2017/z6Lose.gif (http://makeagif.com/gif/a-hibs-fan-in-the-usa-watching-the-hibs-vs-rangers-scottish-cup-final-z6Lose)

RossScott1991
12-05-2017, 10:05 AM
Rocky

Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

Bartley McGinn

Swanson Henderson Stokes

Cummings

Treble next year!

Okay got abit excited and ahead of myself. IMAGINE haha

Andy74
12-05-2017, 10:12 AM
So it's all just speculation then.

Speculation from the brother of our communications manager.

connerg
12-05-2017, 10:14 AM
We'll have the league wrapped up by Christmas. :greengrin

Just Alf
12-05-2017, 10:16 AM
Speculation from the........ .

Oh. Oh... An avenue of info about to come to a halt

Andy74
12-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Oh. Oh... An avenue of info about to come to a halt

I think most people are aware who Colin and Kenny Millar are.

Sas_The_Hibby
12-05-2017, 10:21 AM
We'll have the league wrapped up by Christmas. :greengrin

:tsk tsk: You're supposed to say "we'll skoosh it"! :greengrin

iwasthere1972
12-05-2017, 10:28 AM
So I may be a bit excited as I've just learned how to do 'GIFs' :greengrin Never thought I'd create one of myself, but this somewhat (in a much lower scale of course) displays what my reaction will be if we end up landing Stokes..

http://i.makeagif.com/media/5-12-2017/z6Lose.gif (http://makeagif.com/gif/a-hibs-fan-in-the-usa-watching-the-hibs-vs-rangers-scottish-cup-final-z6Lose)

Good Gif. :aok:

I've watched your video as well. Magic. No hat but just magic.

Mango Man
12-05-2017, 10:29 AM

:thumbsup:Man, I've have shown your full video to so many folk, it perfectly captures the emotions of the last few minutes, brings a tear to the eye.

WHAM
12-05-2017, 10:34 AM
:thumbsup:Man, I've have shown your full video to so many folk, it perfectly captures the emotions of the last few minutes, brings a tear to the eye.

I'm the exact same as you mate. The video captures the crazy emotions we were all feeling.

1st time I watched it I couldn't hold back the tears 😭😭

connerg
12-05-2017, 10:48 AM
:tsk tsk: You're supposed to say "we'll skoosh it"! :greengrin

Sorry for being so uncool but i don't think we really "skooshed" the Championship! We won it with three games to go. :thumbsup:

We did skoosh the Scottish Cup replay though. :faf:

Keyser Sauzee
12-05-2017, 11:24 AM

Is there a link to the original video??

SirDavidsNapper
12-05-2017, 11:40 AM
On reading the news Stokes and Ambrose are signing https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170512/f34bd364c71dee533bc9ab391b24ae83.jpg

iwasthere1972
12-05-2017, 11:41 AM
Is there a link to the original video??

https://youtu.be/lO7NiMarN48

Albanian Hibs
12-05-2017, 11:45 AM

😂😂😂
Love it.

southsider
12-05-2017, 12:55 PM
We may have to pay off 'Elvis'
May not have too. 'Elvis's lawyer wanted Stokes jailed over non-payment off fine. Dublin judge threw it out and said it was a civil mater. Perhaps the judge was with the JC mob with the flag on Saturday.

Aldo
12-05-2017, 01:08 PM
I'm not fussed about Maloney tbh! We've got Swanson whose in a similar mould.

California-Hibs
12-05-2017, 01:17 PM

I see the similar mold although I'm not quite sure Swanson will go on to play and score in the English Premier League, as well as the national team scoring goals like Maloney did against Ireland.

Shaun Maloney would be a fantastic signing for us.

SteveHFC
12-05-2017, 01:20 PM

Brilliant mate 😂.

Big L
12-05-2017, 01:46 PM
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but if he finds another club he is free to go. Well worth a signing on fee, with which he will be abe to pay off the elvis impersonator. BTW £250,000 is a hell of a fine for sticking the nut on someone.

heretoday
12-05-2017, 01:51 PM
He came in for a bit of criticism at times during his last spell at ER but I can't think of anyone else more likely to strike fear into defences than Stokes. Get him!

Thecat23
12-05-2017, 01:59 PM

Love it mate. 😂

Thecat23
12-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Anyone else heard The Huns and St.Johnstone looking at Fyvie? Also Boyce keen on coming too.

Just couple of folk I spoke to this morning were saying this but no idea if true.

weecounty hibby
12-05-2017, 02:12 PM
I think we need to try to keep Fyvie. Certainly don't want to lose him to der hun

Thecat23
12-05-2017, 02:13 PM
I think we need to try to keep Fyvie. Certainly don't want to lose him to der hun

I wouldn't like to lose him to them either to be honest.

Franck Stanton
12-05-2017, 02:32 PM
I wouldn't like to lose him to them either to be honest.

Wouldn't like to lose him to ANYONE to be honest.

CMurdoch
12-05-2017, 02:37 PM

At 34 I would only want to give him a one year contract.
Suspect he is looking for 2.

Slavers
12-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Get Stokes in now and a full pre-season under his belt and he will bang the goals in the SPL. Lennon will manage him well and help him with issues he has and get the best out of him IMO.

Pete70
12-05-2017, 02:50 PM

We need to keep Fyvie as cover as McGeough will likely be injured for most of the season again.

Ozyhibby
12-05-2017, 02:57 PM
Anyone else heard The Huns and St.Johnstone looking at Fyvie? Also Boyce keen on coming too.

Just couple of folk I spoke to this morning were saying this but no idea if true.

I've said all along that if we lose Fyvie it will be to one of our close competitors, not a team near the bottom of the prem or in the championship. Hopefully he stays.

hibs#1
12-05-2017, 02:59 PM
On reading the news Stokes and Ambrose are signing https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170512/f34bd364c71dee533bc9ab391b24ae83.jpg

I've seen the gif a million times on various websites and it still makes me laugh.

CMurdoch
12-05-2017, 03:00 PM
I've said all along that if we lose Fyvie it will be to one of our close competitors, not a team near the bottom of the prem or in the championship. Hopefully he stays.

I agree with all of that.

1van Sprou7e
12-05-2017, 03:14 PM
Fyvie is often just as good as McGinn and McGeouch, would be a great shame if he decides to leave

Aldo
12-05-2017, 03:22 PM
Fyvie is often just as good as McGinn and McGeouch, would be a great shame if he decides to leave

All different players IMHO.

Get Dylan or keep Dylan fit and he's the best MF player we have! Fyvie and McGinn alongside him is a superb.

1van Sprou7e
12-05-2017, 03:24 PM
All different players IMHO.

Get Dylan or keep Dylan fit and he's the best MF player we have! Fyvie and McGinn alongside him is a superb.

You're absolutely correct, although they have similar attributes they each have their own unique style and I think they compliment each other very well

Aldo
12-05-2017, 03:29 PM
You're absolutely correct, although they have similar attributes they each have their own unique style and I think they compliment each other very well

Dylan's goal v the Dons shows what he can do when fit!

It's keeping him fit that's the problem

angus hibby
12-05-2017, 03:48 PM
Fyvie offers more than Bartley so really hope he stays. Marv will be needed in certain games, but with Fyvie in team, we are much better IMO. Always looks to get on ball, whereas Bartley is more of a destroyer.

RoscoHibby
12-05-2017, 03:51 PM
Fyvie offers more than Bartley so really hope he stays. Marv will be needed in certain games, but with Fyvie in team, we are much better IMO. Always looks to get on ball, whereas Bartley is more of a destroyer.

This is it in a nutshell.

But when is stokesy signing?! 💚🏆

SirDavidsNapper
12-05-2017, 03:51 PM
I'd like to keep as much of the cup/league winning team together as possible. That experience of winning things is invaluable and Fyvie is a big part of that.

Borderhibbie76
12-05-2017, 05:00 PM
Can we leave talking about fyvie to other threads please and stick to stokesy on here...get excited seeing new posts and it's all about existing players lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
12-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Can we leave talking about fyvie to other threads please and stick to stokesy on here...get excited seeing new posts and it's all about existing players lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sounds Fine by me, mate.

Oops.. I hope you didn't think that was him signed :)

BarneyHibby
14-06-2017, 02:03 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVUON7yFko0/?taken-by=anthonystokes32

Think it's a fake account