PDA

View Full Version : New pitch

Not In The Know
10-05-2017, 07:00 AM
Does anyone have info on the type of pitch we are laying ER? Is it just new seed or are we investing in one of those hybrid grass and part synthetic ones? Cheers

scott7_0(Prague)
10-05-2017, 07:15 AM
Does anyone have info on the type of pitch we are laying ER? Is it just new seed or are we investing in one of those hybrid grass and part synthetic ones? Cheers

It will be green. :aok:

SON OF PADDY
10-05-2017, 07:15 AM
To be fair I thought the pitch looked good on Saturday, considering it was the last game of the season.
Well done to all the ground staff.

SON OF PADDY
10-05-2017, 07:19 AM
It will be green. :aok:

Better be Emerald green grass. 🤔

Mikers110
10-05-2017, 07:20 AM
Apart from the period round the Scotland game the pitch has held up pretty well this season.

MB62
10-05-2017, 07:24 AM
To be fair I thought the pitch looked good on Saturday, considering it was the last game of the season.

I mentioned this to my mate too. Despite the fact the pitch got slated for the Scotland friendly on a p155ing wet night, I think that's the BEST I have ever seen the pitch at this time of the season.
Just another sign of getting things right at the club :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
10-05-2017, 10:41 AM
The pitch looked super on Saturday ... the ground staff must have worked really hard on it considering how bad it looked when Scotland played on it.

If its being re seeded or replaced I presume there's a good reason for it .... I doubt it will be a hybrid pitch though, they cost a fortune I understand .... whatever the case at least it will be grass, IMO no team should be allowed to play in the top league if they have a plastic pitch.

Bristolhibby
10-05-2017, 10:44 AM
Not sure what it had been like in Edinburgh this year, but down here it's been the driest winter/spring that I can remember.

Already my lawn is beginning to resemble the moon. Lots of wind and sunshine, but little rain.

Might have something to do with it.

J

1van Sprou7e
10-05-2017, 10:49 AM
Not sure what it had been like in Edinburgh this year, but down here it's been the driest winter/spring that I can remember.

Already my lawn is beginning to resemble the moon. Lots of wind and sunshine, but little rain.

Might have something to do with it.

J

Edinburgh was the driest place in the UK last month, about 10% of the April average rainfall

iwasthere1972
10-05-2017, 10:55 AM

That was my thinking. Looked great considering that it was the last game of the season

1van Sprou7e
10-05-2017, 10:58 AM
That was my thinking. Looked great considering that it was the last game of the season

Could we not have kept it for the start of the season and then relay it during the winter break next season?

hibbysam
10-05-2017, 11:10 AM
Could we not have kept it for the start of the season and then relay it during the winter break next season?

Winter is the worst possible time to relay any pitches. 2 week break in the coldest of weather isn't enough time.

Summer is the best time to relay as you not only have the best weather to do it, but you also have the most time to do the job properly.

Mon Dieu4
10-05-2017, 11:11 AM
I was wondering not too long ago and it's always dangerous when I do that, with the extra space we have at East Mains, why don't we just grow our own pitches and save on the costs

I look forward to more sensible people giving me reasons why this is a mental idea

iwasthere1972
10-05-2017, 11:25 AM

No idea. I'll ask my grass expert contact Lee Wallace.

Baw187
10-05-2017, 11:26 AM
I'm sure in non match day video footage at the stadium this year that I've seen those lamps in use that obviously cost a fortune to run so nobody out with the EPL or bigger clubs in English Championship tend to use.

It looks like they must have been used on the shaded areas and goal mouth cause they have held up well this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
10-05-2017, 11:31 AM
Only big teams spend 300k on a new pitch to enable them to get horsed even harder

Pat s 4
10-05-2017, 03:13 PM
I thought about that aswell, grow our own turf and even sell it to other teams,money in the bank.:flag:

Weststandwanab
10-05-2017, 03:20 PM
I thought about that aswell, grow our own turf and even sell it to other teams,money in the bank.:flag:

I was in the stadium this afternoon and the grass has gone. They were laying new undersoil and I was told the new pitch will be grass and is executed to grow from scratch before the start of the season.

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2017, 03:31 PM
i too thought the pitch looked great on saturday, also nice pretty patterns as well which i can't remember noticing before :greengrin or were the patterns a wee trial before getting renewed

Renfrew_Hibby
10-05-2017, 03:42 PM
Didn't realise we were laying a new pitch are we also laying a new undersoil heating system? I thought we put a new system in only a few years ago.
If so, roughly what is this costing us? Will it put a decent dent in our playing budget?

SON OF PADDY
10-05-2017, 03:58 PM
Didn't realise we were laying a new pitch are we also laying a new undersoil heating system? I thought we put a new system in only a few years ago.
If so, roughly what is this costing us? Will it put a decent dent in our playing budget?

I think it's just the topsoil being replaced before it's seeded ?

Renfrew_Hibby
10-05-2017, 03:59 PM
OK get it now

mutley
10-05-2017, 05:29 PM
MORE IMPORTANTLY............. will they be cleaning up the run off areas where grass has started to come through, looks untidy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tamig
10-05-2017, 05:47 PM
MORE IMPORTANTLY............. will they be cleaning up the run off areas where grass has started to come through, looks untidy

This is something that comes up all the time. Is it something that any of the fan reps have taken forward at all does anybody know?

Jack
10-05-2017, 05:53 PM

The club will have budgeted for this along with all the other running costs associated with an elite football club.

Itsnoteasy
10-05-2017, 07:58 PM
Edinburgh was the driest place in the UK last month, about 10% of the April average rainfall

It was the driest April on record.

Michael
10-05-2017, 09:11 PM

It can't cost much to plant a few seeds surely? Maybe a weeks work for one person?

Not much of a gardener, so probably wrong!

GreenCastle
10-05-2017, 09:17 PM

Agreed - is there a reason for it being left ?

Hopefully Tracey can find out..

Maybe they plan to change the 3G outside the pitch?

Grass seed is no where near the cost of what the yams did by relaying the whole pitch!!! Or a hybrid pitch that both clubs can't afford as they cost about £1 million to put down!!

GreenLake
10-05-2017, 09:27 PM
I was thinking this thread would be about Hearts latest scheme to fleece their fans.

MB62
11-05-2017, 09:53 AM
I was in the stadium this afternoon and the grass has gone. They were laying new undersoil and I was told the new pitch will be grass and is executed to grow from scratch before the start of the season.

Wonder what they did with the old grass? Could have been doing with buying a few square metres off them for my own garden

Jones28
11-05-2017, 10:00 AM
It can't cost much to plant a few seeds surely? Maybe a weeks work for one person?

Not much of a gardener, so probably wrong!

The top soil needs replaced before putting new seed in, this is to prevent disease which is what happened to hearts pitch earlier this season as it was the same pitch since their "new" stands were built.

To sow the pitch at the required rate is 2!day's work for someone driving the kind of tractor drawn seeder that you see working in fields - most likely will be done by the guys at East Mains - because of the number of times they will need to go over it to get the coverage.

worcesterhibby
11-05-2017, 10:57 AM
all this talk of pitches reminds how much I miss the old Slope..here is my fave picture of it...

https://scontent.flhr2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18341654_690939254427866_2030211992950426997_n.jpg ?oh=1db1fc055e7be6347efc24b468ab954f&oe=59B2F1C4

tamig
11-05-2017, 11:08 AM
Wonder what they did with the old grass? Could have been doing with buying a few square metres off them for my own garden

I remember they sold off rolls of turf when the pitch was levelled at the time of the west being built. Mine is fully integrated into my lawn.

seanshow
11-05-2017, 11:24 AM

totally agree,I might head down to Easter road with weed killer and my strimmer lol.

Perd Hapley
12-05-2017, 10:45 AM
Is the current pitch not hybrid Desso Grassmaster anyway? Wikipedia seems to think so. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Road

:confused:

CalgaryHibs
13-05-2017, 04:19 PM

Ummmmmm
Be grass be green fur sure !:)
On Facebook HIbs sent out a links showing what has happened pretty cool