PDA

View Full Version : Income from potential transfer fees

houstonhibbee
10-05-2017, 03:34 PM
What is the best use of potential income from transfer fees?

If we get say 3mill for JC then that equates to 30k per week over 2 years in additional funds for wages. That could make a huge difference to our current ceiling/ max in terms of attracting quality players potentially ones out of contract that we dont have to pay transfer fees for.
Thoughts?

Ozyhibby
10-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Buy pubs in Essex. A sure thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo70
10-05-2017, 03:42 PM
What is the best use of potential income from transfer fees?

If we get say 3mill for JC then that equates to 30k per week over 2 years in additional funds for wages. That could make a huge difference to our current ceiling/ max in terms of attracting quality players potentially ones out of contract that we dont have to pay transfer fees for.
Thoughts?

You can add mcginns potential transfer fee to that as well.

What I'm not sure of is what happens after the three years you've spoken of, do we then need to start making massive cuts?

I suppose the question is how do you spend massive windfalls that you can't budget for receiving in the future?

Looking back I can see why Petrie chose to spend it on the infrastructure but there's nothing left infrastructure wise to pay for.

hibs#1
10-05-2017, 03:43 PM
I'd imagine if we did come into money most would go towards wages might a little bit spent on transfers for younger players with good sell on potential again.

We're in a good position just now, we have all the infrastructure in place and most of our income can go on playing squad.
Still need to be savvy with any money coming so we can keep building in the future and so on.

Ozyhibby
10-05-2017, 03:48 PM
In my mind the money should be invested and the income from it used to fund the wage bill going forward. That way it benefits the club for the long term.
Spending it over a couple of years and then having to make large cut backs would be very destabilising.

bingo70
10-05-2017, 03:50 PM
In my mind the money should be invested and the income from it used to fund the wage bill going forward. That way it benefits the club for the long term.
Spending it over a couple of years and then having to make large cut backs would be very destabilising.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but invested in what? I assumed you meant the playing side but your last sentence seems to contradict that.

Genuine question by the way, not being arsey.

houstonhibbee
10-05-2017, 03:53 PM
not advocating a boom and bust scenario obviously but the drift of my post is that a few million in transfer fees leaves a significant amount of money to increase the wage bill resulting in the potential to attract big names/ quality players........

bingo70
10-05-2017, 03:59 PM
not advocating a boom and bust scenario obviously but the drift of my post is that a few million in transfer fees leaves a significant amount of money to increase the wage bill resulting in the potential to attract big names/ quality players........

I think it's a good question.

The obvious answer is to plough it all into the team and short term I'd be delighted with that, longer term though I wonder if that's do more harm than good.

houstonhibbee
10-05-2017, 04:08 PM

The obvious answer is to plough it all into the team and short term I'd be delighted with that, longer term though I wonder if that's do more harm than good.
presumably it could pay for the wages of 2 year deals for the likes of Ambrose, Henderson, Commons, Allen.................and a quality forward to replace JC

CropleyWasGod
10-05-2017, 04:11 PM

The problem with that is, if you lift the wage ceiling in the short-term, every player who comes near the end of their contract will be looking to have their wages increased to the new ceiling. That's storing up financial issues down the line, not to mention dressing-room issues.

My preferred option would be to increase the size of the squad, to give us strength in depth. That, IMO, is a more sustainable model. Indeed, that's the kind of model we've been using since LD and GC came in.

houstonhibbee
10-05-2017, 04:15 PM
The problem with that is, if you lift the wage ceiling in the short-term, every player who comes near the end of their contract will be looking to have their wages increased to the new ceiling. That's storing up financial issues down the line, not to mention dressing-room issues.

My preferred option would be to increase the size of the squad, to give us strength in depth. That, IMO, is a more sustainable model. Indeed, that's the kind of model we've been using since LD and GC came in.
That is in direct contradiction to the quality not quantity mantra I thought was in force.
I agree we need strength in depth but also everyone is clamoring for an improvement in quality - so a bit of both.
Doesn't matter what the ceiling is - you will still have to manage the scenario you describe. That's life.

patlowe
10-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Do we not still have some long-term debt that we are paying off over a period of time? If we use any transfer fees to pay that off then surely that will save us future payments, money which could be put towards the playing squad on a sustainable basis. I never was good with economics though...

wookie70
10-05-2017, 04:16 PM
You could always invest it in performance related pay for high finishes in the league and long cup runs. Not on a player basis but a squad basis.

Ozyhibby
10-05-2017, 04:21 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question but invested in what? I assumed you meant the playing side but your last sentence seems to contradict that.

Genuine question by the way, not being arsey.

Def not a stupid question and the answer is I really don't know. Maybe few different things. Maybe invest it in a fund with one or two of the big asset management companies (Aberdeen asset management etc).
Say we take in £5m for McGinn and Cummings. It's possible that the income from that could be about £200k pa. That's enough to find two players at the top of our wage bill before a single season ticket is sold. And it is forever.
Say in two years time we get another £2m for Shaw then we add that to it and suddenly the income from the fund is paying for three players. Or we keep it at 2 players but we use some to keep season ticket prices low to attract more fans.
Just a thought and I know nothing of high finance.
Blowing it all over 2-5 years just seems like a waste to me when it can provide income to the club in perpetuity.

CropleyWasGod
10-05-2017, 04:24 PM
That is in direct contradiction to the quality not quantity mantra I thought was in force.
I agree we need strength in depth but also everyone is clamoring for an improvement in quality - so a bit of both.
Doesn't matter what the ceiling is - you will still have to manage the scenario you describe. That's life.

The model is "3 players for every position". 2 of first team standard, 1 development.

I'm not sure we have that at the moment, so it's still a work-in-progress.

danhibees1875
10-05-2017, 04:49 PM
Do we not still have some long-term debt that we are paying off over a period of time? If we use any transfer fees to pay that off then surely that will save us future payments, money which could be put towards the playing squad on a sustainable basis. I never was good with economics though...

We do. But we have manageable interest free payments (500k p.a. over 10 years to repay a £5m debt) thanks to STF.

So using any potential transfer income to pay off that would be wasteful.

I think one person talked of investments in a financial sense - shares, bonds, etc - which I think would be a very different tangent for the club to take. The concept is sound of having a regular dividend while (hopefully) maintaining/increasing the capital invested, but I don't think that will be happening. :greengrin:

I think we'd see 2-3 decent quality players come in at the higher end of our wage structure. But that would only realistically cost c.£1.5m over 3 years. We've not been in the position before where excess cash wouldn't go towards paying off debt or improving infrastructure... although there is those pesky corners that could be filled in.

houstonhibbee
10-05-2017, 04:54 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;5039040]Def not a stupid question and the answer is I really don't know. Maybe few different things. Maybe invest it in a fund with one or two of the big asset management companies (Aberdeen asset management etc).
Say we take in £5m for McGinn and Cummings. It's possible that the income from that could be about £200k pa. That's enough to find two players at the top of our wage bill before a single season ticket is sold. And it is forever.
Say in two years time we get another £2m for Shaw then we add that to it and suddenly the income from the fund is paying for three players. Or we keep it at 2 players but we use some to keep season ticket prices low to attract more fans.
Blowing it all over 2-5 years just seems like a waste to me when it can provide income to the club in perpetuity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

its a matter of taking reasonable and calculated risk to use funds wisely but also improve performance on the pitch that in itself generates additional money in terms of final position, tv fees, advertising, season ticket sales, merchandising etc. Primarily we are in the sports industry not investment banking.

Maybe we should be called Hedge Fund Hibs FC

Ozyhibby
10-05-2017, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;5039040]Def not a stupid question and the answer is I really don't know. Maybe few different things. Maybe invest it in a fund with one or two of the big asset management companies (Aberdeen asset management etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

its a matter of taking reasonable and calculated risk to use funds wisely but also improve performance on the pitch that in itself generates additional money in terms of final position, tv fees, advertising, season ticket sales, merchandising etc. Primarily we are in the sports industry not investment banking.

Maybe we should be called Hedge Fund Hibs FC

I'm a Joiner but I still get Standard Life to look after my savings for me. I don't go around telling people I'm a hedge fund although it's possible that's what Standard life do with it. My suggestion was for a way of Hibs saving the money for the future not a change in focus for the club.

Just Alf
10-05-2017, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=houstonhibbee;5039074]

I'm a Joiner but I still get Standard Life to look after my savings for me. I don't go around telling people I'm a hedge fund although it's possible that's what Standard life do with it. My suggestion was for a way of Hibs saving the money for the future not a change in focus for the club.

Made sense to me, would also eventually pull us ahead of other teams not following the same path.... A sort of legal EBT's scenario!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Brooster
10-05-2017, 05:22 PM
Im holding out for £6m for JC and SJM. Nothing less.

Hibernia&Alba
10-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Id rather we keep hold of our top players for the SPL. It wouldn't be easy to replace the likes of Cummings. Fingers crossed we start next season stronger and not worried because some of our top players have left.

houstonhibbee
10-05-2017, 05:34 PM
Id rather we keep hold of our top players for the SPL. It wouldn't be easy to replace the likes of Cummings. Fingers crossed we start next season stronger and not worried because some of our top players have left.
I think that goes without saying. Its a hypothesis based on the alternative happening for one of the two which has a reasonable probability of becoming reality so worth discussing

Brightside
10-05-2017, 05:36 PM
You need to be careful when you say we could fund additional wages. The current structure isn't just there to keep the budget tight. It gets very messy in a club if you have some players on say 5k and the rest on 2k max. The structure it there to create harmony for the squad. Also if you use that money to fund more expensive players what do we do when that cash runs out?

sixtwo
10-05-2017, 05:42 PM
If we got £2m for Cummings and similar for McGinn I'd be looking for the likes of Stokes, Mallan, Henderson and Griffiths to be linked with us. TBH I'd blow the majority on a deal for Griffiths. He guarantees goals. The ST sales would be at 14k + with those signings

Brightside
10-05-2017, 05:45 PM
If we got £2m for Cummings and similar for McGinn I'd be looking for the likes of Stokes, Mallan, Henderson and Griffiths to be linked with us. TBH I'd blow the majority on a deal for Griffiths. He guarantees goals. The ST sales would be at 14k + with those signings

Griffiths well never be signing for us until he's near the end of his career. Hibs can;t even get close to his wage requirements.

houstonhibbee
10-05-2017, 05:46 PM
You need to be careful when you say we could fund additional wages. The current structure isn't just there to keep the budget tight. It gets very messy in a club if you have some players on say 5k and the rest on 2k max. The structure it there to create harmony for the squad. Also if you use that money to fund more expensive players what do we do when that cash runs out?
In my personal experience it is my responsibility to get paid as much as I can based on my training and experience and its none of my business what anyone else gets paid. Footballers and their agents are not babies.
if they are signed up on two or three year contracts the contracts run out before the money does but as I said earlier not suggesting a boom and bust scenario, needs managed of course but several million pounds from transfer income significantly increases our potential spending power on increased wages which is my point.

Hibernia&Alba
10-05-2017, 05:48 PM
I think that goes without saying. Its a hypothesis based on the alternative happening for one of the two which has a reasonable probability of becoming reality so worth discussing

If we lose Cummings, even for a good fee, we'll be hard pushed to replace him with someone of equal ability or better. English prices are ridiculous and there's a dearth of talent up here. Perhaps we'd need to look for a gem abroad.

Ozyhibby
10-05-2017, 06:01 PM
In my personal experience it is my responsibility to get paid as much as I can based on my training and experience and its none of my business what anyone else gets paid. Footballers and their agents are not babies.
if they are signed up on two or three year contracts the contracts run out before the money does but as I said earlier not suggesting a boom and bust scenario, needs managed of course but several million pounds from transfer income significantly increases our potential spending power on increased wages which is my point.

Mature people think like that, footballers in their twenties don't.

hibs#1
10-05-2017, 06:06 PM

I get what your saying about squad harmony but surely every club has players on different pay grades? Take real Madrid for example Ronaldo will be the highest earner on say 300 grand a week,and maybe marcelo would be on 100 grand a week.marcelo whilst a 1st choice player can't expect the same as Ronaldo.
If we signed stokes and made him our highest earner then Stevenson couldn't really expect the same wage as him.

houstonhibbee
10-05-2017, 06:06 PM
If we lose Cummings, even for a good fee, we'll be hard pushed to replace him with someone of equal ability or better. English prices are ridiculous and there's a dearth of talent up here. Perhaps we'd need to look for a gem abroad.
Im struggling with this. Why would Hibs "lose" a prize asset and leave themselves in a position that they are worse off as you suggest. That just simply won't happen. Hibs are in control and not at everyone's mercy.

hibeg
10-05-2017, 06:10 PM
I don't think clubs pay the full transfer fee up front, it might be paid over 2/3 years.

Hibernia&Alba
10-05-2017, 06:13 PM
Im struggling with this. Why would Hibs "lose" a prize asset and leave themselves in a position that they are worse off as you suggest. That just simply won't happen. Hibs are in control and not at everyone's mercy.
Who would we sign of equal or better quality, realistically? When push comes to shove we are a selling club, which means we don't lose our top players through choice, rather it's when a bigger club wants them. That makes it difficult to attract a player of similar/better quality. If Cummings leaves this summer, he will be difficult to replace.

houstonhibbee
10-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Dont think griffiths is a starter as he is under contract and would command a transfer fee way beyond Hibs resources.

houstonhibbee
10-05-2017, 06:30 PM
Who would we sign of equal or better quality, realistically? When push comes to shove we are a selling club, which means we don't lose our top players through choice, rather it's when a bigger club wants them. That makes it difficult to attract a player of similar/better quality. If Cummings leaves this summer, he will be difficult to replace.
Not sure that's the case so much now.

I think Hibs will only consider selling JC go if:

1) The offer meets our valuation
2) We have a ready made replacement in mind to fill the position. That could be a younger up and coming striker or an older head out of contract but with good experience.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2017, 06:40 PM
If we sell our 2 saleable assets for a combined fee of say £5m profit, surely we should be investing a fair chunk of that money on the best young talent we can afford. I remember when we sold the golden generation, and i wondered if we could have brought in the two lads that Hamilton sold to English clubs around the same time.

Its players of that ilk we should be targeting, young good talent that will be sold again after a few years improving us and themselves.

I'm sure most clubs would like to try this, but we have a head start whenever we do sell JC and SJM.

Hibernia&Alba
10-05-2017, 06:42 PM
Not sure that's the case so much now.

I think Hibs will only consider selling JC go if:

1) The offer meets our valuation
2) We have a ready made replacement in mind to fill the position. That could be a younger up and coming striker or an older head out of contract but with good experience.

That's true, much would depend upon how well the sale was planned. Lennon would need to get his choice of replacement spot on.

houstonhibbee
10-05-2017, 07:13 PM
That's true, much would depend upon how well the sale was planned. Lennon would need to get his choice of replacement spot on.
I wouldn't want to spend all the money on a replacement. Would keep the money and get in either someone out of contract or a young raw rising star along the lines of McGinn.

BSEJVT
11-05-2017, 06:31 AM
If we sell our 2 saleable assets for a combined fee of say £5m profit, surely we should be investing a fair chunk of that money on the best young talent we can afford. I remember when we sold the golden generation, and i wondered if we could have brought in the two lads that Hamilton sold to English clubs around the same time.

Its players of that ilk we should be targeting, young good talent that will be sold again after a few years improving us and themselves.

I'm sure most clubs would like to try this, but we have a head start whenever we do sell JC and SJM.

Couldn't agree more

The squad is still pretty threadbare in parts as evidenced by our need for emergency loans, having to play players out of position and lack of competition in other positions as well last season.

The bodies that have left will also need replacing and that before we try and source upgrades for those that are staying.

There is plenty to do with any cash received and as I have said on another thread I wouldn't want it all spent on guys at the wrong end of their careers.

matty_f
11-05-2017, 08:11 AM

If you used it to bring players that had a sell on value (like SJM) then it's a good way to go about it and providing the recruitment is good, it should produce more income over the long term.

matty_f
11-05-2017, 08:14 AM

:agree: That's the best way to do it, imho.

JimBHibees
11-05-2017, 08:47 AM

Agree or even getting one of the Hamilton players in your example though got the impression they were lined up with Wigan for months before but your point is totally valid. While happy enough to be bringing in some older players with quality we do need to be developing our own while at the same time developing younger players from other teams who can benefit us like SJM.

Smartie
11-05-2017, 10:13 AM
Agree or even getting one of the Hamilton players in your example though got the impression they were lined up with Wigan for months before but your point is totally valid. While happy enough to be bringing in some older players with quality we do need to be developing our own while at the same time developing younger players from other teams who can benefit us like SJM.

I remember being surprised at how long those 2 players stayed at Hamilton.

For all they were lined up with Wigan months before they moved, they were thought of as good players for a good few years before that.

A bit like Ali Crawford really. How has he not moved on yet?

JimBHibees
11-05-2017, 10:28 AM
I remember being surprised at how long those 2 players stayed at Hamilton.

For all they were lined up with Wigan months before they moved, they were thought of as good players for a good few years before that.

A bit like Ali Crawford really. How has he not moved on yet?

Couldnt agree more in Crawfords case saw he was on the bench against ICT. Maybe injured or a bit of an attitude not sure but always looks a player any time I see him would score loads of goals from midfield in our current midfield I think. We should also be looking at the guy Devlin decent young centre back who has played a huge number of games in the top league.

NAE NOOKIE
11-05-2017, 12:28 PM
With the way Hibs are headed regarding fan ownership I don't think it would be a bad idea to start a policy now where at least a portion of any transfer fees are invested ...... though anything the money was put into would have to be absolutely rock solid with little or no risk, if such a thing exists :greengrin

Once fan ownership is achieved there is very little prospect that we will be loaned or gifted money by a benefactor in the way STF has over the years. In view of that, building up a fund from which we can ensure we have the money to be competitive regarding the wages we can offer players might be a very good idea. ....... wages are by a long way the biggest factor in attracting the best players possible to Scottish clubs not transfer fees ..... its going to be a long long time before any Scottish club outside of the ugly sisters pays a transfer fee in excess of £250,000 for a player.

But if your club can offer players £3,000 a week and competitive bonuses that's going to put you at least level with the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts and miles ahead of the likes of St Johnstone and Dundee Utd ........ If we got to the stage where we had a fund that paid out £600,000 a year that would pay a third of the wages of 11 players on £3,000 a week ....... It would take a long time to build up a fund large enough to pay out an annual sum of £600,000 .... more than 10 million quid at 5% interest in fact ...but if you take a long term view of the clubs future I cant see what's wrong with a policy of building up such a fund.

I often thought during our Scottish cup drought that if in the hundred years prior to 2016 every Hibs fan attending 18 home matches a season had put £1 into a box at every game and our average home crowd over that 100 years had been 10,000 by the time we had reached 2016 we would have been able to offer the team a cup winning bonus pot of £18,000,000 ( eighteen million quid FFS ) ....... that isn't half a eye opener as to what a long term view can get you ..... I'm aware a quid was probably a weeks wages in 1916 but you get the idea :greengrin

Geo_1875
11-05-2017, 12:39 PM
With the way Hibs are headed regarding fan ownership I don't think it would be a bad idea to start a policy now where at least a portion of any transfer fees are invested ...... though anything the money was put into would have to be absolutely rock solid with little or no risk, if such a thing exists :greengrin

Once fan ownership is achieved there is very little prospect that we will be loaned or gifted money by a benefactor in the way STF has over the years. In view of that, building up a fund from which we can ensure we have the money to be competitive regarding the wages we can offer players might be a very good idea. ....... wages are by a long way the biggest factor in attracting the best players possible to Scottish clubs not transfer fees ..... its going to be a long long time before any Scottish club outside of the ugly sisters pays a transfer fee in excess of £250,000 for a player.

But if your club can offer players £3,000 a week and competitive bonuses that's going to put you at least level with the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts and miles ahead of the likes of St Johnstone and Dundee Utd ........ If we got to the stage where we had a fund that paid out £600,000 a year that would pay a third of the wages of 11 players on £3,000 a week ....... It would take a long time to build up a fund large enough to pay out an annual sum of £600,000 .... more than 10 million quid at 5% interest in fact ...but if you take a long term view of the clubs future I cant see what's wrong with a policy of building up such a fund.

I often thought during our Scottish cup drought that if in the hundred years prior to 2016 every Hibs fan attending 18 home matches a season had put £1 into a box at every game and our average home crowd over that 100 years had been 10,000 by the time we had reached 2016 we would have been able to offer the team a cup winning bonus pot of £18,000,000 ( eighteen million quid FFS ) ....... that isn't half a eye opener as to what a long term view can get you ..... I'm aware a quid was probably a weeks wages in 1916 but you get the idea :greengrin

You've obviously put a lot of work into that but I'm amazed you didn't just suggest filling in the corners :greengrin

Football is not a business where you can keep cash in reserve and we need to manage a balancing act where relative success keeps the crowds at the current high level. If we put money away for later but performance drops so will the crowds. Hopefully our spies will have identified a couple of replacements who can produce immediately without breaking the bank.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
11-05-2017, 01:46 PM

I think this is a good idea - in my daydreams about what i wpuld if i won on euromillions, i often arrive at some sort of endowment fund idea - after we habe bought Griffiths that is!

Its a really good discussion actually, and is something of a vindication of Petrie's approach. After 20 or 30 years of endless stadium spends and debt pay offs, we will be in the luxurious position of having to find things to spend money on.

Wages and players will obviously be a big part of it, bur your idea of a 15% levy or something on all transfers in above a certain amoint to go into a long term 'rainy day' fund is a good one.

It would give us the freedom to invest above our budget at important times.

KWJ
11-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Glad to see I wasn't going to have to be the first person to say filling in the corners!

While our stadium is realistically complete along with the training ground there are other ways we can improve our facilities and youth development. More/better coaches, wider scouting network and youth recruitment within Scotland and overseas.

Inching up the wage budget and having money for signing on fees works too.

And then finally we get a feeder club in Asia and we've done all the musts in Football Manager for turning Hibs into a European contenders :greengrin:wink:

NAE NOOKIE
11-05-2017, 05:16 PM
You've obviously put a lot of work into that but I'm amazed you didn't just suggest filling in the corners :greengrin

Football is not a business where you can keep cash in reserve and we need to manage a balancing act where relative success keeps the crowds at the current high level. If we put money away for later but performance drops so will the crowds. Hopefully our spies will have identified a couple of replacements who can produce immediately without breaking the bank.

Filling in the corners is always my first thought mate, not with seats though :greengrin

As for the rest ....... You are right, but then perhaps if you weren't there wouldn't be so many clubs struggling. The whole point is to build up a fund that will never be touched apart from whatever interest it generates which would go towards paying players, not I hasten to add buying them. I'm aware that building up enough money to generate the kind of interest that would require would be an extremely long term project, but if we had started that 20 years ago where would we be now?

I would have a contingency plan where the club would have access to the lump sum accrued if it could be proved the money was vital to stop the club going out of business and there was no other way, but short of that it would stay in the bank and continue to be added to over the years making the interest we get from it larger and larger and making the wages we could pay higher and higher.

Its not as sexy as billionaires chucking cash in and certainly not as quick ..... but in the decades to come its a policy that if implemented properly could rocket Hibs to the top and make Hibs fans who aren't even born yet very happy ..... A bit like those old Victorian estate owners who planted avenues of Beech trees knowing full well they wouldn't be the ones who would get to enjoy them :greengrin

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
11-05-2017, 05:24 PM
Filling in the corners is always my first thought mate, not with seats though :greengrin

As for the rest ....... You are right, but then perhaps if you weren't there wouldn't be so many clubs struggling. The whole point is to build up a fund that will never be touched apart from whatever interest it generates which would go towards paying players, not I hasten to add buying them. I'm aware that building up enough money to generate the kind of interest that would require would be an extremely long term project, but if we had started that 20 years ago where would we be now?

I would have a contingency plan where the club would have access to the lump sum accrued if it could be proved the money was vital to stop the club going out of business and there was no other way, but short of that it would stay in the bank and continue to be added to over the years making the interest we get from it larger and larger and making the wages we could pay higher and higher.

Its not as sexy as billionaires chucking cash in and certainly not as quick ..... but in the decades to come its a policy that if implemented properly could rocket Hibs to the top and make Hibs fans who aren't even born yet very happy ..... A bit like those old Victorian estate owners who planted avenues of Beech trees knowing full well they wouldn't be the ones who would get to enjoy them :greengrin

Like a Hibernian Soverign Wealth Fund!

NAE NOOKIE
11-05-2017, 05:40 PM
Like a Hibernian Soverign Wealth Fund!

Had to Wiki that :greengrin

Yes kind of, but as I said any investments would have to be in as low risk commodities and companies as possible ... the idea wouldn't be to make a fast buck and by doing so risking the whole strategy going tits up .... no bankrupt wine bars please :confused:

ancient hibee
11-05-2017, 06:10 PM
A nice dream but will never happen.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
11-05-2017, 06:46 PM
Had to Wiki that :greengrin

Yes kind of, but as I said any investments would have to be in as low risk commodities and companies as possible ... the idea wouldn't be to make a fast buck and by doing so risking the whole strategy going tits up .... no bankrupt wine bars please :confused:

Once were loaded, we can buy an english club as a feeder...