PDA

View Full Version : Singing section

SirDavidsNapper
10-05-2017, 04:08 PM
Why is it moving to the north upper? Could not think of a worse place to have it. The atmosphere at ER has been great this season and moving the singing section out of the east to the north upper is surely going to impact this significantly. You could see opposition players trying to avoid that end of the east at times and this is exactly what I want. Loud fans right on the pitch intimidating the opposition. Just think it's nuts.

houstonhibbee
10-05-2017, 04:11 PM
Why is it moving to the north upper? Could not think of a worse place to have it. The atmosphere at ER has been great this season and moving the singing section out of the east to the north upper is surely going to impact this significantly. You could see opposition players trying to avoid that end of the east at times and this is exactly what I want. Loud fans right on the pitch intimidating the opposition. Just think it's nuts.
Bit late now........

Scouse Hibee
10-05-2017, 04:16 PM

It will probably acoustically be in a far better position in the North upper. Closer to the end of the stand and the roof will deflect the sound outwards. I think it has been well thought out and organised, you will be pleasantly surprised next season I imagine.

SirDavidsNapper
10-05-2017, 04:17 PM
It will probably acoustically be in a far better position in the North upper. Closer to the end of the stand and the roof will deflect the sound outwards. I think it has been well thought out and organised, you will be pleasantly surprised next season I imagine.

I hope I'm eating my words

GreenCastle
10-05-2017, 04:55 PM
As an east stand ST holder I've enjoyed them in the east but I think they will add to atmosphere in the FF and the other stands I'm sure will continue to join in.

Let's give it a chance as seems a full block has nearly been sold to support it.

Jack
10-05-2017, 05:50 PM

I'm sure the supporters in the East will still do a good job on the opposition.

Carheenlea
10-05-2017, 06:47 PM
Saturday offered a decent example of what we can expect as the St Mirren fans were pretty loud behind the goal and situated in one half of the South. The fact they seem to have borrowed a few of our songs helped as well..

HibsNutter
10-05-2017, 06:52 PM

Personally, I think it's a good idea, for the following reasons:

1. A central singing section will spread the atmosphere, with the West and East on either side of the singing section. People in the FF will be more likely to join in, especially with all the young kids in the FF lower.

2. There is always going to be an atmosphere in the East anyway, now there will be noise coming from at least two of the stands.

3. People tend to join in with singing when it comes from behind them, the back of the stand, rather than the front. The locals in S43 will tell you that there was a lot more noise when the drum was up the back of the stand rather than at the front. I imagine this is why the FF upper was chosen as their desired location.

Keith_M
10-05-2017, 07:02 PM

3. People tend to join in with singing when it comes from behind them, the back of the stand, rather than the front. The locals in S43 will tell you that there was a lot more noise when the drum was up the back of the stand rather than at the front. I imagine this is why the FF upper was chosen as their desired location.

I think it was more to do with the fact that the section they're moving into was, outside of the bigger games, mostly empty.

For whatever reason it had the lowest number of Season Ticket Holders in the FF and was one of the last sections to sell out at bigger games.

HibbyKeith
10-05-2017, 07:03 PM

:agree:Was talking about this at the game on Saturday, behind the goal singing sections are a success all around europe so I can't see why it wouldn't work at ER. Add to that all the kids in the sections below that will be able to really feel part of what's happening with the singing section next year.

I think it will work out well, the east will always be a stand that regularly sings so it should be good moving this to another stand.